MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
bilbros

Re: MS Catalog

Talking about rare books, Mark do you have Gundam X Mobile Suit Collection?
Well, if it can be useful, I do physically have that book. 8)
Among the most interesting things, it lists some ships never seen in the anime series, as I mentioned some years ago in this thread:
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... 6&start=20
balofo

bilbros wrote:
Talking about rare books, Mark do you have Gundam X Mobile Suit Collection?
Well, if it can be useful, I do physically have that book. 8)
Among the most interesting things, it lists some ships never seen in the anime series, as I mentioned some years ago in this thread:
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... 6&start=20
Well, after seeing that thread it already cleaned some questions but, bilbros, does this book have the following lineart/info?
-jp wiki claims there's lineart for the Jenice's handheld weapons that show both the machinegun/beam rifle also functioning as beam bayonet(machinegun has a fixed beam saber under the barrel and the beam rifle's barrel produces the beam blade). There's also lineart for a custom Shield that gets used in the manga. If there is this lineart in this book could you scan/take a photo of it? I'm DYING to see this and if it's not in this book then only in ancient magazines...
-Daughtress usually don't carry a beam saber, and only the New United forces ones are seeing using them during their world conquest. Is there lineart for this Beam Saber? Other optional handheld Daughtress weapons seen in the anime include: a depth charge launcher for Flyer and a Grenade/Rocket Launcher for the Fire Wallaby. I've seen lineart for the Bazooka that also appears in the anime.
-Can GW-Bit transform? Is there lineart for its back view or other details? jp wiki claims it has 2x Nose Vulcans
-GT-Bit: is there lineart for its back view or other details? It appears to have 2x Breast Gatlings and 2x Hornet Missiles(jp wiki backs this), any info on those?
-Aren't both Daughseats, Leopard S1 and Sea Vulture Ship actually Katoki's designs?
-Any Febral details lineart? In the young Jamil manga its bit attack is called ペス・ポラドォール(Pez Podador?). In G Gen it has a neck machinecannon and the finger are beam sabers.
-Is there lineart for all the model kit only weapons: X-Grenades(used in the anime by an Estardoth), Missile Rifle, Heat Ax, and all the Double X extra weapons?
bilbros

Unfortunately that book has none of the pieces of art/info you requested :(
For instance, the only depicted weapons for the Jenice are the heat ones (heat saber and heat hawk), whereas no picture at all is provided for Febral, Daughtress Flyer or the various G-Bits...
Actually the illustrations focus mainly on characters and main mecha from episodes 1-20, albeit a complete story digest is present.
And the included staff list does credit as mechanical designers only Ishigaki and Okawara, with no mention of Katoki.

Maybe we can be more lucky searching on Comic BomBom Special 111 - Encyclopedia of Gundam [aka Mobile New Century Gundam X Official MS Catalogue]...I'll check it, and in case I'll try to post the images/infos.
balofo

bilbros wrote:Unfortunately that book has none of the pieces of art/info you requested :(
For instance, the only depicted weapons for the Jenice are the heat ones (heat saber and heat hawk), whereas no picture at all is provided for Febral, Daughtress Flyer or the various G-Bits...
Actually the illustrations focus mainly on characters and main mecha from episodes 1-20, albeit a complete story digest is present.
And the included staff list does credit as mechanical designers only Ishigaki and Okawara, with no mention of Katoki.

Maybe we can be more lucky searching on Comic BomBom Special 111 - Encyclopedia of Gundam [aka Mobile New Century Gundam X Official MS Catalogue]...I'll check it, and in case I'll try to post the images/infos.
There's nothing new in Gundam X Official MS Catalogue, sadly.

Damn where could I find this piece of lineart? All that's left is the Gundam X Visual Book and ancient magazines :(
toysdream

Okay, so as not to hold everything up: I've just updated the First Gundam, M-MSV, and Game Variation sections.

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/mscatalog.html

Direct link to the Game Variation portion:

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/mscatalog.html#gv

There are a few notes on sourcing and such, including the use of purple color text for places where I've overruled the MS Encyclopedia with info from the actual games. I'm still filling in a few gaps, and I need to go back and check against the info you guys provided earlier in the thread, but I'll follow up on that tomorrow. :-)

-- Mark
toysdream

Okay, here are followup notes on the game variations. Some explanations, and some extra tidbits of info I came across while I was researching...

