IBO MSV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
E08

Re: IBO MSV

Here's the info from the HG Astaroth Origin kit. Apparently, someone decided to give Astaroth Origin an upgrade in flying ability.

Flight Mode: Grants the Astaroth Origin solo long range cruising ability several times that of normal MS. In the atmosphere, it allows the suit to fly at high altitude as well as enable it to glide for extended period. The mode is developed for engaging battle in a wide area.

Family Crest: After the Astaroth Origin is formally recognized as belonging to the Warren Family, the family's crest is engraved on the shoulder armor and cockpit hatch while the suit is being restored.

Gamma Nanolaminate Sword: When compressed Ahab Particles are transmitted to the sword via the connecting cable, a gamma nanolaminate reaction is induced on the blade's surface, which has a special nanolaminate structure. The gamma nanolaminate active blade can destroy the nano laminate structure of MS and ships' armor when they come into contact. In theory, this can be considered an extremely powerful weapon. However, as the compression technology for Ahab Particles lack stability, even at a time when the technology allows for the development of the Gundam Frame, there is only a few successful cases/examples. This technology is now completely lost.

Sledge Hammer: A striking weapon that also serves as the Gamma Nanolaminate Sword's sheath. In this state, it is an excellent weapon as it is easy to wield. Mountable on the side skirt.

Shotgun: Main shooting weapon, has short effective range. For machines that excel at using high mobility to approach enemy at a rapid pace, the shotgun can be utilized effectively as a mid-range weapon.
SonicSP

That Nanolaminate Sword is reaaaaally interesting. I think this would in essence be the first Ahab-based weapons we've seen in the series. It also appears to reinforce the idea that Ahab Particles are the ones that power the Nanolaminated Armor instead of Ahab Waves (following the HiRM Barbatos manual basically).

That part about Ahab Particles stability not being good even back then is interesting. Gives us a little bit more info on Ahab technology even back then.

Also, what time period did Asteroth Origin exist in? I would assume it would be prior to it getting sold right? Because the Warren family only got it after finding it on the moon after the Calamity War ended and their symbol is noted here.
Arsarcana

I think it's safe to say the Astaroth Origin's time period would be 'from its creation during the Calamity War until the Warrens sold it'. At the very least we know that the Origin's parts were what the frame was equipped with when they found it on the moon, less the family emblems of course. It's always possible that alternate equipment sets existed during the war like the Kimaris' 'Trooper' armor but if so, we're probably never going to know.

We know they modified the frame with an energy transmission system for some bit of equipment they added themselves (I get the impression they're talking about the anti-material rifle given that it requires a direct connection to the frame and wasn't part of Origin's equipment but I don't think they've actually said that) but for all intents and purposes the frame was probably unchanged for centuries, until they had to sell it off.
E08

Actually the Astaroth Origin's energy transmission system seem to be its original equipment, AFAIK, nothing says that the system is added by Warren Family. I have seen speculations that the energy transmission system is referring to the Ahab particles transmission to the sword, but the manual said nothing other than stating it has a special energy transmission system. Not sure if the manga says anything though.
Arsarcana

Ahhh, now that I think about it I believe you're right. Faulty assumption on my part there.
E08

Old news, but for those who are unaware, the black unknown Gundam Frame's identity has been revealed as ASW-G-47 Gundam Vual.

The new handheld weapon is the Mining Hammer, which replaces the previous glaive. The hammer's face can rotate to deal lethal damage. The two added shields compensate for the missing armor. The shoulder shield has spikes and can be used to strike enemy.
E08

Late, but here's the manual scans for Gundam Vual: 1, 2

Missing info
MS profile:
-Prior to it being found in the discarded colony, Gundam Vual is one of the many Gundam Frames that could not be located.
-Tantotempo was hired to dismantle the discarded colony and Rosario was the site manager. He seems to be already planning to overthrow Daddy Ted when he recovered the Gundam Vual.

Rosario's profile:
-He was a MS pilot while with the pirates.

Weaponry Section:
-The Mining Hammer is relatively light yet has high destructive capability.
-Through continues attacks from the Glaive, the enemy could be destroyed without any chance of retaliating.

