Episode 27 - Transition [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Inferno

Re: Episode 27 - Transition [4th]

-The Hamburg-
-Briefing room-

With both Kite and Paris in the briefing room, Kou addressed the two active pilots.

"At ease, soldiers. I'm Lieutenant Kou Uraki, and I will be your new commanding officer here until further notice. Before I begin, I thought I should just go on about myself a bit. I was a veteran of the Delaz Crisis, serving on board the Albion. I've had a lot of experience as a test pilot, with both mobile suits and mobile armors. Before I was here, I served on the Balrampur."

He sighed, finishing his introduction. "With that out of the way, I'd like to start by asking a question." He turned to Paris. "Will Al be able to fight in the next few days? From what I've gathered his Nemo should be fixed, and we'll need all possible assistance for what's coming next."
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 -

- The Dervish -
- Mess Hall -

"I was curious if this was an isolated problem or not, as my Kanone Dias had problems during Maelstrom. First there was the launching issue at the catapult, which slowed your team down Eddie. The radio was half working, I could hear messages but not send them. And no matter how many times I recalibrated it, the targeting crosshairs would always be out of alignment, then the whole targeting system went offline when... When that blue suit made its run on the Balmrampur," Adam listed a handful of problems, trailing off when he got to the lost ship. What little conversation there was at nearby tables seemed to quiet a bit at the mention of the Balrampur. "Sounds like a bunch of isolated stuff to me. Catapult screws up every now and then. Radio and targeting systems are totally unconnected, unless the AE dudes totally changed the way the things are set up on the Kanone. S*** happens, man, sometimes all at once," Eddie shrugged it off.

Fritz frowned slightly. "I didn't think the Kanone had that many problems... It sounds like you should have a chat with Merkwürdigliebe to make sure it's a coincidence," he suggested, the doctor's name rolling off Fritz' tongue much smoother than it did most of the other crew.

- Hallway -

Michiko left the ready room not long after Jacob, and immediately looked up and down the hall in time to see him round the corner headed for the hangar. She kicked off the floor to follow him, using her hands and feet against the walls to move faster than a gripper would have moved her. "Jacob!" she called out as she found the corridor he was in.

- Hangar -

"Different direction?! Is that all Anaheim is interested in? Selling to whoever they want in order to make money? Do you even care who wins this? Or are you already trying to get in touch with those Zeon nuts and try to sell them some Mobile Suits?" Sophie accused, getting more agitated with the doctor... At least that's what Rem hoped. He honestly didn't know what was going on with Dr. M's project. He had mentioned M.156 before but it was all theoretical - based on combat data from Titans and AEUG mobile suits and weapons platforms they had been tinkering with. But if M.156 was that blue... thing they had been watching since the Gate of Zedan...

"Sophie, my, er, connections to ZEON," he said, involuntarily raising his voice into a clipped zealous yell at the would-be independent principality's name, "Are in der past,". His hand squirmed as he struggled to keep it from shooting into the air in a salute. "Besides," he chuckled, calming himself down again, "If I did not believe in the AEUG and its ability to accomplish its mission, would I be on this ship now? No, my dear, the Titans are finished and Anaheim Electronics will be there to sell technology to the AEUG and the Federation once again... which I expect will be one in the same in not, ah, a terribly long time,".

"Doctor," Rem said, pointing to the sketch of the blue MS arm, "If that is from M.156, and the mobile suit we've been observing and trying to compile data for is one and the same - even if you had nothing to do with the project going forward from the concept stage - wouldn't that mean we could help the AEUG or at least the 4th counter it better? Don't you have any information you could give them?". Dr. M thought about it for a moment and then sat his papers back down on the table to remove and clean his glasses. He wiped his forehead and the bridge of his nose with his handkerchief and slowly said, "I have yet to, eh, have the pleasure of working on a Gundam. There are radicals who share my sort of, ah, experience would equate doing so to devil worship,". He tittered hollowly at his metaphor.

Continuing seriously, he put his glasses back on and said, "Mr. Banner, Ms. Coggs, if that blue mobile suit is M.156 and the company has constructed her in the manner we had hoped to progress to beyond the testing and prototype stage, then it is just as much a devil. I fear for every pilot in this fleet if that is the truth,". He stared at the deck plates for a few moments and then added, "I will review my papers. Whatever I can do to help you, I will."

