Episode 26 - Operation Maelstrom

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: Episode 26 - Operation Maelstrom

-Team 3-

wales grunted in frustration as his shots missed Stukovs Griffin, a fact made all the more irritating by the fact that he would've hit the guy dead on if he hadn't pulled off that weird spinning trick. then he found himself having to adopt some evasive maneuovres as the blue suit returned fire, much like when he assaulted the support ship wales pulled off another stomach churning barrel roll, it worked for dodging the first two shots but the third scraped very close to the Rick Dias, due to the suits' orientation it gouged a deep scorched channel down the length of the Dias' front left side and tearing most of the left foot off, thankfully by then two of the three titans' suits decided to retreat

Oh so NOW you decide to run?! Wales thought bitterly, though truth be told he was relieved that they were finally leaving rather than continuing to tear them apart
Flag Fighter for life!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Lt. Dolk -

Dolk only chuckled wordlessly as he saw Stukov's lead shots impact Wes Curren's mobile suit. The other two members of Alpha had taken to the Griffin effortlessly, just as he had. Whoever had cooked up the design at Anaheim deserved a raise and a nice pat on the back courtesy of the Titans. The lieutenant's quiet laughter abruptly cut off, however, when he saw that not only was the Rick Dias still operational but that its pilot had the control and wherewithal to dodge his support fire. His brow knit as he watched the red mobile suit jump into a climb after what looked like a hit to the chest. Something had to be wrong with Stukov's beam rifle or the hit wasn't as direct as it looked. Dolk's frown deepened further as his computer whined at him about the return fire that was streaking towards him. He tilted his head downward slightly and looked over the top of his sunglasses at the wide spread of missiles that were now on their way from Wes' suit. This guy was annoying.

"But it don´t make no difference cause I ain´t gonna be easy," Dolk warned as his Griffin jerked to a stop and let rip with several beam rifle blasts into the thick of the missile cloud, "The only time I´m gonna be easy is when I´m killed by death,". As the squat yellow beams vaporized and detonated some of the tube missiles, Dolk set off again in a max acceleration tumble after Stukov and Pan, his Griffin going through some kind of canopy roll that seemed to be purely for show as he cleared the dumbfire missiles' attack area.

- Beta Team -

"What the hell is going on out here?" Wolf muttered as he continued to weave his way through the debris field with Daren in tow a short distance behind. There was radio traffic coming from friendly mobile suits in the area that gave no reply when answered, the fleet had fired a spread of signal flares in an old pattern probably to mask their intent in a way he couldn't figure out, and his team was still split up with Sven stuck on his own against Nick and that giant Hepburn. He could see the Kirov in the distance through floating bits of junk, her large thruster flares now oriented towards them as the fleet readied itself to depart. Much closer ahead of them was a dull orange object which he quickly recognized as a nearly-stationary Marasai. "--tter... Daren... Ltjg. Haksson... if any of you can hear me, please return to the ship. This is Ens. Elliot," came a broadcast over the team channel, mostly unaffected by the Minovsky interference and the garbage.

"It's Kate," Daren stated the obvious, only angering Wolf more, "Has she been here the entire time?". "Has she fucking been here the entire time," Ritter parroted, hissing the question back at Nwosu rhetorically. Of course she had! Waiting there in the shoal for whoever came back, to either finish the job or fly back with her 'friends' who had been bought and paid for just like her. "She's about to get a wake up call," he growled, accelerating back to high speed as he ducked a spinning bit of metal from some long-finished work project. "S-sir? What do you mean?" Daren asked, flustered at the outburst and his CO's angry reaction. Then he remembered the forged letter and the missing papers Ritter had been looking for. "I mean," Wolf answered, rolling his suit around more debris and shifting his bazooka to his left hand, "I'm about to have one less pain in the ass to deal with. One less thief. One less unbeliever in my hair night and day,".

