Identifying a particular weapon

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Xenosynth

Identifying a particular weapon

Been a little while since I made a topic! Basically, I've been playing CCA PS1 (I was recording some of the new (for the game) 2D animated character scenes in it) and ran into something a bit strange! As far as I know, the beam bazooka that has been included with the Rick Dom model kits, as well as various other depictions, has always looked pretty much the same.

However! Char's Rick Dom in the CCA game, while still having A beam bazooka, has one that appears quite a bit differently than other depictions, as can be seen here and here.

This depiction is new to me, and while it looks similar to a few weapons (mostly it reminded me of the rifle that is depicted with Gato's Gelgoog, but with some differences still, not the least of which being the size.)

Just was curious if this particular weapon design rang any bells? I know it's not unheard of for a depiction in a game to be off, but usually it's FUNCTION (Such as the Frame Launcher on the Heavy Gundam sometimes firing missiles, sometimes napalm, sometimes an outright flamethrower) rather than actual appearance that is changed, but otherwise, most weapons appearances are always based on some kind of source!
AmuroNT1

Re: Identifying a particular weapon

Jeez, I have the CCA game (it's how I became a Gundam fan in the first place) but I don't think I have any systems still capable of playing it, let alone a memory card with a save...

Judging by the first screencap, that weapon is labeled "Beam Cannon", but I'm pretty sure it's simply meant to be the prototype beam rifle; after all, recall that they handed the same weapon to Sandra's Dom Tropen in Zeonic Front.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Re: Identifying a particular weapon

Actually, those 3 weapons labeled there at the bottom are the subweapons, not the primary weapon Which is the b. bazooka. Also gif'd a bit just to show the ammo draining. I'll have to check and see if Zeonic Front uses this same 'beam bazooka' design though.

The 'b cannon' labeled there is an offensive version of the scattering mega particle cannon, as can be seen here. Other weird labels include the fact that the Spr. B there is actually a 'spray bazooka' AKA the pellet splitting mode from the clay bazooka, but fired from the Rick Dom II/Kampfer giant Baz.