MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: MS Catalog

00 Movie:

-GUNDAM DYNAMES REPAIR also has its 2 old GN Beam Sabers(different location) and the now clear GN Full Shield. It obviously retains the front waist and knee GN Missile Launchers. No GN Pistols seen on lineart/onscreen but the hardpoint is there anyway.
-Zabanaya should have the GN pistol bit/GN rifle bit II x 10 like this listed since they are the same just with/without barrel. It actually has many GN Missile Pods(20 x 3-Tube Missile Pods and 4 x 4-Tube Missile Pods)
-Harute Final Battle additional leg equip is called GN Vernier Unit. Trivia: it was supposed to be called Harute Gust but the higher ups didn't let the name become official.
-00 RAISER (PARTICLE TANK TYPE) same as the previsouly noted, without GN Vulcans
-00 Qanta should have GN Beam Gun(on the GN Shield) and also GN Buster Sword and GN Buster Rifle combinations.
-Raphael should just have GN beam rifle and GN big cannon (GN claw) x 2. Seravee II has GN bazooka x 2 and GN Beam Saber x 2.
-UNION FLAG CELESTIAL BEING TYPE has: 2 x 120mm Short Linear Rifle, 2 x 60mm Built-in Linear Cannons, Sonic Blade(Plasma Sword) x2, Linear Spear x2(in Leg Claw in MA mode), GN Sword II Kai , 8x Smoke Discharger and 20mm machinegun.
-GN-X IV Commander and grunt have interchangeable equipment. GN Buster Sword is only seen in Andrei's one and the 2x NGN Bazookas are only seen as a type of grunt equipment. It also retains the head GN Vulcans along the larger waist ones. You should also list the GN Short Beam Rifle and GN Long Beam Rifle like this.
-BRAVEs rifle is actually named Drake Howling, also list the Tri Punisher. The waist binders double as GN Defense Rods and also house a small GN Cutter/wing for atmospheric flight.
-Gaga Cannon retains the 2 GN Vulcans plus gets 2 GN Cannons(actually cut GN-X rifles). Lineart shows it also gets leg beam sabers, the problem is I've never seen them listed anywhere plus the lineart erased the designers notes, but those are indeed GN Beam Saber emmiters since they can't be GN Verniers.
-Gadelaza large cannon is called GN Blaster.
-OVER FLAG ORBIT PACKAGE has now 2 Defense Rods plus 2 Sub Linear Rifles, rest is the same as standard Overflag.
-Realdo Hovertank DOUBLE BARREL has 2x back Linear Cannos, 20mm machinegun and 2 interchangeable hand options: 2x 100mm Galing Gun or 2x 60mm Machine Gun Pod
-For the movie please list the following in EFF color version: Realdo OP, Hellion OP, Flag OP, Enact OP, Tieren Space Type. Also list GNX-609T GN-X III COLONY PUBLIC CORPORATION TYPE(standard armament just using short rifle) and MAJ-S08 Xiaoshou(has a 80mm x 50 Smoothbore Gun).

Sidestories later
toysdream

I've made another round of corrections and updates to the 00 listings. This doesn't cover everything balofo's been listing, but I've checked a lot of things and - helpfully, I think - added a separate item for "unconfirmed" weapons, where we can list things that have just a single source, or have been mentioned in profile text but never included in published specs. This will come in very handy, I think, when I eventually get back to the UC specs.

In the order they appear in the catalog, some followup notes...

GN Arms: I've listed the claws as "unconfirmed". I don't think I've seen these listed as "GN claws" anywhere.

Dynames: Ultra-high altitude gun is "unconfirmed".

Kyrios: Nose vulcans are unconfirmed. Tail booster and hand missile unit are listed here too, because they've never been included in published specs. Some sources describe the original tail unit as a "GN missile container," which is nice because that's what they call the unit on the Harute as well.

Nadleeh: GN cannons added to weapon list. Ditto for the Seraphim and the GN bazooka II.

