Episode 27 - The End [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 27 - The End [TE]

TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Cardi Doorl

Re: Episode 27 - The End [TE]

- Near Gryps 2 -
- Titans Main Fleet -

Autonomous Taskforce Echo’s reunion with the remainder of the Titan forces en route to Gryps 2 space was without fanfare. They fell quietly in line with the mass of vessels trailing the Jupitris. Orsino Gerwulf’s guess had been correct; Bask Om had died while AEUG and Zeon fought at Gryps 2, and Paptimus Scirocco had assumed command of the Titans.

Their star had been falling since the Dakar debacle, but the Titans still had a formidable fleet. For just under two weeks, Scirocco had been gathering all remaining forces still loyal to the black uniform to his rendezvous point some distance outside Gryps 2 airspace. It was no secret to any rank that he was massing every man and machine he had for an imminent large-scale offensive operation to regain control of the Gryps 2 colony laser. Controlling the superweapon could easily swing the war back in favor of the elite organization, and with both the AEUG and Axis having lost a good deal of strength in Operation Maelstrom the Titans had some reason to be optimistic about their chances of rising up.

Apparently in the interest of not bothering with details that would tie up the leadership with paperwork, the new command swept some of Taskforce Echo’s “administrative issues” - from Herakles Team engaging enemy forces in spite of orders to the messy friendly-fire incident between the Kirov’s Beta and Gamma teams - quietly under the rug with noncommittal citations for all involved parties.

17 February UC 0088
08:03 Coordinated Universal Time

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Shuttle Bay -

Commander Andrewson Trent pushed off from the launch into the Kirov after returning from what promised to be one of the last face-to-face meeting Scirocco had commanded of major unit commanders. The date for the offensive had been set; it was only a matter of organizing the rather large force collected under the Titan flag.

- Corridor -

Delta Team leader Leandro Fulgencio Alvarez intercepted Echo’s commander at a gripper junction. The young man had vigorously taken up the challenge of leading an MS team, and it showed in his demeanor. Despite his developing confidence, however, Leandro noticeably paused upon coming close enough to see Trent’s face in detail. After only a blink, Leandro composed himself a saluted.

“Commander Trent,” he said, “What’s the news from the Jupitris?”

Trent had to work his jaw briefly before speaking; his mouth was dry what felt perpetually for the past month or so. “Get your team ready, Leandro. We’re moving out on the 20th. We should have firing solutions for your support units. The auxiliary unit Scirocco put under my command should put more distance between your unit and the enemy, so you can line up your shots. Now get some rest; I know you haven’t been sleeping, what with all the work you’re doing around the ship.”

Leandro’s lower lip twisted only slightly as Trent took another gripper and was pulled away. The atmosphere aboard the Kirov was not the kind that encouraged taking the time to sleep; those days were long gone.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Inferno

- Salamis Kai-class Herakles -
- Mess Hall -

Despite Marco's wishes, news of Orsino's guess had spread around the ship around the same time the news of Bask Om's death. It had made Orsino somewhat of a celebrity, which meant Marco was now his agent.

As the the MS team sat down to eat lunch, Criss looked over at Marco and Orsino, who sat opposite of each other. Orsino was naturally happy, enjoying his newfound attention and how it irritated Marco. He had been trying to use the new disciplinary system to torment his supervisor for his own amusement. Even if Marco couldn't show it, Orsino knew he was digging into his skin.

Meanwhile Marco himself was next to Criss. She had been depending on him more and more as a mentor, someone to hep her become a better shot and stay calm in frantic situations. It was quite the development.

A group of techies walked up to the booth. "Uuuuuuuh, Enisgn Gerwulf?"

"Ok, fine, go ahead," growled Marco.

Orsino smirked and gave them that same hyena grin. "Yes?"

"We heard you predicted the death of Bask."

"I did."

"So what do you think'll happen next, then?" With that question, more eyes were on the MS team. Marco twitched a bit, knowing how much that psycho was loving the attention.

