Episode 26 - Operation Maelstrom

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Inferno

Re: Episode 26 - Operation Maelstrom

- Salamis Kai-class Herakles
- Main Bridge –

Marco felt uneasy at the inability to reach the main fleet. It could only mean trouble for them. Orsino, however, was doing the mental math. So he's running the show. More than likely Basque and Jabitov bought the farm. Orsino turned to face his captain. "So what's the worst case-scenario?" he inquired calmly. I shouldn't have to jump ship. But there better be some other way out. I haven't had my share of the action yet.
Wedge14

[Pan Heyden]
The burly earthnoid was the last of Alpha team to leave his cockpit. He slipped a data disk into his mouth and clenched it with his teeth holding it in place as he left the hangar.

As Heyden entered the corridor he had to stop and read the signs to find his way to the Gamma pilot room. Heyden entered the room and quickly found Lt. Telitha's locker. Heyden took one last look at the data disk and tucked it into the locker door's grate.
The only hint at what exactly was on that disk was on the label. In red pen Heyden had written "From Alice <3"

There was no way Pan would use that sea serpent again. It would be best suited for someone like Telitha. There was all the combat data nick would need to upload into his machine and to utilize the weapon for his own use.

Heyden was quick to leave Gamma team's ready room and made his way to Alpha's room. Dolk and Stukov were nowhere to be seen. Heyden didn't even take his flight suit off as he reached for a warm beer he stashed in his locker.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Kite_Ishma

Hamburg, Hanger

Kite sighed sitting in the open cockpit of his Nemo on standby. His little search for that mobile suit was a waste, it was too far and if he tried togo after it now, well... he would have been pulled into something more and probably wouldn't have made it back. He shook his head leaving the Nemo for a moment to check teh tech crews logs on any more damages.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Beta Team -

Wolf had adjusted his suit's speed and handling to compensate for the dead weight that was Kate's bashed-in Marasai, and was finalizing an approach vector to take him in to the Kirov when he noticed more Titans IFF signals indicated behind him. He shifted in his seat and looked over his shoulder, his eyes narrowing at the LT TELITHA identification encircling the modified Barzam on his monitor. The computer would not readily display combat maneuver data on friendly suits which could be troublesome - and often was with Nick around - so he had to be in control of what happened next. "--tter, you're cleared for approach and landing," one of the mothership's operators said, but he was already tuning out their chatter. "Daren," he hissed, "That snake is following me again. We may be able to deal with this irritation now if that hulking moron isn't with him,". Even if he didn't fight Nick one-on-one (or two-on-one as it were) there was already a plot forming in his head.

Forcing his mobile suit into a wide turn, Ritter broke off from his approach with the Marasai still in tow to face Nick. Daren dutifully followed him as he, despite what would seem to be against better judgment, accelerated, burning even more of his remaining propellant. Wolf didn't care if he was low on ammo, he would see this through to its end. As he crossed into mid range with Nick, he jerked his Barzam into what looked like the start of another turn. This time however the powerful verniers fired in a series across his side and back, throwing his suit into an acceleration-assisted mimicry of a discus spin. The Barzam rolled through a few high speed turns and then hurled Kate's Marasai right at Nick before using its built up momentum to fling itself into a rough dive.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 Space -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

"Combat is thinning out here - stay alert until that Zeke fleet is done taking off. Keep giving them some encouragement as long as we stay in range, but get ready to take us to our omega point at the colony," the captain ordered, nodding to Wade to get the fleet ready to move on through the field. The 4th, like the rest of the AEUG, had been given a series of positions to take for the duration of Maelstrom, including several alternate "contingency" points they would have withdrawn to if things... hadn't gone well. And thank God things had worked out, because the AEUG had thrown its full military weight into the operation. Their 'omega point', the planned final position for the 4th Squadron, was a field near Gryps 2 itself that they were to guard until things were officially done and the Argama was ready to begin reorganizing the defense.

Abbey rested back in his command chair and blew out a heavy breath. He was just starting to let his guard down a little, to relax now that the battle was coming to an end, and once again he could feel every single HOUR of his age groaning at him in his joints now that the adrenaline was starting to wear off. "Ah, hell," he muttered, reaching up to remove the bulky helmet from his normal suit. If it was irresponsible, he didn't care. He felt like he had earned a little bit of irresponsible conduct. "Captain, the Argama is broadcasting a tentative success message," Jane said with a relieved smile, "All-clear to be established once Haman Karn's command ship has left the area,". Abbey nodded as he wiped his forehead, "Good. I've had about enough of that woman's followers for today..."