Virtue: GN field listed as "unconfirmed" since they've never included it in published specs. Silly, I know, but that's the guideline I'm going with.

Throne Drei: According to the kit manual, the GN shield pod can include GN missiles, spare beam sabers, accessories for the other Thrones... seems like too much randomness to list.

Alvaaron and Alvatore: Alvaaron cannon, beam rifles, and GN field all listed as "unconfirmed" since they've never been included in published specs. I think I should list the claw arms, but I'm not sure what their official name is. (Same issue as the GN Arms, really.)

Union Flag: I've gone with a vague "missiles" to cover all the leg bays and wing hardpoints. This is how it's generally phrased in the Japanese specs, too. Incidentally, do we have any actual confirmation that the Union and AEU machines carry blades in both forearms?

GN Flag: I opted for "GN beam saber, etc" since, aside from all the defense rods, we have no idea what other weapons it retains.

Union Realdo: 20mm machine gun, missiles, and rocket launchers all listed as "unconfirmed" since it obviously has them but they've never been listed in the specs.

Realdo Hovertank: Likewise, 20mm machine gun and shoulder rocket launchers are "unconfirmed."

AEU Hellion: Finally found the 20mm machine gun in the line art! See under Enact for a discussion of its missiles. I've retained the MS Encyclopedia's armament listings for all the variants.

AEU Enact: After consulting the kit manuals and the Mechanics 1st book, it appears that the Enact only carries missiles in its legs - it doesn't appear to have wing hardpoints like the Union machines, and these are never mentioned in text descriptions either. (The drop tanks on the Hellion Bomber Type are the only exception.) The kit manual actually lists these as "leg weapon bays", noting that they're also used for extra fuel and whatnot, but most sources call them "leg missiles" so I've stuck with that phrasing. Likewise, the Mechanics 1st book says the Hellion's leg bays are sometimes used for large carbon daggers, etc, instead of missiles, so technically the Hellion would also have "leg weapon bays" as well.

Al-Saachez's Enact Custom: I've stuck with "leg and forearm weapon bays" as per the kit manual, and also noted the grenades and carbon daggers since these are the most commonly-cited contents.

Agrissa: Turns out the field generators are in the legs, so I can count them as with the Type 7.

Tieren: 550mm bazooka is listed as "unconfirmed." Ditto for the capture gear used by the space type.

Shuichai: I'd love to find some printed documentation on this guy - I'm reluctant to just speculate...

Exia Repair: Remaining GN vulcan is "unconfirmed."

Cherudim: Added the extra beam pistols. Good catch!

Arios: Listed GN beam shield x 2, and corrected the GNHW/M weapons. As per the kit manual, the two GN vulcans originally installed in the shoulders for flight form use only have been moved to the handheld GN cannon.

Seravee: Listed GN bazooka II x 2 - it does seem like the single weapons are each considered an individual bazooka. GN field is "unconfirmed."

00 Gundam: Two GN sword IIs, and GN sword III option for 00-Raiser.

GN-X III: Added GN beam rifle, as per the kit manuals.

Ahead Smultron: Noted the extra GN beam vulcan in the shield.

Masurao and Susanowo: The situation with the chest and head weapons is indeed weird. The Masurao kit manual lists "laser machine guns" in the head and doesn't mention GN vulcans; other sources say it has vulcans but don't say where; nobody lists any of these for the Susanowo; and the Brave has 30mm machine guns in its chest. GO figure.

Garazzo: I think the best way of putting this is that there's a beam saber in each finger, and together the fingers of each hand function as a single beam claw. So I've listed this as "GN beam claw x 2 (GN beam saber x 10)."

Empruss: I'll do some more research on this - I'd like to find some printed sources for all the extra weapons.

Trilobite: I've listed all the extra weapons cited in Mechanics 2nd.

Reborns Gundam: Corrected number of small GN fangs.