Bigro Meir: I think it just has one mega particle cannon, not two as per Game's MSV. But that's one of the animations I can't get to load on my old copy of G Generation F.IF. The Game's MSV column also says it's an ancestor of the Jamru Fin, which makes perfect sense.

Efreet: Has head vulcans in Bonds of the Battlefield, so these at least qualify as "unconfirmed."

Blue Destiny: At this point you'll see I've included a "special equipment" listing for things like EXAM systems and I-field barriers, since we can confirm these in the games. I didn't list magnet coating or Minovsky craft systems - the latter usually aren't cited in game specs.

Rise From The Ashes: All White Dingo armament listings as per the original game.

Zeonic Front: Here you'll see that I decided not to list full specs for the rehashed M-MSV machines. Not only would that be redundant, but I actually don't trust them - the mangled Desert GM specs they've given the Armored GM seem completely inappropriate, and the FA-78-3 has nowhere near as much armament as the M-MSV version. I'm basically treating the game versions as separate machines for now.

Encounters in Space: The specs for Gato's Rick Dom and Matsunaga's Gelgoog Jaeger are presumably the same as the regular versions, aside from the former's beam bazooka (which isn't mentioned in the MS Encyclopedia anyway). The Game's MSV column lists an interesting base weight for Gato's Rick Dom, but that seems like pure trivia.

RX-78-7 Gundam: I've never figured out where the grenade launchers are on the M-MSV version - forearms, an optional hand weapon, hidden in the shield? - and they've never been represented in the game version. Hence, unconfirmed.

FA-78-3 Gundam: The M-MSV version has a ton of mysterious extra weapons that can't be located in the artwork, and the game version even more so. Although the HG-UC kit faithfully repeats the armaments list from the M-MSV specs, virtually none of these can be seen in Katoki's artwork or used in the games, and so I really question their existence.

HFA-78-3 Gundam: Since the original M-MSV specs cheated the weapons list by saying "FA-78-3 armament," I've done the same here. That way I don't have to decide which of them exists in the game version, and which are usable in heavy mode. The 8-missile pods are shown in the line art in the fourth manga volume.

Efreet Nacht: Only has the triple gatling in its left arm.

Aqua GM: As with the M-MSV version, the built-in launchers are problematic. The M-MSV version appears to have eight shoulder micromissiles, and torpedo pods in its backpack; in Bonds of the Battlefield, the Harmony of Gundam version is listed with back and shoulder missile launchers, while other sources claim the shoulder ones are torpedoes. I've just listed all these torpedoes and missiles as "unconfirmed" for now.

Zaku Trainer Type: Game's MSV claims this has chest vulcans, but I think they're lying.

Gyan Custom: Data Collection 13 claimed it had a beam lancer, but I think they were just confused by the beam sword.

Neue Ziel II: Likewise, DC13 mistook its funnels for missiles. Although the SD version only has four funnel ports on its back, the full size artwork has six. G Generation Wars makes it look like it also has beam cannons in its waist.

Titania: The funnels are stored in the shoulders. It deploys 18 in the G Generation Wars animation, but there are 20 ports in the design. The beam swords are stored in the forearms, and the design actually has two identical sockets on each arm, so there should be four total; this makes sense since it has four sword-wielding hidden hands. Its hand weapon was originally listed as a "dual beam gun" so I've stuck with that here.

Z'od-Iacok Mass Production Type: The GGF profile says it can fly in atmosphere and has sabers for close combat, although they're not shown in the artwork or usable in the games. The "G Generation Real" feature in Dengeki Hobby points out that its mega particle cannon has claw-like prongs resembling those of the original version's claw arms, so who knows?

Ebirhu Doga: The GGF profile says it can fly in atmosphere and has a "large beam shield," but in game terms it's an I-field. It also has a bio-computer and/or neo-psycommu system, although I didn't list that here. The funnels are stored in the central body, and the full size artwork shows 18 ports; the Bugs are in its wing units.

Zaku 50: Obviously has large beam sabers in its legs, not "beam rifles" as the MS Encyclopedia says. The large mega particle cannon can swivel, and it has an I-field barrier (described in the GGF profile as a "large beam shield").

Haro: Since the MS Encyclopedia lists the Psyco and God versions, I had to include it!

Prototype Qubeley: Six funnels as per "G Generation Real". In GGF, its forearms actually split open to reveal the mega particle cannons! Everyone seems to think that the beam sabers in its hands also work as ranged weapons, but the line art also seems to show a second opening in its wrist. Presumably these spurious hand guns are the "hand launchers" or "beam rifles" that are often attributed to this machine.

