The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
zetatype

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

MayflyOfSpace wrote:So, this might be answered somewhere else that I missed, but in episode 17, when watching the Barbatos battle the Kimaris, McGillis says something along the lines of he was amazed that two of the Gjallarhorn machines that ended the Calamity War would ever fight each other.

This obviously seems to suggest that the Gundam Frames were originally built by Gjallahorn. Do we have anything else that proves that other than this line?
I don't think so, though considering the fact that the Gundam frames and Gjallahorn are credited with bringing the Calamity War to an end I figured it only made sense that they built them.
FinalSin66

The gundam frames have same/series model numbers. As I haven't seen any huge difference between frame to frame, be more precise the model number for them is AWS-G and the number after is to denote individual unit. From engineering/design stand point this implies they were all designed and built by the same entity. Had designs been stolen or released and built by others they would have changed the model numbers to suit their engineering/production lines. Now who is to say these machines were built for just one faction or stolen after being built, add 300 years and origins and history could easily be distorted. For instance the Barbatos model number was identified by Gjallahorn records based on Ahab reactor signature, but was that something noted as a manufacture of it, or recorded as a dangerous military target by an enemy. And is Gjallahorn records their own or something confiscated hundreds of years ago.
MayflyOfSpace

zetatype wrote: I don't think so, though considering the fact that the Gundam frames and Gjallahorn are credited with bringing the Calamity War to an end I figured it only made sense that they built them.
Yeah, it makes good enough sense, I just wasn't sure if there was any other hard evidence other than this statement from McGillis. Someone elsewhere on the net told me there was some other proof, but I hadn't been able to find any and I figured if anyone knew, it'd be the folks here.
Amion

Yep, the old geniuses here in the mecha thread are the very soul of the place, even if the dark shadows have crept over the outer extremities elsewhere. I can't think of any other site that not only has such immersive technical discussion archives, but with many of those posters still salivating in the darkness, just waiting to be summoned up for a lengthy dissection of mecha tech. :)

Could also be the Gundams were built by a third party like Anaheim, maybe? That would explain how they could get Ahab signatures and stuff, though that info might be more easily obtained than most.

And I would agree on the assumption that the Gundams were all built by one entity, whoever that was. Seems highly unlikely they'd end up as a mixed bag from the different factions. There'd be too many design differences on a mechanical level.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
SonicSP

MayflyOfSpace wrote:
zetatype wrote: I don't think so, though considering the fact that the Gundam frames and Gjallahorn are credited with bringing the Calamity War to an end I figured it only made sense that they built them.
Yeah, it makes good enough sense, I just wasn't sure if there was any other hard evidence other than this statement from McGillis. Someone elsewhere on the net told me there was some other proof, but I hadn't been able to find any and I figured if anyone knew, it'd be the folks here.
For what it's worth, Kimaris was a historically pretty big symbol of Gjallahorn pride according to its HG. Its gotten to the point where it was seen as a physical realization of Gjallahorn ideals themselves and was used in ceremonies a lot in the old days.

If it was a machine they made on their own as opposed to something they hijacked, it would make sense for them to view it so highly as a symbol. You could still appreciate it if it was a hijacked machine that also ended the war but I feel like the actual people running the organization at that point would have that genuine feel of pride if it was truly their machine. It doesn't necessrily confirmed that they made it but all signs are pointing to it.
Amion wrote:Could also be the Gundams were built by a third party like Anaheim, maybe? That would explain how they could get Ahab signatures and stuff, though that info might be more easily obtained than most.
Ahab signatures are unique to each Ahab reactor unit as opposed to mobile suit models. It wouldn't be surprising if Gjallahorn have them since we know that at the very least, Barbatos and Kimaris was theirs at some point, with the probable scenario at this point that all the Gundams were made by them.
FinalSin66

So I was looking at new gunpla pics of the Kimaris Trooper. What I first thought were barrels on the lance like the Kimaris original lance had, cause of the angle they seem to be at, I think are thrusters, along with what is another set on the side of lance. Most likely to the effect of quickly pulling the lance out of a smashed target
balofo

-Astaroth's arm shield is called Sub Knuckle and it seems to be a side skirt from a Hyakuren
-EB-06j is the model number for the Graze Ground Type
-Trooper's skirt sub-arms are to grip the lance, perhaps to not let it become stuck on the target/additional piercing power

HG Kimaris Trooper and Carta's Graze Ritter next Thursday, if there are leaks I will post info from the manual here
Midi_Amp

FinalSin66 wrote:So I was looking at new gunpla pics of the Kimaris Trooper. What I first thought were barrels on the lance like the Kimaris original lance had, cause of the angle they seem to be at, I think are thrusters, along with what is another set on the side of lance. Most likely to the effect of quickly pulling the lance out of a smashed target
It's not thrusters. The preview for episode 23 shows Kimaris Trooper lance actually shoots from those barrels, and yes, the projectiles shoots outward not parallel with the lance tip. Perhaps its function is to line up the target towards the middle so the lance can penetrate it. So you either got shot by the projectiles going sideways, or you stay in the middle and got skewered.