Tieren All Region Type: I guess I should add this at some point.

Realdo and Enact Orbit Package: Unconfirmed 20mm machine gun and rocket launchers for each, which includes both leg pods and the Realdo's mythical shoulder rockets.

Dynames Repair: Currently just "sniper rifle, etc" - any other info would go under "unconfirmed." Did they really find a new spot for the beam sabers?

Zabanya: Changed this to read "GN rifle bit II x 10 (GN pistol bit x 10)" and likewise for the Final Battle version.

00-Raiser Particle Tank Type: They took out the GN vulcans? They still seem to be listed in all the published specs, but that could be force of habit.

00 Qan[T]: What the heck, I added the beam gun and buster sword. :-)

Raphael: All the printed sources list the GN bazookas as Raphael weapons, so I'll go with that. Do we have a printed source for the Seravee II's beam sabers?

Union Flag CB Type: Whew! Seems easier just to stick with "GN sword II kai, etc". Presumably it has all the stuff from the Colony Guard Type, but that's technically still speculation.

GN-X IV: Are we sure it still has the head vulcans?

Brave: I've currently listed all the stuff in the Mechanics Final specs - the Tri-Punisher and cutters and stuff would go under "unconfirmed." Man, the Brave's armament list is just ridiculous.

Gadelaza: Now "GN blaster." (It's not like anything else from the MS Encyclopedia specs was worth keeping.)

Over Flag Orbit Package: As per Mechanics Final.

Realdo Hovertank Double Barrel: Now with a bunch of "unconfirmed" weapons mentioned in the profile text.

ESF Color versions: I'm generally not listing all the different color versions - it just gets ridiculous over the course of the entire catalog. I included a couple of the Katharon color ones because they hadn't previously shown up, but most of the ones in the movies are just recolors, and I really feel like it's a waste of my time to catalog all of them. Then I'd have to do Waltfeld's Gaia Gundam and the Federation-colors Recon Type and so on and so forth...

Whew! Well, this has been quite a chore. Thanks to balofo for the heroic checking, and I think the result so far - while still far from perfect or comprehensive - is at least a vast improvement over the MS Enyclopedia's specs listings. :-)

-- Mark
balofo

-Funny how Arios GNHW/M is seen firing it's old MA mode vulcans in the anime and it's still there according to the lineart, also note the MA lineart for the GNHW/M version doesn't have the nose Beam Rifle :)
-You can see Dynames Repair Beam Sabers clearly in the lineart.
-The Empruss uses the vulcans and upward beam cannons onscreen during the battle it's destroyed by 00 Raiser.
-Why the hell don't Setsuna's Flag and Dynames Flag have color lineart to this day?!? I mean those strange GINN variations from Astray R got :)

For the rest I'll provide the scans when I redownload again ALL my scans... 2nd HD crash in a few months :(

Man, I love researching MS armaments!

Hey Mark let's do Game Original Units next! I have lots of things to discuss
AmuroNT1

I'm pretty sure Dynames Repair is simply a case of recycled artwork; Mechanics Final quite explicitly says "The GN beam sabers were omitted to use the space as a rifle mount." (GNビームサーベルはオミットされ、ライフルのマウントとして使用される。)

Game original units? Sounds like fun. :)
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
toysdream

Made another round of minor tweaks, and rechecked all the variations stuff (00P, 00F, 00V, etc). A couple notes:

The Tierens with built-in carbon blades on their smoothbore guns are now noted with "(carbon blade)" in parentheses. I'll be using that as a standard format for all bayonet-style rifle attachments, including grenade launchers, beam sabers, GN vulcans, etc.

I added the GN vulcans of the Arios GNHW/M back in. Probably the cannon's built-in vulcans just weren't listed separately.

I added the Empruss's beam guns and anti-ship swords, since these are at least mentioned in Mechanics 2nd.

Yep, the Dynames Repair does have beam sabers in a new location - I just wasn't looking hard enough (and neither were the Mechanics Final writers)!

The Astraea appears to have GN vulcans in the same place as the Exia - these are called out in one of the kit manuals, but not included in the specs list, hence "unconfirmed."

The Astraea Full Weapon includes a "GN hand missile" unit - the same one used by the Kyrios in the anime. This is actually the first place it's been formally named, as every other reference called it a "missile launcher" or "hand missile unit," so that just goes to show it's hard to guess the official names for these things. :-)

The Tieren Kyitwo's second 30mm machine gun is a turret-mounted type, referred to as a "30mm chain gun" in the specs of the Tieren Zhizhu, but just as a "30mm machine gun" in the Anf specs.

I suspect that "GN field" in the GRM Gundam specs is a typo, both in the original profile and the MS encyclopedia, since the captions in the original profile talk about a "GN shield" instead. It sounds like the GRM's GN shield has a GN field generator built in, but that seems like a secondary issue, and as we've seen they're really sloppy about specifying which machines have GN fields anyway.

The back-mounted weapons on the Raphael and Raphael Dominions are clearly minor variants of the GN bazooka II, but the printed specs always just call them "GN bazooka", so I've stuck with that.

Whew! I think that's it for the 00 series. I was originally planning to move either ahead to Gundam Age, or back to Gundam Seed, but if balofo is eager to dig into the game originals then I'd be a fool to refuse. :-)

-- Mark
balofo

Ok here we go: GAME ORIGINALS(by MS Catalog order and using its armament list as base, won't bother listing things that are already on mahq and have fine specs):

-Efreet: the classic case where Vulcans can obviously seen in the head but aren't listed EVER! Vulcans also aren't in any of the following Efreet variations nor is it used in the Snes game... The Shotgun is a 42mm 00buckshot. List: 2 Head Vulcans, 2 Heat Sabers, 1 42mm Shotgun and 4 Smoke Dischargers(where exactly are they anyway?)
-BD units: the chest missiles are Wired as per HGUC(here called Abdominal Wired Control Missile) and depicted as so in EXVS. Mark were these missiles always supposed to rely on the EXAM System for added accuracy? Chest Vulcan Guns are 60mm as per HGUC, no data on the head ones but they must be also 60mm(EFF standard).
-Efreet Custom sometimes comes with Homing Missiles listed in addition to the Missile Pods, I guess this means they are just saying the leg ones are Homing due to EXAM or optional armament for the leg pods.
-GM Sniper II WD should uses the current mahq list(with vulcan pod) plus the shield is called Mid Shield(RD). GM WD should get 100mm machine gun and Spike Shield, rest is standard.
-Armored GM has just 1 Beam Saber according to the lineart(left shoulder) but the Catalog lists 2. It also mentions a Shield. Mark you seem erratic listing shields for MS, decide yourself :)
-Mudrock has listed a Shield in the Catalog, mahq list a primer based rifle(?) and 2 kinds of Beam Rifle.
-Gundam Unit 4 and 5's Vulcans are 60mm, the rest is correct in the Catalog
-MATSUNAGA'S GELGOOG JÄGER are you going to include a Beam Saber? There's also the Beam Spot Gun thing, I believe they are Machine Cannons in the game.
-7th Gundam should have: 2 60mm Vulcan, beam saber x 2, beam rifle x 1, hyper bazooka x 1, shield x 1. The Katoki lineart doesn't show any optional equipment on the arms, also the 100mm machine gun is just an weapon option in the game(unless it uses it on the manga). Mark do you know anything about why its Beam Rifle is supposed to have a Charge Shot feature as in G Gen World. Anything on the manual? http://dalong.net/review/hg/h98/p/h98_m0003.JPG
-FA 7th Gundam should have(perg HGUC): 2 60mm Vulcan, beam saber x 2, beam rifle x 1, hyper bazooka x 1, shield x 1, grenade launcher x 2(I believe this is the one shown in the lineart), Back Long Distance Beam cannon x 1, Arm Beam Gun(op), 2 Barrel Arm Beam Gun(op), Micromissile(Where? or just the kind of missile it uses/can use on the pods?), 3 Tube Missile Pod(Back Pod opposite to Beam Cannon?), 2x 4 Tube Missile Pod(legs?).
-Heavy FA 7th Gundam should have: 2 60mm Vulcan, beam saber x 2, beam rifle x 1, hyper bazooka x 1, shield x 1, grenade launcher x 2(I believe this is the one shown in the lineart), Mega Beam cannon x 1, 2x Waist Beam Cannon, Arm Beam Gun(op), 2 Barrel Arm Beam Gun(op),2x 3 Tube Missile Pod(front shoulder armor), 4 Tube Missile Pod(legs?), 2 x 8 Tube MicroMissile Pod(booster).
-Efreet Nacht should have: cold kunai x 4, 3-barrel gatling gun x 2, cold blade x 1.
-G-Line variants: I think you recently covered them in another topic. Usual 2 60mm Vulcan, beam saber x 2, beam rifle x 1(some say the Light has a Sniper Beam Rifle), shield x 1 for the base Standard and Light Armor. Options:Gatling Smasher, Missile Launcher Assault Cannon. Assault standard is 2 60mm Vulcan, beam saber x 2, heat lance x1, shotgun x1, assault shield x1; options are the same as the others.

That's it for now. I'm really interested in the G Gen ones and so I need to redownload the pack containing all those Gundam Ace pages on Game's MSVs
Last edited by balofo on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toysdream

Give me a chance to log all the MS Encyclopedia specs and check them against my own notes - I'll check against your notes while I'm at it, too. :-)

-- Mark
AmuroNT1

The Mudrock's solid-shot rifle is one of the guns it can wield in Zeonic Front; visually it seems to be built off of the EFF standard 90mm bullpup gun, but the configuration hasn't popped up anywhere else as far as I know. Interestingly, the Zeon 90mm assault rifle and heavy shield originated in the MS Era artbook.

The Gundam Belphagor is actually quite an interesting case. It has a large number of weapons, but seems to lose them as the G Gen series goes on. This nice detail lineart comes from Junya Ishigaki's artbook "Robo no Ishi" and shows just about everything it has: http://imageshack.com/a/img208/4484/hlew.png
-The strike claws mount claw beam cannons (never listed as a separate weapon, but appear during its "Limiter Release" attack) and high-output beam swords).
-Not sure if the knee-mounted atomic scissors have scissors beam guns like Ashtaron, because the lineart doesn't show any and they've never been used in G Gen to date.
-The wrists mount a multitude of anti-bit heat wires; these have only shown up in G Generation F.
-Each hip armor stores a standard beam saber, but these never get used; heck, I didn't know they existed until I saw this picture!
-The sonic smash cannon I've seen variously listed as "double" or "triple". However, since Ishigaki's lineart shows three cannon barrels (one in each pectoral and one in the belly) I'd go with triple.
So the complete weapons list, at least per my own reconning, is: strike claw (claw beam cannon/high-output beam sword) x 2, atomic scissors x 2, anti-bit heat wire x many, beam saber x 2, triple sonic smash cannon

Anyway, on to Extreme Vs., since that's kinda my thing. :) While we have nice complete lists for the Type-Leos, the original is a little less fleshed out. The base form got an HG model, and Carnage Phase was featured in Gundam Ace's Game's MSV #99, but for the other three forms things are more vague. I'm just gonna note that the names for Tachyon, Ignis, and Mystic are (for the most part) assumptions because I've never seen any kind of official listing.