Gaplant Custom: Obviously has four vulcans. The missile pods seem to be optional units that aren't attached in the standard model sheet views; they contain 12 missiles each, but only 8 in the SD version.

Zanspine: Has no beam sabers, just beam fans. When the shoulder Minovsky drive units are dismounted for use as fans, the tail unit serves as its main thruster.

Gundam Aquarius: The rifle and dobergun were added in later G Generation games. According to its GGF profile, it's heavy and has poor maneuverability, but it can fly in atmosphere so that it can keep up with the Epyon.

Gundam Belphagor: As previously discussed. I can't guarantee that the beam saber shown in the line art is present on both hips.

Phoenix Gundam: Shown with 12 funnels in the Game's MSV picture, and it has 12 hatches on its funnel containers.

Ez8 Heavy Armed Custom: Has beam saber racks on its cannon units, although these aren't usable in the games.

Dom Bein Nichts: According to its GGF profile, this type is way easier to operate than the melee-specialized Gross Beil, and so the idea was to put a junior pilot in a Bein Nichts and team them up with an ace in a Gross Beil. The cockpit has been moved to the waist, and the diffuse beam gun is on a swivel mount, which may be why it's suddenly counted as a weapon.

Dom Gross Beil: Note the thruster at the end of its large heat saber, for that extra bit of impact!

Gazarello: The Game's MSV artwork indicates there are 12 bit sockets on each transporter bit. In the picture, it's deployed 16 bits, and seems to have four left on each transporter bit. I've assumed that the openings in its bow are two mega particle cannons.

Rick Dias S: As per Gather Beat 2, it can use the long range bazooka even in normal form. It also has beam pistols someplace.

Dezpada: Its weapon pack binders contain a lot of familiar equipment - the large and medium missile launchers from the GM III, and what appear to be Zeta Plus beam cannons. It's often said to have beam sabers, but these aren't usable in the games. Ditto for the head vulcans visible in the line art.

Great Zeong: I think I tallied up all of its stuff! Most of these are listed in the Game's MSV profile, but I think they missed the leg cannons and the diffuse MPC in its chest.

Vigna Ronah: I tallied up the heavy machine guns and shot lancers based on visual observation.

Halphas Gundam: As per Gundam.info and the designer's comments in the G Generation World Official Complete Guide, the Halphas actually has eight mega beam cannons, although in the game animation they seem to function like four big ones. It has two fewer funnel hatches than the Phoenix, so I'm assuming it has ten funnels.

Barbatos: 12 mega beam cannons in its peacock tail, six more in its limbs, and two in either its head or its torso - in any case, the peacock form is definitely meant to have 20 cannons.

Halphas Bose: Like the regular Halphas, it has eight mega bam cannons. The "feather squeeze" units - six in each beam cannon binder - take the place of the original funnels.

Queen Amelias: A lot of its weapons seem to be in the Guardidancer units, and are hence part of the "Guardian Dress".

Barbadoro: Appears to have 22 diffuse mega particle cannons, but as we've seen, they sometimes change the number of ports in the SD versions.

Extreme Gundam type-LEOS: Obviously I'm still gathering data on this bad boy!

-- Mark
balofo

Let's begin:

-MP Big Zam: GAMES MSV claims it has 6 anti aircraft cannons, are they the 6 small holes beside the Main Cannon?
http://imgur.com/BnrRqIj

-Gyan Kai: Large Beam Sword doubles as Beam Lancer

-7th: these pages have some Katoki lineart. I based my list from these.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/FA-78-3_Fu ... 7th_Gundam
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/HFA-78-3_H ... 7th_Gundam

-Titania: I've just recently had access to the lineart that shows its Beam Sabers design and points the storage to the arms. Could the Dual Beam Gun be the arm stored Beam Sabers being used as Beam Guns(since it can't hold the The O's rifle with those large arm racks besides being another Qubeley nod)?
http://imgur.com/MQwN8iP

-Dom Gross Beil: should have Beam Point by being a Tropen variation

-Dezpada: I believe the Beam Sabers are what you call the Z Plus like Beam Cannons. Also it has a folded Gundam Mark II Shield on the binders.

-Ez8 Heavy Armed Custom: beam saber racks on its cannon units, I've always assumed as so but do you have lineart that explicitly says those are beam sabers?

