The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

gunform1010 wrote:Also, that theory you made is pretty weak. He doesn't necessarily have to watch the episode to conclude the number was related to G Gundam.
Somehow you completely miss my point again. The point of my statement is that he can come up with connection between Build Burining's model number and Mobile Fighter's model number without it has to be explicitly state in kit manual. I said that because after Mark post this connection (which, while I think so, is still a theory), you suddenly ask about unreveal spoiler-worthy info, like it should be in kit manual.

So if I have to make my previous two statement clearer for you, it mean "kit usually don't spoil something big like that. And just because he find an interesting connection doesn't mean it spoil whole thing."

But enough of that, we pointlessly derail this thread for far too long.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Akashi Takumi

Does anyone know what SD model the Winning Gundam is based on? Or is it a completely original mecha? Thanks in advance.
AmuroNT1

Winning Gundam seems to be a wholly original design rather than being based on anything other than the general concepts of SD Gundam.

EDIT: Regarding Build Burning's model number, there's really no need to debate since it's just fluff. Technically a Gunpla doesn't need a model number at all, since rather than an official military machine it's just a model kit. Mark simply made the amusing observation that Sei apparently gave it a model number that matches up with the conventions of G Gundam's numbering system.

As for the mysteries behind the Build Burning, we're only three episodes in. It wouldn't be much of a mystery if they told you the answer five minutes after asking the question. Just chill out and enjoy the show, I'm sure they'll give us the answers over the course of the main plot.

In a related note, the Powered GM Cardigan's model number is RGM-237C. That doesn't fit any conventions but there's a reason: it uses Goroawase, a form of Japanese wordplay that uses numbers as a shorthand for words. In this case, 2 is Fu(tatsu), 3 is Mi(tsu), and 7 is Na(na) - Fu-Mi-Na.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Calubin_175

I remember getting this guy back in 1994 when it first came out. http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN42524/Gun

Hopefully its appearance in the next episode hints of a BB Legends release given that GoddoMaru(God Gundam) is in the episode as well and Hikktori(Victory 2) will have a BB Legends released.
Akashi Takumi

AmuroNT1 wrote:Winning Gundam seems to be a wholly original design rather than being based on anything other than the general concepts of SD Gundam.

In a related note, the Powered GM Cardigan's model number is RGM-237C. That doesn't fit any conventions but there's a reason: it uses Goroawase, a form of Japanese wordplay that uses numbers as a shorthand for words. In this case, 2 is Fu(tatsu), 3 is Mi(tsu), and 7 is Na(na) - Fu-Mi-Na.
Ok thanks

That wordplay..I really appreciate all the little Easter eggs they give us.
AmuroNT1

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ysz9sVtfkD0/V ... 141207.jpg

Thanks to the upcoming model release, we know the name of the green Mock seen in Try (Hi-Mock, presumably a nod to the Hizack) as well as some of the weapons it uses (exclusive beam rifle, mock heat cutter, mock beam Gatling, mock axe, and mock rocket hammer).
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

PowerdGNFlag

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ysz9sVtfkD0/V ... 141207.jpg

Thanks to the upcoming model release, we know the name of the green Mock seen in Try (Hi-Mock, presumably a nod to the Hizack) as well as some of the weapons it uses (exclusive beam rifle, mock heat cutter, mock beam Gatling, mock axe, and mock rocket hammer).
Aside from the color there seems to be no immediately-obvious difference between the HiMock and the original.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Raikoh

That Mock is looking awfully Scopedog there. I like it more than the white paint job.

I'd have thought a Gunpla made with the express purpose of customization would have more points on the frame with which to attach weapons and armor and stuff. Alas, the Himock Turbo RSC will need a skilled builder to come to fruition.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Akashi Takumi

Do SD Gunpla have any other distinct advantages over standard Gunpla aside from being a smaller target?
AmuroNT1

In the world of Build Fighters everything is based off of build quality, so a really well-made SD model could presumably kick a shoddy Perfect Grade's butt as long as there weren't any disparities shifting things back in the other direction (like the SD's pilot being a rookie and the PG's being a Meijin-level fighter).