"Sir, is this--" Daren began to interrupt, but he held his tongue. After the last time he questioned Wolf he didn't know what Ritter would do in such a state. And besides, Kate could defend herself; she was just unlucky. He had to remember he had much more important things to worry about than her safety whether he was the cause of her personal troubles or not. Wolf slipped past another hunk of debris and sharply changed direction to head for Kate as he hit a clearing of sorts. "Ltcmdr. Ritter, is that you?" Kate asked, her Marasai slowly turning to face the oncoming Barzams. Daren became more alarmed as he realized the two suits were now playing a game of chicken that Ens. Elliot seemed to be unaware she was taking part in. After blazing across the open space between them, Wolf sprang upon her in a rage, yelling like a madman as he snatched at her suit with his open right hand.

"Die, you bitch! Your friends aren't here to help you!" he howled, his Barzam's hand getting a firm grip on the Marasai's face cables and 'mouth' vent. His experimental unit's backpack and body thrusters continued to roar at full power, causing him to effectively drag her suit along by the head towards the nearest large piece of debris. Kate began to cry out in protest, taken totally by surprise, but Wolf ignored her pleas. "This is your payment! Work it out with Friday once he joins you in hell!" he grunted, slamming the Marasai into the thick sheet of dense metal face first at full speed. The head and upper body of the suit crumpled from the sheer force and power the Barzam had put behind it, ruining Wolf's suit's hand as it was crushed along with the Marasai's shoulders.

"Good Lord!" Daren whispered under his breath, crossing himself at the sight. Ens. Elliot didn't even have time to understand what was happening or beg for mercy before she had been totally crushed by Wolf. He fired his verniers, backing away from the metal to yank away the mangled mobile suit. "We're done here. I'll haul in this trash," Wolf said, letting go of his unit's bazooka to grab Kate's suit with his good hand.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 Space -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

"We've got suits coming in at both catapult decks and the rear recovery bay, sir. If things get any more busy we might have to divert someone to the New Yark," Wade grunted as he watched footage from the ship's outer cameras that were trained on the several entrances to the hangar. "The fleet is taking up positions around Gryps 2, captain. No all-clear yet," Jane reported with a faint smile. The AEUG had all but accomplished their goals, but there was still fighting going on. "No all-clear, huh?" Abbey asked jokingly, "That's strange,". He rested his hands on his hips and nodded more seriously, "Well, we've got them. And thank God we took this thing away from Axis and the Titans...". His jaw worked as he thought for a few moments in silence. "When one of them comes back for it, it'll be bad. This was child's play."

- Hangar -

"You've got to be kidding me!" Sager grumbled, scurrying out of the way as another response team rushed to take up positions at the rear recovery entrance. He grabbed a handrail to steady himself as he watched his crew prepare to take in at least two full teams worth of mobile suits at once. "Some kind of conspiracy," he muttered, "They do this on purpose,".

- Team 1 -

"I'm going to need a little more cooperation than this," Michiko huffed as she pushed back with vernier power to keep Fritz upright and pointed in the right direction. His Rick Dias seemed to want to veer to the right, and with little computer assistance he was forced to put many of the controls on manual. "Sorry," he mumbled, concentrating on keeping the landing lights lined up ahead of him. They seemed so tiny now that he had to make every little course correction and speed adjustment on his own, and the cut on his arm continued to sting and throb as sweat beaded up on his forehead. "I'll call ahead for a medic," Michiko said, pushing back against his suit again as he drifted off course. "No," Fritz blurted, before lowering his voice and continuing, "I can patch the suit and go get help on my own. They might be needed somewhere else,".

After a moment of staticky silence Fritz heard a click and a short buzz as Michiko switched over to closed skin talk. "Are you okay? I can hear that you're hurting," she asked, appearing in his HUD in a small frame, "And I can't see you,". Fritz shook his head, "The computer dropped dead. I'm getting video from you but the colors aren't right,". Her brows knit slightly and she admonished, "That's not what I meant and you know it. How badly are you hurt?". So that's what it took to get her talking again. He reached across his body with his right arm to feel at the torn edges of the cut on his normal suit and inhaled sharply as his hand brushed across the gash on his upper arm. "Fritz, I heard that. I'm going to call for a medic," she said, her sharp look softening to worry as the image of her flickered to black and white. Behind them, Celeste allowed Jacob to pull away from her again as they clustered together on the way back to the ship. She knew he had to calm down before he could be reasoned with.

"This is Michiko - Team 1 is heading in for the starboard launch deck. I need a medic to report to Fritz' Rick Dias immediately as soon as we land," she reported in for them, her high pitched voice taking on some confidence. "Aww, I told you--" Fritz protested, still fighting the controls to keep his suit upright and on a proper heading as they closed in. "Quiet. Stop talking and land your mobile suit," Michiko interrupted him.

- New Yark Team -

The pair of Nemos from Capt. Guanche's ship slowed to a crawl as the trio of blue Titans mobile suits turned to speed away. "W-was that--?" Thibaut stammered aloud after they both got a decent look at the unit that had been tangled up with Wes and the other Team 3 suits. One of the Griffins had some paint highlights, and at that distance in that light they almost looked... pink. Hard AE came up next to Thibaut and clanged his shield against the young pilot's suit. "Say, say, say," he said, sounding as serious as his strange voice ever allowed, "That fellow did look familiar. Pink and yellow, ufoo~."
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Capt. Wald sheepishly stopped clinging to Gina once it was obvious the latest threat had passed. "Aye... aye aye, sir," Raquel shakily replied, "Plotting course. And once our pilots sortie I'll begin turning us around,". "Good. Graden has been out there a long time on his own," Pizal said, wondering what the man's total flight time was by now. The rest of his team had returned what seemed like an eternity ago with nearly empty fuel tanks, but the humorless veteran continued the fight alone. Lt. Ball gave voice to his concerns again, imploring, "Captain, please reconsider. Allow me to launch in one of your men's Gazas to cover our escape,". Despite his fears, the captain again shook his head. "Please don't ask me again, lieutenant. You're to remain here. Once we've joined formation with the flagship I may have you sortie," he answered firmly. "Two minutes, Capt. Wald," one of the operators from the Trammel updated through the fleet connection, causing Pizal to rub his temples in annoyance. "They give us three minutes to break off combat and join the withdrawal formation... I know her highness should be quickly spirited away from this, but still..."
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Cardi Doorl

OOC: Thanks for your patience, Herakles guys

IC:
- Salamis Kai-class Herakles
- Main Bridge –

Alex Weber, clutching paperwork, entered the bridge with perfect timing. "I presume we're leaving the area?" he asked after a brisk salute. While Orsino seemed distracted, muttering to himself while gazing out at the few flashes of the dwindling combat that could be seen through the debris, Marco cut in with a quip: "If you don't watch out Alex, I might wind up replacing you."

“I’m not so sure you’re interested in team leadership, di Manco,” said Berg, in his dry, casual way. Marco had been serving in mobile suits since the war, but hadn’t seen a promotion above junior-grade lieutenant despite his experience, but there was no need for Berg to elaborate on that. Instead, he turned to Alex. “Yes, Weber, we’re leaving. I expect the report for the team’s most recent sortie filed immediately. I want your team on standby, in case the AEUG or Zeon decide to follow us. Any further questions?”
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Inferno

- Main Bridge –

Orsino snickered when Berg commented on Marco. Truth be told, he was resentful that he had to be Marco's charge, since he was dealing with an officer he couldn't break into line easily. "We can't all be leaders, Marco. I've been flying since '79 and still can't get past Ensign."

Marco shot him a menacing glare. Obviously, Orsino had to be undermining his authority. He was in charge of this freak for under an hour and he already resented himself for taking on the position.
mcred23

-Team 2-
-Eddie-

The lone Gaza continued to fire back at the pair of retreating Rick Dias. Eckardy juked to his right to avoid the well aimed shot, which came close enough to clip and melt the barrel of the beam pistol in the left hand of the MSA-099S. Coggs pushed her C-Type Dias downward, causing the shots to miss high, keeping a close eye on the fuel gage that seemed to be going down far too quickly.

