MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Cmdr Harabec

Re: MS Catalog

As I have always suspected and assumed, the Mudrock's grenade launchers are located in the fo rearms, exactly as the Alex's gatlings are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaf28wYvmr4

This guy uses them a few times. They're quick firing, low damage/explosive last radius.
AmuroNT1

I guess I've got a "phantom weapon" for the list, whenever you get to ZZ...finally started watching that show, and in episode 18 when Beecha and Mondo hijack the Bawoo, they use what seem to be collar-mounted vulcans to shoot at Gottn. I have yet to find a single source that acknowledges their existence, but it's right there for all to see (time stamp: 13:45 per Daisuki.com). So I guess they'd go under "unconfirmed"?

EDIT: And while trying to find that topic with the model manual scans, I found that Mark had already addressed this exact weapon. -_- Just ignore this post and chalk it up to Daylight Savings Time messing with my head, please.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
toysdream

Right, big fat update with all the MSV and MS-X and MSV-R stuff, plus Gundam X. I'm trying out a new format to indicate mobile suits that I added to the MS Encylopedia listings...

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/mscatalog.html

I've double-listed some of the conflicting specs for the MSV series, and tried to standardize the weapon terminology between First Gundam, MSV, and the MSV-R series. A lot of the MSV-R stuff came out after the MS Encyclopedia, or was mysteriously omitted, or was newly published in the MSV-R compilation books; I've updated the names of some of them based on the book collections.

Not a whole lot of surprises in the Gundam X section. I listed the bonus weapons from the 1/100 kits as "unconfirmed" unless they were actually used in the anime. The Virsago's head vulcans may be mythical (they're not mentioned in the model kits), while the Ashtaron's shoulder machine cannons don't seem to be officially confirmed until the Hermit Crab version. Nobody seems to know what the heck the Septem's chest guns are.

Finally, I took out the separate highlight color for game variation weapons confirmed by the games themselves; I think it's served its purpose.

-- Mark
balofo

MS-X:
-Aren't you missing the Cracker for the Act Zaku?
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/ms-x/l ... racker.jpg

X:
-Model kit lists the extra Destroy weapon as Heat Ax, Twin beam cylinder x2, Wrist Beam Cannon and Head Beam Cannon. Separate Missile Pod is also standard weaponry.
-The 1/100 DX+G-Falcon has 2 energy packs on the G-Falcon for TSC use without the moon.
-GX-Bit has 2 Breast Vulcans
-GT-Bit has: Breast Vulcan x2, Breast Gatling x2, Inner Arm Gatling x1 and Hornet Missile x2
-GW-Bit has: Breast Vulcan x1, Buster Rifle x2 and 2 Nose Vulcans in MA form(never seen lineart or scratchbuild but looks legit)
-G-BIT (D.O.M.E): is problematic since I have seen the cannon named as: Large Cannon, Beam Bazooka and Satellite Beam Cannon.
- DAUGHTAPP UNDERWATER TYPE has 4-tube torpedo launchers
-DAUGHTRESS: you should list Beam Saber(seen used by the New EF) and Bazooka(appears in the anime and has lineart)
-DAUGHTRESS HIGH MOBILITY FIRE WALLABY: multi-barreled rocket launcher that you list appears in the anime but where did you get the name, lineart? Also I speculate this line's beam saber are stored in front side skirts as those square details.
-Daughseats: isn't variable pitch hyper screw x 2 just used for movement underwater? Also it has telescopic claws, no idea for official name.
-Virsago: indeed I only learned of the Head Vulcans a short time ago but I can't identify their location and they're never used onscreen. strike shooter x 2 is used in the anime. Chest Break only has the reflectors, the SC is equipped on the Ashtaron HC
-GUNDAM ASHTARON: the machine cannon x 2 are used onscreen in the base form as is the extra Beam Spear weapon, add them.
-RASVEHT: it only uses one Beam Saber onscreen and I've never seen lineart for it, debatable? SRWZ animation implies it stored somewhere in the waist/chest armor
-Pyron: uses this bipod-mounted heavy machine gun(重機関砲). A Pyron also uses a X-Grenader in the anime :)
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010 ... inegun.jpg
-Jenice: I see you mentioned the Beam Saber on the 100mm machinegun, have you found the lineart source of the claim? Should also include the Shield(lineart thanks to bilbros)
http://imgur.com/nKbdWxE
-Jenice Slash Bufallo: should be the only one with the Heat Saber listed
-Septem: looks like no lineart or listing outright says what's the chest weapon but it's referenced as Vulcan in the anime. Bazooka is named Giant Bazooka(4 round in the magazine plus 1 in the chamber).
-Aren't you going to list both OCTAPE(100mm machinegun only) and Septem Kai, ground versions that appear in the anime?
-Crouda uses a normal beam saber onscreen and I've seen this weapon listed. Kinda bogus, though
-Febral: G Gen F is a pretty reliable source for obscure weapons and I believe you should list the hand beam sabers and the chest machine cannons.
-Grandeene's main cannon sure has a strange name(長距離荷粒子光弾砲), mahq has Long-Range Photon Particle Launcher Cannon. Which one is the best translation?
-Esperanza: original lineart notes have Gunpod instead of the Machine Cannon we see listed everywhere.
http://imgur.com/kveDNM8