Tactics Section:
-The backpack and leg boosters also succeeded in greatly extending the Gundam Vual's solo flight range.
-The two shields reduce the worries associated with the suit's armor

Astaroth Origin Section:
-Rosario was searching for compatible equipment for the Gundam Vual when he met Ville.

Also a bit of spoilers about Astaroth Rinascimento (the protagonist's Gundam in Gekko's S2) from the Chinese wiki (I haven't really look at the manga yet, so I'm unsure if they are accurate):
Spoiler
Astaroth Rinascimento is Vual with different armor. At the end of Gekko S1, Volco fitted all the Astaroth Origin's parts he had obtained onto the Astaroth's Gundam Frame (according to the Japanese wiki, the Astaroth's restoration at this point is around 82%), but the Gundam was stolen soon after. So Volco fitted other mobile suit parts he had on hand, including the Astaroth Gundam's discarded parts, onto the Vual. He also added a neural connection in the cockpit for Mirage.
Last edited by E08 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Calubin_175

A case of settling for a replica or stand in, especially after losing the original.

I think a similar case in Gundam has happened before but couldn't think of it right away.

Could have been the red pseudo Full Armor Alex that was essentially a GM Custom.

There was also the Hazel Reserve Unit being a GM Quel body and later christened as Hazel II.
Omega

First MSV Look at the Astaroth Rinascimento

Posting this here for someone interested in translating the info, though I recognize the Garm Rodi is mentioned from the UGY-R45 Model Number
SonicSP

I'm going to give it a shot but might need E08 to smooth out the edges/correction.
After returning it's original armor from ASW-G-47 Gundam Vual, up to 82% of the appearance of ASW-G-29 Asteroth has been restored and it was sold by Nanao. After being bought back by Jean Marco in the black market of Wood Application Board, strength reinforcement was done to conpensate for the defiency.

Originally the weight balance was due to irregularly shaped body, but as a result of emphasis on offense and armor, the balanced worsened to point where only Argi can handle it.
Will add more if I can read the other stuff. Only looked at the main profile so far.

I don't know how those kanjis beside the black market are supposed to be pronounced or even what it is, so I'm just gonna write that.
E08

SonicSP wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:07 am I'm going to give it a shot but might need E08 to smooth out the edges/correction.
After returning it's original armor from ASW-G-47 Gundam Vual, up to 82% of the appearance of ASW-G-29 Asteroth has been restored and it was sold by Nanao. After being bought back by Jean Marco in the black market of Wood Application Board, strength reinforcement was done to conpensate for the defiency.

Originally the weight balance was due to irregularly shaped body, but as a result of emphasis on offense and armor, the balanced worsened to point where only Argi can handle it.
Will add more if I can read the other stuff. Only looked at the main profile so far.

I don't know how those kanjis beside the black market are supposed to be pronounced or even what it is, so I'm just gonna write that.
The Kanjis were simply 'Jupiter Sphere'. Anyway, SonicSP, your translation seems mostly right. I have the feeling a modified version of this profile would appear in the upcoming model kit manual.
E08

Here's the model manual images for Dantalion: 1, 2

The english profile text is a summary of the Japanese text, only minor stuff missing. The line "breaking up the progress of the war with a single machine" sounds a bit awkward, but I think most readers get the idea behind it. i.e. a single machine that had a great impact on the war.

Stuff missing:
-Amongst the 72 Gundam Frame, Dantalion is one of the last.
-It is known that the suit's designs has gone through several major revisions based on the remaining/surviving Calamity War era design data.
-Dantalion remains Zalmfort family's symbol even 300 years after the war

As for the weapon and equipment section, I think the second sentence of the Bayonet Sword should be 'The rifle function remains, and by pulling the trigger, it can serve as a gun-sword.'

Speaking of weapons, the IBO Mechanical Works book has a different description for the Bayonet Rifle/Bayonet Sword: A versatile weapon, depending on its mode, it can be used as a gun to restraint the enemy or as a close combat use large sword. Functions like a sub machine gun in its folded state, and in sword mode, it functions like a rifle. The blade is shaped for smashing/striking rather than cutting.