- Hangar -

"FOUR DOWN. GOOD! KEEP 'EM COMING!" Sager yelled, encouraging his crew as the parade of mobile suits continued to land. He glided overhead, giving more orders to the mechanical teams as the ship's maintenance beds and storage racks quickly began to fill. With Team 1 landing and making their way inside, space to operate would be at more of a premium. And everyone else was right on their heels from the sound of the rapid fire recall announcements coming from the bridge. Sager got the sense that the battle was pretty much over even though he hadn't been able to get near one of the monitors in a while. "Heads up, Team 1 walking in! Get everything ready over there!" he said, urging on the men and women in charge of servicing Team 1's MS.

There was a delay as Fritz' damaged suit was secured in its berth, and a lone medic was standing by with the mechanics as Michiko and Jacob's mobile suits plodded away to their own spots to either side of it. By the time the crew had the one-armed, beat up suit locked down and relatively safe, Michiko was already waiting alongside the medic as a grease monkey manually opened the cockpit hatch. "What are you-- I told you it wasn't necessary," Fritz muttered, looking up at the pair. He fumbled with a large patch as he tried to apply it across the tear in his normal suit with one hand. "Sir, allow me to take care of that," the medic said, leaning into the cockpit to get at his arm. "No, no," Fritz still protested, covering up his shoulder, "You get out of here and find somewhere else to be where you're needed,". After some more back and forth, an obstinate Fritz finally got the man to throw his hands up and leave the cockpit.

"You do need help," Michiko said, slipping inside as Fritz released himself from the linear seat. He stopped protesting as she took the suit patch and gently tugged at his wrist to get him to let her move his injured arm. She looked at the darkened material of the normal suit and got a glimpse of the gouge across his shoulder and gasped quietly. "Fritz!" she admonished him in shock, "This is bad!". He grimaced and grumbled, "It's not that bad. I just can't get my suit patched. Help me get it done and I'll go to sick bay myself,". Hurriedly smoothing the sticky patch across his arm to keep it from leaking any worse, she moved behind his seat to help him move towards the cockpit opening. After a small wobble to steady himself, he winced as he attempted to reach out for the lip of the hatch with his left arm and quickly drew back the hurt limb.

Michiko moved forward and grabbed him by the waist, sliding her helmet gingerly beneath his good arm to prop it across her shoulders to guide him out of the cockpit. "Don't use that arm. Hold it close to your body," she ordered, taking control of the situation, "We're going to sick bay before you pass out,". Fritz quietly obeyed her, not in the mood or feeling the energy to resist... his arm was starting to hurt more now that he was moving around, and his jaw locked shut as he allowed her to guide them to the closest catwalk. He was focused enough on the pain radiating out from his shoulder that he had stopped worrying what anyone in the hangar would think seeing her haul him out.

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

"Congrats, sir. Looks like we've done it," Lt. Stalvern said with a nod to his captain as he approached Loweno's chair. "The damn Balrampur doesn't have anything to celebrate, John. Those Titans shouldn't have gotten past us," Loweno said, shaking his head. He already had his normal suit's helmet off and was gnawing on a thumbnail as he angrily pondered their engagement with the Titans that weren't supposed to be anywhere near that close to Gryps 2. "I want us out there at the wreck looking for survivors as soon as we're able, John. Carl and Chris can hold at omega while we swing back," he said, his hand clenching into a fist, "I owe that much to them,". "Yes, sir. I'll make sure it's cleared," Stalvern nodded dutifully. The captain stared at his hand for a few seconds and then seemed to snap out of it. He turned to his XO and added in a much calmer tone, "And get the Seattle or the Irish on the horn. We've got one of their boys here,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"I... I don't even..." Wald stammered, wide-eyed, as he and the rest of the men and women present on the bridge stared dumbfounded at the quickly dissipating puff of color that used to be Ken Graden's mobile suit. Their war veteran and team mentor had been killed by an AEUG pilot as the two sides were on the verge of separating... It was a waking nightmare. "O-one minute, captain," Gina said, her voice wavering, calling his attention back to the fact that they were technically already retreating with the flagship. "God DAMN it!" Lt. Ball yelled, smashing his fist against the top of the closest console, "I told you, captain!". "Quiet," Wald croaked, his voice failing him as Ball continued to rant, "Quiet."

