MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AmuroNT1

Re: MS Catalog

I'm gonna chalk that up to a brain fart and leave it at that. :P

Also, it seems that pretty soon, we can expect specifications on the Super Fumina. ...No, seriously, Bandai announced an HGBF model at Chara Hobby 2015, for a November release.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kuruni

I hope it sell like hot cake.

So Bandai will greenlight "MSV"-like Super Mirai and Super Shia :mrgreen: .

On Da Vinci, the ebam rifle is double barrel, so...
My girlfriend was a loli.
balofo

Another p-bandai exclusive with its own manual:

NK-13 Cathedral Gundam
-H: 19.9m, W: 83.6t
-Armaments: beam buster rifle, beam long dagger x2, shield, crescent moon bow, cathedral booster
-pilot: Syouki Someya

Can't say if it has anything extra unless I get a larger legible scan but this info is accurate.
AmuroNT1

We've got a scan showing the new MS from "Mayfly of Space 2". The main thing is, it confirms that the mystery Dom is NOT, in fact, the Funf; it's identified as "Rick Dom II Custom (Delaz Unit)". Additionally, the partly completed Gerbera Tetra is the Rollout version, and there's a Dra-C variant wielding an MMP-78 instead of the arm-mounted vulcan.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FcYihTYPiQU/V ... led-23.jpg
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Massignifico

I just noticed that in the final battle of CCA the Gyunei's Jagd Doga seems to fire two rapid-fire weapons, like vulcans or machine cannons. The view is from the cockpit so the specific location of those weapons is difficult to pinpoint.

It can be seen in this video at 3:11
https://youtu.be/svsuitgT9ro
Wingnut

Yeah, those are the in the same category as Epyon's vulcans in that they come out of no where and are insignificant and are not so much as peeped at anywhere else.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
balofo

Mark, anything on the Gundam in Games magazine research?

Great Mechanics Autumn 2015 will have a section just for HF lineart so it should be about 6-7 pages of HQ rare lineart(we may even get a new piece or 2), shame they clean the lineart of the designer notes...

Tomorrow also is the release of the Great Mechanics mook dedicated to Newtype machines, again there's a chance for info/lineart on Xi and Penelope

There's a G-Reco mook coming this month and another by Futabasha in October so we may finally get specs

Nothing on a Try mook yet
balofo

More delicious lineart for Penelope and Xi from the lastest GMG edition: lineart notes intact and Moriki interview included!

http://imgur.com/a/U4gxw
balofo

GMG Xi and Penelope lineart:

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4e1dcde1gw1 ... 28ch94.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/4e1dcde1gw1 ... 2aqx0w.jpg
http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/4e1dcde1gw1 ... 28w7qs.jpg
http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/4e1dcde1gw1 ... 2ayb11.jpg
http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/4e1dcde1gw1 ... 28dner.jpg
http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4e1dcde1gw1 ... 296tus.jpg
http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/4e1dcde1gw1 ... 2964p9.jpg

New stuff:
-Xi: chest/shoulder components breakdown(minovsky craft is built in the inner armor perhaps that's why it opens up to fly), forearm/knee missile launcher detail, more tail missile pod detail.
-Penelope: official funnel missile count for shoulders(18 total) and front armor(16 total), vulcan gun location on dragon neck and more cover detail, more flight unit's beam saber detail(it can freely move like a turret), detailed explanation for the flight unit combination with Odysseus(steps are numbered and it mentions the beam saber doubles as beam vulcan), more Odysseus' shield detail for all its components and a pic of both beam sabers lengths.
-Moriki interview: Tomino only asked the MS to have Minovsky Craft and Funnel Missiles, the rest of the design was up to Moriki himself. Xi was more simple because it was the hero MS while Penelope was more flashy.

Bonus: page from the GM Newtype Use Machine book. It shows the detail for the missiles stored in the Xi's forearm/knee missile launcher(no extra missiles either).

https://i.imgur.com/fCW6hfa.jpg

And there must be more lineart since GPF had the detail for the Xi's front shoulder armor minovsky craft and it was not present in GMG. There also must be some lineart for the Xi's alleged shield missiles(or a designer note) and beam sabers(to know if they double as MPC as shown in the EXVSMB cgi video).
Deacon Blues

Odd question of sorts since I don't feel like making a new thread. In regards to the RB-79 Ball, why do all of the profiles (both here on MAHQ and on the old Gundam Official pages) list the 180mm cannon as "recoilless" when the term 低反動砲 means low-recoil? I merely ask because I was working on the profiles from the Thunderbolt books and saw this term and when I cross-referenced my information with what was available, I noticed it was listed wrong. I then sourced the MS videos that were subtitled and they list it as "low-recoil" as well...
AmuroNT1

Deacon: It may be a legacy translation from the original incarnation of the site; there are unfortunately a few inconsistencies that are still on the site thanks to that.

Anyhow, the HG Super Fumina is out, so now we have actual stats.

Model Number: SF-01
Height: 24.5 meters
Weight: ??.? tons (because of course, you never ask a lady how much she weighs :P)
Weapons: beam machine gun, beam saber x 2, shield x 2, Gatling gun x 2, large rifle x 2

The descriptive text for the weapons seems to be identical to those from the GM Cardigan, so nothing new here.

E08

You forgot to include the shields' beam blades. The manual noted that Super Fumina has little armor, this lightens the Gunpla and improves its mobility. There is also the slightly humorous note that due to Sakai's high battle skills, the armor cast-off form has never been seen, and so there are doubts if the feature existed. Also the model number stands for Sakai Favourite No.1 as well as Super Fumina.
balofo

Got my hands on every GPF vol, relevant info:
-Abulhol's work arms actually have a GN Beam Rifle in the joint center when open, each tip is a GN Beam Saber. So it has 2 GN Beam Rifles and 4 GN Beam Sabers in total. Seems legit since they had access to the original sheet.
-Hydra profile mentions the normal head seems to have 2x vulcans and the back head has a mouth beam gun. G Gen Overworld supports the mouth beam one.
-No mention of where the Neo Gundam's beam vulcans are located. Nothing on the armaments of the Cluster core fighter too.
-The 00 MSV stuff has some new lineart like views and details(Yanase and Fukushi designs), for example the Blast's lineart rifle battery(caliber is mentioned to be 120mm)
-Masurao's chest beam vulcans described(only other place I've ever seen the location mentioned was DC), head lasers too. I guess this is the definite loadout. Funny how these weapons vanish from the Susanowo.
-GINN FEMWS top of the head holes actually launch canisters that release a masker that absorbs sound waves by forming a lot of bubbles because of a special polymer when swimming. Back fin 47mm rifle dart mentioned.
-Hyakushiki Kai and MP are listed has having shoulder beam gatlings, same definition as the upcoming MG gunpla.
-Land Hyakushiki Kai mentioned to have 2 missiles in its custom shield as mentined earlier. Its grenade launchers are mentioned to be located actually in is shoulders here(I suppose the round part near the neck with a sensor under it).
-Some Astray new lineart pieces
-Pergrande: mentions the dragoons have missile firing tubes instead of the cockpits of the manned units(you can see this notation on the chinese scan of the compilation book). So each dragoon has 6 missile launchers. I've seen a source(citing the original Dengeki chapter) that all the other weapons are beam cannons divide into small, medium and large(don't know if the extra under large barrel in the dragoon is also a beam cannon, there's some text pointing to it but it's illegible in ny scan), so each dragoon and manned unit has 1 large, 1 medium and 2 small beam cannons.
-Guard Shell: shield is called Tri Saucer, the feet double as claws, the chest thing is a flexible beam gun/sensor. The Rocket Anchor when open is called Anchor Claw and the center can generate a beam blade called Anchor Sword. The Laser Sword generates beam blades when mounted on the shield and also can generate a beam shield. Laser Rod can be used as a whip and can connect to the Tri Saucer for a throwing weapon. List should be: laser rod x 2, flexible beam gun, claw x3, Tri Saucer (laser sword/beam shied x 3, rocket anchor/anchor claw/anchor sword x 3).
-Turn Delta: the VL parts can generate a beam saber at the tip
-Some 0081 lineart too
-AGE was rushed but it has the Gomel/Wrozzo model numbers from the AGE Mechanics book, so these must be the cannon ones and not the old ones in the Catalog. First time I see detail lineart for the Euba/Zelam MS.

