MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: MS Catalog

The Nyaia Astray got lineart: http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 1kwnbc.jpg

List for all MS that appeared in Build Fighters A and D, relevant to this topic: http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 1kwh0d.jpg
Kuruni

But not Nyaia Gundam...I guess this's because it's include in Imaging Builders?
My girlfriend was a loli.
bilbros

List for all MS that appeared in Build Fighters A and D, relevant to this topic
This is pretty interesting, although I admit that some of the original entries for Build Fighters A / D (i-e. the ones on the longest part of the right column) sound quite obscure.
In particular, I'm referring to:

- Wald Wolf (ヴァイルドヴォルフ) [maybe it's based on the AMX-014?]

- Damo Schultz (ダモ ジュルツ) [??]

- Hyakkimaru Otsushiki (百鬼丸乙式) [obviously a Hyakkimaru variation, but from the name alone it's hard to imagine its appearance in more detail]

Does anybody have an idea of how they look like?
AmuroNT1

I think maybe that's supposed to be "Wild Wolf".
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
bilbros

Oops, yes thank you; I didn't noticed the イ [=I]...
toysdream

Finally, a big fat update to my listings!

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/mscatalog.html

I've revised things from top to bottom, including a new format for displaying names (along with affiliation and machine type) and a lot of little name spelling revisions based on the spelling standardization work I've been doing with the studio. Obviously this could have gone on for a while, but I figured I should post something!

I've made a lot of revisions to the G-Reco section, based on all the books and scans I've been able to accumulate, and I expect balofo will be giving that a careful inspection. I also added the G-Laboratory variation series, without specs, and made a lot of updates to Build Fighters and its spinoffs. I'll look through balofo's list for the Build Fighters A/D series and see if I can flesh these listings out some more.

Speaking of which, I went through balofo's last batch of notes based on the Perfect File series. I haven't seen these volumes myself, but I think at this point I have full confidence in balofo's reporting. :-)

Hyaku-Shiki Kai: Gotcha. I've reverted this back to "beam gatling gun" as per the MS Encyclopedia.

Hyaku-Shiki Kai Ground Type: Yep, they're actually described as "shoulder grenade launcher" in SD CLUB. I added the missiles too.

Hydra Gundam: I haven't typed in the specs yet, but I'll remember that for future reference.

Pergrande: I'm a little hesitant to classify the beam cannons, but I've listed "beam cannon x 4" and "missile launcher x 6" for these as applicable.

Guard Shell: Added "flexible beam cannon" and claws as "unconfirmed", renamed the shield, and added the anchor swords. "Anchor claw" sounds a bit more like a parts description - it seems like this functionality is already assumed in a rocket anchor. As for the beam shield(s), does each laser sword generate a separate shield, or is this a collective function?

Turn Delta: Added "beam saber x 2" as part of the Voiture Lumiere.

Masurao: I already had these listed for the Masurao, but I've added them as "unconfirmed" for the Susanowo as well.

Harute: I've added the rifle function as "beam blade".

Gundam Abulhool: I've added the beam rifles. Most sources refer to the arms as having one beam saber each - perhaps they're considered a single saber? - so I left that as "x 2" for the moment.

Gomel and Wrozzo: Model numbers corrected.

-- Mark
balofo

The site is out for me, anyway here are the Guard Shell and Abulhool pages:

https://i.imgur.com/wQF423n.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aphg4NS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JurhfMl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OvD3dnq.jpg

I can easily do armament lists for G-Labo except for the HM Jahanaam which I haven't see a scan yet. The Gundam Weapons for G-Reco is the only book that has lots of lineart and the G-Labo chapters, I'll see if can get it.

I'll take a look at BF too.
toysdream

Ah, thanks! The Guard Shell writeup says that the laser swords "are used in the deployment of the beam shield", so I suspect that they just contribute to the overall shield functionality. As for the Abulhool, even the Perfect File specs say it has two beam sabers, despite the labeling that shows four; is it possible that they only work when the pincers are closed to form a single emitter?

I actually have the Gundam Weapons book, and I think I've squeezed it pretty dry of data. Aside from the Catsith Ground Battle Type, their armament doesn't seem too different from the regular versions, though...