"Well, Sirocco's got the entire fleet together. That means that basically this next attack is gonna be all-or-nothing. We either get the laser back and finish the AEUG and Axis..." He paused for effect. Everyone got a bit nervous about what he was going to say next.

"...Or we all die, either blown to pieces by their guns, or executed after being declared war criminals. The stakes are high on this one, gentlemen." Orisno chuckled at went back to his meal, while the visibly shaken crewmen went back to eat somewhere else. Nobody seemed to be interested in asking what was more likely.

"Why do you have to be so grim?" Criss asked.

"Because it's a grim world, honey," Orsino replied as he took another bite.
mcred23

-The Kalinin-
-Mess Hall-

It was the one place on the ship where the entire crew could really relax. While Lieutenant Commander Nguyen kept the rest of the ship quiet and orderly constantly, the mess hall was the one place where normal conversations were allowed and the crew could gather. As a result, there were always a good number of people present, such as the group near the back of the room.

"This is getting out of hand..." Parker the XO muttered as he chewed on the tip of his coffee tube, not realizing how many times he had said the exact same thing over the past weeks.

Bate did. "It's past that." Although there was a good deal of chatter in the mess hall and the people at the table could be trusted, they all kept their voices low. "Those idiots on Kirov were shooting at each other."

"And not much is being done about it." Parker muttered. Bate had been required to make a statement for an official report, which Parker had looked into. He hadn't been able to get details, but the pilots in question, who were left unidentified to anyone on the Kalinin, weren't being punished seriously, if at all. Alpha Bate wasn't huge on military punishment, but it was clear to him that what he'd seen wasn't mistaken identity and wa something else entirely. Stories had once again esacped the Kirov, but with details so vauge most of the crew dismissed them without much thought, and Bate kept his knowledge and thoughts fairly limited.

"Not much that can be done." The security chief of the Kalinin put in. Runnels merely frowned at the thought, as did Bate.

Parker shrugged. "Who knows. I don't know what Scirocco has planned for the fleet-"

"I didn't sign up to fight for Scirocco." Bate growled.

"So what are you going to do? Defect?" Parker shot back.

In an instant, the fire in Bate's eyes faded and the pilot sighed. "Yeah, right. They wouldn't take anyone back at this point."

"We haven't lost yet." Runnels pointed out.

"Yet is right," Bate said before pausing. "...I don't know, if the AEUG can pull off some of the stunts they've done, maybe we can get 'em back, but I don't trust whoever the hell is leading the Titans right now. It doesn't help that it seems like we're falling apart."

"Alright, enough for me." Parker said, leaning back from the table. "I can only take this morbid s*** for so long."

Bate forced a smile. "You can always run off to the sub-bridge and get away from it. Any time I turn around I've got three idiots standing there." He jerked his head toward a table on the other side of the mess hall, where the other three Titan mobile suit pilots were sitting. Bate had already vented enough about the quality of Hicks, Craig, Sunoue, who had all seemed to regress in skill during training flights since their brief smattering of combat near Gryps 2.

"I think I will." Parker stood up, but didn't walk away. "Even if you could, Al, would you defect?"

"No." Bate replied instantly. "I don't like whoever the hell is leading us at the moment, and I know some bad things have been done in the name of the Titans, but I still think we're doing more right than wrong... Barely."

Parker thought for moment and nodded in agreement before waving and heading out. Without another word, the semi-regular meeting broke up as the other three went off to handle their assigned duties for the morning. For Bate, it ment more depressing training report scores from the idiots...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Cardi Doorl

- Main Bridge -

The Jupitris loomed so large in the Kirov’s viewports that it was easy to forget that Taskforce Echo’s command ship was one of the most distant vessels from it in the fleet. The fact that the Jupitris was, at that moment, blocking Echo’s view of the Sun only added to its monolithic impression.

A constant trickle of supply shuttles streamed to and from the behemoth supply vessel than now acted as the Titans’ flagship. Echo, for its part, had received only enough provisions to repair any damage taken at Gryps 2, plus a standard stock of food, medical supplies, and spare parts. By and large, Trent’s command had needed little compared to its peers.