We really should do a Gundam General Ship and vehicles armament research, the X ones are pretty obscure like the Freeden II.

**So what we tackle next??
AmuroNT1

AFAIK, the Daughtress' bazooka is actually the 550mm cannon wielded by the Daughtress Weapon. At least that's how the old Limited Model release depicted it.

Virsago's head vulcans only appear in a couple of video games, like Another Century's Episode 3 and a couple of the Super Robot Wars games. They appear to come from the head like normal, but the lineart doesn't show any gun barrels, just those forehead ridges that machines like Wing Zero have.

Ashtaron's model weapon always bugged me; the official name seems to be "beam spear" but it's more like a crossbow-shaped beam rifle whose arms are heat blades. It actually appears in A.C.E.3, but there they call it "lancer" (ランサー) and the attack is just Ashtaron throwing it like a javelin rather than firing the rifle.

In the past I really wanted to do a lineart edit of the original Juracg (as depicted in G Generation), but could never find any other SRA lineart that could be used to erase the cold-weather wrappings around the joints.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:AFAIK, the Daughtress' bazooka is actually the 550mm cannon wielded by the Daughtress Weapon. At least that's how the old Limited Model release depicted it.

Virsago's head vulcans only appear in a couple of video games, like Another Century's Episode 3 and a couple of the Super Robot Wars games. They appear to come from the head like normal, but the lineart doesn't show any gun barrels, just those forehead ridges that machines like Wing Zero have.

Ashtaron's model weapon always bugged me; the official name seems to be "beam spear" but it's more like a crossbow-shaped beam rifle whose arms are heat blades. It actually appears in A.C.E.3, but there they call it "lancer" (ランサー) and the attack is just Ashtaron throwing it like a javelin rather than firing the rifle.

In the past I really wanted to do a lineart edit of the original Juracg (as depicted in G Generation), but could never find any other SRA lineart that could be used to erase the cold-weather wrappings around the joints.
-Daughtress' Bazooka is completely different from the Daughtress Weapon's Cannon, see for yourself in the lineart:
http://imgur.com/SY4LDHM ->>>Daughtress Weapon back lineart
http://imgur.com/0Foc0Zv ->>> Daughtress' Bazooka

-Beam Spear is what's written next to it in the Gundam X Official MS Catalog. In the anime it fires beam from the barrel with the heat blades open, it's also thrown when the heat blades turn orange and close forming a spear.