"S***..." Eddie grumbled and tossed away the useless beam pistol. Taking his beam rifle into a two handed grip, he quickly fired three shots at the Gaza and adjusted his thrusters, angling slightly closer to Sophie as they continued to make their escape.

==================================================================

-Marvin-

It seemed to take forever, but eventually one of the mechanics stuck his face in front of the main camera and gave Cowboy a thumbs up. With everything finally ready, Cowboy moved his Rick Dias out of it's berth into the center of the hangar. One of the mechanics was pointing him to starboard, so he nudged the stick and the machine moved there and quickly locked into the catapult.

"Marvin Hamilton, going back out." He sighed.

Jane's face flashed to life on the comm screen in the cockpit. "There's a lot of fighting to port, so be careful, Marvin." She said in the same sweet tone as always, with that same smile, although the stress of the situation was somewhat obvious, and just as quickly the screen went dark as she went about other duties. Marvin sighed again and was pressed back into his seat as the catapult tossed his Rick Dias back into space.

Instantly, Hamilton could see why they had sent him to the right. The rest of the 4th was arrayed to the left, with one Salamis Kai looking dead or nearly so, and mobile suits moving around everywhere. There was enough shooting that it was clear some weren't friendly, but Marvin figured the teams in that sector could handle it.

Without any real orders, Marvin once again boosted upward, getting more or less above the fleet, and started moving back towards the main combat zone in front of them...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
mcred23

-Kalinin Team-

Other Titan MS had started popping out of the debris belt on their return to Echo, but they had mainly been some distance away from Runnels, who had drifted back slightly closer to the fleet to get a better eye on things. There was so much junk moving around in there, and so much still going on beyond it, that the sensors on the Marasai were giving her various false readings.

She thought it was another when a single red mobile suit appeared off to her right. Rifle up, she feathered her thrusters to turn to face it, but it was instantly clear that the suit was friendly. "Commander?"

The other Marasai came over and placed a hand on the shoulder of her suit. "What's going on here?" Bate asked, still sounding pissed, something the look on his face through the visor of his normal suit made clear when the video channel clicked through a moment later.

"Sunoue ran foward but I don't know where. The other two should be coming back out soon, and scattered other Echo units are coming back."

Bate scowled at it all and looked away from the camera for a moment, then quickly broke the skin talk and started drifting back towards the fleet. "Follow me back. I'll switch with one of the rookies and then we'll come back here and keep an eye on things-oh, and find Sunoue. He's probably lost in that mess." Bate kicked his thrusters alive and started back to the Kalinin, with Runnels right behind him.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Rob DS Zeta

-Kalinin Team-
-Arc Sunoue-

Arc yawned again as he pulled his Marasai off of the makeshift firing platform he had been using to target the oncoming suits. Sadly, there did not seem to be anything but friendlies coming in, and even their numbers had started to get closer to a trickle's worth.

"I guess it's time to pull back," he told himself as he started to turn the machine around and got underway towards the Kalinin. "I wonder if the others had more luck than I did?"
*insert witty eyecatch here*
King Monkey

- Team 1 -

Jacob did not know if Michiko's complaint about not having enough help was directed at him or at Fritz. It didn't matter at first. Though they were moving away from the bulk of the battle, they were still close enough that someone might take a few potshots at them. A trio of Rick Dias' made a much larger and more inviting target than even two and if trouble did come in, the pilots of Team 1 would likely get in each other's way while trying to avoid it.

By the time he felt safe enough to join Michiko in bringing the Lieutenant in, their personal conversation was over. He grabbed an arm. "Go limp, Sir, we'll haul you in," he radioed when skin talk was established. The words came out in a monotone, both the incoherent rage he'd displayed only moments before and the eagerness he'd had when he'd first joined the group nothing but a memory, now.

- Bindra Team -

Djorn was practically climbing out of his own skin with his desire to get back into the fight. He was missing all the action. He would hardly be able to brag at all about the role he had in crushing the AEUG at the glorious battle at this rate. He needed to get back out there and give those dirt lovers the drubbing they deserved.

