Episode 22 - Conspire [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
hellbore

Re: Episode 22 - Conspire [TE]

- Kirov Hanger -

- Elliott -

Now blocked from Sayed's view by the two taller men, Kate rolled her eyes at the display. All this was rather tiresome. She had no idea who this Capt. Friday was, and really didn't care. Frankly, Tariq Sayed came off on the crazy side of paranoid. The wearing of sunglasses in a spaceship did not exactly help. Saluting again, she said, "I will keep that in mind, sir" keeping her voice at the exact pitch and tone appropriate.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Hangar -

"Hmm." Grant smiled at Tariq's stance, it almost made him laugh at the man's ability to appear tough. He'd seen it before on an opponent before he beat the pulp of out 'em. Grant had no idea what Tariq was talking about but he grew tired of the man's rant, it was time for sleep. Grant turned to the exit and walked away, his duffel almost nailing Tariq in the side of the face if he didn't raise it at the last minute.
"Not sure who you're talking about, bud. I'm just here to put down a rebellion..you can do whatever you want after that. Tootles." Pulling out a scrap of paper to see where he's station, Grant decides to store some things in his new team's locker room. As he walks down the hall to Delta's team ready room, he wonders if his new squad has any dolts like that weasel...he's in no mood to put up with anymore shAt.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Loser Villain

Buxoro, Hallway

Aaron and Tim

The new arrival to the Buxoro was puzzling. Why would they need another pilot when they wouldn't have enough Mobile Suits?

"Hmmmmm," Aaron thought about it for a moment while Elijah, Tyler and Hughes talked in the hall way.

"Strange huh?" Tim asked as he noticed Aaron's facial expression while he was thinking.

"Ya, strange. I'm gonna go with the Lt. up to the bridge, see what's going on."

He moved over to the door way and turned back to Tim before he left. "Why don't you head down to the hangar, see if Tyler needs a hand with anything."

"Right-o," he responded.

Aaron then went through the door frame and caught up with Elijah and Hughes in time to hear his question.

"Sir, forgive my ignorance, but was this ship at The Gate of Zedens? I heard the fighting there was...rough. Command has been less then forthcoming with details, about the Zeon and whatnot, and all i've been able to figure out has been from rumors but still, were things difficult as i've been hearing, sir?"

"Oh, we were there," now following alongside them, "As for details, well even we're not sure what was going on near the end off it all. But to call the fighting rough, well that's an understatement." Pausing for a moment he realized he didn't give his name, "Oh, Lt. J.G. Aaron Faraday, by the way."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Thechoort

Buxoro, Hallway

Saluting Lt. J.G. Faraday, "Sir, Ensign Hughes Perin, it's a pleasure, sir."

Hughes did his best to hide a shutter as he walked, so the Gate of Zedens was bad as he'd heard, if not worse, it seemed. If Zedens had fallen and the Titans were forced to retreat this far, it really was bad.

"Sirs, did the Buxoro see action against any of the Zeon? The AEUG i've been briefed on, those Zeon from that asteroid I don't really know much about, and it seems like they're going to be something we'll have to deal with alongside the AEUG, i'd imagine?"
Sume Gai

-Parks Applegate-

Parks whistled as he landed gently in front of the Lieutenant not really giving a damn about his little rant, The White Knight should be graceful right? Parks reasoned.

"well well, sounds like you have something against Capt Friday, Lieutenant?"
Last edited by Sume Gai on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Attomoku

Kirov, Delta Ready-room

Lt. Te'litha

Nick looked at Cara, tears running down her face, and the items assembled and slowly put 2 and 2 together. "So, he's not dead" he thought to himself. "Alice" may not be dead but he was still listed as such and needed a body to go with the death certificate. It was the most twisted and literal iteration of 'Habeas Corpus' Nick had ever comprehended. "Poor girl" he almost thought, she wasn't going to make it out of this any way but in that body bag no matter what he did, might as well prove his worth to Friday. He took the pistol from Saad's shaking hand. He fixed Cara with a cold eye his snake provided on cue, and drew back the slide with a sharp metallic click that made her flinch. Beside her his phantom pleaded, silently, desperately with her eyes.
"Look at me," he told Cara, he brought the pistol up to her face and down the sights he saw her eyes, "hate me." His body was still weak from the episode, and it took effort to keep his hand steady. She continued to blubber, his phantom told him that he would be no better than Ritter if he went through with this, his revenge would be built on the back of the ‘innocent’. He mentally scoffed at his private phantasm that there were no innocents in the Titans but he still hesitated none the same, a fraction of a second too long. His arm gave a mild spasm of pain and he and the gun dropped to the floor with a grunt, clutching the limb as if he had been shot. “Fuckin Friday and his fuckin voodoo.” he cursed aloud as he tried to quickly find his nerve-numbers with one hand.