-Also have the Ashtaron's Beam Saber and Beam Saber Rack lineart which I believe MANY have never seen.

http://imgur.com/0nRkbW7
Massignifico

Don't know if Battle series games are considered in this listing, but I'm gonna contributing some unlisted weapons, maybe someone is interested:

U.C. 0079

RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam: Gundam Hammer
RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3": Beam Javelin
RX-78-4 & 5: the standard Hyper Bazooka
RX-78-6 Gundam Mudrock: RX-79[G] Beam Rifle
RX-79BD-1 GM Blue Destiny Unit 1: RX-79[G] Beam Rifle
RX-77-2 Guncannon: grenades are named Fire Nuts
RGM-79[G] GM Ground Type: Net Gun
RGM-79[E] GM Precession Type: RGM-79C (or RX-178) bazooka
RGM-79G GM Command: uses RGM-79D machine gun with grenade launcher that can launch normal grenades and Smoke Bomb
RGC-80 GM Cannon: bullpup machine gun
RGC-80 GM Cannon (White Dingo): Beam spray gun, standard Hyper Bazooka
G-BULL: 2 x Beam Rifle
MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type (Standard colors): Foot missile launchers
MS-06R-1A Zaku II High Mobility Type: Sturm Faust (Shin Matsunaga), Hand Grenades (different from cracker, Black Tri Star)
MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type: Giant Bazooka (all R2), Sturm Faust (Johnny Ridden), Cracker (Robert Gilliam), Stun Grenade (Gabby Hazzard)
MS-06R-2P Zaku II High Mobility Test Type: Zaku Machine Gun, Giant Bazooka, Beam Rifle, Sturm Faust, Heat Hawk
MS-11 Act Zaku: Zaku Bazooka
MS-06K Zaku Cannon: Zaku Machine Gun, Smoke Bomb
MS-06K Zaku Cannon (EFF): Zaku Machine Gun, Smoke Bomb, Missile Launcher (like the MS-06D one, instead of Big Guns)
MS-06F Zaku II (Doan): Middle Rock, Fire Rock, Thunder Rock, Small Rock... XD
MS-06F Zaku Minelayer: Atomic Mine, Cracker, Napalm Mine, EM Mine, Bomb Punch
MSM-04N Agguguy: Flash (by spinning the Heat Rods)
MSM-08 Zogok: Abdomen blades are named Wide Cutter
MS-09RII Rick Dom II: Smoke Bomb (launched by MMP-80, Colony Attack colors), Zaku Machine Gun
MS-14 Gelgoog: Zaku Machine Gun, Hand Grenade, Grenade Launcher (in forearm, Gato custom), Giant Bazooka (Gato custom)
MS-14S Gelgoog Commander Type: MS-14Jg Beam Machine Gun (Standard colors), Hand Grenade (Both standard and Char custom), Giant Bazooka (Char custom)
MS-14B Gelgoog High Mobility type: Rocket Launcher, Rapid Cannon (like Gelgoog Marine's machine cannons)
MS-14Jg Gelgoog Jager: Rapid Cannon, Beam Saber
MSN-02 Perfect Zeong: Sword (used in special attack)
Apsaras I: Minovsky Bomb
Apsaras II: Minovsky Bomb

Hand grenades of Zion MS resembles the ones of Zaku F2

U.C. 0083

RX-78GP01 Gundam "Zephyranthes": both normal and Full Vernian uses Blash XBR-L-83d experimental beam rifle and Bullpup Machine Gun
RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis": Beam Bazooka (same design as Atomic Bazooka, i remember that in Battle Universe Gato as enemy never used it in 0083 campaign)
RGM-79N GM Custom and RGM-79Q GM Quel: RGM-79C's Hyper Bazooka and RMS-179 Beam Rifle
MS-21C Dra-C: Sturm Faust
MS-06F2 and MS-14F uses MMP-80/90mm Ver.8 machine gun with Grenade Launchers