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:Ah, thanks! The Guard Shell writeup says that the laser swords "are used in the deployment of the beam shield", so I suspect that they just contribute to the overall shield functionality. As for the Abulhool, even the Perfect File specs say it has two beam sabers, despite the labeling that shows four; is it possible that they only work when the pincers are closed to form a single emitter?

I actually have the Gundam Weapons book, and I think I've squeezed it pretty dry of data. Aside from the Catsith Ground Battle Type, their armament doesn't seem too different from the regular versions, though...

-- Mark
Does the GW G-Reco come with the B/W lineart section from HJ at the end and does it retain the designer notes? Any chance you take a quick phone photo of the HM Jahanaam, I've never seen its full body.
toysdream

No lineart section at all. It does have Ippei's notes in the G-Laboratory section, though. And I'll scan the HM Jahannam when I have a minute.

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:No lineart section at all. It does have Ippei's notes in the G-Laboratory section, though. And I'll scan the HM Jahannam when I have a minute.

-- Mark
Thanks! Then all the lineart from HJ/DHM was never compiled, we only have what's in MS Catalog 2015 and the Guidebook. No other mook has been announced either.

Site still out for me, I'll make my notes tomorrow when I can access it.
E08

Shouldn't the Star Winning only have 2 star cross not 4? The gunpla kit showed their placement quite well.

For Turn Delta, i think the 2 x beam sabers mentioned previously by balofo should be listed separately from the Voiture Lumiere. Sure the beam sabers and VL are generated from the backpack parts, but the VL system may not have anything to do with the sabers. Sort of like how the Turn Delta's lumiere shield is also generated from the backpack parts but listed separately.
toysdream

Duly noted, thanks!

I've also added all the Gundam Age stuff, and everything so far from Iron-Blooded Orphans.

-- Mark
balofo

-Turn Delta: IMO should be listed as Lumiere Shield/Beam Saber x2 since they are generated from the same place as shown in the manga

Quick IBO additions:
-I went with smoothbore gun for 滑空砲 but the kanjis read gliding gun, unless this is an obscure alternate form for smoothbore. Sword should be long sword. Add the calibers and the underbarrel machinegun as 300mm smoothbore gun(60mm machinegun).
-Schwalbe/Graze/Custom: we know the specs for the axe and rifle. GR-W01 120mm Rifle and GR-H01 9.8m Battle Axe. Schwalbe's lance has the short barrel version of the GR-W01 120mm Rifle equipped. Add the Surface Use Booster Unit from option set 2 for the vanilla Graze. If you are listing the Schwalbe's flight unit then you should list the vanilla Graze's booster unit
-CGS MW: official site calls the weapons machineguns in katakana.
-Hyakuren: we know the specs for its weapons. JEE-201 100mm Rifle Cannon, JEE-202 Single edge type Blade, JEE-203 Knuckle Guard. Going by the model numbers/manuals the grenade launcher/4tube rocket launcher are Hyakuri's weapons originally but can be used by Hyakuren.
-Hyakuren Amida: should list the assault rifle only here for now.
-Hyakuri: we know the specs for its weapons. JEE-101 110mm Rifle, JEE-102 Revolving Grenade Launcher , JEE-103 4-tube Rocket Launcher.
-Man Rodi: has hand grenades, unknown number. Perhaps has head vulcans but only lineart or the anime will tell.
-Kutan: can carry 2x 300mm smoothbore gun(60mm machinegun) fixed.

Now I need to go over G-Reco, Try and Age.
toysdream

Is there a source for those weapon specs and serial numbers other than Wikipedia?

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:Is there a source for those weapon specs and serial numbers other than Wikipedia?

-- Mark
Barbatos/Graze are from the 1/100 manuals, Teiwaz MS are from HJ. Totally legit.
toysdream

I was wondering about the 1/100 Graze manual as a source, since the kit hasn't been released yet. But I just saw manual scans and they don't mention any weapon calibers or serial numbers. I may hold off on listing these details until we have a confirmed print source; I'm happy to wait and see in the meantime. :-)

Also: 滑空砲 does appear to be a variant kanji spelling for 滑腔砲 (smoothbore gun). 太刀 could also be translated as "long sword", I suppose, but it ended up as simply "sword" on the terminology list. I'll go with "long sword" for the time being because it does sound cooler...

