Episode 22 - Connive [Axis]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 22 - Connive [Axis]

~January 21, Universal Century 0088~
~13:08 Coordinated Universal Time~

- Open Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Capt. Wald glided onto the bridge wiping the corners of his mouth with a napkin after finishing one his hour-long lunch breaks. "The Gaza team is still making practice landings?" he asked as he caught the edge of his command chair and pulled himself into the seat. Before anyone could answer, one of the ship's functioning mobile suits flew past the bridge. "I'll take that as a yes," he said, leaning back. One of the operators turned in her seat and said, "Captain, that was Ltjg. Meighan. He launched in one of the Gaza-C's and is assisting with the landing practice,". Pizal scoffed at the mention of Julian's name and said, "He didn't have something better to do?. Vada added to the impromptu report, "Sir, the MS repairs are still in progress. Nothing significant to speak of yet,".

Wald crossed his arms and said, "Good. I don't want to meet up with the fleet with a hangar full of unpilotable mobile suits. Especially since 90% of the damage wasn't even caused by the enemy,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Loser Villain

Re: Episode 22 - Connive [Axis]

- The Bindra -
- open space -

"You are clear to land Ensign Tuzenbach," the operator on shift said in an unenthusiastic manner. They had been doing this over and over for the last few days, so he didn't take offense.

"Copy bridge, coming in." Thrusters began to adjust the speed and direction of the mobile suit as Nikolai gently maneuvered the controls. "Easy does it," for a bit of self reassurance he had taken to talking to himself while landing.

The Gaza-C got closer to the Bindra and was aligned for a perfect landing, all that was left to do was slow down a little bit more.

"Okay, don't let me down now," the mobile suits speed was now just right and then it came to a screeching halt as it made contact with the deck.

"Alright, how much time till I launch again?"

"You'll be waiting till the rest of the team lands. Following that you'll launch again, and..."

"...fall into formation, make a pass and then land again," he finished for the operator who was tired of repeating the same orders. "I'll stretch my legs till they get back."

After walking the Gaza-C over to it berth in the hangar, Nikolai popped the hatch and steeped out of the cockpit. The stretches he began to do were over exaggerated and more for the purpose of entertaining himself rather then actually stretching.

Looking across the hangar the Gaza-C he had piloted in the last battle was still under repair.

"Bet I'll be hearing about that till I get transfered."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
King Monkey

Djorn had reached a perfect landing about a dozen passes ago. He'd grown born with the whole exercise about eleven passes ago. Now, he was just trying to entertain himself and the way he was doing that was by playing with each landing.

Currently, he was coming in upside down. He'd turned off his radio after making sure that Tuzenbach had landed because the controller had an annoying habit of trying to tell him what he was doing wrong. As though he didn't realize that landing upside down would be a problem. Or maybe the controller thought he didn't realize that he was upside down. Honestly, he didn't understand why a radio monkey would think he knew more than a pilot.

At the last moment, he kicked in the verniers, spinning his Gaza-C around so that it was properly upright. Sailing into the hangar, he touched down lightly, pausing a moment to let everyone see just how pretty it was before moving his Mobile Suit out of the way.

Only then did he turn his radio back on.

"...not a game, Nachtjaeger! Are you trying to kill us all? I hope you get tossed in the brig until you're too old to even see a Mobile Suit!" the operator was shouting. Which only made Djorn laugh.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Ziryab

-bridge-

And if we have to, Raquel thought. We can probably just conjure another lie about our damages, grimacing and close to wishing for some sort of schedule or estimation from the engineering staff. Just how well along would repairs to their mobile suit complement and the ship itself be once they finally arrived. That had to be critical or something since they were to be a picket, right?

Stationed at the helm, she rolled her neck at shoulders and came close to asking Vada what landing number this was for the pilots before Pizal arrived. But for the moment she occupied herself with recalculating their current ETA. Something Raquel did for its own sake as the ship was currently not always at a constant speed so as to make sure their pilots would not fall too far behind during their practice takeoff and landings.