Also, the preview episode shows that the Kimaris Trooper "4 legged mode" actually hovers, and that hoof like protrusion on the front is actually jet nozzle.
balofo

EP 22:
-Kimaris Trooper's side skirt subarms can also hold its shield
-the organization that would become Gjallarhorn is confirmed to make the 72 Gundams and inventing the AV System for MS piloting
-The other MS inside the AV System research facility were Grazes
-During McGillis exposition 6 Valkyria Frames were shown side by side
nacho-wan

MayflyOfSpace wrote:So, this might be answered somewhere else that I missed, but in episode 17, when watching the Barbatos battle the Kimaris, McGillis says something along the lines of he was amazed that two of the Gjallarhorn machines that ended the Calamity War would ever fight each other.

This obviously seems to suggest that the Gundam Frames were originally built by Gjallahorn. Do we have anything else that proves that other than this line?
March 6rh episode spelled it out.
BTW, I'm the only one thinking that mecha-ein's super Graze will be a massive mobile armor a la psyco Gundam?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Dark Duel

Not saying it's impossible, but it doesn't appear to be the case, based on the brief glimpses we got of it in the episode - nor from the pics of the kit that appears to be of that mobile suit. It looks to be simply an upgraded Graze, or possibly a Valkyrie Frame MS similar to Grimgerde.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

-Ein's new MS is a Graze Frame, the shoulders/arms are new as is the lower legs. It seems to have small guns like the Barbato's mortars, the feet claws can close.
-Kimaris Trooper's sword is called Kimaris Saber
nacho-wan

@Balofo: I think I read somewhere that they are pile drivers -I bet they will do a great deal of damage!
The thing I'm most curious are the shoulders: they seem to hide something. Otherwise why they are so big? Some pop-up gun perhaps?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
hitokirigarou

nacho-wan wrote:@Balofo: I think I read somewhere that they are pile drivers
The guns Balofo are referring to aren't the pile bunkers on the forearms. If you look at the link Dark Duel provided, you'll see two small guns in the third picture with the axes, feet and hands.
balofo

Preliminary manual info:
-Kimaris Trooper: H:19.1m, W:32.7t. Still Good for frontal attacks and now can parry enemy attacks. No mention of Gaelio getting AV System.
-Carta's Graze Ritter: model number: EB-06rs, H: 18.7m, W:32.1t. Used in ceremonies, almost no combata data due to the Arianhord Fleet on the moon. Better mobility than the Graze which is its sister machine. Carta is one of the few non corrupt GJ people, though her fleet was considered decoration.

More when I get the weapon pages

EDIT:
-Trooper's lance is called Destroyer Lance, sub-arms are to not lose the armaments
E08

Based on the blurry scans posted on Gundam Guy, the formations used by Graze Ritters seem to be related to its role in the ceremonies. On another note, i think the Barbatos 6th form's HG manual noted that Graze Ritter is only used by Carta's guards team.
balofo

More manual info:
A)Trooper:
-has built-in mines in the rear skirt(explosive, napalm, smoke) for MW suppression or MS disturbance.
-Equipped for long battles
-Stable mobility in outer space, hover in the ground. Emphasis on rush power rather than turning ability, excellent front destructive power. Armor was retrofit for Trooper Form
-Destroyer Lance: has 140mm machineguns and thrusters for posture control
-Kimaris Saber: can be used by a main arm if the Lance is held by a sub-arm
-Kimaris Shield: can be mounted on arm, held by the manipulator or sub-arm

B)Carta's Ritter:
-this machine represents GJ's philosophy
-Carta's team has rights to drop to Earth so they can be equipped accordingly, drop modules can be deployed(seen in the anime)
-Knight Blade: takes into account combat and ceremonial duties in its shape

next week is 1/100 Kimaris&6th Form, there shouldn't be lots of new info, if any.
E08

balofo wrote: Used in ceremonies, almost no combata data due to the Arianhord Fleet on the moon... Carta is one of the few non corrupt GJ people, though her fleet was considered decoration.
As if that is not enough to show how inexperienced Carta and her fleet are, the last sentence on the first page of the Graze Ritter's manual stated explicitly that Tekkadan is their first opponent.
balofo

-MS G is called Graze Ein, model number EB-AX2
-New MW model for Tekkadan
-New Rouei rifle
nacho-wan

Funny I though Graze Ein was the fan joke name. How fitting he is called "one" in german
-Henry I. Miller