IBO MSV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
MayflyOfSpace

Re: IBO MSV

balofo wrote:BTW the 1/144 Astaroth runners don't have a single runner switch, that means its upgrade is going to be probably all new(armor and armaments) if it gets a kit.
Well that's certainly interesting. If I recall correctly, the only original part on this version of the Astaroth is the head, so either that's not entirely accurate, or they might just have an all new kit with that small part of the white B runner. Are runner switches always apparent when they switch out sections of a runner, or are they even there when they only include a small part of an old runner in a new kit?
balofo

Runner switches are a hint Bandai planned those runners with other future release in mind, so the unneeded parts can be removed while other new ones are added. Runner switches are always there even some parts were removed

However, the Barbatos 4th Form had runner switches only for the Mace and other 2 things but the 6th Form appeared with new legs, chest, shoulders, weapons, etc.

The descriptions says the head is a replica and the inner leg armor also resembles the original one. The Rifle and Anti-materiel Rifle are also original weapons.

I think they will just replace the outer armor runners with new ones with the original armor and keep the weapons while adding new ones.

BTW the HGUC F91 and Double X had runner switches but nothing came from them.
MayflyOfSpace

balofo wrote:Runner switches are a hint Bandai planned those runners with other future release in mind, so the unneeded parts can be removed while other new ones are added. Runner switches are always there even some parts were removed
Nah, I know how it works, but my question was more along the lines of are runner switches always apparent, specifically in the cases of a new kit only using a few parts from an older runner, rather adding new parts to the runner.

Also worth noting that the 4th form runners and the 6th form runners are completely different in their layouts, with the exception of the yellow runner which is identical in both kits, and the red runner, which only has two parts added to it.
balofo wrote:The descriptions says the head is a replica and the inner leg armor also resembles the original one. The Rifle and Anti-materiel Rifle are also original weapons.

I think they will just replace the outer armor runners with new ones with the original armor and keep the weapons while adding new ones.
Ah, I forgot about the giant rifle. Hopefully we get that in a kit at some point.
balofo wrote:BTW the HGUC F91 and Double X had runner switches but nothing came from them.
Well I think that just proves that Bandai is weird sometimes.
balofo

Official website finally updated: http://g-tekketsu.com/MSV/index.php

Nothing new on the MS pages nor did they publish color lineart for the characters
MayflyOfSpace

So apparently, those giant shoulder things on the antagonist gundam are wings for some sort of flight mode. The back part of the flight unit looks kind of OO Raiser-y to me, but the rest of it still looks awesome.

http://hlj.com/product/BANN07592

I'm still trying to figure out if in addition to the sword and pistol(?), that hammer-looking thing is actually a weapon.
balofo

The weapons are called Sword, Shotgun and Hammer. The right forearm has some black part attached to it
MayflyOfSpace

Okay, so it is a weapon. Cool cool. Not sure what that black part on the right forearm is though. Thought maybe is was something similar to the Barbatos Sixth Form's arm cannons, but it looks way to to tiny to be any thing like that.
Kuruni

I guess it's the Gundam that killed Argi's family?
My girlfriend was a loli.
kabukigang777

MayflyOfSpace wrote:Okay, so it is a weapon. Cool cool. Not sure what that black part on the right forearm is though. Thought maybe is was something similar to the Barbatos Sixth Form's arm cannons, but it looks way to to tiny to be any thing like that.
maybe this thing in the right forearm is holder/supporter to hammer weapon?so that he can use it with just one hand
MayflyOfSpace

I was actually just looking at the images again and came to that same conclusion. I was coming here to edit my previous post, but you beat me to it, ha.
knighief

Last edited by knighief on Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChaoticSheep1

The faces on the smug characters goes straight from smug to downright evil looking, especially that girl.
E08

Those who had suspected the red Gundam to be related to Astaroth turns out to be right. It is apparently called Gundam Astaroth Origin, and has the same model number as Astaroth. Source: http://g-tekketsu.com/MSV/ms/04.php

I think one of the previous scans noted that it has light/little(?) armor and higher mobility than Barbatos.
balofo

E08 wrote:Those who had suspected the red Gundam to be related to Astaroth turns out to be right. It is apparently called Gundam Astaroth Origin, and has the same model number as Astaroth. Source: http://g-tekketsu.com/MSV/ms/04.php

I think one of the previous scans noted that it has light/little(?) armor and higher mobility than Barbatos.
Yeah GA profile mentioned it has higher mobility than Barbatos

So how do 2 different Gundam Frames sharing the same model number work? Unless they were built as twin units or the Origin's is a fake. WTF...

Color lineart for Argee and Volco added, BW for Hakuri siblings(will join the heroes?) and Liarina. Triaina lineart got improved colors. Shame about this small digital lineart for the MS...
E08

I guess we just have to wait for explanation in the manga and/or photo novel. Also, i just noticed that the Hakuri siblings' profile states that the Hakuri Rodis are specialized for close combat.

Edit: The model number issue with Astaroth Origin reminded me of Astraea type F. Wasn't the Black Astraea type F re-numbered to the original's model number (and name) when Fon repaired and painted it in the original's colors?
balofo

E08 wrote:I guess we just have to wait for explanation in the manga and/or photo novel. Also, i just noticed that the Hakuri siblings' profile states that the Hakuri Rodis are specialized for close combat.

Edit: The model number issue with Astaroth Origin reminded me of Astraea type F. Wasn't the Black Astraea type F re-numbered to the original's model number (and name) when Fon repaired and painted it in the original's colors?
Regarding the Astrea, yeah you are correct. But in IBO I thought the Gundams were recognized by the Ahab Waves pattern from each reactor which I suppose are unique. How can there be 2 units running around with the same frame and model number? The Origin is either a flashback, an early upgrade, or shenanigans.
Kuruni

One thing, we learned that Ataroth was stripped to bare frame before Valco restore it.

It's possible that someone manage to collect all of those parts and put them together on different frame. Then call it Origin as in original form.

I too think it's likely a flashback, but the possibility is there.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Xenosynth

I agree with Kuruni's hypothesis. Even the head of the Astaroth was supposed to be a replica, so it COULD be all the old armor on a replica of a Gundam frame (Which could also end up being its weakness?) Though yeah, a flashback isn't out of the question.
MayflyOfSpace

I also agree with Kuruni's theory, and I also think a flashback isn't out of the question. Maybe part of the story revolves around Argee eventually learning that he is now piloting the Gundam that is responsible for his parents' deaths?
balofo

Well, let's wait for this month's magazines for more info on the Origin, maybe it's gonna the MS featured

Anyway here is the HQ Hakuri Rodi lineart, I pray we get it every month

http://static.zerochan.net/Mobile.Suit. ... 004072.jpg