A quick checklist told him that everything was working as well as it was going to. Any other repairs would take far more time than they had. So, without further ado, he moved his Gaza C to the catapult.

"Ens. Djorn Nachtjaeger, requesting permission to relaunch," he radioed the bridge, not willing to disobey orders even in his eagerness to get back to the fight.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
blind_dead_mcjones

-the Hamburg-
-Sick bay-

Paris winced internally at the nickname Irene blurted out, although she knew that her superior didn't mean any ill will, it conveyed the impression of being unable to do anything for herself, having to wait on others to rescue her. the fact that actually happened didn't help much either, her only relief came when irene pulled the oxygen mask off, the restrictive feeling going with it

"..the.. the patch..where is it?" she replied, slightly woozy from all the medications running their course and i hint of franticness in her voice "..and please don't call me that.." she added, there was a million things she wanted to ask but for now paris settled for struggling to get herself into a sitting position

--

Once Dolks suit left their immediate area, Wales allowed himself to relax despite still technically being in a combat zone, looking around he saw that everything was more of less being wrapped up, before taking a glance at at the display panel he saw that he was extremely low on propellant and ammunition, dropping his shoulders he opened a comm to Wes again

"Sir. i'm going to head back in, bingo fuel and ammo. i'll take the Dias S with me as well."

after waiting all of 10 seconds for an all clear before carrying out his request regardless, he slowly floated over to where the Rick Dias S was and grabbed it by the shoulders, and proceed to drag it back to the Dervish with him, feeling lethargic as the adrenaline left him while he drifted along

"Dervish, this is Ingleshard" he began quietly as he opened a comm to the ship, his voice at a volumne just slightly higher than mumuring "Requesting permission to land, might need to set up a net, the left leg is knackered and i'm flying on fumes" he paused for a second "make that two nets...and uh....have the medics on standby, but they can take their time in this case....."
Flag Fighter for life!
Cardi Doorl

- Debris Zone –
- Alpha Team -

Stukov and his men were now clear of the combat zone. The path they took through the debris didn’t cross with Beta Team’s, but upon clearing out of the drifting trash the first thing Stukov saw aside from the departing warships was a retreating Marasai that the HUD identified as belonging to the Kalinin’s MS team. Two other Kalinin Marasais were in the distance, also withdrawing back to their home ship.

After setting his Griffin on a course for the Kirov, Alpha Team’s leader opened the visor of his normal suit helmet to wipe adrenaline-fueled sweat from his forehead. The powerful acceleration of his mobile suit allowed him to close the distance quickly. “Alpha Team, landing for refueling,” he said as he opted to pop off the helmet and let it hang off his backpack hinge.

In the dénouement of a killing excursion, Stukov experienced the approach and landing as if in a dream; in what felt like moments later, his mobile suit had landed on the Kirov’s deck and was taking the elevator to the suit deck.

The Green Flame

- Salamis Kai-class Herakles –
- Main Bridge -

“Yes, Weber, we’re leaving. I expect the report for the team’s most recent sortie filed immediately. I want your team on standby, in case the AEUG or Zeon decide to follow us. Any further questions?”

"Just one Captain...." he started just as Orsino gave Marco a little verbal jab. He could tell Marco was starting to wish he didn't get command of their resident troublemaker but you reap what you sow as they say. "Have we heard anything from the main fleet? We've been out here for awhile now but I don't think they've contacted us in awhile"
Attomoku

Gamma

Lt. Te'litha

Nick noted Jack catching up quickly in the rear monitor and adjusted latitude slightly to let him latch on, "Nick.. you alright? Sven and Ritter.. now or later? It's gonna be their word against ours back on deck." Jack asked. Nick thought back briefly about what Trent had asked of him but them quickly remembered that the bastard opened up on him first.
"Yeah, Hit 'em now, and hit 'em hard. If we can, you take Sven and I'll take Wolf. He might have more fuel, but I've got more Ammo," he said as he hefted his 120 back to firing position and took off at hazardous speed through the shoal zone after breaking skintalk. He figured if he could head off Wolf and company before they reach the Kirov he might have a better shot at the bastard. After a little while of breakneck flying Nick figured he must have somehow missed and overtaken Sven in the debris, because up ahead he detected the silhouette of Echo and the Kirov and in front of that his computer picked out Wolf's and Daren's machines as the Minovsky soup thinned slightly.
"Well, so much for beating him here.." Nick thought as he accelerated towards his foe.