"Now Graden is dead, captain, and you have yourself to thank for it. That's one less man who stood against our enemies in the independence war that we have to call on," Ball growled, pointing a finger at Pizal, "Do you think you're as valuable as he was? An officer who earned a cape standing on the bridge of a rear-line cruiser?". "I SAID QUIET!" Wald snapped, backhanding Ball full across the face sending the pilot reeling. "Stand down! All further launches are canceled!" the captain ordered forcefully, turning to point at Vada. "S-sir," the operator nodded, turning away to get to work. Pizal moved away from Lt. Ball to take a position closer to Raquel and pointed at Gina, who had already turned white as a sheet. "Report to the Trammel and Haman-sama's flagship - we're prepared to withdraw immediately."
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Cardi Doorl

- Main Bridge –

"So what's the worst case-scenario?"

“Worst-case, Orsino? It’s hard to say. I’m sure Captain Om has had his hands full ever since that Haman Karn revealed her backstabbing ways.”

Then Captain Berg pushed off from his command seat and came to a stop at the viewing panels to look out over the warships of Taskforce Echo. “We Titans are in a period of transition now, and at a crucial juncture in history. The people of Earth will expect more from soldiers like you.

“You’re all dismissed until further notice. Get some rest, all of you. You’ll need it for the days ahead.”
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
blind_dead_mcjones

"f*** it.."wales muttered after waiting getting nothing but silence in response to his request to land, any longer he spent out there was a second closer to being shot, he didn't care that the battle was almost over, or that he hadn't been cleared to land yet, he just wanted to get out of the cockpit.

firing a half second burst from the thrusters, the rick dias drifted towards the starboard catapult of the dervish, as he drew close to the hangar door he set down the Rick dias S he was towing onto the catapault deck, but when he fired the thrusters a second time they sputtered and died as the last few traces of propellant were burnt up, fortunately for him with the direction he was heading his dias settled front first against the hull section next to the catapault deck

wasting no time wales shut down his mobile suit and opened the hatch before pulling himself out and towards the rick dias S, needing to know what happened to his teammate, as he floated past the head he grabbed onto the nearest thing that would serve as a grip, and pulled the level labelled 'emergency hatch release' after taking a deep breath.

it was eerie what he saw, though at first glance the entire cockpit appeared normal, upon closer inspection he saw that the plastic for the centre console was slightly distorted, he then looked at the motionless body that sat in the linear seat, again all appeared normal save for the total lack of movement, and his hands were still tightly gripping the controls. wales grabbed terraces left arm and pulled at it, when the hand came free from the joystick it left part of the normal suit and a layer of skin behind, having been fused the control, seeing that he recoiled in disgust.

It was too much for the rookie pilot to handle

letting go he pulled himself out of the ruined rick dias S cockpit and kicked himself away, not caring if there was anyone or anything behind him as he drifted into the hangar of the AEUG warship.

"that..thats just wrong." he said to himself as he felt the urge to throw up for the second time that day.
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

- Main Bridge –

"Of course, sir. You can depend on us." Marco's response was polite, and masked his doubt. He motioned to Orsino, and they both left the bridge.

- Pilot's Quarters –

The awkward silence was broken up by Orsino's simple remark. "Basque's already dead." Without even looking, Marco threw back his hand in silent anger. The wild blow caught Orsino off guard, sending him tumbling back. Without a word, Marco continued on into Criss's quarters. Chuckling to himself, Orsino stalked off into his own room.

Marco looked at Criss, laying absently on her bed. She sat up and spoke. "You shouldn't hit him. He likes it."

"Yeah, I can tell. Nothing seems to even hurt that freak. But what can I say? He's under my supervision now."

Criss shot Marco an inquisitive glance. "Why?"

"Because, someone has to keep him under control. You want him screwing up another mission?" Criss nodded, but then looked at him.

"But how? He's not afraid of anything."

"Trust me, I'll break him. I have to." Criss nodded. "But enough about him. How are you?"

"Worried. I heard what he said... It's true isn't it?"