-Phoenix Gundam has Vulcans in MA form, can't say for all its variations

-GP02 MLRS: I had lineart of 2 other configurations: one had 4 box micromissile launchers(laser guided) and another had 2 of the normal MLRS launchers and 2 box micromissile launchers. I could never locate this lineart again, so are these considered canon?

-Gigantic and MP Hamma Hamma: any idea where the beam sabers are stored.

-Proto Qubeley: I agree on your observations(can see the tiny hand launchers)

Will do more later.
AmuroNT1

Regarding the Gyan Kai, maybe "beam lancer" is just their name for the beam sword opening up and emitting giant beams like the Muramasa Blaster? :)

Regarding the Ebihru Doga and Zaku 50, I kind of suspect that we have a case of what TV Tropes calls gameplay and story segregation; though they have I-Fields in-game, those may simply be a functional stand-in for the large beam shields listed in their profiles. This isn't the only time they do it; the AS planet defensors wielded by G-Unit's Mercurius Suivant and Battlefield of Pacifists' Scorpio are treated as beam shields in-game to represent the fact that they emit forcefields just like the standard planet defensors.

I know the Despada has beam sabers because it uses them in one of its attack animations in Monoeye Gundams (which involves slashing with the saber, then firing off the psy-rods from the back of the shield binders). Sadly I can't find any animations of this on YouTube, and I don't have my copy of the game anymore.

Regarding Zeonic Front, if you want game-accurate lists, the Armored GM (at least Sophie Fran's) can also equip the GM Command's beam gun and 90mm bullpup machinegun, while the Mudrock can equip the bullpup or the Federation long rifle that seems to be unique to this game (correct me if I'm wrong, of course).

Regarding the Extreme Type-Leos, there was some debate about whether its beam sabers and daggers are the same thing, but I'm pretty sure they're entirely separate weapons. When the Type-Leos throws its beam daggers in-game, the beam saber hilts are still present on its backpack, and normally the animation reflects "missing" equipment like thrown boomerangs on the in-game models.

On a related note, the Gundam Wiki claims that the objects on both Extremes' arms are vulcans, but these aren't included in any of the gameplay so it's probably a spurious claim. On the other hand maybe they were used that way in Gundam EXA, but since nobody's translating that manga I couldn't begin to tell you.

And just as a bit of fun trivia, I remember the Aquarius' profile saying that it actually doesn't have enough reactor power to wield beam weapons since the majority of its output goes either to the virus broadcasting pods or to its flight thrusters, which is why they gave it some Leo weapons in later games.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Extreme Gundam ''arm vulcans'' is BS that has never been corrected since the design has been unveiled. If Beam Daggers are separate they should have been in the RD figure.

Titania also has an I-Field in GGEN F

Bigro Meier hidden mega particle cannon is depicted as one barrel in G Gen F

http://imgur.com/W4pbBSS
toysdream

Zeonic Front: I'd fudged the Armored GM listing by simply putting "machine gun," since it uses the 90mm version in the game but carries the 100mm version in the model sheet art. I've added "machine gun" and "assault rifle" to the Mudrock's list; are we sure that the Armored GM can carry both the beam gun and the beam spray gun?

RX-78-7 Gundam: The problem is that every source that lists its armament, even the HG-UC kit, is simply copy-and-pasting from the old M-MSV specs. One of the giveaways is that, when they're listing specs for the Heavy Full Armor form, they never ever mention the 8-missile pods on the back of the booster - even though these are explicitly called out in Katoki's line art, used in the manga version, and apparently added to the design at the specific request of the game designers, who wanted the missiles to launch from a location that would be visible in the game's rear view. So I still don't believe the M-MSV specs are relevant to the game version, and sources that simply copy-and-paste them in - like the Game's MSV column and the HG-UC manual - give me the impression that the writer hasn't even looked at the game design.

Gundam GP02A MLRS: Those armament variations sound a bit obscure to me. Perhaps they were depicted in Gundam Ace at some point?

MP Big Zam: Actually "anti-air missile x 6". These are probably the small openings next to the cannon, yes - I've added them as "unconfirmed".

Gyan Custom: I think the "beam lancer" thing was purely a mistake on the part of Data Collection 13, which mislabeled the Gyan Kai's weapon (and misidentified the Neue Ziel II's funnels as "missiles"). It's never had this in any of the games, and I don't think it really exists.