- The Hamburg -
- Sick Bay -

"D-did that just happen?" a crimson-faced Al muttered, his hand pressed to his cheek where Paris had kissed him. "I believe it did, ensign, or we're both delirious," the doctor said as he approached his bed. He looked over Al's vitals and gave him a quick neurological examination. "Uh, doctor..." Al said snapping out of his daze a bit, "Lt. Uraki-". The doctor laughed and interrupted his question, "Not a chance you're getting up to go. Not yet. I don't want you flailing around in the hallways hitting your head,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
King Monkey

The Dervish
- Hallway -

Jacob hardly noticed the world around him. His full attention was on his rage at what Celeste and Celeine were trying to do. It seemed that no one was able to focus on what was really important. All that mattered was destroying the Titans. Why couldn't everyone see that?

Michiko's call barely penetrated his consciousness. He glanced back and saw her bouncing along the hall to catch up with him. For a moment, he turned his head away, returning his attention to the hallway ahead of him.

He sighed and released the gripper, brushing his hands against the wall to slow himself down. He still wasn't adept in zero gravity so he bounced around a little awkwardly before coming to a halt.

"What?" he snapped without meeting her eyes.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

"I didn't think the Kanone had that many problems..." Fritz frowned, "It sounds like you should have a chat with Merkwürdigliebe to make sure it's a coincidence."

"Heh, good luck with that one," Eddie smirked, knowing the odd nature of the doctor.

"It can't hurt to make sure everything is fine," Marvin put in quietly, not taking his eyes off his hamburger.

"Yeah..." Eddie admitted, before the grin showed up, "Fred, you speak German. Maybe you should go talk to Dr. Merky. Probably easier for him to get across his weird ideas."
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

"Sounds like a bunch of isolated stuff to me. Catapult screws up every now and then. Radio and targeting systems are totally unconnected, unless the AE dudes totally changed the way the things are set up on the Kanone. S*** happens, man, sometimes all at once," Eddie shrugged it off.

"I didn't think the Kanone had that many problems..." Fritz frowned, "It sounds like you should have a chat with Merkwürdigliebe to make sure it's a coincidence."

"Heh, good luck with that one," Eddie smirked, knowing the odd nature of the doctor.

"It can't hurt to make sure everything is fine," Marvin put in quietly, not taking his eyes off his hamburger.

"Yeah..." Eddie admitted, before the grin showed up, "Fred, you speak German. Maybe you should go talk to Dr. Merky. Probably easier for him to get across his weird ideas."

"its ok, i'm sure i'l manage to figure out what he's saying" trask replied after finishing off his cake "although, if there is someone that needs talking to its Wes, he's boarded himself up in the dorms and hasn't come out for at least a week"

"in any case, i'm off to speak with the good doctor" with that trask stood up "thanks for the help guys" he then left he mess hall and headed for the hangar

-Hangar-

"soo......" wales said after long silence when he told irene his name, finding the length of silence rather uncomfortable, mentally he hunted around for something relevant to add but was comming up with blanks, shrugging he turned and leant back against the wall.

"i'm assuming you know where the mess hall is" he finally said in an effort to drum up conversation, partially because he heard his stomach rumble, not that he had any intention of going back there yet, as he looked up he noticed bernard korbel standing on a catwalk, gripping the railing like he trying to crush it.

-The Hamburg-
-Briefing room-

as uraki introduced himself, paris remained silent, a pen and notepad ready to jot down anything useful that al needed to know, while trying to avoid showing any embarrasment over her actions in the sick bay

"Will Al be able to fight in the next few days? From what I've gathered his Nemo should be fixed, and we'll need all possible assistance for what's coming next."

jolted out of her thoughts by kou's question sent her way, paris cleared her throat before she replied
"he..seemed alright, but thats really a question you'd have to ask the doctor, sir."
Flag Fighter for life!
The Loser Villain

-The Dervish-
- Hangar -

"Mr. Banner, Ms. Coggs, if that blue mobile suit is M.156 and the company has constructed her in the manner we had hoped to progress to beyond the testing and prototype stage, then it is just as much a devil. I fear for every pilot in this fleet if that is the truth. I will review my papers. Whatever I can do to help you, I will."