The frantic pace of the activity outside was rendered silent across space. Through the viewports the dance of dark shapes and points of light flitting to and from and amongst them - coupled with the hum of bridge equipment interrupted only by the occasional and brief sounds of the bridge crew doing their work - gave the scene a serene aura that jarred with the reality that it was all preparation for a wartime offensive. It was hypnotic in its own way, too; it easily took in Trent, who was having trouble concentrating what with the constant pressure in his mind pulsing out of the Jupitris, the Sun’s rays crowned around it.

Trent wasn’t sure how much many minutes had passed before he noticed he’d let his mind glaze over at the movement outside. Snapping out of it only meant that his persistent headache returned in full force, pounding his brain from core to skull. He couldn’t take it anymore; he took his leave of the bridge, entrusting it to backup helmsman Javier Zamoza.

- Corridor, Near Main Bridge -

Just when the commander was taking hold of the gripper immediately outside the bridge he was face-to-face with the rock-visaged Mortimer Kellman.

“Commander Trent,” said the crewman, “Tell me honestly…”

“I just don’t know, Mort,” cut in Trent, “Does it really look like we have options?”

Kellman tilted his head to one side, then righted it before saying, “This man from Jupiter is in charge now. Do you trust him, sir?”

“Trust him personally, you mean? I’ve had enough pretending I personally trust anyone above me. If I could go back to the old days, before I was in the military… All these years of service have made me soft, Mort. Stupid. I… I don’t remember what it’s like to think clearly anymore. All I care about now is keeping my men alive long enough for me to walk away from all of it.”

“I mean trust him as a leader, sir. To turn things around.”

“He’s better than Bask Om, not that that’s saying much. We already had the colony laser in our hands once, and that idiot squandered it by doing what he did. What we did.” There was a brief silence after Trent uttered the last sentence, then he continued, “But there’s so much I don’t know about the man. His ambitions are obviously much larger than controlling the Titans; I think he wants to bring some kind of massive reform to the Federation in general, and I don’t know what. If we do take back Gryps 2, what the hell will he do with that much power? I don’t know. I just want to keep my men alive, and they have a better shot under Scirocco’s lead than they ever did under Om.”

“You want your men alive, sir, but they seem hell-bent on killing themselves, or each other.”

“They can try dying all they want,” Trent clicked the button at the end of the gripper to move forward, down the hall away from the bridge and Kellman, “I won’t let them.”

Kellman gave a standard Federal salute as Trent rounded the corner out of sight.

- Pilot Lounge -

In the few times anyone saw much of Aleksandr Ivanovich Stukov since Echo’s return from Gryps 2, the man had a bottle of vodka firmly held in his fist and an intense gaze that told of a mind unattached to its current physical surroundings. So he was now on one of the couches in the middle of the Kirov’s pilot lounge. He took a swig from the bottle without batting an eye, using his free hand to finish up some paperwork.

Wedge14

-Pilot Lounge-
Pan Heyden

Pan Heyden was a well rested man, he was really starting to warm up the Kirov. Pan was even starting to get along with his wingmate Dolk. The two were actually engaged in a friendly competition, and Heyden had just taken the lead by one point.

Taking a drag from his after sex cigarette Heyden spotted Stukov fisting a bottle of Vodka. Heyden grinned devilishly to himself as he silently kicked off the floor and floated right towards Stukov.

"Lt. Commander!" Heyden said quickly drawing Stukov's attention. "That's an awfully big bottle you got there!"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Green Flame

- Mess Hall -

Plopping down in the seat directly across from Criss Alex gave a tired yet relieved sigh. It took a bit but the paperwork was finished, everything was in working order, and better yet, the folks at the Kirov and Captain Berg didn't want his head for the MS Team's last excursion. Though with what he had heard they were simply too preoccupied to care, if not care at all.

Tuning himself into the conversation that was ongoing when he sat down, he got a look at how the team was doing. Criss was nervous as always and Marco had the look of a most displeased celebrity agent. Most fitting given the circumstances around Orsino's popularity these days, he had been quite the show off and seemed to be having the time of his life predicting what would happen in the coming weeks.