Pilots Lounge, Kirov

Ltjg. Kelborn

Grace poked her head into the lounge after changing out of her pilot suit and found her prize looking very content with the remains of a sandwich in the second place she looked. "Jason," she called out and moved towards him stopping just short, to give him a peck of the cheek before leaning forwards to whisper in his ear, "Take me to bed. I just want to fall asleep in your arms."

Buxoro Team

Lt. Robin & Ens. August

"Looks like we're going, guess we might leave them after all." Elijah said has he moved his Hizack out from the edge of the debris and motioned for his team to do the same. No sooner had he said so, Alpha buzzed over their line. "Or not," chimed in Tyler. "Fall back wiseass, and match speed and orientation to the Kirov." Elijah gave orders "Establish a rearguard until we are relived." "Yeah, yeah." came the multiple replies from his subordinates.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Wedge14

[Heyden]
Heyden's return to the ship was pretty uneventful. Normally i really wouldn't bother explaining his landing, but i will today.

Once Heyden got close to the ship, he flipped a switch on his control panel setting the Griffin into auto pilot. The computer quickly assessed the situation and put the machine into it's landing operations and landed safely as Pan took a few calming drags from his cigarette.

"Look ma.. No hands"

[Kenneth Graden]

Graden smirked, as his shot grazed his opponent. Out of the corner of his eye, he barely caught a flash emerging from the Bindra. Graden glanced behind his shoulder to see the Gaza-C fly off the catapult. It was only a second, a slight mistake Graden himself would scold his pilots about.

Graden turned his attention back to the two escaping Rick Dias, he tried to push his machine to the right, so he could catch the two off guard, but his machine was motionless. He was utterly out of propellant. Graden didn't even realize what was wrong as he was engulfed in a bright light and his machine exploded into thousands of pieces.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Lt. Dolk -

The Griffin was a high perfomance, experimental model indeed, and that meant it had an incredible thirst for propellant. The blue blaze fell in behind Stukov and Pan for the trip back to the Kirov, and Dolk toned down his showboating to save on fuel (mostly because there was nobody around to show off for). After grooving through the debris field, they arrived to find the fleet already preparing to leave the area. The metalhead lieutenant was the last member of Alpha team to land, air-drumming along with his music as he allowed the Griffin's computer to land the MS itself behind Pan Heyden's machine.

As soon as his suit had barely come to a stop in its rack, Dolk was on his way out of the cockpit hatch. He slithered out of the Griffin and scanned the hangar for a moment before gliding down to the catwalk provided for his egress, where he goosed the female mechanic that was patiently waiting to start working on his suit. She flinched away from his hand, then promptly turned around with a dirty look and smacked the side of his helmet. "Lieutenant! Knock it off!" she said angrily, kicking off the metal grating to put distance between them, "I mean it!". With a shrug Dolk turned away and vaulted the railing, pushing himself towards the closest hangar exit. He had better things to do with his time.

- Lt. Dolk, a few minutes later -

Dolk ran a hand through his still damp hair and adjusted the collar of his uniform as he allowed the grip to pull him down a corridor with pilots' quarters. He let go halfway down the hall and adjusted his sunglasses as he brought himself to a stop by dragging the toes of his boots against the deck. Yeah, that's the room he was looking for. Floating slightly off the floor, he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall next to the door marked G. KELBORN.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Xvlai

- Shoal Area, leaving Combat Zone –

The Barzam’s natural arc, and Sven’s incessant watching guaranteed the time he needed for his reflexes to make their moves. His Barzam was half-charred, but thankfully the suit’s thrusters were still operating. As Jack’s Marasai jumped forward firing threats and beams alike, Sven kept his Barzam in the arc he was taking it but rolled ‘upwards’ in comparison to the lances of light that had erupted from Jack. All along his radio crackled with the taunts and ravings of the Black crony. The grouping of shots ended up passing to the left and down of where Sven had intended to be. Avoiding the fire allowed him to take his Barzam even further away and back towards the Kirov.

