Episode 23 - A Grinding Current [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Re: Episode 23 - A Grinding Current [4th]

- Open Space -

- The Dervish -
- Team 1 Ready Room -

"We have to prepare for the worst that we can think of," Jacob spoke up again, a cynical look on his face, "Because chances are whatever we think is going to happen and whatever the worst we can imagine is, what will really happen is going to be worse,". Fritz leaned back against the couch and didn't immediately respond. Jacob was learning what he had very quickly and violently almost ten years ago. He couldn't believe it was that long - when he thought about the meat grinder Dresden had turned into it felt like it had only been a few months. He closed his eyes and shivered, remembering the cold rain and slush. "I think we'll do fine..." Michiko said, looking to Jacob, "They can't make things worse,".

For her that was probably true. "Maybe we'll find out what the worst is... but I can imagine some pretty bad things," Fritz said with a hint of humor. He stood up and stretched. "I'm going to check on the other teams and see if I can find Celeste. I'll be back within an hour, then we can start again today,". As the door slid shut behind him, Michiko finished her juice and crumpled up the container. "Well, now what?" she said cheerfully, getting up to throw away her trash. She straightened the front of her uniform skirt as she stood up and headed for the small entertainment center. Unlike the one Eddie monopolized in his team's room to play music, Team 1's was the standard model with a small television and radio instead of a large stereo.

- The Hamburg -
- Hangar -

"It's good to see you up and about, Al. It really is," Randy said as he approached Alfred. The young pilot nodded, going through the motions. It made him feel bad that he didn't have a better reaction to Randy's genuine feelings. "What is that you've got there?". Al stopped spinning the insignia. He let it come to rest in the palm of his hand as he looked down at it. "This?" he said, hesitating. He wanted to just tell Randy what he had seen, and who the patch belonged to and what it meant. He didn't know if he could work up the will to talk about it. Not after shrinking away from everyone even further. His eyes misted a bit and he began, "Bernie--". He closed his hand over the patch and shook his head. "...I wonder how Bernard is doing on the big ship?".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
King Monkey

- Open Space -

- The Dervish -
- Team 1 Ready Room -

Fritz's response to his statement wasn't exactly what Jacob had hoped for. He'd expected his team leader to have some sort of inspiring words or uplifting pep talk. Instead, he just made things seem even more bleak than they already felt. The honesty was reassuring in it's own way, as was the fact that Fritz had clearly been through a great deal but had somehow managed to make a happy life for himself. Maybe there was hope for him as well. Michiko's response as a little more comforting, if rather vague.

He was contemplating it all when he suddenly realized that the door had opened and closed and that Fritz was gone. He was alone in the room with a lovely woman. His throat was abruptly dry.

"We could make out," he replied, saying the first thing that popped in his head, though he managed to change his tone at the end so that it sounded like a joke.

He stood up straight, moving away from the wall and straightening his already straight uniform. "Or, you know, watch a vid or something. Got a pack of cards?"
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Dervish -
- Team 1 Ready Room -

"We could make out... Or, you know, watch a vid or something. Got a pack of cards?" Jacob suggested awkwardly, finally moving away from the wall he had planted himself against before. Michiko's cheeks flushed just barely noticeably, and luckily for Jacob she laughed at his response. "No. No beer either," she responded, gently ribbing him as she turned on the small television set. It flashed to static for a moment before finding a station being broadcast from Luna.

- Team 2 Ready Room -

Fritz stopped in the doorway of Team 2's room and nodded to Wes. "Edd--Eddie," he said, speaking up over the music, "I figure you have your guys ready to go, so I won't keep you from... whatever it is you're doing for too long,". He pulled back the sleeve of his jacket to check his watch and then shrugged, "We'll all meet up around noon to talk it all over again. Mess hall this time - I don't think we need the digital boards or the projector today,". Instead of sticking around, he backed into the doorway and gave a small wave, "I'm going to go give the same spiel to Team 3,".

- The New Yark -

"Planning and learning, hooooo~!" Lt. Sumitani crowed, doing one of his peculiar dances next to the computer display board he was using to brief the ship's pilots. Thibaut, who was completely used to Hard AE's behavior, simply leaned back in his seat and folded his arms but the two replacements both shared a similar expression that seemed to vary between wide-eyed bewilderment and fright. The lieutenant suddenly fell silent and thwacked the pointer he was holding against the board, pointing at a line of information with it and his hips causing Waclaw and Soucy to start in surprise. "Say, say, say! Be prepared~!♫" he 'instructed', moving on to the next slide with no elaboration. Reluctantly, Soucy tentatively raised a hand and shrank back when Sumitani nearly hit him swinging the metal pointer over to acknowledge him. "Uh, sir... What?" he asked, lowering his hand.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EZero8

--Ready Room 2--

"How's it goin', Wes?" Eddie asked as he fumbled around and pulled out a paperback novel from underneath him. Wes looked up from where he was standing and gave a slight shrug.

"Same old, same old..." he replied. "I see you're using your free time productively."

Not long after Curren finished, Fritz appeared and yelled something over the Eddie's music which, despite being toned down considerably, was still extremely loud to any normal person. Wes returned Fritz's nod with his own before plopping down onto one of the chairs in the room. With nothing better to do he might as well pass the time here until their meeting later.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
King Monkey

A wave of relief washed over Jacob at Michiko's response. He wasn't sure where his suggestion had come from. She was undeniably attractive, but she was also a fellow pilot and those kinds of things just should be done with fellow pilots.

He flushed as well, even though the crisis was over. "Oh. TV. Yeah. TV is good. We can watch some TV. The old boob tube..." he trailed off at that, his eyes focused a little too tightly on the TV. In fact, he bumped into one of the couches as he made his way to it, he was so intent on the screen and not looking at her.

He finally managed to get himself into his seat without causing himself any permanent damage and crossed his arms over his chest.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

"Same old, same old..." Wes said with a shrug, "I see you're using your free time productively."

Eddie nodded as Fritz yelled his name from the door, prompting Eckardy to pop up. "I figure you have your guys ready to go, so I won't keep you from... whatever it is you're doing for too long," he glanced to his watch. "We'll all meet up around noon to talk it all over again. Mess hall this time - I don't think we need the digital boards or the projector today." At that point, Fritz started backing toward the door. "I'm going to go give the same spiel to Team 3", and with that, he was gone.

Eddie grinned and glanced at the clock in the room before falling back on the couch. A new song came on, but Eddie felt like something else. He grabbed the stereo remote and rapidly skipped the next half dozen songs that came up after only hearing the first note of each before finally coming to one he was happy with. He nudged the volume down a bit more, the bass and drums got loud on this one, and went back to reading his book.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
The Loser Villain

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

Sophie had seen Fritz leaving from Team 2's ready room as she came from the opposite direction. She didn't see a need to stop him as he was already going towards Team 3's ready room.

Entering the room her ears were greeted with Eddie's music, something she'd become used to as of late. In fact it was growing on her.

"So what's the deal today?" Sophie inquired, "More briefings or are we having brunch instead?"
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick