MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AmuroNT1

Re: MS Catalog

Nightingale has been shown with the chest MPC in a few games like Super Robot Wars Alpha 2, which came out ages before the Re/100 model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCHfYea47Ro&t=1m17s
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Yeah but the Alpha 2 one fired from the, now known, 2 chest vulcan holes. Manga one is hidden by an armor cover and looks just like the Sazabi one. http://i.imgur.com/4ApffT7.jpg

Yanase's redesign also retains the wrist mounted Beam Sabers but I haven't seen the hidden arms used yet.
balofo

Crossbone pages, notice the page seam when they scanned the manga for the Divinidad. Hopefully they will get in touch with Hasegawa for the next edition.

http://i.imgur.com/Qdk529s.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FbFtGsK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/K033ACx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ru4EYMz.jpg
Deacon Blues

I'm diving back into Gundam Unicorn for a bit while I'm preparing my website section for the "Phoenix Hunter" novel. I noticed that in the small handbook for Gundam Unicorn that came with the Gundam Ace issue of the time, the prototype Stark Jegan and Stark Jegan have identical specs for them. However, the specs were dummied down in the Mechanics and World issue that came out later on, as well as those small mooks for the show. Does this really make sense? The sensor radius shrank as did the thruster output and what not?
toysdream

Later books fixed that glitch and listed different specs for the two versions. The ones on my MS Catalog page are the current correct ones.

-- Mark
balofo

Got mine:

-Color section is much better this way, still there are some MS that have colored rear lineart that aren't there like M-MSV. Plus the CG stuff when 2d lineart is avaiable...
-old B/W is pretty much intact
-Detail lineart is smaller in some B/W sections since they crammed much stuff into 1 page...
-UC has 1 or 2 new pieces of lineart like FA RX-0 color backpack. The OVA 7 stuff was just added at the end of the old stuff...
-Oldsmobile MS got downgraded to just 1 page and thus lost all the detail lineart...
-00 color is still missing the Sera
-G-Reco: color section is just missing the MP Elf Bullock and the red Moran and there's a new detail of the Perfect Pack.
-Game section was the most improved and the best part of this edition
-SEED:Re has the Lagowe High Maneuver that uses GINN HM engines. Didn't know that one
-AGE is still pretty lame, Jilsbain has no model number and others are missing theirs in B/W
-BF: that Bucue Tank missile/beam saber lineart is new
-Try: detail lineart but specs are a mess
-G-Reco B/W: some nice detail lineart and the info is directly from the manuals/BD booklets
-Game B/W: cool detail lineart for the new stuff but the old got shafted with smaller or none detail lineart...

I'd keep the 2013 edition too
AmuroNT1

Dom R35 is out, and naturally that means information.

Model Number: MS-09R-35
Height: 18.9m
Weight: 88.8t
Armaments:
-Multipurpose Shield x 2: Described as a piece of prototype equipment for the Gouf. In addition to the obvious shield function, they can fold in half, allowing the Dom to use the spikes as punching weapons. Each one also mounts a machine gun.
-Claw x 4: Mounted on the forearms and knees, these close combat weapons have high destructive power.

The model kit version doesn't come with the heat sabers seen in the lineart or in episode 25.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

AmuroNT1

Apologies for the double-post, but the Lightning Zeta has also come out, so...

Model Number: MSZ-006LGT
Height: 19.8m
Weight: 60.1t

Beam Rifle: "Its main firearm. Its accuracy is higher than that of standard rifles which, combined with Yuuma's piloting skills, ensures that every shot fired will hit*."

Shield: "A mega particle cannon is mounted in the tip. It can also be wielded as a firearm."

Beam Blade: "A beam blade generated by the wings on the back binders. They can also be mounted on the arms. They have extreme cutting ability due to their large size."

Phoenix Burst: The Lightning Zeta's strongest attack, created to imitate the Try Burning's Hou'ou Haoh Ken. By combining the shield's mega particle cannon and the beam blades, it can launch a phoenix made of light at the enemy.

It should also be noted that the Lightning Zeta lacks the ability to transform into Waverider Mode; Yuuma omitted it in favor of upping the structural integrity by placing covers over the normally exposed parts.

*The exact phrase used is 百発百中 (hyappatsu hyakuchuu), which literally means infallible aim.

toysdream

Whew! Just finished updating my list to list all the new stuff included in the 2015 edition, and changes to name spellings of existing machines. I haven't really started looking at the specs yet, but for the time being I dumped in all the specs I had on file for the Build Fighters and G-Reco series - next, I'll start the process of reconciling what I have with what's in the MS Encyclopedia.

Major new additions and updates:

Gundam The Origin
Gundam Unicorn & MSV
Crossbone Gundam series
G Gundam comic (does it have an official English title?)
Gundam Seed Re:
Gundam Seed Astray R/B
Gundam Age side stories & MSV
Reconguista in G
Build Fighters series
Missing Link
Extreme Vs. series

-- Mark
balofo

-Destiny Astray B: you didn't list the Gouf Ignited(Actaeon Industries Captured Unit). The right arm MA-M757 "Slayer Whip" Heat Rod looks different from the the Elza lineart ones, also equipped with 2x M181SE "Draupnir" 4-barrel Beam Gun.
-G Gundam manga: that's going to be difficult to gather info. Besides the horrible drawn manga fights only the Max Revolver got a rough lineart page so far.BTW Bolt Clash is called both Crash and Crush in English in the manga color pages. http://i.imgur.com/aQXTa5u.jpg
-Missing Link: FA Slave Wraith armaments: http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/85094e28gw1 ... 16pb29.jpg
-EXVS: I will wait for your armament list so I can make the additions.
-G-Reco: there's the Official Guide Book coming out in August. I will await for that before starting on this one
-Try: Better wait for its eventual mook

So the next series in order are G, W and Turn A?
toysdream

Yes, I think that makes sense for an order of priority. Then, last and least, Gundam Age. :-)

Also: Added captured Gouf and FA Slave Wraith armaments. "Bolt Crush" sounds more likely to me since the regular Bolt already has a finishing move called the "Gaia Crusher", but I feel like I'd need a written source to overrule the MS Encyclopedia spelling...

-- Mark
balofo

-FA Slave Wraith: going by the lineart it has 2x short beam rifles stored on the left shield which are just the GM Light Armor's Beam Spray Guns. The chest missile pod seems funny to me since the lineart only shows extra chest armor and the vanilla Ground Type chest barrels aren't missile pods. It also keeps the chest vulcan gun and chest multi-launcher
-Bolt Crush: http://i.imgur.com/6EMkNe8.jpg http://i.imgur.com/TIheJ8m.jpg Crush image is the latest
AmuroNT1

This article from 4Gamer (posted by Balofo in the ExVs topic) provides the weapons and some names for Extreme Gundam Dystopia Phase, the upcoming final boss for Maxi Boost.

Named:
-Sphere Bits
-Large Beam Cannon
-Divine Blazer
-Bottom/Underside Turret

Unnamed:
-Missile launcher
-Exploding spheres
-Beam shields
-Mouth beam
-High-power turret beam

balofo

Mark, do you have any info on the Gundam in Games feature that appeared in Dengeki Hobby 2000/7. I have the impression all the MS were covered in just this edition. The cover says it covers G Gen 0/F/Gatherbeat, Giren's Greed and its sequel and RISE FROM THE ASHES and others

http://i.imgur.com/erLMLKw.jpg

I have seen the following G Generation Real MS Data File scans floating in 2chan:

Gatherbeat:
-Dom Gross Beil
-Dom Bein Nicht
-Gm Juggler
-Ez8 HAC
-Ez8 HMC

F:
-Zanspine
-Phoenix Gundam

Do you know if there are more of these profiles from this feature? I ask this because the mahq profiles on the units I listed have info from this magazine and they have some rare good size lineart on them.
toysdream

I have some of those issues - I'll take a census and see exactly which ones.

Meanwhile! I mentioned that I found a big spreadsheet of Sunrise-issued mecha info from back in 2008, which covers all the UC anime through 08th MS Team. Now that I've updated my catalog's top-level listings, name spellings, etc, I'll be going through and updating the specs content and I'll use some of this data there.

I've wrestled the data into a whopping big list, but rather than paste the whole thing in here, let me mention some highlights I noticed in comparing the Sunrise data to the latest MS Encyclopedia.