After a moment Dr. M's words sunk in, "Thank you," Sophie said with a trace of anger still in her voice. The Dr. had made some good points and Rem had asked the most important question that her anger had prevented. "I just... that Mobile Suit is terrifying and I just couldn't help..."

Clearing her throat as she walked over to a chair and brush the perspiration off her forehead. "I'm sorry," sighed from her lips, "That Blue Mobile Suit is a Devil and I just can't stand to see the carnage they cause amongst out forces."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Inferno

-The Hamburg-
-Briefing room-

Kou nodded. "In that case, could you please check with them after the briefing, Ensign?"

He proceeded into his discussion of what was likely common knowledge. "As you all know, we have recently secured the Gryps II Colony laser. From what the higher-ups are saying, Gryps II is the game-breaker. Whoever holds it holds the earth and all the colonies. For this reason, the Titans and Axis Zeon will be attempting to seize it at all costs."

He paused to let that sink in. They needed to know how high the stakes were. Kou continued:

"After Operation Maelstrom, we have reason to suspect a coup has taken place in the Titans. Bask Om has likely been assassinated, giving full control to Paptimus Sirocco. Sirocco is massing all the Titans forces outside of Gryps II for a massive push for the laser. We don't know when they'll attack, but we do know that they'll have to eventually. So I need you to be ready to go at any moment.

On that note, there's a good chance that this next Titans attack will be the last one. Almost every Titan in the earthsphere is going to be coming at us. This will be all-or-nothing. We don't think they're considering retreat or surrender. That means you need to be ready. We are going up against a desperate force. Those Titans will be fighting for their lives out there and we need to be ready for whatever they've got. You've got to be at your best. No mistakes at all.

Speaking of mistakes: We are up against a massive force of Titans. I know some of us have personal grudges to settle. Personally, I'd love to find the bastard who wrecked the Balrampur and rip him a new one. But we don't have time to go after these things. I can testify from first-hand experience that ignoring common sense for the sake of a rivalry is a bad idea, and I'm sure more than a few pissed-off Anaheim Engineers would agree. So keep cool and play it safe. Know your limits. Even if you don't have any, the Nemo does. We can't all afford to go flying around in Gundams, so remember what you can take on."

With that solemn briefing out of the way, he addressed his new squadmates. "Any questions?"
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

"I think we should be moving on, captain," Capt. Boles nodded via video connection, tugging at the brim of his cap by way of a small salute . The Rockhampton and her companion ship had put some more distance between themselves and the Dervish as they peacefully oversaw the transfer of supplies from the "civilian" transports. Things were close to wrapping up, and the EFSF officer had contacted the 4th's flagship again to notify them of their departure. Abbey clasped his hands behind his back and returned Benton's nod, "Thank you for your assistance, captain. Even if your superior is being compensated for this little trip, you don't have to be here,". Benton smiled faintly and answered, "No, I don't,". He rested back in his command chair and continued, "Again, I can't speak officially for the Spacy, but I want you to know that you're not alone out here. Somebody up the chain has to have pulled their head out of their ass by now,".

Abbey chuckled, "Only if the Federal military has changed since I left."

- Mess Hall -

"Heh, good luck with that one," Eddie retorted. "It can't hurt to make sure everything is fine," Marvin said, still poking at his food without getting too involved in the conversation. "Yeah... Fred, you speak German. Maybe you should go talk to Dr. Merky. Probably easier for him to get across his weird ideas," Eddie suggested. "It's OK, I'm sure I'll manage to figure out what he's saying, although, if there is someone that needs talking to its Wes, he's boarded himself up in the dorms and hasn't come out for at least a week," Trask said, waving away the help. "In any case, I'm off to speak with the good doctor. Thanks for the help guys," he said, standing up to leave.

