Episode 26 - Operation Maelstrom

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Re: Episode 26 - Operation Maelstrom

- Wolf -

A bank of dull orange ammo indicators at the periphery of his vision coupled with the soft ping of new propellant warnings told Wolf that whatever he was going to do, it would have to be quick. With his Barzam already hurled into a dive thanks to his unorthodox use of Kate's wreck as a projectile, he allowed the maneuver to continue, burning as little fuel as possible to orient himself more or less in the direction of the Kirov. Nick's IFF signal swirled behind him in the panoramic monitors as he turned his back to his foe again. Wolf forced himself to keep his eyes forward as he concentrated on putting distance between them, but Te'Litha was no fool and his quick reaction kept him from becoming intimately acquainted with Kate's humanoid tomb.

"You just can't help yourself can you!" Nick bellowed, demanding Ritter's attention. Wolf's fixation on the mothership wavered and broke, and he angrily turned in his seat in time to see the black and red tiger roar, its 120mm (literal) fire hose spitting death. "Damn you, Te'Litha!" Wolf growled, his lip curled into a snarl as his feet hammered down on control pedals causing his mobile suit's backpack thrusters to flame back to life. "It's not enough that you kill those on the same side, but even those in your little cadre?!" Nick's angry condemnation continued, his MS falling into pursuit. Ritter's suit lurched from its dive into a serpentine evasive, burning even more of what little propellant he still carried. His grip so tight on the controls that his hands began to tremble, Wolf shot back, "Who the hell are you to question me?".

Flecks of spittle hit the inside of his visor and his face turned crimson as he grew even more livid, "How much are you paid for each murder, you worm? Every action I take is part of something greater than you can comprehend - something more important than your dirty money or petty revenge! Something more important than my life!". Ritter leaned forward to resist the G forces that began to force him against his seat, his grip going white-knuckle. "Even if you destroy my body, the Destiny will come to pass! I have more-- to-- accomplish-- here--" he yelled, his voice going hoarse as he struggled to keep control, his Barzam screamed towards the Kirov at its maximum acceleration. "NOW I'M GOING TO LAND THIS BARZAM, IN THE HANGAR OR IN THE GODDAMNED BRIDGE IF ONE OF THOSE BULLETS TOUCHES ME. IT'S YOUR CHOICE," he roared on a friendly channel that both Nick and the ship could hear.

- Daren -

Nwosu slowly allowed himself to fall behind as Wolf went into his windup with Kate's suit, and by the time Ritter was diving away to break for the Kirov the young pilot had changed course entirely. Without a word to Wolf he rocketed forward, giving Nick a very wide berth as he passed on his way back into the debris. With Wolf occupied by Nick so close to the fleet someone had to go back for Sven, and a bright explosion and scattering of junk in the distance gave him a good idea where to go to find him. He took a few seconds to slow down and reload Wolf's bazooka, taking the weapon into his Marasai's left hand so that he now dual-wielded the explosive weapon with his beam rifle.

Jack's computer would quickly have located another Titans IFF in its sweeping search as Daren stormed into the light shoal surrounding them. "Idiot," he grunted, his voice taking on a much more forceful tone than usual as he broadcast on an open channel, "Awful timing. This is all wrong,". The normally quiet and subservient young man seemed to be completely gone as a wide, bright thruster flare blossomed out behind his Marasai as he closed in on Sven and Jackson. "This could jeopardize everything. If he dies in plain view of the Kirov what are we supposed to say? We're already walking a fine line," he hissed, firing a pair of clay bazooka rounds ahead of Hepburn, leading the Marasai but coming quite dangerously close to Sven.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Main Bridge –

"NOW I'M GOING TO LAND THIS BARZAM IN THE HANGAR OR IN THE GODD*MNED BRIDGE IF ONE OF THOSE BULLETS TOUCHES ME. IT'S YOUR CHOICE."

Trent’s spine jumped when Wolf Ritter’s voice boomed into the bridge. “What the hell’s going on out there? Visuals!” A portion of the bridge viewports sectioned off to display a video feed in the direction Wolf had transmitted from. The custom-colored experimental Barzam hurtled toward the Kirov at maximum acceleration, but it wasn’t clear what the handful of other mobile suits was doing further away. Except Nick’s Barzam was…

The video feed cut off suddenly when Trent pressed a button at his own panel. The rest of the bridge turned sharply at the sudden interruption. “Sir, are you…?” came Mortimer Kellman’s voice.

“Have Beta Team approach from the starboard side,” said Trent coolly, “Gamma Team portside. Send Kalinin Team those coordinates to provide cover. Moving in cautiously; there’s activity in the area.”

