Episode 11 - Apollo, Son of Zeus [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
wonton bob

- Salamis Kai-class Hades
- Pilot Lounge -

"Yeah, I knew you were Drossel," Picard lied, putting the tips of his fingers to his forehead melodramatically, "Well kid, I'm your commander, Picard Kamek. You've got saluting me down cold, which is a start. Soon enough you'll learn how to say 'sir'."

Jason unsure how to take that remark assumes the worst. He bites down on his tongue. Bah, it's EFSF all over again.

"Hey, you!" Kamek shouted, "You're Ens. Miller, aren't you?"

Jason looks over at the hulk standing in the doorway and smirks. Geez, what do they feed these people. Too bad we're all the same height in a 'Zack, buddy.

"Ens. Miller, Sir."

Jason's thoughts wonder about his fate, his teammates, the upcoming mission whatever THAT may be or when it will ever start. Jason is without worry. The earliest memories of his mother enter his mind. The only one he can clearly remember is of her reading:
A fierce unrest seethes at the core,
Of all existing things:,
It was the eager wish to soar...
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
RGM-79G GM Command

Ryo finds himself at the hanger and walks in when he sees the hanger is mostly filled with Marasais, 'Hmm this is nice guess they gave us some new MS while we were off the ship.' he then looks around in the cockpit of the one that was assigned to him auntil he finds the manual and begins to read it so that he can get an idea what the unit is like compared to his old GM II.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Bezerker

Dante turned toward Nick as he walked by. "I'll try to find him, are you going to be joining us in the simulation?" Dante asked. "You better, I don't want to have to do your job...which is training the new guy...jerk" Dante thought as he sighed. "I'd love to contiue talking ladies but I have been instructed to train our new Gamma pilot, see you ladies later" Dante said as he bowed before them and headed off to find the new guy.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

When Mercedes and Alexandra brought up their subject, they'd only intended it as a means to see what amusing response they'd get from Dante, who had a way with giving unintentionally amusing commentary. To have Nick chime in suddenly with an serious - and unnervingly true - observation wasn't what they'd expected.

When Nick turned to Dante to talk about some new pilot in Gamma Team, Mercedes tugged at Alexandra's sleeve. They both pushed gently off the floor with their feet to send themselves toward the exit of the suit bay. As they began this movement, though, Dante turned to them and said, "I'd love to continue talking, ladies, but I have been instructed to train our new Gamma pilot. See you ladies later." He added an odd little courtly bow.

With her hands clasped behind her back, Mercedes inclined her upper half forward slightly and gave a friendly, "I'd love to chat again, good sir."

Once the two were in a corridor and out of sight and earshot, Mercedes relaxed her shoulders, sighed, and rolled her eyes melodramatically. Alexandra giggled softly, which she hadn't done in a long while.

- Leandro Alvarez's Quarters -

Leandro was left, dazed and with a throbbing upper cheek from Nick's punch, as the white-haired pilot stormed out of the room. Aside from the punch, Leandro was left with the Lieutenant's words.

He was right, though, wasn't he? Moping around wouldn't help anything, and in fact would only make matters worse. Leandro had never been the type to wallow in self-pity, and this was no time to start.

Without a word, Leandro took off his uniform tunic and went over to start shaving. Thirty minutes? He could be, and has been, shaven and showered in half the time!

- Salamis Kai-class Hades -
- Pilot Lounge -

"So you're Ens. Miller, eh?" Picard rubbed his chin and rose an eyebrow, "I heard I'd be getting a big dumb ox as one of my pilots, but I guess I underestimated 'big'. I hope I'm not underestimating 'dumb', too."

Seeing Patrick was still at attention - and holding his breath - Picard scratched as his own right temple and said, "Uh, you can relax now, buddy. Take a seat or something, and we can take a look at your papers." Then his body changes rigidity in much the way a person does when he suddenly remembers something important. He pointed to Jason and said, "This is Ens. Jason Drossel right here, by the way."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
ORegan

with a big puff Patrick let the air out of his lungs and breathed in some fresher air when he was told to do so. He took the closest seat to him and placed his papers onto the table neatly in front of him.

"This is Ens. Jason Drossel right here, by the way."

With an upbeat voice Patrick said "hi Jason, did you get a chance to say hi to Zack?"
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
wonton bob

- Pilot Lounge -

With an upbeat voice Patrick said "hi Jason, did you get a chance to say hi to Zack?"