Outside Pilots Lounge

Ltjg. Kelborn

"My docs say I'm supposed to get your quarters. Or we can share it. I'm Lt. Dolk. Call me Schuyler. You got a first name, JG?"
Grace was stunned momentarily into silence, this had come from far left field. “ Uh, its.. its Grace, Ltjg. Grace Kelborn,” she started to wipe the bewildered look off her face, and as much as I’m sure you’d love to share Lieutenant,” she said in a tone that made it clear she objected to being undressed by his eyes, “I haven’t received any matching documentation on the subject, so I guess you’re sleeping in the hanger unless you can get me my end of the paperwork. Besides,” she continued in a less objectionable tone, “that’s Alpha’s section and we didn’t lose a single man, why would they send a new pilot to my room?”

Buxoro, Hallway

Lt. Robin

"Sirs, did the Buxoro see action against any of the Zeon? The AEUG i've been briefed on, those Zeon from that asteroid I don't really know much about, and it seems like they're going to be something we'll have to deal with alongside the AEUG, i'd imagine?"
“No we didn’t encounter any Gaza’s but I’m not sure how much of a problem Axis-Zeon will be. Axis seems only to look out for Axis, and while they must be dealt with down the line, but if we can get them to fight the AEUG with us and wear each other down, we should be alright.” He sounded confidant but knew that they had a shrewd leader, however not wanting to spook this green pilot he kept that part to himself and turned the conversation back over to his XO, “What do you think Aaron?”
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Xvlai

- The Kirov, Beta Team Ready Room –
- Beta Team –

Frowning at what Daren said Sven shook his head slightly, Taskforce Echo had taken loses but the nowhere near the sheer amount of personnel lost as Daren said were being replaced. Everything helped to further Sven’s suspicions that a plot was underway that did not bode well for the Ritter family. The destiny was certain, yet it was also certain to test those who underwent it. Sven had no hesitations that if they failed here the destiny would find them lacking and have them killed. In fact Sven was near certain of this, his brother’s had all died for one reason or another when the destiny had tested them in their own right, the destiny was harsh but only the strongest could survive.

Packing his locker back up Sven turned and gave a nod of acknowledgement to Wolf’s new orders. Nodding his head at Daren, Sven took his leave and sought about trying to locate Lt. Tariq. Wolf would certainly find a way to get to the bottom of the Captain’s story and Daren didn’t need to be told to trust no one. Sven didn’t trust Tariq, but they needed the man now just as the man needed them. Striding down the corridor Sven passed one of the longtime security guards he recognized, after being prompted the guard said he last heard of the Intelligence officer going towards the hanger. Heading back the way he had come, Sven passed Beta Team’s locker room and entered the hangar.

Entering the hanger on its ground level, Sven easily noticed Lt. Tariq who seemed to be talking to a batch of people Sven had never seen before. As he walked closer, a man detached himself from the group and left. Approaching them from behind the Lieutenant, the voices of those talked carried over to him. He couldn’t quite make out what they were saying over the hum of the hanger but something caught his ears. Some fool of a pilot who seemed to be whistling landed right next to the intelligence officer and most certainly said, "well well, sounds like you have something against Capt Friday, Lt?" Captain Friday…? Sven searched his brain but he had never heard of the man. Yet this was too much of a coincidence, a visiting Captain in medical, a new pilot mentioning him as well, and it seemed Tariq had some idea of who the man was. Wolf would need to find out this man’s name. Coming to a rest behind the Lieutenant, Sven’s eyes swept across the other pilots but came to a rest on the man who talked and never left his face as he spoke, “Lt. Tariq, we need to talk.” His tone made it quite clear that it had to be a private conversation.
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Outside the Pilots' Lounge -

Jason stood fast half in shock at the gall of this man. His jaw clenched shut, angered by his inability to speak up largely due to the offending geezer being an officer. The man was a replacement but it struck Jason as odd that they hadn't yet docked at a major base before picking up new crew. It was also strange because he could swear he heard music when that officer approached.