U.C. 0087

RX-178 Gundam Mark II: Shield Missile Launcher
RX-178+FXA-05D Super Gundam: Hyper Bazooka, Beam Saber emitted from the Long Beam Rifle barrel
GM II: Hyper Bazooka (RX-78-2 type)
MSA-003 Nemo: Clay Bazooka
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam: Shield Missile Launcher (but only Zeta Zaku uses it)
MSA-005 Methuss: Arm Missile (both arms)
RMS-106CS Hizack Custom: Missile pods like standard Hizack
RMS-108 Marasai: Feyadeen Rifle
NRX-044 Asshimar: Hand Grenade (standard colors, like F2 one) Arm grenade (Green Divers colors)
ORX-005 Gaplant: Beam Sabers emitted from the Beam Rifles barrels

From tv series I noticed tath Hambrabi uses Marasai Beam Rifle in the episode where they uses Marasai decoys, there are also missiles fired by the Waverider

U.C. 0088

Cattle: Napalm Cannon
AMX-009 Dreissen: for some reson uses RX-178 Beam Rifle
AMX-107 Bawoo: the Glemy one uses backpack for remote ramming attacks just like Justice Gundam
MS-09H Dwadge Reinforcement Type: double Sturm Faust
MS-06D Desert Zaku: Arm missile launcher that can fire missiles and Net Rocket (standard), Beam Rifle and Sand Bomb (Blue team)
MS-14 Gelgoog: Blue team replica uses Sand Bomb and Dwadge Bazooka (it's never listed in Gelgoog armaments), Masai unit uses Mine scatter and Sand Machine
AMX-109 Capule: laser beam eye is Beam Launcher here

U.C. 0093

RX-93 v Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type: uses custom Beam Rifle and Shield like in the lineart but retains Long Beam Saber, uses the Hyper Bazooka too
FA-93HWS v Gundam Heavy Weapons Type: shield barrels are missile launchers
RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam: Machine Gun in right arm, Hyper Bazooka

EXTRA

MSZ-006C1 Z plus: Beam Saber emitted by Beam Smart Gun
MSZ-006C1/2 Z plus: this variant has High Mega Cannon, Battle series esclusive?
RMS-141 Xeku-Eins: Smoke Bomb

SEED

GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam: Bazooka, same as standard Strike
GAT-X102 Duel Gundam (Assault Shroud): uses the Hyper Bazooka
YMF-01B Proto GINN/ZGMT-01 GINN Trainer: MMI-M8A3 76mm heavy assault machine gun, M68 "Cattus" 500mm recoilless rifle, 2 x M68 "Pardus", MA-M3 heavy sword
TMF/A-803 LaGOWE: Sand Bomb

MSJ-06II-E Tieren Space Type: Gel Gun
MSJ-06II-SP Tieren Taozi: Carbon Net (works more like Sword Strike anchor)
AEU-05 AEU Hellion (AEU-05/05 AEU Hellion Perpetuum): Missile launcher from Terrorist custom, leg missiles
AEU-09 AEU Enact: leg missiles
AEU-09T AEU Enact Commander Type: Chaff Flare
AEU-MA07013 Agrissa Type 13: Plasma Cannon
VMS-15 Union Realdo: shoulder missiles?
SVMS-01 Union Flag: leg missiles
SVMS-01X Union Flag Custom II (aka GN Flag): the overflag linear rifle, arm defense rod (this from G Generation games)
GNMS-XCVII Alvaaron: GN Wing Beam (this weapon doesn't uses the beam rifles at all)
GNX-603T GN-X: for some reason here GN Vulcans are solid weapons
Last edited by Massignifico on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
toysdream

A couple replies and updates...

Act Zaku: Not sure I've seen the crackers listed in the specs before, not even in the Zeonography toy which actually included them. I've put them as "unconfirmed" for now.

