The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
latenlazy

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

Probably that monster Neo Zeong. I guess Unicorn isn't getting any more unique equipment.
balofo

Yep, looks like the final battle will be hand to hand after Neo Zeong uses a new kind of weapon that causes beam based weapons to explode.

Not so sure I'll like it...
BrentD15

balofo wrote:A miracle happened! Someone finally managed to damage a RX-0 unit! Banshee's lost its right leg(also lost the Armed Armor DE).

http://imgur.com/Hr0eBkK
Didn't Marida slightly damage the Unicorn's shoulder in Ep3?
I remember seeing a mark left by it's funnels.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

BrentD15 wrote:
balofo wrote:A miracle happened! Someone finally managed to damage a RX-0 unit! Banshee's lost its right leg(also lost the Armed Armor DE).

http://imgur.com/Hr0eBkK
Didn't Marida slightly damage the Unicorn's shoulder in Ep3?
I remember seeing a mark left by it's funnels.
Yeah, same in the novel.

The thing is that was just an armor plate this is a whole limb. In the novel both RX-0s were untouched.
Xenosynth

New MS:
Spoiler
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rn62N7nLYtk/U ... 0/2002.jpg

Schuzrum Galluss
Zeta Plus A1 (!)
Gustav Karl (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I am pleased with all three.
Ceiling_Squid

Holy crap! Yes!!

Both Gundam Sentinel and Hathaway's Flash are getting a continuity nod, oblique though it may be. Oh happy day.

I've been hoping to see the Zeta Plus ever since it lost out to the Barzam in that popularity contest poll. I have only to wonder how it'll show up.

Also like the fact that they're mostly sticking with Kazumi Fujita's bulky design for the Karl. Just a bit of an update and cleanup. The rifle does look pretty tiny in it's hands, however...
nacho-wan

My jaw just fall to the floor and broke into a million pieces. I can't believe we are going to the gustav on animation, much less the uncanny Zeta plus. Joyous day indeed.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Heaven Piercing Man

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it
All hail the Gustav Karl, finally an official MS.

Though I rather prefer Moriki's design over Fujita, but still, I love it.
balofo

Tears rolled when I saw that Gustav Karl!

Z Plus looks like just a cameo in Earth...

Gallus J love!

Onlu poor Zaku III didn't get Unicorn love in the end....
Calubin_175

It is still the A1 but with ReZEL weapons, so we could still assume it only operates on earth.

Gustav Karl is lovely, maybe it is a prototype or serves as a prelude to new special forces akin to the 0083 epilogue with the Titans.

Strum Gallus, definitely a post 0093 model.
BrentD15

Heck yeah!
Gustav Karl! :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

Schuzrum Galluss is 50% lighter than base model, uses an external booster and is made for breakthrough enemy lines/bases.

Now with the Katoki ver gustav Carl we'll finally learn where it stores its beam saber(legs in the original novel lineart).
Zeonista

This series really is the UC gift that keeps on giving. :) Maybe they will do something besides stand around in the background? The Gallus series has really gotten serious upgrades in this series, with the Remnants variant and now this one which has been nicely updated for the UC Nineties. The Zeta Plus has the uniform paint scheme more like the C1, it would make things easier for Bandai in mold injection. ;)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
branman88

I hope with the Gustav Karl appearing that this means will see Hathaway's Flash animated in the next few years.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Deacon Blues

You know... it's funny how those amateur NicoNico videos of a Unicorn animation turned into a full-fledged project. Maybe that one for Hathaway's Flash means something too now :P

So in order to shoehorn the Gustav Karl into existence they're billing it as a it's a state of the art mass produced general purpose mobile suit whose development was carried out on a different line from the RGM-96X Jesta which was included in the "UC Project" as a strengthened mobile suit with a direct lineage to the RGM series. Advanced use (先行運用?) of this unit is carried out under the pretext of operation trials at a certain Earth Federation Ground Forces institution.
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:You know... it's funny how those amateur NicoNico videos of a Unicorn animation turned into a full-fledged project. Maybe that one for Hathaway's Flash means something too now :P

So in order to shoehorn the Gustav Karl into existence they're billing it as a it's a state of the art mass produced general purpose mobile suit whose development was carried out on a different line from the RGM-96X Jesta which was included in the "UC Project" as a strengthened mobile suit with a direct lineage to the RGM series. Advanced use (先行運用?) of this unit is carried out under the pretext of operation trials at a certain Earth Federation Ground Forces institution.
Thanks Deacon for the Carl translation now I can safely say what will happen down in Earth in OVA 7:
Spoiler
Martha will take over the Colony Laser trigger using the Carls but Kai Shiden will appear with a Zeta Plus A1 squad to arrest/stop her.
BrentD15

balofo wrote:
Spoiler
Martha will take over the Colony Laser trigger using the Carls but Kai Shiden will appear with a Zeta Plus A1 squad to arrest/stop her.
Sheesh, they're not afraid about the spoilers.
balofo

Best image so far

http://imgur.com/r8eeL9J

-The new Gallus sure looks stripped down, wonder what's that on its backpack
-No visible Beam Saber rack on the Carl...

EDIT: '' Advanced use (先行運用?) of this unit is carried out under the pretext of operation trials at a certain Earth Federation Ground Forces institution.'' This means we're getting Manhunter? :)
Heaven Piercing Man

balofo wrote:Best image so far

EDIT: '' Advanced use (先行運用?) of this unit is carried out under the pretext of operation trials at a certain Earth Federation Ground Forces institution.'' This means we're getting Manhunter? :)
Either that, or the Circe Unit. To me, it always seemed that ECOAS was supposed to be the predecessor of the Manhunters (though IIRC in CCABC it was the military unit who caught Quess and her hippie friends)
balofo

Heaven Piercing Man wrote:
balofo wrote:Best image so far

Either that, or the Circe Unit. To me, it always seemed that ECOAS was supposed to be the predecessor of the Manhunters (though IIRC in CCABC it was the military unit who caught Quess and her hippie friends)
Circe was just the renamed Kimberly unit it wasn't formed by now. It has to be Manhunter which was already active since CCA

EDIT: best image so far

http://imgur.com/o0WrWh9

-Carl now has 2 head vulcans instead of just 1
-S Galuus appears to carry mines on its back
-Z Plus has EFF markings