Jason smirked when Grace told the geezer off. He confidently started on his way toward Miller's quarters. Without looking at the officer he waved good-bye. "Rock-on, dude."
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Delta Team Ready Room -

Saad lowered his head and squeezed his eyes shut as Nick grasped the gun and took aim at Cara. He didn't even have to be asked a second time. At that moment Saad knew in his heart that a place in the lowest level of hell was reserved for him the moment his wicked life was ended. The men he was forced to do evil with seemed to have no conscience, no reservations. "Look at me... hate me," Nick commanded Cara, eliciting a grunt of a laugh from Rhys. Saad braced himself for the sound of the shot, but it didn't come. Instead, Nick was seized by one of his attacks again and lost his grip on the gun as he curled up from the pain. "F**kin Friday and his f**kin voodoo," Nick growled through clenched teeth as he began to claw at his pockets to find his medication. "Oh, come on you coward," Rhys complained angrily, rising up as Nick keeled over. He pulled his own sidearm and fired, striking Cara right in the center of her head. Saad cried out and flinched at the unexpected gunshot, and began to mutter a prayer under his breath when he saw the result of Rhys' impatience.

Cara Shiranui's face was ruined by the bullet, which nauseated and horrified Saad but suited their task perfectly. Her lifeless body slowly bumped into the wall behind her as Rhys moved forward and pushed past Nick. "I'll take her uniform off," the corporal said, still sounding a little too calm and eager. "N-no. Stay away from her," Saad said, struggling to find his voice. He knew what kind of man CPL Azarola was and why Capt. Friday had to step in on his behalf, "I'll d-do it. Get the suit.. and the bag ready, she is still bleeding...". Rhys headed back to gather the floating body bag and other materials, grumbling as Saad gently pulled Cara's body closer and began to quickly remove her outer Titans uniform. He tried not to think about what he was doing any more. The faster it was done the sooner he wouldn't have to look at the poor girl they had just murdered. Whether the lieutenant's sudden attack was legitimate or not, he couldn't tell. But he didn't blame him if he faked it to avoid pulling the trigger.

Rhys made his way over with the banged up helmet and worked it onto Cara's head, closing the visor in an attempt to limit the amount of blood escaping into the room. Saad stuffed her jacket and gloves into the floating duffel, and then began to work her boots off. "It will be unnecessarily difficult if we have to carry her and Lt. Te'Litha out of here," Rhys commented as he watched Nick pull himself together. Saad still felt like he was on the verge of being sick, but otherwise it seemed like his senses had dulled and he was simply going through the motions without thinking. One boot came off, then the other. They went into the bag, followed by Cara's uniform trousers. Saad's hands were shaking as he helped lift Cara up to give Rhys an easier angle to pull the damaged normal suit on. Once Cara was dressed up in Pan's normal suit, which was understandably roomy considering the difference in their measurements, Rhys and Saad zipped her up in the body bag. Rhys reached down and grabbed the handgun from where it floated near Nick and removed a single cartridge from the magazine before letting it go again.

"Get up... sir," Rhys said at Nick as he pocketed the loose round. He moved close to the door with Saad, who was pulling the body bag along behind him. The corporal unlocked the door and then slowly peered out into the hallway to make sure nobody would pass them immediately after leaving. "All right. We should be able to get out fine if we're quick. Lieutenant, if your uniform is too messy give us your jacket now," Rhys said as he handed his SMG to Saad and began to remove his own tunic and gloves. Once they were off they too went into the now bulky duffel bag, and Saad took off his own jacket and gloves. The two guards, with their guns now slung over dark blue commando-style sweaters, opened the door and Saad advanced into the hall with the body bag. Rhys took the duffel bag and picked up Nick to help him find his way out of the ready room. In the hall, Saad tried to gauge Nick's condition but wasn't familiar enough with his episodes to tell how he was doing. "If he doesn't improve, take him to sick bay. It might help our alibi if there is a problem," Saad told Rhys, nodding down the hall in the opposite direction as the corporal put the standard team number lock back on the door. As they moved into an adjoining hallway to get to the nearest lift, Allister Grant was close to turning onto the hall where Delta's ready room was located.