Leopard Destroy: "Gun" and "cannon" are both equally legit translations for 砲. Likewise, "axe" versus "ax" is purely cosmetic. "Twin beam cylinder" already implies there are two of them, so I listed this without the "x 2", just as it appears in the MS Encyclopedia.

Bit Mobile Suits: Have any Japanese publications provided armament lists for the GT and GW, or confirmed that both openings in the GX-Bit's chest are vulcans?

G-BIT DOME: Both the MS Encyclopedia and the original model sheet say it has a satellite cannon. The weapon might function in multiple modes though.

Daughtress: I've listed the bazooka as "unconfirmed" for now since it's never been included in published specs.

Fire Wallaby: Multi-barreled rocket launcher is as per official Gundam X web site.

Daughseats: The propulsion systems are normally included in the armament list in published specs, go figure. Ditto for the Juracg's sledge. Incidentally, the Daughseat is normally said to have four torpedo launchers, but it sure looks like that should be four per arm - ditto for the underwater Daughtapp.

Virsago: Moved the strike shooters to the main armament list since they're apparently used in animation, not just model kit bonus gimmick.

Ashtaron: Ditto for the beam spear (name as per Gundam War cards, etc). The handful of sources that mention the shoulder machine cannons specifically say that they're not officially recognized until the Hermit Crab, and nobody ever includes them in the specs, so "unconfirmed" they'll remain.

Rasveht: MS Encyclopedia says two beam sabers, so I'll leave that for now.

Jenice: Yep, beam saber attachment is noted in the line art. Line art also says the beam rifle can be used as a saber, but I dunno if this was ever done in the anime. As for the shield, was it ever used in the anime?

Slash Buffalo: Most of the Japanese sources list the heat saber as a standard item of Jenice armament. I guess the Slash Buffalo's just the only one we see actually using it.

Septem: Dialogue references are often a bit colloquial, and don't always reflect the official names. Pretty much every other SRA machine with chest-mounted guns labels them as "machine cannons" rather than "vulcans", and the Septem's are even more huge.

Septem and Octape Custom: Added. The MS Encyclopedia lists only the Octape Gritz Custom, not a generic Octape Custom (I guess because there's no model sheet art for the generic type).

Febral: I'll put the chest machine cannons in as "unconfirmed". Are the beam sabers just an alternate mode for the finger cannons?

Grandeene: Wait, you're asking me which is the best translation - the one I did, or the one somebody else put up on MAHQ? Obviously I'm going to say mine!

Esperansa: A "gun pod" is a technically a weapon unit that contains a machine gun of one kind or another. So the actual weapons are presumably machine cannons, as listed in the usual specs.

And thanks to Massignifico for all that research! I kinda feel like the main reference point for First Gundam and MSV machines should be the original works - I'm mostly consulting the games as a source for info on game-original designs. But let me think about that.

Regarding the Zogok, some sources say the abdomen has wide cutter blades, some say that "wide cutter" is an alternate name for the boomerangs in its head, and some say that it doesn't have any belly blades at all. That's why I put the wide cutters down as "unconfirmed."

-- Mark
balofo

Mark, could you please take a picture of the lineart that shows the Jenice's 100mm machinegun/beam rifle beam saber mode? I really want to see it :)

Also where is it from? Have you ever seen lineart for the Beam Saber of the Daughtress series?

The Jenice shield is used in the manga and the Febral beam sabers are emitted from the hand beam gun's barrels.
AmuroNT1

Been a while, hasn't it? Well, I was thinking about some depictions of Gundam in video games and wanted to make a quick note.

MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III: It seems generally agreed upon that the beam sabers' storage location is on the shield - not inside, but outside and near the front end. Super Robot Wars tends to have them double as beam guns (which kind of makes sense seeing as they look to be the same design as the Zeta's sabers), but more interesting is how Capsule Fighter Online shows it using the sabers while they're still mounted on the shield.