The crew set to work with a hush; they knew there was something going on they didn’t fully understand. You’d better understand, though, Nick, Trent thought, For your sake and mine, knock it off.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
mcred23

-Team 2-

The trio of Rick Dias returned to the ship, coming in high above the beam fire that the Dervish was sending out at the fleeing Axis ships. Marvin remained high, staying close to the ship in case some enemy unit managed to come through, while Sophie and then Eddie went about landing their Rick Dias.

Eddie brought his into the hangar behind Sophie and worked his mobile suit to it's berth, annoyed now and slightly slowed by the missing foot. He popped the hatch and was met by Tony Jones. "How's it shakin', Jags-fan?" Eddie grinned.

"Two really f***ed up so far." The young man nodded towards the other side of the hangar as he stepped out of the cockpit. The suit in Fritz's berth showed obvious signs of damage, and the other, down in the Team 3 section, was even worse.

"Holy s***..." Eddie mumbled, "Either of 'em make it?"

Jones nodded. "Commander Ashlyn did. Hit but he was alive, Michiko took 'em off to the doc. Terrace though..." The mechanic shook his head, having seen the inside of the cockpit like most of the rest of the mechanics. As they spoke, a pair of men went into the cockpit with an ominous black bag. "Still, reports say the operation is going well." Jones quickly added in attempt to provide a hopeful note.

"Well, that's good." Eddie said, glancing around the hangar at the other suits, finally noticing the Nemo Cannon in the back of the hangar, guessing it probably came from whichever Salamis Kai the 4th had lost. They had all seen that one had been missing as they returned, but Eddie didn't know which one it was. "So, how long on this thing?"

"Twenty, twenty five minutes. Gotta check everything..." Eckardy patted him on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Tony." Eddie kicked off the shoulder of his Rick Dias and floated over to the catwalk. He quickly spotted Korbel down near the wrecked Team 3 Dias and headed that way. "Hey Bernie, how'd things go for you out there?" He asked, landing a few feet away from Korbel.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
mcred23

-Kalinin Team-

"Repeat that, Kalinin." Bate requested. The order didn't seem right.

Nguyen's face appearing on his comm screen didn't make it any better. "The Kirov has ordered your team to head to it and provide cover for their mobile suit teams as they land." Nguyen said, interpetting the order in the way it seemed to be intended to him.

Alpha frowned, wondering why all of a sudden the Kirov would call on his unit. "Understood. Moving out." He pressed the button to switch to the MS team channel. "Alright, you all heard 'em. Runnels, stay with me. Sunoue, Craig, hang back till we figure out what the hell they need us for..." Bate grumbled and rolled the Marasai over and kicked to top speed toward the large Alexandria. Runnels, as always, was right behind him, but Sunoue and Craig both took a moment to get in the proper direction and speed.

Instantly, both Bate and Runnels knew something wasn't right. There were obvious flashes of weapons fire near the Kirov, which couldn't be good. Other suits from the Kirov were moving foward, but not as if an enemy unit was in the area, and there were several suits coming out of the debris heading back to the ship. In an instant, all the wild rumors that came from that ship started flying though Bate's mind, of people being killed and suicides and God knew what else. The Titans had enough problems going on in this war, and the Kirov seemed to be at war with itself.

"S***..." Bate hissed to himself as they closed on the ship from above and behind, putting the thoughts aside for the moment, hoping that whatever was going on wasn't nearly as bad as his mind thought it could be.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
EZero8

--Dervish--
- Hangar -

Wes let out a sigh of relief when the trio of blue mobile suits retreated, and quickly afterward their own orders to retreat came from the Dervish. He managed to survive this time, though unfortunately he couldn't say the same for his team. From what he understood from surveying the field, Terrace was quite literally burnt to a crisp and Trask was nowhere to be found. Wales appeared fine though as he went to tow the charred Rick Dias S back to the ship.

Wes waited for everyone else to land their suits before sloppily landing his own unit after his Rick Dias' propellant levels dropped to the reserves ("F***in' B-Types just had to get rid of those binders..." Wes lamented to himself as it occured). Had he realized how low on fuel he was, he would've been first to touch down.

Fortunately, everyone else had cleared the nets by the time Curren came around. Though, someone is going to have to drag his unit back to it's usual spot to the hangar since he used up the last of his fuel to land without accidentally crashing into the ship.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
wonton bob

- Kirov -
- Pilot's Corridor -

- Drossel's Quarters -

"Sh*t" Jason hissed. After hearing an announcement for Gamma team to launch and report portside, he was none too happy. Grabbing his gear he took one last look at Grace laying on the bed. "Not sure what's this about, but keep my side warm for me," he smiled.

-Hanger-

A few minutes later he quickly made his way to his Marasai. Latching his helmet he noticed that he was the only one in Gamma section. Only Faraday's Barzam was the only other suit. "No way everyone was killed," he thought out loud to himself.