Other info:
-The Yanase book and DC show that the Harute's Beam Rifle in open claw mode can generate beam from the 2 slits.
toysdream

I do have an update coming up - I'll include these new notes, thanks!

In the meantime, here's the latest from the Origin spinoff "MSD" series - the YMS-08B "Dom Test Type" and MS-06RD-4.

http://www.gundam.info/topic/14358

The development tree for these guys is odd.

http://www.gundam-the-origin.net/msd/index.html

-- Mark
Gelgoog Jager

I don't have much trouble imagining that if the MS-06RD-4 was first used for testing the Dom legs, it could have been later been used for testing the factibility of converting a ground use Dom into a space use Rick Dom.

What really drives me crazy is that they didn't bother to give the MS-06RD-4 a different model for its role as a ground prototype. As it stands the "RD" in MS-06RD-4 can no longer be inferred to mean or relate to Rick Dom, and since we are talking about a ground unit, the R doesn't make much sense, specially when we consider that at the very least the initial designing of the MS-06G must have preceeded the development of the Dom series.

Something like MS-06JD or MS-06GD would have made more sense.

On the other hand, I think it's a terrible msitake for MSD to link the YMS-08A and the Efreet series by adding a YMS-08TX developed form the YMS-08A. I'll have to wait to see if we actually get a design for the YMS-08TX that can serve as a bridge between these units.

However, the main issue is to explain why the YMS-08A's leg jet thrusters, its key characteristic and one advantage over the YMS-07A, are missing in the MS-08TX?

So far, only the MS-08TX EXAM Custom and the MS-08TX/N have additional thrusters in their additional leg armor parts, which could potentially be linked to the YMS-08A.
AmuroNT1

Perhaps the people behind MSD made the same mistake that a lot of us did in our youth and inexperience and merely assumed that the YMS-08A is related to the Efreet because of their similar model numbers?

JEFFPIATT

ironically the old MSV line had an gouf act as the dom series test body the MS-07C-5 Gouf Test Type http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msv/ms-07c-5.htm
the YMS-08B seems to the Origin replacement it looks like the RD-4 body with the C-5 head and dom shoulder armor.
domtropen

Perhaps they want to change Dom's development so that several stock Zakus and Goufs are used to test Dom/Rickdom propulsion system before the Dom B-type? It seems odd that these test machines have legs more similar to Dom B-type than Prototype Dom and MS-07C5. Also using the designate YMS-08B is really odd, since the MS does not look anything like the YMS-08 in MSV at all. They can go for something like MS-06RD5 etc.

Isn't MS-06G just incorporating some of MS-07 design into Zaku? It seems unrelated to Dom's development?
Gelgoog Jager

In regards to the YMS-08TX, I just want to point out that there wouldn't be an issue with it if it was simply a test machine unrelated to the YMS-08A, as in the case of the YMS-08B.

Furthermore, I personally think that essentially the MS-06G is a mass production version of the YMS-08A, specially considering that the former even inherited the unusually-shaped shield of the later, not to mention that it does have leg jet thrusters unlike the MS-08TX.

Back to the MS-06RD-4, I forgot to consider the background of the MS-07C-5 earlier. According to its profile it's a unit meant to mimic the hovering capabilities of a Dom by using additional leg jet thrusters. In such case, perhaps the MS-06RD-4 preceded it, achieving the same effect by using rocket thrusters, which in turn could justify it having the "R" in its model number and later on preserve it when it's used for gathering data for the Rick Dom.

I'm hoping that more info on the YMS-08B might provide us a with a more clear idea of the relationship between it and both the MS-06RD-4 and MS-07C-5, along with the key differences they have.

As for my mention of the MS-06G, I was merely pointing that if the MS-06RD-4 was being used for test the Dom before the Rick Dom, a model number related to the Zaku II Ground High Mobility Type would make more sense than a model number related to the MS-06R Zaku II (Space) High Monility Type, assuming the R in MS-06RD-4 was supposed to indicate such relationship (since it would make little sense for the RD to refer to the Rick Dom if the standard Dom has yet to be completed).