Rezel and anksha

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
newageheretic

Rezel and anksha

From what I can gather with the rezel being like a mp zeta on a methus base it doesn't have atmospheric flight capabilities(my best guess) and with the anksha even sharing the same head from what I can guess was the eff answer to the limitations to the rezel on earth since its based on the asshimar, am I correct in my assumptions?
nacho-wan

Re: Rezel and anksha

Rezel is more like a transformable sled from CCA as the Anksha is a base jabber. I kind of makes sense to better weaponize the MS plataforms as to make better use of the assets in the battle theater. But yes, they are derived from the Methuss and Ashimar as you mentioned. The same concept, different environments and different roots.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
yazi88

The thing both have in common is that they both utilize heavily modified Jegan frames, although the ReZel seems to be a special forces unit only.
newageheretic

If anything I think both take on the aesthetics of the ZII, the rezel more, the ankshas lower half does have the look to though
fieal

Can the Rezel commander type have sustained flight in a atmospheric environment, i.e. inside a colony or earth? Or is the wings just to make it look sexier?
nacho-wan

you know, mecha aerodynamics is firmly rooted in the rule of cool rather than physics so any answer should do fine as long as a main character is piloting it.

However, somewhere I read that the wings were for admospheric reentry -believe it or not, which I don't
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
blind_dead_mcjones

it'd probably could have very limited sustained flight capability, but that would be hampered by the rest of the ReZEL having the aerodynamics of a housebrick

course as nacho-wan said, such things usually take a backseat to the rule of cool where mecha shows are concerned anyway

so..yeah it is most likely just to make it look cool and to make it easier to tell the difference between the commander type and the standard version
Flag Fighter for life!
Dark Duel

If the X-Divider, which has literally no aerodynamic characteristics of any kind (no wings, fins, or anything else except small thrusters on its little backpack thing) could fly reasonably well even without using the mass of thrusters in its shield (which IIRC it does on a couple of occasions), honestly I don't see a problem with the ReZEL CT flying.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Midi_Amp

Rule of cool aside, just what makes the Anksha floats? This is afterall Universal Century, where plot armor has names, complete with pseudo physics and explanation.

Nitpicking about if Anksha was built from Jegan frame at all. Sure it has bits of ReZel parts (especially the legs) but the upper torso looks like a carbon copy of Asshimar, even the upper arms are the same (piston like design). But the canon description that it's from Jegan, so Jegan based it is.

Anywho, back to the flying thing. The original Asshimar has three thrusters on each leg, combined with the disc shape top in MA form, it is much better than a brick with rockets, it's a disc with rocket pods. The Anksha however... Is... For lack of better term is Asshimar with dangling bits and doodads. Even with the rule of cool... Really? Anksha is Asshimar with dangling bits and doodads, it doesn't look cool at all. Yet, it flies and designed to carry a mobile suit, presumably under gravity.

Statistic wise, its maximum thrust is slightly lower than the base ReZel and the addition of wings although many are all stubby, makes it unbelievably "brickish" for atmospheric flight.

I like the design and enjoyed the show. Of the many mobile suit designs from Unicorn OVAs, only the Anksha strikes me as weird... Technically. Just look at the Byarlant custom, it has brick like aerodynamic yet the amount of large thruster all over its body negates the need of lifting device.
nacho-wan

I guess the Anksha is too early in the timeline to suggest a Minosky Drive?

As for the Jegan connection, I too have that doubt for both the Anksha and the Rezel. Sure both are cannonfoer mass production types but their frames are more complex that the Jegan. I don't think they have many similarities in their frames except the nuts and bolts?
-Henry I. Miller
blind_dead_mcjones

nacho-wan wrote:I guess the Anksha is too early in the timeline to suggest a Minosky Drive?

As for the Jegan connection, I too have that doubt for both the Anksha and the Rezel. Sure both are cannonfoer mass production types but their frames are more complex that the Jegan. I don't think they have many similarities in their frames except the nuts and bolts?
the jegan's frame and associated technology were probably used as the base blueprint by which the transformation technology from the gryps war era suits is added, but thats purely a starting point, after that comes the much more complicated design phase where the engineers have to mesh the associated components together, making alterations along the way in order to achieve the desired result with the best cost-to-performance ratio, and at least a dozen different changes and alterations will be made before the suit even comes close to entering the production phase

the reason the jegan was used in this case is due to the fact that at that point in time it was the benchmark for a decent mass production mobile suit that is both cost effective and has sufficiently advanced tech, and the federation is erring more towards having as few different variations of mobile suits as possible in order to reduce costs (its much cheaper to modify a preexisting mass production design than to make a completely new design from scratch or try to modify an advanced prototype to be cheap enough to mass produce without cutting corners (as demonstrated with the Zeta Plus series and the Re-GZ) you also get the advantage of parts commonality when all your mobile suits all draw from the same pool of components which reduces maintenence costs and allows for improved inventory storage)
Flag Fighter for life!
JEFFPIATT

one of the plot points of unicorn is that this is when the EFF starts cutting down on military spending and streamlining there supply chain. the Anksha is based on the successful Asshimar transformation scheme but to save on costs in incorporates parts form the Jegan series and only uses specialized parts when an Jegan part will not work. The EFF is starting to move to an UMP plan and by F91 it evolves in to an stagnation when they have three generations of ms deployed depending on where the battle is taking place.