"What? Don't trust him. Basque Om is too well-protected to bite it. We're gonna meet up with the main fleet, and finish off the AEUG with one big counterattack. Everything's OK." Marco wanted to reassure Criss. He really hoped he was making an impact here, but he had his own doubts about the future of the Titans. Orsino's chuckling didn't help...
wonton bob

- Gryps 2 Space -

- The Dervish -
- Hanger -

Bernard walked onto the catwalk to check up on how the repairs were coming along on his B-type when the mobile suit teams returning from battle caught his eye. He no longer cared about the young axis pilot but only to fly out and help his team.

When he saw a young Ensign reel from a cockpit he knew the reason why.

"It's almost like that time you came back...wasn't it Kai? I didn't mean to leave you out there." he uttered as he watched Wales' reaction.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Inferno

- The Dervish -
- Hanger -

Kou didn't leave his cockpit. He didn't want to. He had lost half his team and his entire ship. How could he be so careless? What went wrong? How could he have slipped up? He didn't know. He didn't want to know. He leaned back. He needed a moment to calm down...
Xvlai

- Shoal Zone –

The only warning Sven had was from the reflection cast by a piece of stray colony mirror of the beam burning through space. Burning precious propellant Sven rapidly accelerated and ‘dove’ upwards around a massive chunk of Colony. The quick maneuver saved him as the EFSF Colony Patrol Ship ruptured and exploded into an ever growing debris cloud. Latching onto a small section of Colony mirror Sven unceremoniously flinched as the mirror was buffeted by debris and shook violently. Luckily the mirror held, more importantly Sven caught a glimpse of the taskforce through some clear space. From here he might be able to make a run for the Kirov, but given Hepburn’s accuracy with the beam rifle it would be no sure thing.

Anyways, it was highly unlikely that Hepburn had caught his maneuver and playing dead was the safest and most reliable option he had. If he had caught it, then he would have to get in close to make sure the explosion had finished the job. The piece of colony he had used as a shield was lazily spinning away from the impact point. Hepburn’s thruster flares were easy enough to catch when debris did not obstruct his vision. The Barzam would be incredibly difficult to see pressed up against the dark side of the mirror unless he and Hepburn were bumping heads. If he didn’t get a chance to lay low and get back to the Kirov, Sven would just have to put an end to Hepburn, after all in this situation he had become the hunter.
mcred23

-Team 2-

The attacking Gaza exploded and finally gave Eddie and Sophie a chance to close ranks for skin talk.

"We're clear of 'em." Eddie sighed, letting a little of the tension of battle show. "You good on fuel?" He asked, forgetting if he had already done so.

"Barely, but I should have enough to make it." Sophie reported with a hint of optimism about getting back to the ship.

"Stay close." Eddie ordered and pulled apart, leading the pair of Rick Dias upward. The fighting looked to be clearing up, but there was still less shots going above the area in which the fleets were advancing.

They flew on for a few more minutes before sensors began reporting an incoming mobile suit, which the machine quickly identified as another Rick Dias. Eddie grinned and switched to the main AEUG channel. "Welcoming party?"

The response was filled with static, but the voice was obvious. "Hi Eddie."

"Cowboy!" Eddie grinned as they closed, Marvin slowing his Rick Dias down but Eddie and Sophie didn't stop. "Hey, we're short on fuel, wanna cover us getting back?"

"Sure." Marvin quickly agreed, lest he have to go off on his own and fell in behind the rest of the team as they started back towards the Dervish.

"Was Korbel with you?" Sophie asked, remembering how Marvin and Bernard had gone off together.

"Yeah, where is the old bastard?" Eddie put in, remembering the same fact belatedly.

"We got seperated. Don't know where he is." Marvin said quietly, which Eddie recognized as the younger man not particularly caring about the situation.

Eckardy frowned, but let it go for now as they flew back.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
mcred23

-Kalinin Team-

Bate and Runnels finally returned to the Kalinin, with Alpha taking his Marasai in to land while Janice circled the ship before moving out into a patrol pattern.

As soon as his Marasai was in its proper spot in the hangar, Bate was out of the cockpit. The two rejects were just returning to the hangar as Bate floated over towards Runnels' repaired suit, which Hicks was getting ready to board.

"Move." Bate grunted as he shouldered his way past the younger man into the cockpit.

"S-Sir!" Hicks said, suprised as Bate started powering the suit up. "What should I do?"

"Just go sleep or something. Things are finishing up. Don't take my Marasai." Bate shot the younger man an angry glance, who quickly and obviously shuddered in suprise and fear. Hicks merely nodded and kicked off the cockpit hatch and away from Bate, which was all he cared about. Soon as the suit was going, Bate keyed the comm system. "Ready, Craig?"

