Gundam Wing GOL/FT/MG new stuff THREAD

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
meer campbell

Re: Gundam Wing GOL/FT/MG new stuff THREAD

Wow. I didn't expect Satan to appear. Doesn't look like they are disregarding FT at all. Gives us hope that we will get MS designs in the future. I still think they are going to animate it but they'll probably change the story a whole lot. It needs to focus on the new generation a lot more and stop treating Heero and Relena as this holy hope for the universe couple. What does the text around that Zero painted like Flugel say? It looks cool but is really unexpected. I guess they need more material to fill the Wing pages since FT is gone.
balofo

meer campbell wrote:Wow. I didn't expect Satan to appear. Doesn't look like they are disregarding FT at all. Gives us hope that we will get MS designs in the future. I still think they are going to animate it but they'll probably change the story a whole lot. It needs to focus on the new generation a lot more and stop treating Heero and Relena as this holy hope for the universe couple. What does the text around that Zero painted like Flugel say? It looks cool but is really unexpected. I guess they need more material to fill the Wing pages since FT is gone.
That's just a different take on the Warlock's Fenrir mode image that appeared on the novel, doesn't show anything new. If I'm remembering well the Satan/Devil pre TV version doesn't have the beam wings so that pic is actually wrong or maybe Zechs saw the MC furture :)

That Wing Zero Peacraft Specification is a what if magazine scratchbuilt machine if Zechs had kept the WZ instead of switching to the Epyon. Customized by Howard. Not official at all.
Mimeblade

I hate to ask, but is there anyone archiving all the key MS illustrations up to this point?

Better yet, has a decent summary/article been written about Frozen Teardrop in a complete way so that the rest of us have a better idea of what happened?
Deacon Blues

An interesting turn of events play out in the latest chapter of GOL entitled "Artemis Revolution". Tubarov's capture plays out more or less the same as the anime. However, Duke Dermail actually makes it to the lunar plant and is captured upon his arrival by Quinze. As Quinze makes a broadcast, Dermail and Tubarov are seen tied to a chair.

The "Endless News" column also lists his name as "Quinze Trant" now 0_o
Wingnut

As in the same Lt. that went and got himself killed by the Wing Zero while trying to figure out how to control it before Zechs picked it up? Everybody really is related to everybody now. Inbred Romafeller freaks.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
meer campbell

I don't get it. Sumisawa said he wanted to wash his hands of Wing yet he is obviously still writing this. Wish they would make kits for this.
Mimeblade

This thread appears to be dead... so I am poking it with a stick to see if anyone's still posting translations of the Manga or Novels or doing anything about scans or compiling or somesuch.
Amion

Please don't.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
DragoMaster009

I think this fragment from a G.I.Joe fanfic sums up why I want to see this discussion thread continue, both for the actual story and for the comments about said story:

""You know what's coming right?" Destro sighed as they followed Cobra Commander to another room.

"Oh yeah. It's like watching one of those old cartoons," Zartan said. "You know the coyote is going to fail to catch the road runner and fall of a cliff but you just can't stop watching."

"It's how the coyote falls off the cliff you don't know about," Destro agreed."
ShadowCell

Frozen Teardrop can't be that bad because it apparently has us quoting the wisdom of freaking G.I. Joe fanfiction c:
Mimeblade

Haters gonna hate.

I just want more info/content to chew on. Even if it's raw Japanese, I'd be willing to translate it.
Omnislayer

I agree with Mimeblade, as shitty as this story was I need more info and mecha designs.
PSN- blackatt66
Steam- omni_slayer
DragoMaster009

You guys already suffered through the worst of Frozen Teardrops, what remains of Glory of Losers couldn't be that bad, right?
Mimeblade

I wouldn't call it "suffering"... I'd call it HEERO LAUGHTER.
balofo

Milliardo has just destroyed Bulge the latest chapter, next is the final battle arc

Let's see how they will handle the Treize duel
meer campbell

balofo wrote:Milliardo has just destroyed Bulge the latest chapter, next is the final battle arc

Let's see how they will handle the Treize duel

Did he destroy it in the same way? The Wing part of the manga is definitely ending this year. The whole thing could be over depending on if they go into Endless Waltz.
Deacon Blues

Libra fires on Barge inflicting heavy damage. Zechs slices it afterwards. Disappointing end. Expected more manga time with barge. Its appearance was pointless. This mangas ending is going to be super rushed.
Dustman

Deacon Blues wrote:This mangas ending is going to be super rushed.
I don't see this as much different from how the TV series ended :p

But then again, I wouldn't put it past Sumizawa to somehow mess it up. Especially if he wasn't just being sarcastic about how burned out he became during Frozen Teardrop. It makes me nervous to hear that the events prior to the final episode are also being rushed.
Mimeblade

So what's the latest? Anyone working on scanlations still for the Manga? I haven't seen it updated in a while.