-hangar-

Floating with one foot hooked to the catwalk’s railing Pris’s eyebrows creased and would have given the two pilots a ‘hmph’ if she was not already engrossed with a lemonade bottle. At least the mess these rookies made wasn’t as horrible as she expected. But it was still disgusting.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

The captain watched the pilots putter around and land a few times more until just being a spectator bored him. He pondered what to do next. With Lasis removed from the active roster, Pizal felt that the main source of dangerous incompetance was neutralized. And really the more he considered the situation, he realized he had his MS team's XO doing landing drills and wasting fuel. He'd have to instill a sense of responsibility into Djorn a different way. "Tell them to do it twice more and then come in. I think our point has been made," he ordered suddenly. Vada shrugged and nodded, "Yes, sir. I'll contact Ltjg. Meighan,". The captain crossed his arms and added, "Raquel, bring us back to full speed when they've landed,". At his station, Vada flipped back to the active Gaza-C channel and relayed the captain's orders. "Roger that. I'll tell them to head in for real after this attempt," Julian responded flatly.

Pizal frowned at the muffled sound of Meighan's voice. If only getting rid of him were as easy as dismissing a pilot trainee. He'd have to poke around and ask some questions once they joined up with the main fleet.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Sume Gai

-Kenneth Graden-

If a gaze could kill, then Djorn would probably have expired from the glare his CO was giving him from the catwalk. Once the radio chatter from both the operator and the captains order, Graden spoke directly to Djorn. "If you can't take this seriously, Nachtjeager, perhaps you'd prefer not to fly at all. The last thing we need are pilots who prefer to fly loop-de-loops as opposed to doing what they're told"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
King Monkey

-Djorn Nachjaeger-

Somehow, the command structure on this ship had found Djorn's one weakness. He was terrified of not getting to fly. He loved piloting a mobile suit. Being in control of all that power was a heady feeling that nothing else could match. Besides, they were the best weapon they had in their quest to bring true independence to Zeon and put down all the threats that loomed over their nation.

A bit of cold dread washed over him at Graden's threat.

"Sorry sir," he called out in return. "I was just trying to make things more challenging. I felt that I had mastered the basic landing procedure and I was trying to ensure that I would be prepared for an unusual landing situation should it ever arise."
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Sume Gai

-Bindra-
-hanger-
-Kenneth Graden-

Graden was somewhat satisfied by Nachtjeager's submission; the hostility in his voice ebbed. "If you ever have to pull a move like that to land, then this ship is probably filled with corpses. Now get out there and do two more landings, normally."

-Shellia Northran-

Below Shellia, looking rather exhausted, yanked the hose which had been topping off Djorn's He3 supply from the Gaza-C. The head mechanic had decided that Graden's little exorcise was the perfect chance for his teams to practice under "battlefield conditions". as such every two or three runs the teams would take turns filling the MS' He3 supply or other small tasks, like swapping or reloading weapons. It was quite tiring.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Ziryab

-bridge-

"Landing confirmed," Raquel stated matter-of-factly once she got word from Vada then slid her hand onto the ship's throttle lever. "Bringing us back to full speed until next take off," believing she could feel the ship suddenly vibrate and shutter as she steadily accelerated the vessel.

-hangar-

A humming laughter came from Pris at Kenneth. "Is it me or is he just one of those types of pilots? Suddenly started sounding like a little girl when you gave him that threat." Hooking the front of her feet along the catwalk railings she walked sideways towards him. "They just have to fly--not letting them would be close to killing them."

King Monkey

"Yes, Sir," Djorn responded, snapping an impressively crisp salute, especially for him. Generally, he didn't bother and his salutes were sloppy at best. He turned just as crisply, as though he were on a parade ground and pushed off toward his Mobile Suit.

When he got there, he gave Shellia a friendly pat on the bottom. The kind of pat on the bottom, a guy might give another guy when he made a good play in a sports game. Of course, he'd never done it to a guy, but that was another topic.

"Thanks, Sweetie. She needed a fill up. Nice to know that the folks taking care of our machines are so diligent...and cute."

He gave her a big grin and a little wink before climbing into the cockpit. After a careful and detailed flight check, before taking off. Everything was done by the book as he left the hangar.

"Djorn Nachtjaeger, Gaza C, launch!" he announced as he was thrown off the deck catapult.

The Loser Villain

- Bindra -
hangar

Looking on as Djorn interacted with the rest of the hangar, and almost got himself grounded, Nikolai couldn't help but think why they let him continue to fly after the stunts he'd been doing while they were doing the landing exercises.

The only reason he could think of was that they simply needed all the pilots they could get.

"Ensign," he turned around to face one of the mechanics, "your Gaza-C's refueled and ready to launch."

