Unused 00 MS design: GN-X III Patrick Custom

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Zeonista

Re: Unused 00 MS design: GN-X III Patrick Custom

I can see why the design was not used, it is rather pedestrian for a named 00 character. Even so, one appreciates Patrick getting his own Custom version.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
balofo

This unused weapon might have been the inspiration for AGE-1 Razor's boomerang

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/a081fa4egw1 ... 0zktif.jpg
SonicSP

I rather like it. The green very much fits the color of the Patrick's Demonstration Enact. I also love the V-fin.

The V-Fins really really stand out though and would be a little weird as an ESF/A-LAWS in-universe design within the S2 time period. This is because the ESF designers were trying to get away as much as possible from the external symbolism from the Gundams as possible, to the point where they even covered the Ahead's chest orb, the first GNMS designed from the ground up by the ESF. To add a traditional V-Fin in a custom unit would run counter to that unless they really really wanted that extra particle control capability that the clavical antenna provides.

The design would fit in the movie period though since Gundam symbolism has become a positive thing again which is why the GN-XIV readded then. Though Patrick using a mere GN-XIII instead of the latest GN-XIV would be strange given he's the general's husband.
ShadowCell

maybe Patrick gets the GN-XIII because it's less expensive and they know they'll have to replace it a lot... C:
Dark Duel

I actually think the V-fin-esque antennae look really goofy, myself. But yeah, I agree with Sonic that the aesthetic doesn't really fit within the S2 period as established by the series, though it would fit in the movies. But again, a mobile suit that obsolete would also stand out a bit in the movie as well, for a named character. Be kinda like if in S2, instead of playing the weeaboo, Graham had still been running around in a stock Flag.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."