Extreme Gundam (original): beam rifle, beam saber x 2, shield
Extreme Gundam Carnage Phase: large 2-barrel cannon (special high-energy cannon) x 2, 5-finger flame launcher x 2, extreme rifle, 3-tube chest-mounted fireball cannon x 2 (source: http://bit.ly/1bpYwrR)
Extreme Gundam Tachyon Phase: tachyon slicer (Attacks: Depth Charge Sphere, Tachyon Slicer Overlimit, Extreme Full-Power Dash)
Extreme Gundam Ignis Phase: hand beam launcher x 2, small funnel x many, large funnel x many
Extreme Gundam Mystic Phase: beam bow, dual lance, beam vulcans, funnel missiles x many (Attack: Moonlight Butterfly)

As for the Type-Leos, I want to note that in-game, each of its forms has an Extreme Evolution form which gains additional weapons and abilities, but these never seem to be included in official spec lists. I don't think these should be considered separate MS, but just to keep things clear I separated their weapon/attack lists.

Extreme Gundam Type-Leos (base form): variable gun, beam saber x 2, beam dagger x 2, shield (Attacks: Data Pressure)
Extreme Gundam Type-Leos Eclipse Face: variable psycho rifle x 2 (combine into cross buster mode), buster cannon x 2, single-launch missile pod x 2
Eclipse Face Extreme Evolution: variable psycho rifle x 2, projectile-type jamming system, enhanced buster cannon x 2, single-launch missile pod x 2, non-standard base attack equipment "Carnage Striker" (JP: 規格外拠点攻撃兵装), space-suppression equipment "Eclipse Cluster" x 2 (JP: 空間制圧兵装)
Extreme Gundam Type-Leos Xenon Face: tachyon slicer, shining bunker unit x 2 (Attacks: Super Leos Knuckle, Leos Shot, Kiai Leos Shot, Depth Charge Sphere, Zero-Gravity Dash)
Xenon Face Extreme Evolution: tachyon slicer, shining bunker unit x 2, beam cloth (Attacks: Tachyon Sword Overlimit, Leos Shot Kai, Fire Bunker, Energy Blast, Extreme Full-Power Dash, Hurricane Round Kick, Shining Bunker)
Extreme Gundam Type-Leos Aios Face: variable rifle, beam saber x 2, shield, Aios funnel (beam gun, beam blade) x 8
Aios Face Extreme Evolution: variable rifle, beam saber x 2, shield, Aios funnel (beam gun, beam blade) x 8 (Attacks: Divine Shoot, Sprite Charge, Infinite Chase, The Assault Form, Sacred Sword, Destiny Border)

Gundam.Info put up a page loosely covering the two Extremes here: http://www.gundam.info/topic/9841

Also balofo, if you find that Game's MSV file I'd definitely love a copy. :D
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

balofo

My 2 cents on EXVS stuff:

-Base Leos: Beam Dagger should be listed like this Beam Saber x2(Beam Daggerx2) since they are the same weapon at different outputs
-Eclipse: single-launch missile pod shouldn't be Single Warhead Missile(単弾頭ミサイル)? It also has the 高高度対地砲撃 special attack(firing downwards huge beam). Shouln't it be Blaster Cannon (ブラスター・カノン)? It also retains the 2x Beam Saber(not used ingame though).
-Xenon: isn't it Tachyon SLICER Overlimit? It also retains the 2x Beam Saber(not used ingame though).
-Aios: shouldn't be it be Alice Funnels (アリス・ファンネル)? Also its shield is called Extreme Shield.
-INCLUSION: EXA Face: variable psycho rifle x 2, beam saber x 2, Blaster Cannon x2, Alice Funnels x8, shining bunker unit x 2, Extreme Shield x1. Special: EXA Full Burst

-Carnage: add Container Missile x2 and Shock Wave Field
-Ignis: special attacks: Frozen Plasma Bullets, Rolling Line Funnel, Funnel Boomerang, Funnel Lancer, Funnel Rotating Irradiation, Funnel Full Burst, Shock Wave Field, Funnel Barrier, Install Assault Funnel, Funnel Salvo, Funnel Board, Funnel Lance
-Tachyon: add Extreme Full-Power Dash
-Mystic: add Oblivion Meteor, Beam Arrow, Diffusion Beam Vulcan, Beam Pillar, Laser Lance, Destinate Plan(pun?), Celestial Beautying(LOL), Despair Butterfly, Mistral Soul.