"S-Sir?! U-Uh, yes..." The younger man stammered, suprised not to hear Hicks.

"Follow me and stay close." Bate ordered, stepping the Marasai out of it's berth and towards the catapult.

==================================================================

Runnels continued to fly patrol patterns close to the Kalinin as she waited for the rest of the team to launch when Sunoue's Marasai approached the ship.

"Commander, is that you?" Sunoue asked.

"No, but he'll be here soon. Just get in formation and follow me." Runnels ordered quietly.

"Yes ma'am." Arc nodded and raced over to fall in behind Runnels as her flight path took her back towards the Kalinin, where a Marasai was being moved up onto the catapult...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
The Big Zabowski

-Jack-

Regardless of seeing the Barzam explode or not, he had to confirm the kill. To take out one of Ritters underlings and a viable threat onboard the Kirov would call for such a risky maneuver. As such, Jack kicked off of his hiding place and leapfrogged from one large chunk to another.

If Sven saw him coming it would be of no consequence, the various small pieces of debris that could move contrary to their normal patterns would be his first place to start. With that said, a few large chunks of colony debris: outer hull plating, mirror fragments, chunks of colony wall itself, Jack decided to start from the epicenter and track a possible escape route..

It was like deer hunting.

As he sat among the remains of the colony ship, he noticed two or three large mirror panels. Loosely connected and bent but close enough to other parts like a curved plate of colony hull that drifted in-congruently with the rest of the debris. He mentally marked it as a place to start before also sighting Echo in a clearing.

It also struck him as odd that there was no fragments of the Barzam or it's weapons. No transponder or distress signal denoting any location of any remains. Something was amiss, the explosion should have left SOMETHING of the Barzam behind.

If Sven were playing dead.. that was probably the exit he was going to use. With a burst of thrust, he positioned himself in the middle of the clearing before slowly drifting toward the areas of question that he'd spotted before. He racked his rifle and drew the hilt of one of his beam sabers. His eyes patiently scanned the field as the explosion's ripple continued to expand through the area. The chunk of colony mirrors he spotted earlier had also begun to move perilously close to impacting the colony hull segment.

With another slow hand, he input a command into his targeting computer to began scanning through the debris for any Titan IFF/transponder signal.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
King Monkey

Dervish Hangar
- Team 1-

The hatch to Jacob's cockpit did not open until after Michiko and Fritz were already out of the hangar. After his last message to the team, there'd been only silence from the young man.

When the hatch opened and he floated out, his helmet was missing. His eyes were red and puffy and it was clear that tears had flown from them quite recently.

Apparently, he'd regained control of himself, however as his voice was completely flat and passionless as he spoke to some of the engineers who were already swarming over his Rick Dias to repair it.

"There's a broken screen in there," he said as he floated past, hooking a thumb back toward his cockpit.

And, indeed, once the repair crew got inside, they would find that one of the screens on the floor was cracked. His helmet lay in the middle of the panel and it wouldn't take much investigation to determine that the damage was done from the inside rather than the outside.

Jacob made his way to the ready room, sitting down and staring at the wall opposite him. He was simply waiting for the call to go back out.

Bindra

Djorn could only watch in horror as Graden's Mobile Suit exploded. If only he'd been able to launch a few minutes earlier. He and Graden would have been able to drive those dirt loving AEUG pilots back to their ships with their tails between their legs.

Now, they had to suffer the tragedy of losing both an experienced pilot and one of their valuable Gaza C Mobile Suits. He would have launched anyway to avenge Graden's death, but the orders came down from the bridge that they were not allowed to.

With a heavy heart and a slow tread, he moved his Suit back to it's position in the hangar. It was impossible to deny that they'd lost this day, but that just meant that they would have to work harder for their next victory.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Ziryab

-outside the Bindra-

Pris uncomfortably collapsed into the seat of her Gaza-C. Just moments after their refueling the Bindra Team was greeted with an unwelcoming explosion.

I only blinked, she thought to herself, and Kenneth's blip was gone. Turning her gaze from the dissapating cloud that engulfed her fellow veteran, she kept an unwary eye on Djorn, whom she felt the likeliest of their pilots to chase the retreating Rick Dias pair. His withheld behaviour made her fidget.