Fritz watched him walk away and blew out a breath, "Wes has been quiet and has kept to himself a little before, but that sounds like trouble,". He ran a hand through his hair and shook his head, "I feel bad that we didn't really make him feel like a part of Team 1, and then Heyden...". He trailed off after mentioning Pan and his jaw set. He forced himself to avoid making himself angry. He leaned back, pushing his tray and the food left on it away from him. "I think I'll head back to the hangar myself before I take a break. Talk to Wes if you think about it later,".

- Hallway -

"What?!" Jacob snarled as he clumsily brought himself to a stop. Michiko ran a hand across the wall to slow herself a few feet behind him. She stared at him silently for a few seconds, her brows knit as he avoided making eye contact. "What's wrong with you?" she asked finally, her tone pointed but concerned, "What's gotten into you, Jacob? This isn't like you,". She fidgeted with her hands as she waited for him to actually look at her. He had changed so much since she had first met him.

- Hangar -

"Thank you. I just... that Mobile Suit is terrifying and I just couldn't help..." Sophie said after a few moments of processing what the doctor had revealed to them. She walked towards one of the seats in their makeshift office and dabbed sweat from her forehead. "I'm sorry," she sighed, "That Blue Mobile Suit is a Devil and I just can't stand to see the carnage they cause amongst out forces,". Dr. M nodded and his shoulders drooped. "I can't believe they built one... More than one...".

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

"So that's it, then," Loweno said, his voice barely above a whisper. He stared through the bridge windows at the wreck of the Balrampur, a large section of its green bulk still slowly spinning close to where it had been strafed by that Titans mobile suit. The last launch was ferrying recovered material and miscellaneous items from the lost ship back to the Hamburg so that they could be used elsewhere in the fleet, and with that trip their cheerless side-mission was coming to an end. There had been successful rescues within the first day or two after Maelstrom, which had served to buoy the morale of the ship and the rest of the 4th somewhat, but beyond those too-few joyous moments in the first 48 hours their work had slowly turned into a recovery mission. There had been a fleetwide funeral service held to serve for the entire AEUG almost a week previously, but the Hamburg continued to conduct burials periodically as remains were brought aboard.

"This place is a mass grave," Lt. Stalvern said, eerily echoing his captain's thoughts. Loweno slowly rubbed his chin and muttered, "Just like the rest of the earthsphere."

- The New Yark -
- Ready Room -

Hard AE slowly shuffled a deck of well-used playing cards as he eyeballed Thibaut and Stamble from behind his sunglasses. "You can't be sure about it. I saw the same thing you did," Chareux said, shaking his head. "Hey~. I know what I saw. No mistake," Ramon hooted as he began to deal the next hand. Thibaut mulled that over for a moment and then said, "Let's say you're right... Don't you think you should say something to somebody?". "Huh? Who are you guys talking about anyway?" Stamble grunted as he took the cards dealt to him to keep them from floating away. Thibaut looked to Ramon who simply shrugged, so he hesitated a moment before explaining, "The guy we're talking about - Pan Heyden - was a pilot in our team. Ramon says one of the mobile suits we saw during Maelstrom was him...". Stamble sat there for a moment and then snorted, "So? It happens with a group like the AEUG. Guy gets separated during a battle while we're trying to get out and gets himself declared KIA, and--". He stopped when he saw the looks he was getting from the other men. "Wait a minute," he muttered, "You mean he was in one of those enemy mobile suits?".

Thibaut's vision dropped to the deck and he said, "One of the Titans ones...". He quickly looked up and added, "But neither of us are sure about what we saw. It could be anybody,". Stamble stared at Thibaut and then Ramon, who broke the brief silence by asking, "Say, say - do you know if Mart plays cards?".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

"It's ok, I'm sure I'll manage to figure out what he's saying. Although, if there is someone that needs talking to its Wes, he's boarded himself up in the dorms and hasn't come out for at least a week." Trask stood. "In any case, I'm off to speak with the good doctor. Thanks for the help, guys," And just as quickly, Adam was on his way out.

"Wes has been quiet and has kept to himself a little before, but that sounds like trouble," Fritz shook his head, "I feel bad that we didn't really make him feel like a part of Team 1, and then Heyden..." Fritz pushed his tray away from him and leaned back. "I think I'll head back to the hangar myself before I take a break. Talk to Wes if you think about it later."