Zeis

AmuroNT1 wrote:
It's also the Powered GM's normal model number of 79 multiplied by 3. Oddly fitting for a show featuring a team of 3.
balofo

-NAOKI did Mega Shiki(Delta Gundam Beam Rifle and 2 Beam Sabers for now) and Ez8SR, Ebikawa did R-Gyagya and Bearguy F
-SD-237 Winning Gundam. Armaments: Machine Gun, Blast Bow Machine Gun(Antenna plus Machine Gun) and Battle Buzzsaw(shoulder shield when handheld). Has Core Booster form.
-Lightning BWS has to choose between Beam Cannons or Missile Pods on the same mount
-Mega Drive Launcher can transform and deploy wing binders. Has Hi Mega Launcher built in
-Hiroshi Arisawa did GM Cardigan
-AMX-104GG R-GyaGya. Armaments: Twin Beam Sword, Custom Beam Saber, 2x Shield(1 Beam Saber, 4 Beam Blades, Missiles), 2x Gatling
Xenosynth

Voting contest is at its interim, seems the Woundwort TR-6 is winning, with the Quanta in 2nd and the Strike Freedom in 3rd.

https://twitter.com/buildfighters/statu ... 7729133570

Full Tally Results:
10. S Gundam Deep Striker
9. Phoenix Gundam
8. Ex-S Gundam
7. Sisquiede
6. Sisquiede AEUG Colors (Poor Sisquiede lovers should have combined their votes >.>)
5. Xi Gundam
4. Destiny Gundam
3. Strike Freedom
2. Quanta
1. Woundwort

http://gundam-bf.net/special/sosenkyo.php

Remember to vote here, the leads can still easily change!
Deathzealot

Is there a English version of that?
Akashi Takumi

AmuroNT1 wrote:In the world of Build Fighters everything is based off of build quality, so a really well-made SD model could presumably kick a shoddy Perfect Grade's butt as long as there weren't any disparities shifting things back in the other direction (like the SD's pilot being a rookie and the PG's being a Meijin-level fighter).
Yep, I know that build quality affects the performance of the gunpla in the battle. I am just curious about the SD gundam gunpla style in particular, if it had any other inherit advantages over 'normal' gunpla styles.
Raikoh

How'd Destiny Gundam get such a high placement when it's already being used by a main character?

Polls are weird.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Xenosynth

Deathzealot: Nope, you'd have to go to their MS list and copy-paste the Japanese.

Raikoh: I think voting started when episode 1 aired. They did say that like, the votes are so spread that the results could change easily, so lots of people could have voted for Destiny before the OP aired.
gunform1010

Akashi Takumi wrote:Do SD Gunpla have any other distinct advantages over standard Gunpla aside from being a smaller target?
Not sure. Perhaps all it needs is the small size to help Fumina's mid-range support.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
balofo

We're getting another new Gundam type MS gunpla along its booster in Jan.
AmuroNT1

Early look at the manual for the Ez-SR gives a lot of details...

Ez-SR1 Intruder
Height: 18.5 meters
Weight: 65.2 tons
Fighter: Daigo Ishibashi
Armaments: Short-Barrel Beam Rifle, Beam Saber x2, Electromagnetic Knuckle x2, Head Vulcans x2, Turreted Vulcan

Ez-SR2 Eliminator
Weight: 81.9 tons
Fighter: Shota Nishikawa
Armaments: 180mm Cannon, 6-Tube Missile Launcher, Head Vulcans x2, Arm Vulcans x4, Turreted Vulcan

Ez-SR3 Shadow Phantom
Weight: 72.6 tons
Fighter: Yukito Okamoto
Armaments: Beam Rifle, Communications-Disrupting Unit* x6, Turreted Vulcan, Shield Sensor

*I went with "Unit" here, though the original Japanese is 子機, which literally means something like "cordless telephone". If you want a more logical translation you'll have to ask someone whose Japanese is better than mine.