'Still pretty crazy how he was spot on about Scirocco' he thought to himself when a group of crewmen asked about what would happen next. It wasn't especially hard to see that Bask was essentially 'purged' from the Titan fleet which left Scirocco the highest ranking officer. In light of recent events, he was pretty sure that Jamitov's death was his doing as well.

Taking a bite of his own sandwich he sighed as Orsino played up his prediction for dramatic effect with a depressing payoff. Victory or Death, what ever happened to the great third option? "You should consider a career in fortune telling, you'd do wonders at it" he chimed with a bored look "I think we have a fair chance of getting out alive, surrender or otherwise"
The Loser Villain

- Pilot Quarters -

It was all starting to get to Aaron Faraday. The politicking, the backstabbing, the attempted fragings, regime changes, everything. He was already uneasy about being on the Kirov a matter of hours after being transfered to it. Now, he was looking over his shoulder every moment, unsure if he'd be another victim of some 'accident' because he happened to be on the same team as Nick Te'litha. And now that the teams had been restructured to create the Iota Team, Aaron was stuck with just Nick and Jackson who, as far as he could tell, were in cahoots with one another.

Above all he wanted to live, and he'd have to make a choice as to how best to stay alive and there were only a few choices left to him. He could stick it out with Nick Te'litha, even help him if Gamma came under attack from Beta. He could talk to Ritter, let him know he has nothing to do with any of it, even so much as side with him. Or, the next time they went into battle, get as far away from Gamma and Beta and let them settle their differences. It was all giving him a headache.

There was only one person on the ship he barely trusted, and now he was on another team. Still, he felt it best to see what he might be up to. Aaron raised he hand and gently knocked on Jason Drossel's door.

- Salamis Kai-class Buxoro-
- Hangar -

Tim Melton's face lit up as he looked at the new mobile suits that had been assigned to Buxoro team. "Marasai!" he yelled to nobody in particular. He was finally glad to be rid of the Hi-Zack he'd been flying for so long.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Attomoku

Kirov, Hanger

Lt. Te'Litha

Nick was busy making some adjustments to his machine, courtesy of 'Alice's little gift. Since his suit didn't have a beam rifle, it meant the ugly machine had more than enough juice to spare for the new and exotic weapon. It was just a matter of getting getting the power routines to stabilize when he used it, since the suit acted funny to him in simulation whenever he cranked it above a certain threshold. The relishing thought of using it against Wolf at those levels was just barely enough to keep Nick from actively hunting the man down on the ship and gunning him down with his sidearm.

Not that he hadn't tried: After Wolf's threat during the incident in the debris zone, Nick realized he would do it; The man was becoming that unhinged, and a danger to everyone around him. So after breaking off and landing, following the Captains orders, Nick decided 'to hell with subtlety', he was going to take Stukov's earlier advice about putting the rabid dog down, and decided to just up and shoot him in the hanger. Lucky for Wolf, Trent must have still had some foresight, and taken some precautionary steps, because a half dozen techs had tackled him en mass the moment he left the cockpit and started to reach for the gun at his belt. He hadn't been formerly charged with any kind of crime since then, but had been being shadowed by at least 2-3 crew members ever since, and he suspected that Wolf was being followed too. Trent had meant what he said when he told Kellman, he wouldn't let them kill each other, but Trent also hadn't said a word to Nick since then either, which kinda depressed him.

He sighed heavily and rubbed his eyes at the cockpit display and unconsciously rubbed the pendant under his shirt. He hadn't worn it in a while, but finally taking out some Zeon's had made him feel as if he had actually accomplished something since being stuck in purgatory after '83 and he allowed himself to wear it in Bella's memory. It felt good to have it against his skin so near the end.
Nick had a week, maybe 2 tops. He knew it, He could feel it: he was tired, he ached as if the world weighed down on him despite his medication, and his fracturing mind was bickering with itself now constantly; His dreams becoming more vivid and reality becoming less so. His snake actually had form now, not just a voice, and though still rather indistinct, it looked eerily like himself 5 years ago, and he also could have sworn his mute phantom of Cara had spoken again to him. The only thing currently keeping him held together seemingly was spit and glue; Well that, and a seething hatred and overwhelming desire to see Wolf dead by his own hands.