Wingnut

AmuroNT1 wrote:MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III: It seems generally agreed upon that the beam sabers' storage location is on the shield - not inside, but outside and near the front end. Super Robot Wars tends to have them double as beam guns (which kind of makes sense seeing as they look to be the same design as the Zeta's sabers), but more interesting is how Capsule Fighter Online shows it using the sabers while they're still mounted on the shield.
Yep. I have that unit and it performs the four swing attack combo swinging the end of the shield around with sabers lit much like the GuAIZ beam claw on its shield.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
AmuroNT1

I also wanted to add, the 7-minute preview of Unicorn episode 7 clearly shows the Bawoo using those mysterious collar vulcans, only in MA Mode. Maybe UC's mecha stats will finally push these things out of the "unconfirmed" listing?

balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:I also wanted to add, the 7-minute preview of Unicorn episode 7 clearly shows the Bawoo using those mysterious collar vulcans, only in MA Mode. Maybe UC's mecha stats will finally push these things out of the "unconfirmed" listing?
That was an animation error, don't know if the new Bawoo(it must be a new model since it's old+Rebawoo parts) new chest vulcans are a nod to that or not. Rebawoo has beam vulcans on chest intakes(different location from the OVA one) and has machine cannons on the Nutter(unknown location but it must be the same as the OVA one).

BTW I'm willing to continue this topic, just waiting for Mark's heads up
toysdream

This month has been completely mad with freelance work. I'll get back to this in May!

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:This month has been completely mad with freelance work. I'll get back to this in May!

-- Mark
Cool, let's do Turn A next, lots of hidden and even never mentioned stuff.
balofo

Now with the new 1/100 line we already can expect detailed info for Nightingale, GP04 and MkIII. Hopefully they'll have HGUC level manuals and not the current lame MG ones
AmuroNT1

I do wonder if the RE/100 Nightingale will answer any questions about the myriad "extra weapons" it's granted in video games, like how it had two of Sazabi's spread beam cannon in Super Robot Wars Alpha 2, or how some games show it using the beam tomahawk despite the fact that (IIRC) the original used hidden hands because it was too bulky for normal combat.

balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:I do wonder if the RE/100 Nightingale will answer any questions about the myriad "extra weapons" it's granted in video games, like how it had two of Sazabi's spread beam cannon in Super Robot Wars Alpha 2, or how some games show it using the beam tomahawk despite the fact that (IIRC) the original used hidden hands because it was too bulky for normal combat.
I believe we all are praying the RE/100 line's manuals will be as good as the HGUC ones :)

BTW the RE/100 Nightingale appears to have the Beam Tomahawk storage on the shield(though it hasn't been shown yet) and 3 missiles on its tip are already confirmed. No signs of the sub arms though. So the only unconfirmed stuff are the 2x chest MPCs that it has in SRWA2 and if it has the subarms with beam sabers.
balofo

Model listings just confirmed Beam Tomahawk for RE/100 Nightingale. No mention of subarms or other handheld weaponry :(
AmuroNT1

Just looked at some of the solicitations for the MG Hi-Nu Gundam Ver.Ka and noticed that Katoki added the original Nu's missiles and beam cannon into its shield, which puts it in line with depictions from games like Super Robot Wars.

EDIT: I know it's been a while, but I didn't want to double post. We finally have visual proof that the HWS add-on they're making for the Ver.Ka Hi-Nu Gundam is in fact the same armor as seen with the original Nu Gundam, just reworked for the Hi-Nu.

http://bit.ly/1kBuzCR

Additionally, to correct my earlier profile for the Extreme Gundam II Vs., what I referred to as a "large beam saber" is actually called a "blade bit" in-game by Leos himself, and the Extreme has two which can combine into a double-ended sword like 00 Gundam's GN Sword IIs. They can also be thrown, dock with the valiant rifle to power up its shots, or fire a large beam (in imitation of the Last Shooting) - quite the Swiss Army Weapon!