Titania: Yep, the beam swords are in the forearms. It shows this in DC 13 and in the game animation. In GGF, the "dual beam gun" animation shows it firing the rifle, so this is purely a disagreement about what the rile should be called. According to my GGF game guides, it doesn't have an I-field, and according to the G Generation World wiki I checked it doesn't have one in that game either.

Gigantic and MP Hamma Hamma: Sorry, no idea where the sabers are hidden.

Phoenix Gundam: I think the MA form vulcan gun(s) have only ever been mentioned in the "G Generation Real" feature in Dengeki Hobby. I've added them as "unconfirmed" also.

Ez8 Heavy Armed Custom: Likewise, the beam sabers were mentioned in the G Generation Real feature, and discussed in the photo coverage of the accompanying model. I'd say that's enough to qualify them as "unconfirmed."

Dom Gross Beil: The Dom Tropen's "beam point" has actually never appeared on any published armaments list either. I'll put this down as "unconfirmed," and I'll do the same for the regular Tropen when I get to it.

Dezpada: The shield items are definitely beam cannons - these were usable weapons in the original game. The shields may just be part of the binder, which is mainly made up of recycled GM III armament. As for the beam saber, it's not a usable weapon in the game and it's not shown in the model sheets, but if it's shown in the attack animations then I'll bump it up out of the "unconfirmed" ghetto. :-)

Extreme Gundam type-Leos: I think the beam daggers are indeed separate. They're a different shape from the sabers, and they're apparently stored in the waist. (As per this Gundam.info feature.)

-- Mark
balofo

MRLS type A, B is the HGUC one. And I've seen another configuration with just 4 box shaped launchers.

http://imgur.com/GHDGMDm

I stand corrected, the daggers are indeed a different weapon :)

More tidbits:
-S. MATSUNAGA'S GELGOOG JÄGER: should list Beam Saber since it has one in the game, the arm cannons are machine canons also per game.
-I've seen the model number RX-78GP02BB for the Beam Bazooka one
-PROTOTYPE QUBELEY: confirmation on the chest vulcans by Kondo's own hand, from Vanishing Machine
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... X-001.jpeg
-RX-79(G)Ez8/HMC: Catalog lists the 12.7mm gun, but I can't locate it anywhere on the chest or elsewhere. You should also put the 35mm caliber for the head vulcans for both variations.
-Add Ez8 Kai from Gather Beat: made for space has a 200mm cannon
-Efreet should have a Jamming System(ジャミング機能) instead of a stealth one.
-Add BD3 Kai from Gather Beat
-Add Ex Revue section with Dolmel: 2x Toe Beam, 2x Multilauncher(Beam Gun/Beam Saber), 2x Shoulder Missile Pod, 2x Shoulder Heat Pile, 2x Chest Small Missile Pod
-Add Deus Ex Machina as a special attack for both CENTURIO CONSULARE and Imperator. CENTURIO AUXILIUS should have just Blade Luminarium and Launcher Geminus. CENTURIO LEGATUS should have Blade Luminarium, Field Imperium and Launcher Geminus. Rerum Dominatus is a Field and should be added as special equipment for all Centurio series.
-Knight Gundam: Knight Sword, Electromagnetic Spear, Beam Gun. Special attacks: Bow of Light(光の弓), Flaming Sword(炎の剣), Sorcery(魔法), 三種の神器(3 Sacred Treasures). FA form appears just to have Flaming Sword and Beam Gun as normal attacks.
-Extreme Leos: Load Tactics instead of Road, Alice Funnels instead of Aios.

I believe the rest is OK, should't you add games like Gihren's Greed? :)
AmuroNT1

All I can say re: the Armored GM is that the only playable one in the game wields the GM Command beam gun. It's been too long since I played ZF, so I can't recall if any enemy units show up with the spraygun or if it's just on the official listing.

Regarding Titania, GGF also refers to The-O's beam rifle as a "dual beam gun", so that might just be a name change limited to that single game.

That's the real fun with the Gelgoog Jäger - every single weapon except the beam machinegun seems to be in a state of flux. Sometimes it has head vulcans and sometimes it doesn't, the beam saber is in the same boat, and of course we have the machinecannons transforming into beam spotguns (IIRC around the time the HGUC model came out). It's like Schrödinger's Mobile Suit or something.