"Like he wants to talk to anyone," Marvin spat quietly at the mention of Curren, poking at his own cake with his fork.

Eddie frowned at Marvin's reaction. "What Cowboy is saying," He sighed, "Is Wes doesn't like us. He was in our team, what, three months? Basically avoided us the whole time, seemed half offended to be with us idiots," The grin shot back to his face. "I dunno, maybe he's just a loner, but I stopped trying to talk to him on anything not related to combat a long time ago." Eddie admitted with a shrug.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
King Monkey

The Dervish
- Hallway -

Jacob used his awkwardness as a shield, bobbing around a bit more and exaggerating it so that he would not have to look at Michiko or answer her question for a few seconds more.

"Nothing," he finally barked. "I just don't like people treating this like a game. Clute's dead. He's dead! And they want to save one of the people who helped..."

He trailed off, having finally looked fully at her. He knew in that moment and not an instant that what he was saying was a lie. Truthfully, if they could redeem one of the Titans, some of his faith in the world would be renewed.

"It's just not fair," he all but whispered, the words all but drowned out in the background noise that fills an active ship.

"I became a Mobile Suit pilot to make things better. To be like the knights in the old stories. To go out and beat the bad guys and save the innocent and prove to everyone that justice always wins.

"But justice doesn't always win. Clute was a good man and that blue devil out there is a monster. If Clute can die and he can live then I just don't know if the world is worth saving. I mean, how can the universe let that happen?"

He balled his hands into fists, his teeth gritting. "I have to kill him. If I don't kill him then nothing we've fought for means anything. We're saving a world that doesn't deserve to be saved."
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

seeing that his attempts at conversation were going nowhere, wales politely excused himself and exited the hangar needing to go somewhere to clear his head, however as he rounded the corner in one of the hallways he saw jacob and michiko talking, at first he was going to just ignore them and continue onwards but something jacob said made him stop

"I became a Mobile Suit pilot to make things better. To be like the knights in the old stories. To go out and beat the bad guys and save the innocent and prove to everyone that justice always wins."

is he serious? that sounds pretty naive by any standard

"But justice doesn't always win. Clute was a good man and that blue devil out there is a monster. If Clute can die and he can live then I just don't know if the world is worth saving. I mean, how can the universe let that happen?"

is this guy for real??

"I have to kill him. If I don't kill him then nothing we've fought for means anything. We're saving a world that doesn't deserve to be saved."

I've heard just about enough of this

"oh come on." the rookie exclaimed, making his pressence known. "don't you think your overreacting just a little bit here? your writing off the entire world as a loss because of one person."

- different part of the hangar -

reaching the door, trask raised his hand to knock on the door but paused when he heard muffled voices comming from behind it.

"That Blue Mobile Suit is a Devil and I just can't stand to see the carnage they cause amongst out forces,"

"I can't believe they built one... More than one..."

are they talking about those blue suits? he wondered before opening the door anyway, forgeting completely about knocking

"hi Dr M, sorry for barging in like this but i had some urgent questions regarding the Kanone dias and.." Trask stopped mid sentence when he saw the room, several papers were scattered all over the place, and it generally looked like there had been an argument "...is this a bad time?"

-The Hamburg-
-Briefing Room-

"In that case, could you please check with them after the briefing, Ensign?"

"Y-yes sir." Paris answered and remianed silent for the reaminder of the briefing, finding herself paying extra attention to the last part regarding personal grudges, her thoughts went back to that lunatic they encountered during operation maelstrom, but she immediately took kou's advice to heart and pushed said thought out of her head, it was just one mobile suit, and the chances of encountering it again were incredibly slim so she felt it best not to worry about it

"Any questions?" kou asked after he finished his briefing, paris raised her hand to get his attention

"Sir. how closely will we be operating with the other mobile suit teams?" she asked, voicing her fears about the squad being on its own like last time.
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

-The Hamburg-
-Briefing Room-

Kou sighed. "I don't know. I'd like to think that we'll have some support, but in case we don't, you need to be able to fight independently. There's a very good chance that we could get stretched thin in these upcoming fight, having to cover every angle. In that case, I guess you'll just have to depend on your own skill, with a bit of luck."

