Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 am 
Mecha Flunky

Does anyone have anything like.. the dimensions, weapons and complement statistics for the ( Neo Zeon/axis )Gwadan-class battleships from Zeta gundam/a new translation? Cause theres like no information anywhere that I can find on it and it's beginning to irk me quite a bit. xD I'd really like to know coz I guess I'm a lil' too curious so please and thank you. It's actually these questions that brought me here to this website in the first place. XP

"Death is but an instant, defeat- a long torment."

Oh and don't forget- "Seig Zeon!"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:09 am 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Mahq's profile on the Gwadan covers the weapons:

Armament: 2-barrel main gun x 2, 2-barrel secondary gun x 10, secondary gun x 4

Specs not included in the profile would be:

Propulsion: rocket engine x 21 (of various sizes).
Launch catapult: 4, including one on each side of the ship, one behind the upper main gun and a large one at the bottom of the ship that can supposedly rotate to launch MS in different directions.
Other features: large external propellant tank x 8, large Komusai x 2 (located right below each of the two side catapults. I have the cosmo fleet figure and they defintely look like the old style Komusais, upside down), throne room (image on Mahq's profile).

Regarding it's length, this is what Mark said in this thread:

toysdream wrote:
Speaking of Axis ships, and scaling based on shared features:

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/images/gwadan640.jpg

Here, I've scaled the Gwadan so that its external fuel tanks are the same size as those of the original Gwazine. This makes the Gwadan about 640 meters long, which seems fairly plausible, but the catapult decks and launcher turret seem too small for its mobile suits. Its gun turrets also look quite puny compared to those of the Gwazine. On the other hand, if we scale it up by 50 percent, it's just ridiculous:

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/images/gwadan960.jpg

As a compromise option, here's the Gwadan scaled up by 25 percent (in other words, so that its fuel tanks are 25 percent large than those of the Gwazine). This seems like a reasonable compromise; we can now imagine mobile suits fitting in its catapults, and it's somewhat larger than the Dogosse Gier, as the animation suggests:

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/images/gwadan800.jpg

In this scenario, the Gwadan would be about 800 meters long. That's still pretty humongous, and it makes the Gwazine and Gwanban look dwarfish by comparison.

-- Mark

However in this pic that Mark posted in this thread, the Gwadan seems to be twice as long as the Dogosse Gier. If the original Dogosse Gier is as long as the second ship of the class, the General Revil, it would be 600 meters long. In the picture the Gwadan seems to be almost twice as long, which would give it a lenght of 1,200 meters.

As for its MS capacity, although it's generally presumed that it can carry over a 100 MS, in this other thread, Mark points out that a common figure in videogames is 60 MS. I will point out that during the Gryps War Axis MS are mainly Gaza types, out of which 1 out of every 6 is a Gaza E while the rest are Gaza C.

Finally, in Zeta we can confirm the existance of 3 such ships, out of which the namesake of the class is destroyed during the Gryps War. The fate of the other two is unknown, although in Sentinel Gundam another Gwadan class, the Gwaley, briefly appears in the story.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:29 am 
Mecha Flunky

Thank you very much. xD

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:29 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

I didn't know the Gwadan had Komusais, nor did I knew they even made Komusais that big.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 am 
Mecha Flunky

Yeh, I had absolutely no idea they even bothered with komusai's for anything but musai class or musai-descendant class type warships.

Board index » Discussion » Mecha and Technology