After start-up he grabbed a beam rifle off the rack and opened his comm. "Ens. Drossel, Gamma team. Preparing to launch."

- Gryps 2 Space -

- The Dervish -
- Hanger -

Bernard, lost in his own thoughts, almost didn't hear Eddie approach and speak to him. "Uh, fine. Just these missiles can't get a lock on anything so I had to get closer than I wanted to a cluster of suits at once..lost an arm for that.."

Seeing Terrance's Dias being towed in he looks away feeling a loss for words. He clutches his helmet tightly mustering up the ability to say what's on his mind, "Heard we lost a another ship."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Big Zabowski

-Jack-

"Have it your way then, Sven.."

Unfortunately for Darren, the continually shifting debris caught both shots, sending them off in wildly varying trajectories. In his rush to defend Sven, Darren would watch as Jack's should rush hit home on the Barzam.

As the shoulder impacted the chest armor of the Barzam, the center spike on the pauldron pierced into the armor of the blue and gold mobile suit, sparks and hydraulic fluid quickly splattering and freezing as they hit the vaccuum of space. Inside the cockpit Sven would be showered with sparks, exploding glass, and other debris as the top of his cockpit would crumple downwards from the force of impact. With the escape pod damaged, there would be no way for him to eject.. Darren would have to drag him to safety.

That is if he could hold his own against Jack.

With a knee to the groin thruster assembly, slightly denting and crumpling the nozzle, Jack released the speared Barzam. A kick off the suit would send the Marasai into a backflip, Jack's suit oriented upside-down compared to Darren's own Marasai. A burst of thrust from the feet jets over the Barzam would send the Marasai careening toward Darren's suit, beam sabres now drawn and lit as he moved to relieve the 'last' Ritter loyalist of his ranged weapons.

"Yer gonna have to get past me to save him, Darren. Unfortunately I also can't let ya do that. So strike me down if ya want to, kid.."

The orange and goldenrod mobile suit banked and skated to Darren's left before skating again into the Marasai, blades held to slice the weapon and left forearm from Darren's grasp at the controls of the suit. The head of the Marasai would lock camera eye to camera eye with the 'enemy' Marasai..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Fritz Ashlyn

- Daren -

The young pilot remained grimly silent as his shots missed both machines, the short puffs of the explosive rounds' explosions briefly reflected in his visor. He watched, unmoved, as Jack accelerated into a hard melee attack on Sven that caused armor to buckle and systems to lock up. A miniature cloud of chipped paint, sparks and broken monoeye streamed from Haksson's reeling Barzam as Daren coaxed his own suit into a smooth climb to keep an eye on Hepburn. Time was short for everyone in the debris, but there was still a chance to finish him off barring some intervention... Nwosu's eyes bored into Jack's suit as it flipped away from Sven and turned on him, his brow knitting at the continued aggression from Nick's sidekick.

"Yer gonna have to get past me to save him, Daren. Unfortunately I also can't let ya do that. So strike me down if ya want to, kid..." Hepburn rumbled at him, his beam sabers flashing. Daren gritted his teeth and sharpened his ascent in an attempt to keep an eye on both Sven and Jack, picking up a little speed as the upside-down "enemy" Marasai charged him in a serpentine pattern. He adjusted his grip on the weapons he carried, allowing the clay bazooka to pitch forward and tumble 'down' towards Hepburn. He fired a beam rifle shot downwards between his suit's legs, through the bazooka, causing it to explode between them even as he allowed a beam saber to slip into his newly freed-up manipulator.

Using the moment's opportunity he pressed his suit to full acceleration in a move that would take him up and over Hepburn's attack, through the apex of his climb and into a high speed dive aimed right at Sven's Barzam. "There!" he grunted, extending his arms towards the hammered suit as he closed in. He plowed into the Barzam at a speed that rivaled Jackson's shoulder charge, in a sort of 'push' with his Marasai's forearms slamming into its chest. Whatever he was trying to do was not being executed delicately or hesitantly, as he continued to fire his backpack thrusters and rear verniers lending him more forward momentum as Sven continued to move backwards - the business end of an unlit beam saber jammed right up against the upper chest dangerously close to the cockpit area.

"We're done here!" he growled, his voice raised again as they cleared the edge of the debris, small bits of garbage clattering off of the rear and sides of Haksson's suit. He fired verniers along the front of his Marasai, suddenly separating from Sven. He was readying the beam saber when he finally noticed he was no longer concealed by the debris, and even worse Alpha Bate's flight of mobile suits was close enough to clearly see anything he did next. Stifling a curse, Daren spoke to them on a Titans channel in a defeated tone, "See that Ltjg. Haksson gets back to the Kirov,". He turned slightly, his monoeye tracking back to the debris where Hepburn still was. "We'll have another chance. The circumstances were wrong this time..." he muttered, slowly taking off after the friendly suits.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!