Sources for the Extreme Gundams moves/equipment(if you can translate better):
http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/169.html
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%A9%9F% ... 5%E3%82%B9
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%A9%9F% ... 9%E3%83%88

I endorse Amuro's Belphagor suggestions entirely, that piece of lineart changed everything :)

Secret scan club members should check their PM box for the Game's MSVs pack soon :)
AmuroNT1

The names used on the Extreme Vs Wikia are pretty well guesses, but I suppose they're just as valid as the stuff I pulled out of my nether regions. :P

Also, while Ex- pilots the Extreme Gundam in the EXA manga, in the video games it's operated by an AI patterned off of him which Sthesia (or however the zark you spell her name) calls "Control Program EXA-666".

Deacon Blues

toysdream wrote:Dynames: Ultra-high altitude gun is "unconfirmed".
I never knew where this came from. The only source it was ever published in was the World Report book that says it has a ultra-high altitude ability via its beam rifle and a container (similar to the one that the Kyrios had attached to it).
Virtue: GN field listed as "unconfirmed" since they've never included it in published specs. Silly, I know, but that's the guideline I'm going with.
Despite not being listed in the specs, Tieria does mention it in the dialogue and it is often mentioned in the mecha dossiers. 0_o;
toysdream

Deacon Blues wrote:
toysdream wrote:Dynames: Ultra-high altitude gun is "unconfirmed".
I never knew where this came from. The only source it was ever published in was the World Report book that says it has a ultra-high altitude ability via its beam rifle and a container (similar to the one that the Kyrios had attached to it).
It's in a bunch of books and occasionally included in the specs lists.
Despite not being listed in the specs, Tieria does mention it in the dialogue and it is often mentioned in the mecha dossiers. 0_o;
Yeah, we all know that. It's never been listed in the specs and this, by the guideline I'm using, "unconfirmed." Same goes for pretty much everything in the series that appears to have a GN field.

-- Mark
bilbros

So can we include into the "unconfirmed" category also stuff like the vulcan guns mounted at the base of the "neck fin" of the AMX-107 Bawoo (seen on episode 18), i.e. pieces not listed in the various sources...or do they deserve a different name (maybe "unlisted armaments")?
AmuroNT1

I did have a couple of random armaments questions if Mark doesn't mind the diversion...

1) I've noticed that no source seems to credit the electric wires the Geara Dogas use to restrain the Nu Gundam in CCA. Are those actual weapons or just something like the wires MS sometimes use for short-range secure communications?

2) What in the name of zark is this "freezy yard" thing that places like the Japanese Wikipedia says the Gogg has?

bilbros

Well, maybe I can ask your questions..

1) those electrified wires seem to be a specific equipment of the AMS-119 Geara Doga, since I have at least one source (EDIT: it's The Gundam Chronicles) deliberately mentioning it among the armament;

2) the "freezy yard" or "freezeyard" is a gelatinous anti-mine curtain that the Gogg can pull out from a sort of "hole" (actually, a multi-launcher, according to the Master Grade kit manual) located on the top of its head: the gelatinous matter envelopes the entire body and protects it from the explosions.
Last edited by bilbros on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balofo

Small translation request: does this image say the Abulholl's sub-arms are actually beam saber generators built-in or does it say it can hold a beam saber?

http://imgur.com/gNBrgPd

Mark, Abulholl armaments should be: GN Vulcan x2, GN Beam Saber x2, GN Hand Missile Unit x2(optional, mounted in wing hardpoints in 00F) and Tail Unit(mentioned to be compatible with it in 00F)
toysdream

The caption says "the front armor of the MS form contains hidden hands equipped with beam sabers at their tips." From the design, I suspect that the beam blades come out at right angles to the inner surface of the "claw", so these may be pincer-type weapons with two blades each. But let's call 'em "beam saber x 2" for now.