His computer beeped at him, the program was done and the new power subroutines were done and running too, hopefully his suit wouldn't have that weird power back-flow anymore when he took off at high speed after using it. He was all set to play with the stuff of Tesla's nightmares. Grinning, he left the cockpit and headed for the lounge.

Corridor, Pilots Quarters

Ltjg. Kelborn

Grace was trying to avoid her own room like the plague. Dolk had set up camp outside of it for quite a few nights now, like a hardcore fan waiting in line for tickets to their favorite band's concert. She didn't even bother trying to file a harassment complaint about it though; if intentional friendly fire only got you a slap on the wrist and a demerit citation, she felt any complaint she brought up about Dolk would be flat-out ignored.
On the bright side though, she was elated that she had been transferred to the same new unit that that Jason was. It made their plans that much easier.
Grace rounded the corner to see a fairly depressed looking pilot knocking on Jason's door. "What's up, you looking for Jason?" she asked in a friendly enough tone. Truth was, so was she, she hadn't seen him for a little while and was becoming a little worried, the tension on the ship was becoming palpable and she wanted to make sure he was alright, she wanted for them to stick close watch each-others back's until they were both secure behind Federal lines.

Buxoro, Hanger

Lt. Robin and Ens. August

"How nice of you to state the obvious Tim," Tyler cracked as he floated up behind him. "What's the story with these Boss?" he called Elijah who was floating next to the open cockpit of one.
"I think we and the Kalinin team switched complements, Don't ask me why though," he replied.
"Hmm," Tyler commented, "I heard that they've been having issues with their rookie pilots, but swapping them out with less powerful machines seems counterproductive," He shot his commanding officer a sly grin, "Unless you think they might be trying to make sure the better machines don't go to waste."
Elijah shot up an eyebrow, "If that were the case then why in the hell are they giving those fantastic machines on the Kirov to men who are out to kill each other?" he asked, referring to the incident that happened 2 weeks ago between Nick and Wolf in full view of their picket.
"Whatever," said Tyler, trying not to let internal problems weigh him down, "I'm not going to question it, It'll be nice to not have to choose between a rifle and saber."
"Don't 'whatever' me," retorted Robin, sounding like someone's mother, "Aaron is in a squad with one of those two and I'm frankly a bit worried. We should be ready to bail him out with these should we need to." and thumped the side of the orange machine.
"There's the Boss I know," Tyler replied with his evil grin, "So, you with us Tim? Full of enough daring-do to aid a beleaguered former comrade in need, should the need arise?"
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Inferno

- Mess Hall -

Marco winced at the word "surrender". Perhaps it was just his sudden pride, but he found the idea of giving in to a simple bunch of rebels absolutely disgusting.

Orsino gave a simple retort, however, before Marco could get upset with his commander. "Plain and simple, in the eyes of the public, we're all monsters." Criss cringed, and Marco shot him a hostile glare. "Even if we weren't involved in 30 Bunch, we'll be crucified for it anyway. The public wants complete and total de-Titanization: Our suits and ship production will cease, and any Titan or Titan sympathizer would be crucified. We look like a bunch of, well, we look like Zeon right now. Spea-" He was cut off by a kick from under the table coming from Marco.

"Listen. This next offensive will be all we need. When we hold Gryps II, we'll have everything back under control. The AEUG has too much at stake politically to fire it, so we should be fine. I don't want any talk of failure or surrender, especially from you, Dr. Doom." Orsino had to laugh at Marco, but managed to suppress it into a quiet chuckle.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Dolk -

"Big gun, locked and cocked," Dolk chuckled as the doors of the pilot lounge swished shut behind him, "Stickin' 'em up and knocking them down, living out a fantasy,". Pan Heyden had been in the lead for roughly four minutes, as the lieutenant glided into the room with a girl on each arm. One of them, a backup bridge operator whose name Dolk couldn't remember offhand, had her dark blue hair gathered into a ponytail drifting behind her that made her vaguely look like a certain Iota Team pilot. His admittedly kind-of-creepy stakeout of Grace's quarters had ended a few days ago, but he was anything but discouraged. He released his grip on the other young lady's waist and held up two fingers, signifying the addition to his grand total. "Working double time on the seduction line," he grinned, leading them to the couch next to Stukov.