Kou looked around the room. "If there are no more questions, consider yourself dismissed."
wonton bob

-The Dervish-
- Hangar -

Bernard Korbel

As the moment passes, he loosens his grip and mentally returns to the hanger. Noticing Irene just standing around he barks a few words without caring who she was or rank she held.

"Yo, Enough with the daydream and get to work!"

Almost as if he was reprimanding himself, he decides to take heed.

we've little time and wasting it isn't helping us get ready for the final showdown

Bernard hurries over to his B-type to assist the techs tuning up the computer components on the mobile suit.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Tangerine

-The Dervish-
- Hangar -

"Yo, Enough with the daydream and get to work!" someone shouted at Irene's direction. She wasn't daydreaming. Low blood pressure and fatigue put a burden on her small body. Loves working by nature, taking people’s expectation to her heart and can be very demanding upon herself Irene was prone to overworked. If gravity was present she might collapsed, something she didn’t want to happen least the doctor might barred her from flying. She felt bad about leaving Wales out in cold but she couldn’t resist such sudden dizziness.

Just a slight headache, I can’t back out now there are things to do before the time runs out… I won’t let go this good opportunity to prepare my fight if that blue MS ever appears again.

Dizziness strikes again... Maybe few hours of sleeping is not a bad idea. That should fix this

Irene gazed around and found Wales already occupied with someone else. She decided to get something to eat before retiring early for the day. Sleeping on empty stomach just won't cut for her. Walked or rather floated carefully as her head was still dizzy she made her way to the mess hall. She took a tray and decided to get a full meal. Consist of something like chicken stir fry, some garden salad and two small pieces of brownies. Not a very good combination, at least visually. For a moment or two she almost returned her tray but she’s not in mood for another hamburger and fries.

When picking a spot to eat she noticed a familiar face, Fritz along with another veterans pilots like Eddie. Picking up a table near them, she peacefully helped herself to the meal.
Kite_Ishma

Hamburg, briefing room

Kite nodded as the briefing ended and let a sigh pass his lips. "Independent combat abilities... Well the Hamburg is a tight group from what I know. A lot like the Seattle was." A bit of silence hungg through the air after he said that name. It was a little taboo to him, yet oddly it was the nickname he had been given. "Well in anycase, when thiat other guy gets better, and assuming we'll have time. We should probably drill in the sims with eachother. Just a thought of course." He yawned brushing his hair back from over his eyes. "Oh by the way, Paris was it? It's just fair to inform you that you owe me a drink for saving you."

A light chuckle left his throat as he walked out. His attentioon going back to the pad in hius hand and data on the enemy machines. "Better to be safe than sorry, I always say."
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

"All supplies have been secured, sir. We should have everything distributed to the New Yark and Hamburg within a few hours once Capt. Loweno returns," Jane reported, clearing a video screen that showed a feed from the hangar of the crew moving the last of the large containers to a safe spot. Filmore leaned back in his seat and chimed in, "The Rockhampton and her friends are pulling away, captain,". Abbey nodded to them as he rested in his command chair, watching the thruster flares of the EFSF ships grow larger as they turned away from the fleet to leave the area. Capt. Boles had wished them luck more than once during his brief visit. Was their position that impracticable? He shook his head to clear his thoughts. They would be very busy right up until it was time to defend the laser, and the things Gates had sent them would surely be vital. They still needed some spare parts after the beating they took during Maelstrom, and personnel were being shifted around to meet work shortages among the crews of the remaining ships to make sure they could continue to prepare around the clock.

"Jane, if you would, send a message to Capt. Boles," the captain said, resting his hands on the arms of his chair, "Ask him to RSVP for our victory party at Gryps 2 and tell him he's more than welcome to show before it starts,".