"Nice to meet you Miller." Jason replied and acted calmly but deep inside questions were racing about his towering teammate. I hope he's not talking about what I think he's talking about... Zack must be the other pilot, I hope..

With a raised brow Jason quickly comes up with an answer for the giant. "ahh no, sure haven't but if I see him I'll give him your regards, pal."

Jason sits motionless facing forward trying to avoid any further conversation with Miller. Hoping the Lieutenant will advance this awkward meeting.
Cardi Doorl

OOC: Alright fellas, we're probably gonna fast-forward to Luna soon, so don't fret about stagnation yet! You're free to do that later!

IC:
- Pilot Lounge -

So between the big guy with the brains of a bag of bricks, some boring rookie who'd given him some faux accent, and a third pilot who hadn't shown up and was thus a wild card...

Picard took his chances. As though he were still talking to Patrick, he said, "Anyway, enough about my new XO Drossel here. I'm your CO, Lt. Kamek. Call me M-Hover. When I say 'jump', the first thing you do is start jumping, then you ask 'How high?'. Hopefully that isn't too hard to understand."

He collected Patrick's papers and... handed them over to Jason. "Well, one of the duties of an XO is to handle paperwork when the CO can't take care of it all, so here you go, second-in-command. You understand I'm a busy guy, yeah?"

Without giving Jason an opportunity to respond, Picard went right on chattering as he stood from the couch. "Well fellas, good meeting you two. Just remember that when we get out there to fight the rebels or Zeon or whatever you wanna call 'em, we'll not only whip 'em, but we'll whip 'em better than those asshats from the Kirov who think they're all there is to this taskforce. I'll be taking care of important matters in the meantime."

He left the lounge to take care of important matters - which, to him, included sleeping in his quarters.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
ORegan

on board the Hades

"Yes Sir" Patrick said that directly after Picard's jumping phrase. to Patrick it was original and he never heard to before, so he thought it was badass, but unfortunately the jumping phrase has been used since the A.D. calender.

upon learning that Drossel's status as XO, he sat there very still, and awaited whatever order he would give him while his papers.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
wonton bob

- Pilot Lounge -

"Anyway, enough about my new XO Drossel here. I'm your CO, Lt. Kamek. Call me M-Hover. When I say 'jump', the first thing you do is start jumping, then you ask 'How high?'. Hopefully that isn't too hard to understand."

XO? Well, well. Things are looking up.

Lt. Kamek collected Patrick's papers and... handed them over to Jason. "Well, one of the duties of an XO is to handle paperwork when the CO can't take care of it all, so here you go, second-in-command. You understand I'm a busy guy, yeah?"

Then again maybe not.

After Lt. Kamek left, Jason slouched in his seat. "Well, It seems our CO is the type who hates doing things but likes to take all the credit unless something goes wrong then we get all the blame.. comes with the job, I guess. SO, our job is to make him look good." Jason thumbs through Patrick's papers and notices his lack of experience.

While Jason was with the EFSF he had taken part in a few skirmishes if you can call it that. It was more of a staged encounter for the books to keep the Titans off their backs. They had kept Drossel restrained during the sorties. It sickened him when the order to withdraw came, especially with no casualties on either side. It still pains him to think about it.

"Training in a GM..these Hizacks are a whole different monster.." Jason mumbles to himself. Having only a few weeks training on a 'Zack himself, he is fully aware of what it can do and what it can't. Especially against a Nemo the skirmishes taught him that.

"Listen Miller, while these garbage haulers are easy to operate they are barely able to handle what the AEUG have unless you're a skilled pilot. Your papers state that you can adapt easily but since you're still new -pair up and learn when we go out to fight. You don't have anything to prove out there, just follow orders and use your head."

hmm?

"For now just hit the books. Go to the hanger and get a manual from inside the 'Zack -learn the basics then hit the simulator. Once you got the operations down you can go in more detail about the Hizack later...hmm I haven't seen them myself. They're probably armed with the good old 120mm's." Jason scratches his head wondering if these papers should be filed somewhere.
ORegan

ON THE HADES

While his new XO was talking, Patrick stared blankly at Jason, taking in his every word. He wanted some cake. He was hungry and cake is awesome, a nice slice would feed his hunger nicely.

When Jason told him to read the manual and go into the sims he stood up and saluted Jason. "Yes sir, will do that immediately" Patrick left the room and went back out into the hanger and got a manual from a pile that were on as desk. He sat down on a bench and started to read it, but very very very slowly, lingering on every sentence as if to grasp them into his head.