- Outside the Pilots' Lounge -

“Uh, it's... it's Grace, Ltjg. Grace Kelborn. And as much as I’m sure you’d love to share Lieutenant, I haven’t received any matching documentation on the subject, so I guess you’re sleeping in the hanger unless you can get me my end of the paperwork. Besides, that’s Alpha’s section and we didn’t lose a single man, why would they send a new pilot to my room?” Grace answered, making it clear she didn't appreciate Dolk's approach. As she and her male companion continued past, Jason gave a bemused smile and said, "Rock on, dude," without looking back. Dolk pushed his sunglasses up and smiled. "With love we'll find a way, just give it time," he said quietly, then laughed as he walked on to see where his supposed room was located. Once he found Alpha Team's section of the pilots' quarters, he slowed down until he came to the nameplate that read LTJG KELBORN. It looked like every other room in the hallway, just as he expected, but still... He shivered, feeling like the already cold interior of the ship had gotten even cooler.

"leave her aloneee"

Dolk's head turned, and he looked both ways as if he expected to see someone else in the hall with him. But there was no one there, and the only sounds were coming from the drone of the ship's engines and internal systems. If Massilion Carde was watching he had shrunk back into the walls. The lieutenant brushed his hair back and adjusted his sunglasses. "I ain't afraid of no ghosts,".

- Hangar -

Tariq instinctively recoiled as Grant's bag nearly struck him in the face. "Not sure who you're talking about, bud. I'm just here to put down a rebellion... You can do whatever you want after that. Tootles," the burly pilot said as he exited the hangar. Lt. Sayed was about to demand he return when the whistling Parks Applegate landed next to him. "Well, well, sounds like you have something against Capt. Friday, Lieutenant?" Parks asked smugly. Tariq slowly turned his head to look at Applegate. "What did you say?" he asked, an evil smile forming on his lips. He didn't think Black had the habit of employing morons, but he wouldn't object. "And you are... Ltjg. Applegate," Tariq said after appraising Parks' rank tabs and nameplate, sounding like he was taking answers for a survey. Parks would be one of the first ones marched off the Kirov in manacles if he had anything to do with it. "Give me a few hours and I will indeed have something against your captain, JG. Something in writing. I just need a few quiet moments to draft the papers," Tariq answered as Sven landed behind him.

“Lt. Tariq, we need to talk,” Sven said, urgently enough to get his attention. Speaking of hired help. This one however was making himself useful as part of Ritter's side of the power struggle. Sayed didn't like any of the internal politics going on, but at least Wolf was cooperative. "You're free to go..." Tariq said, turning back to wave Parks away as he headed off in a different direction with Sven. Once he was satisfied they were an acceptable distance from anyone, Tariq continued the conversation in a quiet tone. "What is it, Mr. Haksson? I think I am very close to being rid of one of my main distractions."

- The Brig -

Saad stopped at the door to the brig and wiped the sweat from his forehead, looking up and down the hall for anyone that might have seen him. On the way down he had sent Rhys to take Nick to sick bay to get him checked out. After making sure nobody was lurking in the hall, Saad punched in the new convoluted security code he and Rhys had put on the brig door and hauled Cara inside. Once inside, he turned and immediately locked the door behind him - they still needed to keep Tariq out of the brig, and having Lt. Sayed walk in now would ruin everything. Saad moved to the guard station and pulled out the falsified documentation and tags for the body bag and prepared everything so that it would be ready for transport. When that was done, he finally took a deep breath and rested against the cool metal wall. What he had seen in that ready room would haunt his thoughts and dreams for the rest of his natural life. He said another quiet prayer and then moved the body bag into one of the empty cells; it would stay there until they needed it.

Saad moved back to the guard station and put his SMG into the weapons rack. As he took a larger coat from the locker next to it, his eyes wandered over to the brig's other occupied cell. The one with the man that existed in limbo. That 'dead' man would have only a dead woman as company for the next day or so. The sergeant pulled the coat on and buttoned the front, covering up his sweater until he could get back to his quarters to get a clean tunic, and moved over to the cell they had put the pilot in a few days earlier. He hesitated, then rapped on the metal door and opened the Judas slit. At first he could see only dim light and wisps of smoke, but then the dark shape of a man became apparent in the corner of the cell. "I wanted to tell you, 'Petty Officer York'... We'll be coming back to let you out in a day or so, God willing," he said. He felt like he had to let the man know he hadn't been forgotten in there to rot. Maybe it was foolish to be kind to other Friday men before he knew why they were useful to the captain. Black Friday made use of men like Rhys Azarola, after all. Pan Heyden didn't respond.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
hellbore