"If you think it's easy doin' one night stands, try playin' in a rock and roll band," he said, providing some sort of strange heavy metal touring folk wisdom. Or maybe he was just talking trash. It was hard to tell what Dolk meant most of the time, even when one had a pretty good idea of what he was trying to say. Clearly favoring not-Grace more than his other companion, Dolk reached into his jacket and produced a flask and handed it to her. "Come on and have a good time and get blinded out of your mind," he said, wrapping an arm around her again, "So don't worry about tomorrow - have a drink on me,". He craned his neck in Stukov's direction for the first time since entering and gave him a wave of a salute with his free hand. Then he noticed the bottle his CO was clutching.

"Drinking is good for you!" Dolk nodded, happy to see the stoic man still letting loose (as much as the Russian ever did). "Vodka! No more feeling bad, eh?"
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Loser Villain

- Corridor, Pilots Quarters -

"What's up, you looking for Jason?"

Even with the friendly tone in which she spoke to him, the sudden noise startled Aaron. He jumped back from Jason's door and looked at the woman who had spoken to him. Staring at her, he realized he had no idea who she was. She knew Jason, that was clear, since she said his name. Truth be told, Aaron had been avoiding everybody around the Kirov so he wasn't surprised that he didn't know her.

After what seemed like an eternity, but had probably been a minute at most, he responded to her question, "Yes, I'm looking for him..." he trailed off for a moment, wondering if he could trust her. It was this very thing he'd wanted to avoid, but as he looked at her he got the feeling she had no malicious intent. If anything, the psychopaths around the Kirov all looked like they were up to no good. "Do you know where he is?" He asked, his voice shaking due to how nervous he was.

- Salamis Kai-class Buxoro-
- Hangar -

"How nice of you to state the obvious Tim."

In response to Tyler's crack, Tim simply stuck out his tongue. He couldn't help be excited by the new Mobile Suits they'd been assigned. He continued staring at the Marasai that he was assigned to, half listening to what Tyler and Elijah were talking about until the subject changed.

"Don't 'whatever' me, Aaron is in a squad with one of those two and I'm frankly a bit worried. We should be ready to bail him out with these should we need to."

Tim turned back to look at Elijah as he talked and was about to speak when Tyler chimed in: "There's the Boss I know. So, you with us Tim? Full of enough daring-do to aid a beleaguered former comrade in need, should the need arise?"

With a smile he made a thumbs up with his right hand, "Damn straight! Aaron was always there for me, so I have no problem returning the favor."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
wonton bob

- Hanger -

Sitting in his marasai with the cockpit opened, Grant is looking over paperwork he was given a week ago but only now has he even bothered to read them. At the time an officer had told him 'congratulations on the promotion' and being handed two of the skimpiest folders he had ever seen in his life. He figured that with all the chaos who has time for a full back story.

"Iota team?"

It had been sometime since he led a group. At that time he was an instructor, but the pilots under him at least had some experience.

Jason who was in the locker room sees Grant's suit but decides to avoid talking to his new CO for the moment and go back to his room. He was in Grace's squad so he'd better ask her first if he can be trusted or if he has something to worry about. But even so he's happier to be in the same squad as Grace and more importantly away from Nick.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Big Zabowski

-Jack-

Jack sat legs kicked up on the console of his Marasai as the pauldron was undergoing slow repairs, put on the back burner in favor of more serious jobs on deck. On the screen flashed images of the fight in the shoal zone, the darkened cockpit lit occasionally by the flash of an exploding piece of debris or ordinance.

However his fingers nonchalantly tapped away at the right arm console of the Marasai, rewinding the footage from his eye camera from the point of impact with the Barzam to just prior.