On the mobile worker, the terminology list has its weapons as 機関砲 (autocannon) rather than 機関銃 (machine gun), but the web site does say "machine gun". I'll go with the latter for now since it's publicly available.

I think I've applied the rest of your edits. I haven't given Amida's Hyakuren its own specs box, so the assault rifle is listed with the regular version for now.

-- Mark
Last edited by toysdream on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balofo

toysdream wrote:I was wondering about the 1/100 Graze manual as a source, since the kit hasn't been released yet. But I just saw manual scans and they don't mention any weapon calibers or serial numbers. I may hold off on listing these details until we have a confirmed print source; I'm happy to wait and see in the meantime. :-)

-- Mark
Wild proof appears!

https://i.imgur.com/2YiLkfL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Pd0LoR4.jpg

I thought the 1/100 Graze would have the specs but it didn't since the Barbatos' one had the calibers, which is a shame.
balofo

Ebikawa's book info:
-there's lineart for Kotetsu Genoace and Lhuga G-Exes from the AGE Treasure Star manga, they should be added. Perhaps it has lineart on AGE-1 Phoenix and the game/MSV Wears since it has 20 pages dedicated to AGE. Might have some interesting info like if the Shaldoll line has either solid or beam head vulcans.
-It has 22 pages for 00, I hope it has his captions for the Empruss so we can finally put its armament list to rest. Maybe it has lineart for the Ptolemaios II weapons which I haven't seen anywhere.
-It has 6 pages for Try, but I can't remember any great doubt about his Try designs.
-16 pages for BF, I have seen a partial pic of the Renascita pages and it doesn't mention anything about the missiles. Maybe I can finally know what the open fin gimmick for Amazing's Exia shield does.
-Funny that it has 12 pages on IBO. I know it has 2 for the Graze and 2 for the Isaribi. The other designs he did are the Graze Kai, Schwalbe, Gjallarhorn MW, Kutan and presumably the Hammerhead. Let's see.
-4 pages on Builders, but he only did the ZakuF2000...

LOTS of rough lineart and design ideas, though
balofo

Got Ebikawa's book:
-Amazing Exia Shield has 2x Shield Swords. The opening gimmick is their deployment.
-Adele Cannon's shoulder weapon is called DODS Beam Cannon in the caption.
-Treasure Star: http://i.imgur.com/H3rxALu.jpg
A)Kotetsu Genoace: 4x backpack Ashura Arms, 2x shoulder Genoace beam spray gun? or 2x cannons, 2x shoulder triple missile pod.
B)Lhuga Exes: 2x backpack Beam Sabers, 8x large shoulder thruster beam daggers(maybe the back portion holds the same quantity), 2x side waist beam daggers, 4x front waist beam daggers, 2x knee beam daggers.
-There's an explanation for the GN-IV's GN Hand Grenade(unused in play), it makes a GN particles scattering curtain.
-Regnant: there's a caption saying the the Egner Whips double as a 4x tube GN Vulcans. There's a caption for GN Beam Vulcan but it doesn't indicate where it's but I assume this is for the thigh ones in MS mode(main body in MA form). Should list the beam firing ports from the GN Fangs. The main weapon is called Large GN Particle here. This info matches with the HJ scans I mentioned earlier in the thread. http://i.imgur.com/iKpb5EN.jpg
-Empruss: captions for 4x body GN Verniers/GN Particle Guns and 2x arm GN Beam Guns(the kanji for gun looks different but the scan is too small...). The arm is called a bellows type. This info matches with the HJ scans I mentioned earlier in the thread. http://i.imgur.com/ZtwNEBj.jpg
-Reborns Cannon: caption for each manipulator's finger doubling as a GN vulcan, therefore 6x GN vulcans should be added.
-XN Raiser: as I mentioned before in the ships catalog thread there's a caption for it having 2x additional GN beam guns under.
-Superbia GN-X: the missile hatch is mounted on the inside middle arm section of the Superbia unit according to a rough, must be the same place for the finished version. This was never pointed out.
-GN-X IV's Core Fighter has a hardpoint for the beam rifle. Doesn't say if it can be used by the core fighter only.

That's it.