- Kirov, Hanger -

Seemingly dissmissed and forgotten, Kate dropped her salute and launched off toward the exit at the back of the vast hanger, pack hung over her shoulder. She hadn't bben here twenty minutes, but she had already seen enough to know that the Titans were going to shit. The defeat of at the Gate of Zedan and the rampant suspicion she had just encountered were the final nails in the coffin. Still, none of it was her concern, people above her would take of it, and then things would settle down and return to normal. Gryps was still in their possession and soon the AEUG alliance with the Zekes from Axis would fall apart, she was sure of it. There was no way that those two could actually work together for long. Reaching the elevator, she entered and reached for the controls, when she realised that she had no idea were to go and the doors shut behind her.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
The Loser Villain

Buxoro, Hallway

Aaron

“No we didn’t encounter any Gaza’s but I’m not sure how much of a problem Axis-Zeon will be. Axis seems only to look out for Axis, and while they must be dealt with down the line, but if we can get them to fight the AEUG with us and wear each other down, we should be alright. What do you think Aaron?”

"I don't trust them," he said without hesitation, "A Zeek is a Zeek no matter what name they go by or what color they paint their Mobile Suits."

The Zeon were the reason Aaron had joined the EFSF in the first place. When he saw that they'd continue to be a thorn in the side of the Federation after 0083 he didn't want to see them rise up again. The last thing they needed was mass genocide again. Though, some of the Titans recent actions seemed to mirror OYW strategies of the Zeon.

"They're just another group of discontents to deal with. Bad enough the AEUG is around."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Xvlai

- Alexandira Class-Kirov, Hangar –
- Beta Team –

Allowing himself to be drawn aside by the Lt. Sven inwardly grinned realizing that Tariq intended to use Wolf and Sven. The entire situation seemed humorous and given the current circumstances Sven may have even cracked a grin. Instead he stared indifferently directly at the man. He stared such that he would be making eye contact if the Lt. didn’t wear his trademark sunglasses.

He didn’t need to look around to know they were far enough away from the crew to talk privately; the Lt. wouldn’t have stopped here if that was possible. Given his hard stare and harder face Sven spoke quite softly and with no intended malice. “I have been tasked with assisting you in your further investigations.” His tone made it seem with Tariq’s permission was already given and Sven would be assisting no matter what he said. He needs me, he may not trust us totally but I will need him to trust me with enough. “I heard that Ltjg. Applegate mention some Captain… I believe a Captain Black Friday? Dam these things are ominous. Still attempting to make eye contact with unseen eyes Sven continued, “I have definitive proof that a one Lt. Nick Te’litha was visited by an unknown Captain in the medical bay quite some time ago. Whatever it is he said it got him out of medical and into this hangar.”

Sven stiffened and waited to see what Tariq would say or task him to do. Tariq was a smart enough man that he didn’t need to voice the implications of what he had just said. The man didn’t need to know about Trent, that was Wolf’s responsibility and anyways he didn’t know how loyal Tariq was.
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Miller's Quarters -

Jason walks in with two boxes, which he drops to the ground. Putting his hands on his hips, he takes a good look around. Stick figure drawings cover the walls around the room with one or two actually on a piece of paper tacked to a wall. Clothes and undergarments are strewn all across the floor with even more unspeakable filth lay on a nearby desk. Jason kicks the top box which goes flying off and disappears or disintegrates in a pile of clothes.

"Man this guy was messed up.."

Jason looks at his foot and picks up a framed black & white picture. It's Miller with what he assumes are his parents. He looks at it for some time; unable to associate the feeling to have both parents. It is probably the only object in the room they would want to treasure. "This is what matters, everything else can go."
Taking another look around he decides that his work here is done. "Hell, let the replacement clean his own room."

- The Kirov -
- Delta Team Ready Room -

Walking toward the team's ready room, Allister hears some scampering coming from another hallway but ignores it as it has nothing to do with him. All he wants is to store his gear the find a bed. He doubts that this ship has extra suits and helmets his size otherwise he wouldn't bother.
As he punches in the code from his scrap of paper, his mind wonders back to the meeting with Tariq. Never has a man gotten under his skin like that . Fortunately he left before he lost his temper. He couldn't fathom the necessity of a man like that especially on an Alexandria class ship.
Stepping inside Allister lets his duffel float off, something glimmering above him caught his attention which made him stop in his tracks. Looking up he sees several droplets of fresh blood floating near the ceiling. It appears there might be a need for that man after all.
mcred23

-The Kalinin-
-Bridge-

Nguyen had been called back to the bridge to deal with the resupply. Normally, the XO would have handled it, but the arrival of three new MS and two new pilots was important. Nguyen was mildly upset, not to mention tired, but retained his usual frown as he signed the form accepting the new mobile suits, and confirming the arrival of the new pilots.