Checking the panels to ensure he was not being followed Sven let out a sigh of relief for the first time this mission had stated. Jack was no rookie, to be expected from a Black hireling, every shot he had put towards Sven would have likely it its mark and the rounds before had not been easy shots be he still managed to secure one. If he happened to encounter Jack again he would have to be careful and certainly never make a mistake, the man was good. Sven had darted in, fired off most of his ordinance and spectacularly failed, just as Ritter had. Feeling a bit ashamed given his recent actions Sven could not help but feel that he had partially let down the Ritter family reputation for prowess on the battlefield. Next time, while Ritter dealt with Te’litha, Sven would ensure that Jack met his reckoning. After all the man could bluster all he wanted, but the only reckoning on its way was for the traitors and enemies of the Destiny. Checking his cameras to ensure his own safety, Sven drove the Barzam in a tight clip upwards towards where he assumed the Kirov to be relative to the shoal zone.

As the Barzam increasingly gained distance from the heart of the fight, Sven used the lull to quiet many of the consoles warnings. Buggering out had been the right choice, his suit was running low on propellant, was out of micro-missiles, but he still had most of his clay bazooka rounds. Still, Sven could not shake the feeling of disappointment; he had intended to kill Ashlyn. Not given to personal reflection often, it had never been his family’s way and as cogs, albeit important ones rarely try to reflect on their lot in life. Sven still found himself questioning why he had not just stay with Wolf, but why he acted out towards Ashlyn. Well, maybe not kill him, but at least punish him for his failures. At least that was what Sven thought he felt, although he was fairly certain that his personal agency in the matter was actually directed somewhere else. As quickly as these thoughts had begun, Sven quashed them, after all those bound by duty had no agency but to their duty and no will but those they served.

A blip on his main screen alerted him to the distant and gaining Barzam and Marasai belonging to Nick and Jack. Sven did not need a second glance to know who was tailing him and likely why they were tailing him. They were likely intending to finish the job somewhere inside the shoal zone. Smiling to himself Sven was partially grateful that they underestimated his skills that much, he would be first to reach the shoal zone and if they could even find him he would ensure they would never get the opportunity to report it. Wolf and Daren were likely already back at the Kirov, Sven would have to ride off this threat by himself. Reloading the bazooka, as the Barzam passed the fringes of the zone and began slipping past larger chunks of debris, Sven suddenly recalled part of the dialogue between Ashlyn and Te’litha. Nick knew some girl, named Celeine, who happened to be on one of the AEUG ships of the 4th squadron. At least the excursion was not entirely wasteful, perhaps Wolf could use this information, Sven just needed to survive long enough to get it to him.
The Big Zabowski

-Jack-

"Heh.. he's runnin'. Using the shoals to hide just like some kinda rook. He's gotta be running on fumes; Nick you head back to the Kirov and head Wolf off if you want.. I'll take Sven 'ere."

Jack saw that the Minovsky soup was thinning, allowing him to deactivate touch communication and break off from Nick's Barzam. With a boost from his thrusters he rolled off to the right and placed the Barzam (although a small burst of light at this point) into a pipper before it disappeared behind the wreckage of some smaller colony chunks.

Killing his thrusters as he approached the outer fringes of the shoal zone himself, Jack used various plates of disposed warship armor and other junk to vault from piece to piece. The aim being to conserve his fuel and use his momentum to continue through the shoal zone. All the while the Marasai pilot scanned his panoramic monitor as the sensors traced the last enhanced images that the sensors picked up before Sven slipped away.

"Now where are ya.."

