IBO MSV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: IBO MSV

From what I can tell:

Paragraph 1

- The scythe only has one blade because the other was damaged during the Calamity War.

- One of the Gjallahorn Gundams. Owned by the Nadira family who is under suspicion for corruption.

- It mentions that its biggest feature is the overwhelming defense due to Nanolaminate Coat that covers the entire body. (they actually spelled it "coat" [コート] in katakana, not armor).

Don't know whether this is an alternate casual term for Nanolaminate Armor, or whether it refers to a different special version of sorts.

Paragraph 2

- They made the scratchbuild gunpla model with a strict production schedule of substantially less than one month. Usually the Moon Steel ones takes around two months, including preparation time. They considered postponing the posting of the gunpla, but the modeler (Nozomu Nakai) managed to complete it within the limited time.
Last edited by SonicSP on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omega

Based on the pics of the model and that info you provided Sonic, I suspect the Gremory's 'Nanolaminate Coat' could be add-on armor a-la Virtue/FA Gundam, which can be ejected if needed.
E08

Translated updates on Gremory, Ortlinde (listed in pic as V03-0907 Oltlinde instead of the previous V03-1228 Ortlinde) and the new Vual Yuhana:

Gremory: A Gundam Frame MS owned by the Nadira(?) family. Boasts the highest class of defensive power amongst a number of MS, its upper body armor is covered with Nanolaminate Coat, which is stronger than the Nanolaminate Armor. With the absolute defense offered by the Nanolaminate Coat, Gremory would close in on the enemy and used its unique Battle Anchor. A huge anchor shaped weapon, the Battle Anchor was damaged during the Calamity War and has not been restored since then. With the damaged, single bladed Battle Anchor resembling the God of Death’s scythe, and combined with the suit’s hooded appearance, many who have seen the Gremory are reminded (? text unclear) of the God of Death. Like the other Gundam Frame, Gremory’s head has twin eyes and antennae. However, as the Nanolaminate Coat hood often covers it, it is extremely rare to see the head’s true look.

Gundam Vual Yuhana: Prepared by Gianmarco to support Argi. When it was decided that Sampo is the suit’s pilot, Yuhana registered the suit’s name without permission. The Gundam Vual’s frame, which is stripped of the Astaroth Origin’s exterior parts, was tailored to Sampo’s order. It is equipped with modified MS use sword and chopper that can be combined into a halberd, a pair of foldable chainsaws on the forearms and the same 210mm anti-material rifle used by Gundam Astaroth and in the past by Vual. However, the anti-material rifle is now mounted on the back instead.

Ortlinde/Oltlinde: A Valkyria Frame MS passed down the generations in the Jizin (?) Family. Its head share many similarities with the other Valkyria Frame MS, its main characteristic is the large antenna on the left side of the head. There are records of the suit fighting alongside the Nadira Family’s Gremory during the ending stages of the Calamity War. Using its high mobility, it primarily fights using twin blades, but this is not the suit’s original combat style. Its Valkyria Double Blade was originally developed as a Dainsleif launcher, but became a close combat weapon when the Dainseleif was banned after the Calamity War. One of Valkyria Double Blade’s twin blades is made of rare metal, and the weapon can separate into a pair of swords. Has Dainsleif launcher mechanism in the center parts that can be expanded (? text unclear) Connected to the frame of the left shoulder armor is a defense use binder. The mount latches on the binder’s underside is possibly for mounting Dainsleif related equipment during the Calamity War.

The Japanese wiki, citing Hobby Japan September and November issues, has additional info:
- Vual Yuhana is enhanced in terms of output and long-range combat capabilities.
- Ortlinde is used by the leader of Gjallarhorn’s internal regulatory (control?) unit, Orelus (Ollerus?) ギャラルホルン内部統制部隊「オレルス
- Incoming Gundam Frame: Nanao identified Gundam Seere as the Gundam Frame that killed Argi’s family and took his right arm.
bilbros

Great info!

By the way, オレルス should be Ollerus, Latinized name for the Norse deity Ullr
Omega

My apologies for the necropost, but felt this was worth mentioning.

The most recent IBO MSVs revealed over the past two months were both Dantalion related.

The Black Dantalion has been officially confirmed as its Gekko colors In October
While the Perfect Cowl was revealed in November

I've seen someone claim via Ebikawa's Twitter that the Vual Origin is indeed a thing, but idk if it's in this month's IBO Gekko, or if the Seere has that honor, and the Vual Origin is going to be in a compilation issue. (If I can find the Twitter post in question, i'll update this post with it, but feel free to consider the Vual Origin just a part of the rumor mill)
E08

Here's the info from the two Dantalion scans above.