First Gundam: The Sunrise list calls the Gundam's shield "Gundam shield" (and lists it for the GM as well), and the Zaku's shoulder shield is the "Zaku shield". The Zaku shield and spike armor are listed for some other applicable machines in the spreadsheet too - the HIzack has a Zaku shield (but no spike armor?) and the Gouf has "spike armor x 2".

The Sunrise list is also very thorough about listing the locations of weapons. In addition to "shoulder cannons" and "finger vulcans", every head-mounted vulcan is listed as "head vulcan". I may follow suit in my next update.

In many cases, it also notes the episodes or situations where certain weapons appeared, or if they didn't appear at all. The Guncannon's spray missile launchers never appeared; the Gundam used the beam javelin, Gundam and hyper hammers, and heat-resistant film in the TV series, and the heat-resistant field in the movies; the Zaku I's Zaku bazooka and heat hawk never appear, and the Zaku machine gun only in the movies.

The list also breaks down weapons into "fixed" and "handheld". The distinction is sometimes a little arbitrary, and breaks down entirely in a couple of instances (the Gelgoog's shield and beam naginata are listed as "fixed"), but I think it's generally reasonable.

Char's Gelgoog is listed with the weight and thrust specs normally given for the MS-14B. Since that gives it exactly 30% more thrust than the standard Gelgoog, I can see the logic. Its weapons list includes a giant baz and sand pump, so I suspect they're conflating it with the Gelgoogs we see in ZZ.

Oops! I ran out of time - I have to head out to a meeting. More on this later.

-- Mark
Gelgoog Jager

I have a few of questions:

-Any caliber given for the Head Vulcans of the few Zaku types that have them?
-if the MS-14S has been given the specs of the MS-14B, what are the specs of the later now?
-Also, given that the MS-14A and MS-14S seem to be given different specs, does that mean we also have two different sets of specs for the MS-14B units: those converted from YMS-14 and later units most likely converted from MS-14A units?
-Speaking of Gelgoogs with backpacks, any mention on what specific model the ones from MS Igloo are or what kind of backpack they are using?
-The beam naginata being a fixed weapon makes sense if we assume that the naginata may be meant to be charging while stored. The shield on the other hand strikes me as weird, but I guess they probably meant it in the case of the Gelgoogs carrying it on their backs. I do wonder if this could alternatively mean that the shields are connected to the MS via a mechanical arm, which in turn could possibly allow it some degree of movement while in the back (MG 2.0 has something like that).
AmuroNT1

I have a feeling I already know the answer, but I must ask anyway to satisfy my curiousity: Do the Sunrise documents say anything about "phantom weapons" like the Bawoo's collar vulcans?

Also, since the Gelgoog's shield and naginata are listed as fixed, does the same apply to any handheld weapon that's equipped to a mounting/charge point by default?

Gelgoog Jager: Well, Mark said the list only goes up to 08th MS Team, so Igloo wouldn't be a part of it since it came out five years later.

toysdream

The Gundam's beam sabers are listed as "fixed", and I think that would apply to any melee weapon that has a built-in socket. For example, the Dom's heat saber is "fixed", but the Gouf's heat sword and the Gyan's beam saber are "handheld". Looking ahead to Zeta, the Hizack's beam saber is categorized as "fixed" but its heat hawk isn't (as far as I recall, it's clipped onto the missile pod contraption).

Calibers: Very few listed.

Mystery weapons: A few, which I'll get to shortly. One that caught my eye is that it says the Bawoo's beam sabers double as beam guns.

Gelgoogs: Since the list only covers anime, it doesn't include the MS-14B. However, the MS-14B is technically just a YMS-14 (or MS-14S) with a backpack, so if they have the same specs, this would imply that the MS-14B specs don't include the backpack either. This raises a whole bunch of new questions regarding things like the Gelgoog Cannon...

-- Mark
toysdream

Okay, let's work our way down the Sunrise specs list a bit further.

Zeta Gundam: This is where we start getting episode citations for guest weapons. The Sunrise list includes "ballute system" for everything that uses one in episodes 11 and 12, and "flying armor" for the Gundam Mk-II. The Rick Dias uses a beam rifle in episodes 8 and 12, and a torimochi launcher in episode 1. The Hyaku Shiki's beam rifle functions as a beam saber in episode 32 of ZZ. The Zeta Gundam uses a "wire shell launcher" in episode 47 and a hyper bazooka in episode 19 of ZZ. The Hizack uses a mega launcher in episode 27.