It was then that a string of debris chunks floated away like a bow wake on a ship.. subtle, but tell tale of the bullet that was the Barzam passing through a cloud of particulate.. the Shoals.

"Bingo.."

Ahead he spotted an abandoned EFSF Colony Patrol Ship, two of it's four Helium three tanks already scorched and burst. Nearby that was an old Colony Corp ship that had lost it's bridge module. It was a simple lining up and leading Sven as he neared the area around the ships that a pair of beams lanced out to strike the remaining two tanks on the patrol ship. After the shots were fired, the Marasai rolled over and ducked behind the large curved surface of a damaged colony mirror panel. A bright flash illuminated the space behind the tower from Jack's perspective.. as the flare died away the Marasai kicked off the panel, glass and metal spraying out of the dead hulk as a few bursts from a vernier allowed the suit to pick up speed once more.
Last edited by The Big Zabowski on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
wonton bob

- Kirov -
- Pilot's Corridor -

- Drossel's Quarters -

A bare chested Jason lays on his bed with Grace by his side. Unable to sleep he just stares at the ceiling. His mind goes over how everything is supposed to happen but then is cluttered with all types of scenarios.

With the Titan era nearing its end and space about to get chaotic, Earth was the only place they could have a peaceful future.. but how to get there?

- Hanger -

“We’re lucky we didn’t get hit hard, no? I’ll need to have the technicians fix it up. I saw you hit that Sallykai, though,” Leandro changed the subject, “That’s some good shooting, jaygee.”

Not sure whether the Lieutenant is feeling alright Kyle reports his observations.

"Yes. It's quite a long ranged weapon which unfortunately makes it a good support unit. I don't think it'll fair well in close combat so we might have to adjust our attack tactics,"

It might be too late but he figures it couldn't hurt if it will extend their lives an extra battle.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Main Bridge –

Stukov was still in his pilot suit, sans helmet, a water tube in his left hand, when he came off a gripper into the bridge. “Mission complete, Commander,” was his joyless announcement as he brought himself to a stop just above the command seat, “One data pod was destroyed in crossfire. The rest we recovered.”

“It’ll be enough,” said Trent, rubbing his right temple. Not that it mattered. Taskforce Echo could have come back empty-handed for all the Titans command structure cared. The pilots in that Hizack recon team put their lives on the line – some paying dearly for it – and what for? Busywork. “One more thing, Stukov. I need to know how our suit forces ended up engaging the enemy so recklessly. Even you have more restraint than that.”

“Ask commander of Herakles’s mobile suit team. His interpretation of commands was very creative. Or he does not control his own men.”

Trent fought through the fog to recall the Herakles suit team CO’s name. A young guy, of all people, somewhat fresh, but the growing pressure in Trent’s mind clouded his thoughts, and the name escaped him. “I’ll review the reports. Get some rest for now; assess your team. This fight’s over, finally.” A fight we had no business being involved in.

Stukov nodded once, then pushed off the head deck rail he’d been gripping and slipped out of the bridge.

- Mobile Suit Deck –

"Yes. It's quite a long ranged weapon which unfortunately makes it a good support unit. I don't think it'll fare well in close combat so we might have to adjust our attack tactics."

Siguro, Kyle,” Leandro said as he snapped off his helmet and started to climb out of his seat toward the Barzam’s hatch, “It’s just like the Hizack Custom I used to fly. We just need to coordinate our shots more, coordinate with the other teams I think.” He gave Kyle a pat on the shoulder, then pulled himself forward, past Kyle and out the mobile suit. “We could do more damage than Alpha or Beta teams that way,” he added as he floated into the suit bay, giving the ensign a tired smile.

- Main Bridge –

"Have we heard anything from the main fleet? We've been out here for a while now but I don't think they've contacted us in a while"

“They haven’t, no,” sighed Berg, “The Kirov has been attempting contact for some hours now and I’ve yet to hear of any success. We did receive a fleetwide transmission from that Jovian man aboard the Jupitris, but it was nothing informative and not worth anyone’s time.”