- Hallway -

Michiko slowly moved towards Jacob after his loud outburst and sudden switch to quiet, intense emotion as he explained himself. "I have to kill him. If I don't kill him then nothing we've fought for means anything. We're saving a world that doesn't deserve to be saved," he insisted, his hands clenched tightly and his jaw set. "Jacob, tha--" Michiko began quietly, reaching for his arm, but she was interrupted by Wales' incredulous admonitions. "Oh, come on! Don't you think you're overreacting just a little bit here?" Ingleshard said with a bit of a sneer, "You're writing off the entire world as a loss because of one person,". Michi rested her hands on her hips and said, "You're not helping, Wales,". She looked to Jacob and continued a little more gently, "You're right, Jacob, justice doesn't always win. My home colony was taken by the Titans and used like a disposable weapon with no regard to the people that lived there..."

She flushed a little as she thought about 27th Bunch, a subject she had not brought up for a long time because it was too painful. The image in her mind of the place she had been born and raised, her family home, her neighborhood, smashing into the dead, dusty surface of Luna because of one of Bask or Jamitov's plans for revenge against the AEUG... "We can't allow ourselves to be held hostage by dwelling on the injustices of the past," she said, blinking away dampness at the corners of her eyes, "Humanity can define its own future without being enslaved by history... I don't want you to be killed because of your desire for revenge."

- Hangar -

"Hi Dr. M, sorry for barging in like this but I had some urgent questions regarding the Kanone Dias and..." Trask stopped mid sentence, "...is this a bad time?". Having come from a different direction so that he had completely missed Michiko, Jacob and Wales in a different connecting corridor, Fritz was hot on Adam's heels. "Huh?" he asked as he craned his neck to look into the room past Trask, "Is something wrong?". Rem smiled weakly and began to gather up loose papers, "No, no. Sorry, just our normal mess,". Dr. M shook his head and looked to Adam and Fritz the way he had looked to Sophie before and said quietly, "I do apologize if, eh, I am responsible in some way for that blue mobile suit,". He shrugged tiredly, "The Marasai was intended to be an AEUG suit, as you may be aware. This M.156 is a further development of the line, and it seems that someone within the company saw fit to progress to the testing phase and give one or more of them to the Titans,".

"Blue mobile suit?" Fritz asked, his brow furrowed, "You mean like the one that killed Clute? And Terrace? And a dozen of those transformable Zeke MS?". Merkwürdigliebe cringed slightly at the word 'Zeke' but nodded dejectedly. "That, ah, certainly appears to be the case. And thinking back to the, eh, footage I witnessed, it seems that there are at least three of them being operated. Perhaps more, as the Hamburg was grazed by some sort of long-range mega particle weapon from within the debris zone the fleet was so close to," he admitted. "<What?>" Fritz blurted in German, moving past Trask to grab Dr. M by the collar of his coat, "<You can't be serious about this. We're DYING out there fighting these things and you know what they are and what they're capable of?!>". Dr. M, who had started sweating bullets again, nervously held up a hand to defend himself and rapidly answered, "<Eh, no, no, that's not it at all! M.156 was a design I worked on, but it wasn't supposed to be built until I was there to supervise its testing!>". "<I've got that THING to thank for two dead comrades - friends - and partially for this hole in my arm!>" Fritz growled, pulling the doctor closer to his bandaged shoulder.

"Please, Fritz, control yourself!" Rem interjected, stepping closer to separate the two, "The doctor has already told us he had nothing to do with them beyond the design stages,". Ashlyn released his grip on the doc's collar and took a deep breath. "I p-promise," Dr. M said, fighting his wild hand and his own nervous tic, "By the time you, eh, sortie against the Titans again, I'll have some kind of data for you all! I swear!".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

King Monkey

Jacob had forgotten that Michiko was from the colony that had been dropped on the Moon. Even if no one she knew had been killed, the idea that the place she'd grown up was completely gone was tragic and horrifying. His own home had been radically altered by war but he could at least return someday and see it.

He wasn't normally an affectionate person, but combat had made Michiko an old friend, even if they hadn't known each other for long. Their shared sorrow was enough for him to reach out and give her a hug.

"I'm sorry," he murmured. "This war has hurt all of us. It's stolen people we love from all of us. I'll be careful. I don't plan on making myself another casualty for people to have to mourn."

He drew away then, turning to face Wales and staring him down.

"And what do you fight for? I'm not writing off the world because of one man, I'm writing off the world because he's just a symbol of an organization that is corrupt and dangerous.