The GN vulcans are in the dummy head, right? I'll take your word for it on the other items - your track record is solid enough that I don't feel the need to check. From balofo's keyboard, straight to the "unconfirmed" listings! :-)

Speaking of which, most of what I plan on putting in the "unconfirmed" category are weapons that are listed only in a single source, or described in body text but never included in the actual specs. There are a lot of these, for example, in the old Zeta and ZZ model kit manuals. I don't think anybody's ever mentioned the Bawoo's vulcans in print, though, so I'll probably ignore them as mythical equipment like the Epyon's controversial head vulcans. :-)

Meanwhile, I've been slowly researching the games stuff in between this month's huge pile of freelance jobs. My preliminary conclusion is that I'll have to change up my approach for these - rather than relying on the MS Encyclopedia as my basis, and then adding and editing based on other sources, I think I'll be better off using the game armament as the official baseline (since the MS Encyclopedia's information is so skimpy and full of mistakes).

So basically, the armament that's actually featured in G Generation and Bonds of the Battlefield and so forth will be the "confirmed" part, and most of the others will be "unconfirmed" at best, or simply deleted (like the bogus beam sabers the MS Encyclopedia attributes to the Zanspine and Mass Production Type Z'od-iacok). I'll probably roll out the M-MSV specs along with these, because a lot of the game variations are based on Federation machines from the M-MSV series but appear to have different armament.

-- Mark
balofo

Thanks Mark! And yes the GN Vulcans are on the Gundam head and are even used in the manga.

Our life would be a lot easier if the mook editors didn't clean the lineart so much the original designer notes and even some effects/signs are deleted...

For example I've only seen uncleaned 00 lineart for the Movie, If there were available for the rest of the series we could solve mysteries like Masurao's GN Vulcans, how Susanowo's solid sword generate its beam saber function(I suppose, as it shows in the lineart, it opens up and then the beam covers the entire blade GN Sword II style), how Arche's GN Beam Shield is generated and how it can be used as weapon, info on the problematic weapons for all the non GN grunts, etc...

It seems those can only be acquired by buying settei pages from auctions or waiting until they release the without extreme cleaning like with those recent Sunrise Art Works for 08th, 0083 and Wing. Sadly these have widely available untouched lineart :(

I'll only follow up on the Games Originals when you return with your research so we just improve where it's needed.
Last edited by balofo on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmuroNT1

I actually have the Setting Document/"Series Bible" books for Wing...but it took me ages to find them and I kinda don't want to break the bindings in order to get clear scans. Truth be told, the few scans I did do have already done a bit of damage.

balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:I actually have the Setting Document/"Series Bible" books for Wing...but it took me ages to find them and I kinda don't want to break the bindings in order to get clear scans. Truth be told, the few scans I did do have already done a bit of damage.
I don't think there are any doubts or mysteries left to solve regarding Wing and all the lineart is known. The last ones were the Mega Cannon having a low power fire mode(from model manuals and confirmed onscreen in GBF) and the Wing Vulcans being finally confirmed to be in the Wing Shield(source Proto Zero Gundam Ace report and for sure will be in the HGAC Wing Zero manual).

We even got the OP Tallgeese Beam Rifle and the Leo mysterious bazooka from RD toys.

I really can't think of anything besides lineart for the Tragos Beam Rifle and Machine Gun, and other one-time obscure weapons shown in the anime.

We even got new info on the Hydra thanks to MS Catalog 2013: beam swords are stored in the front thigh armor, they can combine into one naginata(Gelgoog vibes) and can even be attached to the shoulder Incom cannons barrels for long range melee attacks! And G Gen Overworld finally gave us its HM head beam gun.