In the same page, the profile for the 'Bident' (バイデント) roughly says: A custom large spear, it also functions as a shield. Has an auxiliary booster for course correction and to improve the suit’s mobility. As for the 'Keraunos' (ケラウノス), I can't make out the second sentence clearly due to the image quality, but it says along the lines of 'One of Dantalion’s basic equipment. Not too large, easy to wield' or something similar
Last edited by E08 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
E08

Accidental double post.
Calubin_175

http://g-matome.com/archives/post-36933.html

New Valkyrie Frame MS that appears in episode 2 of the Sidestory Season 2.

Named after the third daughter of Odin.
E08

Images for Astaroth Rinascimento (for those unaware, ' Rinascimento' is Italian for Renaissance): 1, 2

The MS profile's english translation is alright. Unimportant info missing is as below:
-Volco search high and low for the Gundam after it went missing but to no avail.
-The underground market is full of pirates.
-Argi is unaware of the Astaroth's original look.

The 'Combat Style' section is quite mangled, but I think most people should be able to get an idea of what it is saying. Anyway, here's my take: "The armament located all over Astaroth’s body was devised by Volco as a way of providing equipment support to Argi Mirage, who has yet to mature as a MS pilot. The aim is to gain the advantage in combat no matter the situation via the effective use of the equipment."

Next, here are some missing and incorrect translation in the 'Weaponry' section.
-Rifle: uses standard ammunition, unknown if Argi noticed the improvement in accuracy.
-Demolition Knife: As it is foldable, there are weak points in the strength aspects of the blade.
-Short knives: judged compatible with Argi's combat style based on past usages.
-Sub Knuckle: Its shape can cover the suit's manipulator, thus it is mounted in front of the wrist.
-Shield Arm: I maybe wrong here, but rather than the Shield Arm's manipulator being able to mount the Sub Knuckle, it should be the Shield Arm's manipulator could be mounted on the Sub Knuckle. The Iron Blooded Orphans Mechanical Works book noted that the Shield Arm's manipulator shares parts with the Sub Knuckle's manipulator.
-Bastard Chopper (most unique name in IBO me thinks): Obvious mistranslation here, it should be the chopper itself is connectable to the Knife, not the Dainsleif. According to the Iron Blooded Orphans Mechanical Works book, the explosive Dainsleif is a mimic of the real Dainsleif with its warhead being propelled using gun powder. It is not as powerful as the real Dainsleif, and is used in extreme close range to penetrate nano laminated armor. When using the explosive Dainsleif, the chopper has to be in the combined form for stable firing position. While the manual calls the chopper a sword, the book described it as an axe-type weapon.

Here's other info about Astaroth Rinascimento mentioned in the scan posted by Omega several posts up:
-Sub Knuckle uses Garm Rodi's leg armor
-Backpack is enlarged, and its thrust is greatly increased. Maintains the suit's mobility despite its heavy equipment.

Lastly, about Ortlinde (the new mech in Calubin_175 post), its weapon is known as 'Valkyrie Twin Blade'.
SonicSP

Thanks for the translation as usual.

Question: Is this the first time we have seen this pseudo explosive based Deinsleif in the series?
E08

No idea. Another thing I forgot to note is that early information only noted that the Bastard Chopper has a pile bunker. Not sure if they are concealing the surprise, or is it like the Astaroth Origin's flight/Gliding capabilities, where the information was changed mid-way.
Arsarcana

I suspect that the pseudo-Dainsleif is the pilebunker.

Also, I like how the Bastard Chopper/Demolition Knife combo sort of addresses one of the structural issues with the latter weapon, namely that it reinforces the hinge. Having the thing fold in the same direction that force is always going to be applied to the blade in use was sort of an obvious issue in case something went wrong with the mechanism locking it in place.
Omega

For this month's IBO MSV we have the ASW-G-56 Gundam Gremory

It's not much, but does this offer any actual new info on the frame or no?
Kuruni

Bullshit!! Heretical!!

Out of 72 demons they pick Gremory and...does not make it girl-like?!

Serious, there're only two girls in 72 demons and the other one is a mermaid. Any sane mind won't miss the chance to make it feminine.
My girlfriend was a loli.