"I'm writing off the world because a good man died and a bad man still lives. Actually, a lot of good men have died at this bad man's hands. He has to be stopped. If no one kills him he's going to just keep on killing and who knows how many good people will die. You think I'm taking him too seriously? You should take this maniac more seriously."

EZero8

--Hallway--

A breath of fresh air. Or at least as fresh as recycled air can get. Curren couldn't help but feel a little liberated from his room after his migrane had subsided a bit. There was still a mild ache of course, though not as head splitting as earlier. At the very least, he can now feel that he was more hungry than he was in pain. When was the last time he had eaten? Hell, what was the last thing he even ate?

Stepping out of his room for the first time in what seems like an eternity, Wes adjusted his sunglasses for his still-sensitive eyes as he made a bee-line towards the mess hall. He felt goofy wearing them in such an environment, and the others might even think he was trying to be cool acting like that one Quattro Bageena douche, but he had a good reason to wear them in such a brightly lit ship. Though, Wes attempted to avoid contact with anyone so as to avoid having to explain himself.

"What a bother that'd be..." he says as he sighs to himself. As if right on cue, he turns the corner and finds Wales in the middle of a heated conversation with Jacob and Michiko, catching the tail end of the conversation. Something about taking a maniac seriously? What's more, Wes had never seen Jacob seething with such pent up anger before, which only made him assume that Wales initiated the confrontation and touched a few testy nerves. Just his luck...

"Yo, Wales! Quit stirring up trouble and get over here," he called out before switching his attention to Team 1. He grimaced a little when he turned his head gingerly. "Sorry about that guys. I'll make sure this guy doesn't bother you again."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-hallway-

uncaring for michiko's admonishment, ingleshard crossed his arms and proped one shoulder against the wall, waiting for the moment to pass so he could hear what jacob had to say, but before he could reply, wes suddenly showed up out of nowhere and yelled at him

"Yo, Wales! Quit stirring up trouble and get over here."

"p*** off" Wales retorted dismissively at Wes before adressing jacob

"Me? I'm just trying to get this over with so that there will be enough of the world left to enjoy for a while before another lunatic gets the bright idea of launching a colony at it

as for good people dying, tell me something i don't know, everyone i knew on the Balrampur and the only person who bothered to give me the time of day on this crate were wasted by that 'bad man' and his buddies, but you don't see me becoming like mad max over it, for the same reason i don't swear vengeance on every zeke out there for dropping one of those colonies on the giant brown island i once called home, because i still have some f***ing dignity.

That pilot in the blue suit is a relic, he ain't the first maniac to set foot on a battlefield and he won't be the last, fortunately people like that tend to have very short lifespans before imploding.

and lastly, bad things have been happening to good people since the dawn of time, thats life. deal with it."

-Hangar-

Adam could do little more but stand there stunned as Fritz blew past him a flurry of activity grabbing the Dr by the collar before the two had a heated conversation in german, but that wasn't what shocked him the most.

what shocked him to the core was the revelation that Dr. M had designed the blue mobile suits that had been tearing up the 4th, by the time that Ashlyn had released him Trask had snapped out of his stupor, but still found himself somewhat lost for words. nevertheless he moved to Dr.M's defence, giving the man the benefit of the doubt.

"hey, it's alright, it's ok" he said in the most reassuring tone he could muster "its not like any of us could've foresaw those things and what they'd do."

-The Hamburg-
-Briefing Room-

"I don't know. I'd like to think that we'll have some support, but in case we don't, you need to be able to fight independently. There's a very good chance that we could get stretched thin in these upcoming fight, having to cover every angle. In that case, I guess you'll just have to depend on your own skill, with a bit of luck."

That's what i was afraid of. Paris thought as Kou dismissed them. with a sigh she went for the door so as to get to back to Al to update him on whats happening and find out whether he was clear for pilot duty, only to be stopped briefly by Kite Ishma

"Oh by the way, Paris was it? It's just fair to inform you that you owe me a drink for saving you." Kite told her witha chuckle as he exited the room to which paris found herself cringing slightly

Ignore him. she told herself before continuing towards the sick bay
Flag Fighter for life!