"Being a veteran can get lonely," she said to no one in particular.

-Bindra's bridge-

The Spach Team and Graden, defeatedly exhaled at both the lost of another veteran and the retreat of the two AEUG units.

"Moving us out now,sir," filling in the unwelcome human silence on the bridge as their time was nearly up. The Bindra's retreat began as a short dive that lead into a half loop before rolling the ship over and sped towards the latest rally point.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Attomoku

Gamma

Lt. Te'litha

"Collision course??" Nick mumbled to himself as the remains of of Kate's Marasai barreled towards him quickly. His computer finally managed to pick up a very weak IFF about the time he saw the ruined head and upper torso of the suit. "Sunova'bitch!" Nick snarled, almost being able to 'see' the custom paint job scraped off of Wolf's Barzam, as he dove under the incoming suit, letting it continue into the debris. "You just can't help yourself can you!" Nick yelled as he targeted Wolf and let out a burst of 120mm fire. "It's not enough that you kill those on the same side, but even those in your little cadre?!" He yelled in righteous indignation.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Xvlai

- Shoal Zone –

As the slowly drifting panel completed another circuit Sven caught Hepburn’s Marasai plunging into the debris. Without giving up his position he tracked the Marasai as it slowly approached the outcropping of mirror debris. Sven fought against the instinct to hold still within the cockpit as if Hepburn would be able to track his human movement while he checked and double checked his thrusters and fuel. He had worked up a haphazard plan while waiting to see if Hepburn would confirm the kill. That Hepburn would come to check the kill was no great surprise; the man seemed driven to finish the job.

Still, Sven would have scant time to make his move, Hepburn seemed to have been put in charge of Te’litha and that was no position for a fool. He would get one pass to neutralize or cripple Hepburn’s suit before he burned propellant in an attempt to make it to the Kirov. If he could get within visual range Hepburn would have to stop, unless Black was using this opportunity to finish off the Ritter’s. If that was the case Sven did not know exactly what he would do, Ritter would be there to tell him what to do when he got there. Sven’s intent was not to run, but rather to live again and report back to Wolf the connection between the AEUG and Te’litha.

As the mirror swung around away from Hepburn, Sven kicked off from the chunk of mirror for a boost of momentum. Taking careful aim he sent two clay rounds at the other large mirror segments floating nearby. It took only moments for the rounds to impact shattering the debris and spreading highly reflective mirror fragments across the area. Still using his initially momentum Sven finally spun in a tight circle to face the chunk of mirror he had been using as cover. The explosion from the clay shell shattered it sending spiraling light shows across the shattered mirror pieces.

His targeting computer had been heavily damaged when his missile pod had exploded but he was able to catch sight of Hepburn’s Marasai much closer than he had thought it would be. Throwing his Barzam into a clipped ascent towards the Kirov, its thruster flares reflecting off the shattered mirrors, Sven fired two bazooka rounds at the Marasai, “I can’t fault you for being persistent Hepburn, but a man like yourself should know not to hunt the hunted.”
The Big Zabowski

-Jack-

Like Sven, Jack knew that his opponent wasn't one to really trifle with. Hand picked as a Ritter wingman was a serious indicator of the skill and tact of a pilot under his command. Still, that wasn't to say that he was right. In the end Jack knew that it was people like the Ritters, Black, Scirroco..

There were just too many, and it seemed that though the AEUG had it's share of odd-apples...

Deep down he actually began to regret his catcall to Fritz back near the Zeon/AEUG lines. However, he quickly brushed those thoughts aside as his tinted visor dimmed out the sudden spray of mirror glass in a predictable pattern. His computer picked up the signal of the Barzam and from there quickly painted him as two bazooka rounds were launched his way.

The Marasai, still having a half a tank in relative terms, rolled deftly around the bazooka rounds and kicked off several pieces of debris in his way. All the while he starred laser beams into his display panels that indicated Sven's quickly closing Barzam.

The high heat signature of the thruster flares betrayed Sven as the cooler reflections allowed the computer aided system to land a pipper on the suit.

"I do know, however there's the slight issue-ah me bein' the hunter. Turns out the AEUG, for once, was right about something."

A second burst of his Marasai's thrusters sent him on a tight intercept course to ram the Barzam.

"That something.. was us. Ya know, Sven.. if you want to play nice Titan and suck Ritters salty member all day.. do it in hell. I'll send ya there to meet 'em!"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)