He absently chomped down on his cigar as he analyzed the footage.

"He was low.. f**k don't that beat all."

Jack had an inkling before, but this was just icing on the cake. The footage all but confirmed that Sven had been avoiding him for most of the fight, and that his ramming of the Barzam was just a parting lucky shot. Had Sven been with fuel and not running on fumes like he was the outcome may have been very different. For Jack, it just came down to the luck of his suit being deployed from the ship later than Beta's Barzams.

"Hmph.."

He let his legs float down from the console before he pushed out of his chair. Swinging on the hatch handhold, he swung his frame toward the catwalk and the hangar exit. As he skated down the scaffolding, he looked aside at the Beta Team rack.

He came to the end where Nwosu's Marasai stood silent and unmoving.

"..."

Looking to his left and right, he knew that nothing could be done to that suit as just tens of meters away the extraction crew was still at work with the damage he and Nick had inflicted on Ritter and Haksson.

You're lucky, Darren. Foolish.. but..

With a smirk, he kicked off the floor and exited the hangar proper..

..but for the love of Christ get off the other side of my gun and away from Ritter.

-Just outside Locker Room-

As Jason headed down the hall toward his quarters, it'd be obvious that he'd picked up company. As he approached the room, Aaron and Jason would soon find themselves not alone.

"Jason.."

Jack let a sly grin escape around his cigar while coming to a stop just outside the room.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Cardi Doorl

- Sick Bay -

Dr. Rupert Singh was just giving Trent a new bottle of headache medication when a white-hot sensation seared through the Taskforce commander’s mind, crowding out all other faculties.

Trent didn’t know how long he remained incapacitated by the intense imagery of a glowing blade burning across his consciousness, when he was aware again his back was pressed against the bulkhead, his hands pressed against deckhead, eyes clenched shut and teeth bared.

“Commander!” Dr. Singh was pulling Trent down by his left sleeve, the tone in his voice suggesting it wasn’t the first time he’d called out.

Trent opened his uniform collar only a little while bringing himself down to Dr. Singh’s level. “They fired it,” he was breathless as he growled each syllable, “I didn’t think AEUG had it in them. They actually fired it!”

“Commander, get some rest.”

“I don’t have that kind of luxury anymore, Doctor,” Trent, starting to regain some composure, clambered toward the hatch leading out of the sick bay.

- Pilot Lounge -

"Lt. Commander! That's an awfully big bottle you got there!"

It was Pan Heyden’s voice. Stukov looked over to see the gigantic man drifting toward him. The Russian capped the bottle and underhand-tossed it to the recent Alpha Team wingman. “Pan Heyden. Do you drink?”

Schuyler Dolk entered during this exchange and rattled off his usual cryptic remarks. Stukov only shifted slightly to allow for three more people to take up residence on the couch. He looked over the Dolk after the man’s final comment. Rather than respond directly to the bizarre pilot, Stukov said, “Pan Heyden, let Dolk have some of that bottle when you have had your fill.”

wonton bob

"Jason.."

Eager to get back and talk to Grace about their new C.O. a familiar voice stops Jason in his tracks. Looking back he sees Hepburn standing with an evil grin. When they were in the same squad Jason didn't know what his intentions were and even now he was unaware of what Hepburn wanted. He barely spoke to the guy when he was in Gamma team. Figuring this was one of Ritter's goons cause Nick was too psycho to have anyone on his side, Jason decided to put his foot down and make his own intentions clear.

"Jackson," he replied defensively. "Look, I'm here to fight AEUG and survive. I want nothing to do with whatever power struggle is going on. You can tell Ritter to go to hell and if anything happens to people I care about I will stop at nothing to end his life!" he barks as he backs away.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Wolf Ritter -

"Do you want to die? DO YOU?"