Somewhat randomly, the list notes that the Zeta Gundam has an atmospheric flight speed of Mach 1.5.

The Methuss's beam sabers, as previously discussed, are said to double as "heat hawks".

The Psycho Gundam's armament includes "barrier system" and "Minovsky craft", as well as "head beam cannon x 2" (versus "small mega beam cannon" in the MS Encyclopedia). The Psycho Gundam Mk-II has "Minovsky craft" and "head mega beam cannon x 2" (versus just "head beam cannon" in the MS Encyclopedia).

The Baund Doc's fixed armament consists of a "mega diffuse particle cannon" (versus "mega particle diffuse cannon" in the MS Encyclopedia), a beam saber (episode 42), arm claw, and leg claw x 2.

The O is listed with two hidden arms, two beam swords, and two beam sabers.

ZZ Gundam: More guest weapons. The ZZ uses package bombs in episode 22; the Zaku Mariner has a machine gun in episode 27.

The weapons list for the Full Armor ZZ specifically includes "arm 8-tube missile pod x 2", so I guess these really are both on the left arm. With the exception of the double beam rifle, all its weapons are fixed.

As in the MS Encyclopedia, the Gaza D's weapons include "shield (8-tube missile pod, missile launcher) x 2" - the MS Encyclopedia specifies that these are quadruple missile launchers. I guess this means the animation is correct, not the line art.

The Dreissen's beam tomahawk and beam lancer combine to form a "long beam tomahawk". The Gaz-R/L combines its hyper beam sabers to form a "beam naginata".

Both the Zaku III and the Zaku III Custom have front armor beam cannon / beam sabers. I note that, in the MS Encyclopedia, the latter are listed as "beam launcher / beam saber" - not sure if this is significant.

The Doven Wolf has either a "wired hand beam" or a "psycommu hand beam" (in Rakan's unit, which also has hidden arms).

The Galluss J, Zssa, R-Jarja, etc, are all as per the MS Encyclopedia - no belly cannon in the Zssa. The Bawoo's beam sabers double as beam guns.

The Zaku Mariner's equipment includes a magnet haken and "front leg hydrojet x 2". The Desert Zaku includes the jet skis. Both Dwadges have a "diffuse beam" and a giant baz with smoke discharger.

Char's Counterattack: Pretty much as per the MS Encyclopedia. The Nu Gundam has both a beam saber and a "long beam saber". The Re-GZ has "waist twin missile launcher x 2" and "arm twin missile launcher x 2", versus "twin grenade launcher x 4" in the MS Encyclopedia.

The Geara Doga's fixed weapons consist of "beam sword-axe (beam pick), shield, electromagnetic wire". Handheld weapons are "beam machine gun, shield (sturm faust x 4, grenade launcher x 4)".

The Jagd Doga's fixed weapons are "beam saber with bayonet, shoulder shield (triple missile launcher, funnel x 3) x 2". The MS Encyclopedia has this as "beam saber / heat knife, small missile x 6, funnel x 6". I feel like the "launcher" term is a better match for the Geara Doga specs...

Like the MS Encyclopedia, the Alpha Azieru has "head vulcan x 4, forehead large twin vulcan, mouth mega particle cannon, chest mega particle cannon, wired psycommu mega arm cannon x 2, funnel x 9", plus "sturm booster x 2". Unlike Zeta and ZZ, the CCA specs generally list funnels as "handheld" weapons.

-- Mark
balofo

Nice for the official name for the cables Kamille used on Haman. The O's beam sabers are BS.

I really doubt the FA ZZ has 2 arm missile launchers, the most recent specs must be the correct ones. Bawoo beam guns are BS unless it's noted on lineart/designer notes

The thing is some of these should be standard equipment while others are one time use or the staff taking liberties like the Shiki's Beam Bayonet

I saw an image on 2chan with lots mach speeds for Z stuff and the Messala had the biggest, I didn't save it because I thought it was easily available info.

*BTW EXA VS vol 3 comes with lineart for Supremacy Armor/Gear so they should be added. I'd also add the Zaku Desert Kai which was a new design for the manga which also has lineart.