Dantalion [Gekko]

Using the elementary body (?) of the Naked Form as the base, it was conceptualized to be capable of handling any battle situations by itself, and a variety of options such as the T-Booster, B-Booster, Bident, Aegis and Keraunos were prepared. When Zaza Fossil returns to his original name of Zadiel (?) Zalmfort, the suit’s white-base color scheme, which had lasted from the Calamity War to the present, was changed to a dark blue-based one, which is based on the Zalmfort family’s family crest. This dark look signifies Zadiel’s resolve.

Aegis is a large, custom shield. Besides being a defensive equipment, it is also an effective hitting weapon. In Perfect Cowl form, it serves as additional armor for the chest and head.

Bident is a custom long spear. When used with the T-Booster, it grants the Dantalion overwhelming penetrating capabilities. Has an auxiliary booster nozzle on the underside for added thrust power.

Dantalion Perfect Cowl Equipment Type

Overall height: 21m (23.4m during flight form)
Base Weight: 64.2t
Weapon: Bayonet Rifle, Gigantic Arms, Keraunos, Bident.

Various options such as the T-Booster, B-Booster, Bident, Aegis and Keraunos were developed based on the combat records of the other Gundam Frames, and equipped accordingly onto the Dantalion to suit the battle situations. The form known as Perfect Cowl Equipment Type involves simultaneously equipping the Half Cowl T and Half Cowl B, and having the Aegis covering up the Naked Form’s head and chest, granting it offensive and defensive capabilities without any blind spot (?), obtaining remarkable records in the fight against MA.

The Aegis has a hidden helmet that is deployed during the Perfect Cowl form to cover the suit’s head. The Aegis’ autocannons (seems to be the holes on the sides of the shoulders) and chest fins are also revealed in Perfect Cowl form.

Keraunos is a custom smoothbore gun. When Keraunos is used with the B Booster, the Dantalion becomes a sniper type machine that can move to its sniping point in an instant. The gun has two different grips, one for the Naked Form, the other for the Gigantic Arms. Stable shooting is possible when the back of the weapon is fixed to the B Booster’s side armor

When equipped with both Half Cowl T and B, the form is known as Gundam Dantalion ( Full Cowl Equipment Type). When both cowls are in their booster forms and equipped on the suit, the form is known as Gundam Dantalion (Full Booster Equipment Type).
biohazard_star

I found a JP site with individual text summaries of the Season 2 chapters. Google Translate's translations are spotty, but it would appear that S2 is yet again about the lesser Gjallarhorn families trying to cover their asses from corruption charges following the fallout of the Iznario Fahreed incident in S1.

http://fanblogs.jp/daimonji1869/category_16/
Omega

https://twitter.com/KANETAKE/status/901721197095747586 <- Found the Twitter link, and unless that thing behind the Graze Stachel in that pic is the Vual Origin, idk if it's not just the Vual itself, effectively debunking the Vual Origin.
biohazard_star

Omega wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 am https://twitter.com/KANETAKE/status/901721197095747586 <- Found the Twitter link, and unless that thing behind the Graze Stachel in that pic is the Vual Origin, idk if it's not just the Vual itself, effectively debunking the Vual Origin.
That looks a lot like S1 Vual to me. You can see that it's equipped with the rotary hammer and round shield. On the topic of Vual, I found this custom scratch built Vual Yuhana on twitter. I dunno about you guys, but to me it looks a lot better than the semi-fat Gusion look the official one was going for.

https://twitter.com/specterying/status/ ... 4921765888
jtrainor

Sorry to necro this, but does Astaroth Origin have the AV system?
SonicSP

All Gundams have the AV System during the Calamity War. That was one of the things that made them special since the Twin Reactors require AV to bring out their full potential.

They could however be removed later, as was the case with Brewers' Gusion setup, before Tekkadan reinstalled it for their Rebake rebuild.
Kuruni

Gecko finish its run already, right?

If so, then I guess we'll never get to see Seere beyond one silhouette.
My girlfriend was a loli.
BrentD15

Kuruni wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:39 pm Gecko finish its run already, right?

If so, then I guess we'll never get to see Seere beyond one silhouette.
I'm not so sure if it's "finished" but more on indefinite hiatus.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25