Wolf shoved the shaking crewman up against the wall and planted his pistol snugly under the man's chin. "I-I-I don't know what you're talking about! Please!" the tech blubbered, raising his hands passively as he squeezed his eyes shut and turned his face away from Ritter's livid visage. "You're either a liar or a moron," Wolf snarled in his ear, cocking the gun's hammer to get his point across. The crewman tried to shrink away from the gun in vain, still protesting his innocence with a trembling voice, "Oh God! I swear to you, I don't have anything to do with them! If you let me go I won't even look at you again, sir!". "He's nobody," Daren said flatly. Wolf looked over his shoulder at his subordinate for a moment, then turned back and slowly released his grip on the terrified tech's collar.

"If you value your life you'll stay far, far away from me and Friday's flunkies. This is personal," Ritter hissed in the man's ear, lowering the hammer of his gun. As the crewman floated away from them babbling teary-eyed thanks and assurances, Wolf pulled open his jacket slightly and shoved his pistol back into its hiding place slung across his belly.

Two weeks ago Wolf Ritter had practically crash landed on the Kirov, yelling threats and expletives the entire way. Even before his Barzam had been fully secured he was leaving its cockpit and reaching for his sidearm, and he recieved the same treatment as Nick from a wary group of mechanics that physically restrained him until he and Nick could be safely separated. One of them had taken a slug to the shoulder for his troubles. In the time since then, Ritter had taken to walking around the ship openly armed, confronting anyone and everyone that looked at him askance (and many who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time).

This Wolf Ritter, a man with a noticeable five o'clock shadow, a wide-eyed, penetrating stare, and a tremble in a hand that more and more often clutched a pistol day and night, was proving to Daren and Sven that what had passed for distrust and paranoia before was nothing but child's play. This Wolf Ritter was staring madness in the face. And he was feeding off it.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

The Big Zabowski

-Jack-

For the record, the grin wasn't evil.. more.. sly. But that was beside the point for Jack as Jason began to ramble off a defensive diatribe. All but accusing Jack of being in league with Ritter.

Jason couldn't be more wrong.

"Already did in a round about way, kid. So chill yer ass out. You may say "I want to fight the AEUG" now, but have you ever looked at where we as a unit are going? We've got a Jovian calling the shots some kinda newtype freak playing 'user' with me and my former 'pal'."

Jack's smirk faded into a straight face. The cigar in his mouth was chomped to one side as Jack took Jason by the shoulder and ushered him toward Grace's quarters.

"If you want to end Ritter's mad play for power and the Jovian's attempt at a cult of personality.. then you and me aren't on different sides. You want to live, so do I. You have something to go home to.. right?

The Federation and their leaning toward the AEUG may be your only hope at getting out of here without facing a modern middle age inquisition. Nick may be after Ritter and not much else, but I'm different. I'm after a truth.. I want to expose the apples that have corrupted what could have been a good deterrent against Zeon."

As he floated down the hall waiting for Jason to catch up, he mused once more.

"Have you ever heard of the Nuremberg Trials?"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wedge14

[Pan Heyden]
[Pilots Lounge]
Heyden took a monster hit out of the russian's bottle of clear booze. It sure as hell wasn't rye or bourbon but the burning sensation that filled his body was enough for the large earthnoid to know that it was good stuff. Heyden nodded and grinned at the two girls Dolk had managed to defile, he gave the two girls the onceover as he handed Dolk the bottle.

Heyden quickly popped a cigarette out of pocket and casually lit it up. "Why don't you two hunnies, go get some beauty sleep. We got some pilot stuff to talk about"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
wonton bob

"Have you ever heard of the Nuremberg Trials?"

"Nuren..?" Jason asks.

Jason was quite shocked to hear what Hepburn was insinuating. Could there be others of the same mind eager to get out of the Titans? And why are we going to Grace's room. Still, it could be a trick and he'll be arrested and executed for sedition. It wasn't to long ago a whole mess of people just disappeared when Tariq questioned him.

"I think I see what your getting at," he cautiously speaks. "But I don't think the hallway is a place to discuss such rebellious talk."

Uneasy about talking to Hepburn, Jason decides to keep Grace out of this just in case he's being set-up. "If you don't mind I would rather if we talk about this over in my quarters...Dolk was seen camping around here."

He takes the lead to his room unaware that Grace and Arron were both parked right outside.