"Ah, thank you," he wasn't sure, but something made him feel uncomfortable in the hangar. Maybe, someone. Graden, while his CO, was clear cut. Even if he'd throw a surprise at you, you still knew where he was coming from.

No, it wasn't Graden. Nikolai looked around for a moment and then saw the someone that made him uncomfortable, Ensign Singh. Something about Pris just didn't sit right with him, but he couldn't put his finger on it. They hadn't talked once yet, but every time she was around he felt as though the pressure in the room dropped.

He hadn't realized it, but he been staring at her for almost a minute now and he focus was only broken when Djorn's Gaza rocketed off into space. Shaking his head he turned back to the cockpit of his Gaza and climbed in.

Following the usual procedure he launched into space and formed up behind Djorn.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Sume Gai

-Bindra-
-hanger-
-Graden-

Graden watched Djorn depart before responding to Singh. He himself would not have realized this weakness of Djorn's; This threat was one that Graden would hve made to anyone who had been acting the same way.

"You think so?" Graden turned to the Ensign "It doesn't matter to me why he complies with orders so long as he actually does."

-Shellia-

From the moment Djorn had touched her to the moment he floated away Shellia had fixed him with an incredulous glare, partly to hide her embarassment. Unsure whether to take his words as mocking or complementary she'd settled for the former based on his behavior. That was about as far as she got before a tug on the hose she was holding pulled her back to the deck and out of the way of launching MS.

Ziryab

“Pretty much sounded that way,” she told Graden. “Granted his voice didn’t crack like he was some sort of prepube, but it started getting meeker--that a word--all the same,” then started scooting and slurping from her straw. Pris then began cautiously unscrewing the cap from the bottle lest lemonade droplets wind up floating about the entire hangar.

“Hrmmm,” peeking inside. “I think one of my old captains must’ve rubbed off one me. I told you about her before, right?” she began taking the straw and slid it underneath the lid. “The one that was pulverized into nothing by a Guntank. Downloaded (slurp) leadership books and stuff onto her device when she was (slurp) first promoted to sergeant and swore by many of them. One of her little tricks (slurp) was observation. Y’know, listening to our voices when we talked and watching our body movements to develop a… (slurp slurp) …whatwasit—oh yeah—communication bridge between the commander and commanded with little need for command.”

Pris sighed. “I really liked her too…”

Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Capt. Wald watched the Gaza-Cs circle the ship for the last time and his mind began to wander. They had a long trip ahead of them, which would give him a decent amount of time to rest and review footage from the battle. If he was going to engage the enemy, whether Titans or AEUG, a good start could be made by watching how they fought each other at the Gate of Zedan. He also had data and footage from the Gaza team, which might help him better understand the Titans mobile suits. Even though they were damaged when they engaged his team, they were still live targets and capable pilots. Then he began to wonder about their new assignment as a picket. "Chief Reyes," he spoke up suddenly, rubbing his chin, "You're a fellow veteran. What do you know about Capt. M'Quve? I was part of the home guard so I only really heard what trickled back to us about Odessa,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Ziryab

-bridge-

"Hrm," Raquel's fingers danced atop her console. "Second-hand knowledge all the way through, Captain," was her reply towards him with a hand swaying to the view outside before him. "After all, I spent my entire life out here. I didn't pay much attention to him at all before the war, back when we were a defense force and not a full military. During the war however, after the fall of Odessa, my hubby and I 'sailed' missions picking up our girls and boys coming back to space. So you hear a bit from them."

"Given what they've told me, what I can say about him... Tsk!" Raquel begin chewing on the inside of her lip. Now how to explain her second-hand opinion of M'Quve without it seeming too insubordinate. "Y'know how chess players are? The one's you're supposed to hate," she began.

"Those types who equate the game and their skill with intelligence, and if you don't know the game or lack the skill then you're beneath them." She nodded. "He seems to me to be that sort of guy. Considered everyone expect for those he decides to respect as intellectually beneath him. As a commander his perspective is that of a chess board and probably uses everyone accordingly. Methodical? Probably has plans within plans within plans or just thinks far ahead. Oh! And he had this mobile suit with a chess piece lookin' had that only had a shield and beam sword.

"Mmhm, yeah!" Was her conclusion. "Just conjure up some sort of sno--pomp--... cultured adult age, veteran chess player and you might get an idea of M'Quve. That's what I got."

Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -
- The Bindra -

"Hrm," Raquel answered, "Second-hand knowledge all the way through, Captain,. After all, I spent my entire life out here. I didn't pay much attention to him at all before the war, back when we were a defense force and not a full military. During the war however, after the fall of Odessa, my hubby and I 'sailed' missions picking up our girls and boys coming back to space. So you hear a bit from them,". She hesitated as she began to go into detail, "Given what they've told me, what I can say about him... Tsk! ...Y'know how chess players are? The one's you're supposed to hate. Those types who equate the game and their skill with intelligence, and if you don't know the game or lack the skill then you're beneath them. He seems to me to be that sort of guy. Considered everyone expect for those he decides to respect as intellectually beneath him. As a commander his perspective is that of a chess board and probably uses everyone accordingly. Methodical? Probably has plans within plans within plans or just thinks far ahead. Oh! And he had this mobile suit with a chess piece lookin' had that only had a shield and beam sword. ...Mmhm, yeah! Just conjure up some sort of sno--pomp--... cultured adult age, veteran chess player and you might get an idea of M'Quve. That's what I got,".

The captain folded his arms and listened to her summary of their new commander. So she had heard more or less the same things he had back at Side 3. Well, most of it apart from the strange mobile suit, but soldiers had a knack for embellishment. Still, knowing what little he did wasn't enough to worry him - M'Quve may have annoyed some of his subordinates and he might have a knack for overplanning, but those weren't necessarily bad things. "Well..." the captain said after thinking over her comments, "Let's just hope he doesn't use the Bindra as a sacrificial pawn,". He smiled at his own wit. "At least we're under the command of a veteran,".

- The Hangar -

Once his Gaza was down and secured, Julian Meighan glided out of the cockpit and headed for the railing near the hangar exit. After all the training flights, surely there would be some news from the fleet. And once they were back among the fleet, he could actually do something about Capt. Wald.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Sume Gai

-Hanger-
-Kenneth Graden-

"one cannot learn everything about war from a textbook. Solders don't need a friend, they need a commander." Graden spoke proudly as Juilan's Gaza entered the hanger. "You should be proud of her. Giving one's life for the Zabis is the highest of honors; an honor My own father received during the attack on Jaburo."

Garden leaned out over the rail he was clutching taking note of Julian Meighan. Something about that man bothered him and it showed on his face in a derisive sneer.

Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

The captain twirled a pen between his fingers, up and down, up and down, and then aimed it like a dart and sent it flying at the back of Vada's head. The pen clanked off the operator's helmet, and he turned around to see what had hit him. "Mrs. Reyes," Wald spoke up, straightening his posture and avoiding Vada's gaze, "Has the rest of the Gaza team's combat data been collected? We should send it along as soon as possible... perhaps with the landings at the end of the sorties removed,". The door to the bridge slid open, and Julian Meighan glided into view. "So we're to work with M'Quve, eh?" he asked haughtily with a hint of a smirk. Wald's brow knitted and he asked, "How do you know about that already?". Meighan made a gesture as if he were sweeping dirt away and answered, "You'd be surprised at what I know, captain,".

Wald frowned and drummed his fingers on his chair's armrest. "Well then, Lt. Meighan, enlighten me - what exactly should I expect of our new orders?" he asked, leaning back in his seat. Julian folded his arms and responded, "I should think we'll be part of the picket force that will guard the edges of the main fleet. Haman-sama is massing us at Gryps so that we can carry out the last part of her plan,". Wald smiled and said with a bit of condescension, "I already knew that,". Meighan's look hardened and he spun for the door. "Well, sir, if I'm no longer needed for extra landing instruction I'll be in my quarters...".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Wedge14

Gwendoline Brouille
Hallways

In a burst of energy the young pilot trainee kicked off the walls. The blue haired girl was smiling gleefully down the hallway humming a cheery tune. "They're serving milkshakes in the messhall everybody!" She said inbetween snippets of her upbeat song. With a milkshake firmly griped in each of her tiny fists a disaster occured as her foot got caught in one of the grippers and both of the lids became ajar allowing two full strawberry milkshakes to drift into the halls.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
wonton bob

- The Bindra -
- Hallway -

Matthew turned the corner only to feel something splatter on his chest. "WHA-?" Looking down he sees a creamy reddish glob. If she was holding a pistol he'd surely be dead. His usual apathetic mood gives way to hidden anger. This is a pilot I fight with? "You-- keep making accidents like that and you WILL die in battle!" he yells at the runt.
Matthew turns around and walks back to his room to change again.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great