And I confess I'm kind of iffy on the name of Type-Leos' special attack. Load works with the whole data theme, but at the same time the move involves jumping onto an enemy and riding them like a skateboard while grinding them against the ground, so one could argue for "Road". But "Load" is probably the right translation.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

toysdream

I've been looking into this business about the Titania's I-field, and from the Japanese sites it sounds like it appears to have some kind of secret single-use barrier. I've put this down as "unconfirmed." Oh, and I changed its hand weapon to "beam rifle" for consistency with The O.

Onward!

Armored GM: Okay, "beam gun" is added.

Matsunaga's Gelgoog Jaeger: Okay, I've added armaments for this and Gato's Dom, since they're at least unusual.

Efreet Nacht: The system doesn't seem to have an official name - most of the writeups just say it has "jamming functions" (that's the literal translation for ジャミング機能), while G Generation calls it a "stealth system" a la the Gromlin.

Prototype Qubeley: Yep, that's where I got that info (although based on the rules I've adopted, a single source isn't enough to count as "confirmed"). I just wish the scan weren't cropped so tightly, so we could see what else Kondo says!

Ez8 High Mobility Custom: Yep, they took the chest machine gun out. It was always a weird choice for Shiro, voted Least Likely To Use Anti-Personnel Weapons. I'm reluctant to start inserting vulcan calibers because the MS Encyclopedia almost never lists them - if I add them here, I'll have to do it everywhere.

Ez8 Kai: I'm a bit hesitant about adding this one - it's never really been acknowledged outside the game, unlike the fancier Ez8 variants, and I don't believe there's even a model sheet for it.

Centurio series: Updated, thanks!

Knight Gundam: Updated. Let me look into the FA form a bit more...

Extreme Gundam type-Leos: Updated, thanks!

Dolmel and Gihren's Greed: I'm uncertain about extending my coverage to EX Revue and Gihren's Greed - it seems like there must be a reason why the MS Encyclopedia has always refused to list either of these games. They generally seem to cover all the Side Story and G Generation games, so I feel comfortable filling in the obvious gaps in the MS Encyclopedia's coverage, but it's another matter entirely to list games that the MSE refuses to acknowledge. (Same reason I haven't taken it upon myself to add Crossbone Gundam or Gaia Gear or G-Saviour.) What do you guys think?

-- Mark
balofo

More info is always good, particularly since western Gundam fans lack good info sources besides mahq. Giren's Greed doesn't add much besides LOADS of recolors. Crossbone and G-Saviour should also be added since they are still grey area UC.

And I've checked G Gen F for the Titania's I-Field and it really isn't in the unit stats, but I swear I've seen a game give it an I-Field before :)
Zeonista

toysdream wrote:Dolmel and Gihren's Greed: I'm uncertain about extending my coverage to EX Revue and Gihren's Greed - it seems like there must be a reason why the MS Encyclopedia has always refused to list either of these games. They generally seem to cover all the Side Story and G Generation games, so I feel comfortable filling in the obvious gaps in the MS Encyclopedia's coverage, but it's another matter entirely to list games that the MSE refuses to acknowledge. (Same reason I haven't taken it upon myself to add Crossbone Gundam or Gaia Gear or G-Saviour.) What do you guys think?-- Mark
Dolmel: I do think you should add the Dolmel, as it is probably the closest thing we get to a "Kampfer Kai" in semi-official appearances so far. You can include it as design speculation on cross-designing a Gelgoog & a Kampfer. :)

Gihren's Greed: Those alternates may have been excluded from the encyclopedia because they are optional-hypothetical instead of having a definite & defined role in a given story. But then if you are going to include them, might as well include the out-of-place Gundam Thunderbolt! :D (That info is easily gathered from the HG booklets.)

Crossbone Gundam: I would like to see info for Crossbone Gundam MS, since Tomino did mean for it to continue his Formula 91 idea, and it seems connected to UC timeline events in a way that Gaia Gear and G-Saviour are not.

Dom Tropen Beam Pointer: The later UC production designs seem to deliberately ignore the "beam flash gun" as much as possible for Doms of any type. :) However, the aperture is there on both HGUC models of the Dom Tropen.

Gelgoog Jaeger: The 0080 Zeon MS had rather incomplete MS weapon listings in places (mostly Rick Dom II & Jaeger) since they tended to focus on "weapons used in scene" rather than "all weapons on MS" like most other UC series. However, I happen to have the Jaeger HGUC booklet in reach today....
Head Guns: There are two definite gun muzzle ports in the head, flanking the antenna. (They are approximately located in the same position as the usual Gundam bargun set. :) ) No further data given, and they were not used in the anime, so you make the call as to what is there! Maybe 30mm or 40mm barguns as listed for other Zeon MS?
Arm Guns: Not listed in the standard booklet data, but they are labeled in a photo as "beam spot guns", This despite the fact they are 100% identical in construction to the 110mm arm gun mounts for the Gelgoog marine types! :? The anime f/x suggest machine guns rather than beam weapons too.
Melee Weapon: The usual naginata is missing, along with the rear-mounted carrying hook on the backpack or waist. This might have been a production oversight, but I am thinking that the Jaeger is like the Kampfer, and carries beam sabers under the side hip panels.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
bilbros

Definitely agree on the fact that adding mecha from all the Crossbone mangas (i.e. Crossbone Gundam, Skull Heart, Steel 7 and Crossbone Ghost) would be great!
The same goes for the Dolmel and the originals from Gihren's Greed (e.g. the Gyan counterparts for the Gelgoog variations, or the High Mobility types of Gundam and Zeong)...

Of course it would be very nice to go farther and dreaming of a really comprehensive list taking stuff from every Gundam-related work (say, Family Soft and other old videogames, boardgames, more or less obscure manga and so on), but I think we cannot ask Mark to undertake such a titanic task! :)
toysdream

Documenting every Gundam work is really MAHQ's mandate, and I think it would be redundant for me to attempt it. There would be some personal advantages to me in adding Crossbone - for one thing, it keeps coming up in my game translation jobs, so it would be useful to have that data in one convenient place - but It still feels like I'd be stretching beyond my original goal of documenting the works acknowledged by the MS Encyclopedia. Personally, I find it interesting to know that Crossbone and Gaia Gear and G-Saviour and Gihren's Greed aren't as favored as other works, or that the Z'od-Iacok from Gundam Sentinel is apparently outside the "semi-official" envelope (or perhaps beyond the scope of the licensing arrangement).

In any case, there's more than enough material to go through before I run out of things to do with the current list! :-)

As for the mysterious armaments of the Dom Tropen and Gelgoog Jaeger, I'll grapple with those when I get to 0080 and 0083. In the meantime, we have a request for Gundam X, and I want to go through the MSV, MS-X, and MSV-R series because I just got the third and final MSV-R book collection...

-- Mark
AmuroNT1

toysdream wrote:There would be some personal advantages to me in adding Crossbone - for one thing, it keeps coming up in my game translation jobs, so it would be useful to have that data in one convenient place - but It still feels like I'd be stretching beyond my original goal of documenting the works acknowledged by the MS Encyclopedia.
But Crossbone hasn't appeared in any games that made it over to the States yet...is there something you're not telling us, good sir? :)

Also, it seems Gundam Battle Operation recently added the Mudrock, AND it actually has the mythical grenade launchers; now all we need to do is find someone who has the game and can let us know where the blasted things are...

Xenosynth

I'll get on that! Though I think the Mudrock was an event only suit, so I'll have to hijack one from an enemy. I don't play the game a lot, but I just go on it every now and then and do matches. The game itself isn't that bad, it's just the shitty F2P system that is in place that keeps it from being really nice.

Anyway, for the sake of science, I will try to get against one or unlock it. HOPEFULLY, given that the models appear the same or similar, Side Stories will also add in this stuff if I can't get it in time with GBO.
AmuroNT1

Also, to cap off the current listings for Extreme Vs/EXA, here's Leos's upgrade.

Extreme Gundam Type-Leos II Vs. (Valiant Surface)
Model Number: Unknown
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Manufacturer: Jupiter-X (Ten)
Weapons: valiant rifle x 1, beam saber x 2, "Eclipse" high-purification armament x 2, "Aios" all-inspired funnel x 8, large beam saber x 1, "Xenon" explosive mechanism

Notes:
-The Eclipse are a pair of back-mounted beam cannons
-Xenon is a temporary super mode, during which time the Extreme gains the ability to perform a Shining Finger-style attack
-Not sure on the actual name of the large beam saber; it seems to be a solid lance inspired by Extreme Mystic Phase's lance, but with the ability to emit a large saber blade like the Muramasa Blaster or Gyan Kai's sword

The game also introduced the Extreme Gundam R, but at this early stage we know very little about it; we only just learned of its existence a couple of days ago.