The officer from the supply ship saluted, which Nguyen returned almost casually, before leaving the bridge to head to the hanger to leave the Kalinin. Mashall needed to head that way too, but decided to wait a few moments so that supply officer was gone. He checked the bridge, ensured their course was as it ought to be, that no new orders had come in. He told his XO not to disturb him until the next planned crew rotation, which wasn't for several hours, unless he was called from the Kirov or new orders came in for them, or, of course, they ran into the enemy.

With that done, Marshall left the bridge, planning on a quick stop by the hangar. Halfway there, he decided to forgo it. He'd meet his two new pilots eventually...

==================================================================

-Hangar-

"We'll, now we'll all be at your level, Commander." Janice Runnels commented as she leaned on the railing that over looked the hangar. The three new Marasais, which looked to have come right off the assembly lines, where ever those had been, were impressive, far moreso than the Hizacks.

"We'll see..." Bate mumbled. They had a pair of new pilots, men who had been in other units but not seen much action. Both had run off to stow their gear, but Bate didn't exactly have high hopes for them. Hicks seemed jittery just getting off the shuttle that had brought him to the Kalinin, while Craig had seemed more interested in Runnels' bust than anything else. Bate had considered slapping the young man, but wasn't interested, mainly because of his own fatigue. He merely told the two they had 15 minutes to find their rooms, drop their bags, and then go on alert. Alpha would have prefered keeping Mike Kuwani, but that young man had died from his wounds, which was too bad. Compared to these two, he had seemed like an expert.

Bate departed without another word, heading to his room to get some sleep. Runnels continued to watch as the old Hizack weapons were taken from their various storage racks, replaced with beam rifles and sabers. The process bored her, and she headed to her own room to get some sleep, just as most of the crew who had been on duty during the action at Zedan was still trying to do.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Sick Bay -

"Jesus, will somebody take this guy?" Rhys complained loudly for assistance as he entered sick bay with a still-twitching Nick Te'Litha in tow. They had split up on the trip back to the brig once it became clear the lieutenant's medication wasn't taking effect fast enough despite a large dosage. The nurses that came over to help had to pry Nick's grip off of Rhys' arm, and they gingerly led him toward one of the beds. The corporal rubbed the sore spot on his forearm and frowned, "Those pills of his aren't worth a crap. They didn't do squat even after he ate a handful of 'em,". The doctor glided over and looked away from Nick at that comment. "He what? How many did he take?" he asked alarmedly as the nurses finished taking Nick's vital signs and secured him to the bed.

Rhys shrugged irritatedly and guessed, "I dunno, 10 or 12? They didn't work at first so he popped the rest like it was candy on the way here,". "Damn it," the doctor grumbled, turning around to issue instructions to his staff. One of the nurses came back and gave Nick an injection, and the doctor continued to monitor his heart and muscle contractions as he waited for it to take effect. "Can I go now?" Rhys asked, fidgeting as he wondered if Saad had taken care of things in the brig. "What?" the doctor asked, turning to look over his shoulder, "Oh... Yes, corporal. Thank you for bringing him here. ...And for God's sake don't let him take that many pills next time,".

- Hangar -

“I have been tasked with assisting you in your further investigations," Sven said, not surprising Tariq. Wolf was still personally interested in helping him... no, using him to take down Nick. He wasn't sure if Wolf giving him a so-called assistant would actually help or if Sven would just serve as an ever-present mouthpiece of Ritter's desire to avenge his father's murder. He didn't need a toady prodding him when he was so close to... "I heard that Ltjg. Applegate mention some Captain... I believe a Captain Black Friday? I have definitive proof that a one Lt. Nick Te’litha was visited by an unknown Captain in the medical bay quite some time ago. Whatever it is he said it got him out of medical and into this hangar,".

Tariq actually lost control of his stoic demeanor for a brief moment, and a smile flashed across his face accompanied by a quick clipped laugh. He sniffed and took a second to allow his neutral gaze to return, and then solemnly removed his sunglasses to slip them into his chest pocket. If Nick was involved with Friday, he could kill two birds with one stone. And it was almost within his grasp - he had enough evidence built up against Nick already, but with recent knowledge gained about Black Friday added in he would be able to do something about the whole mess. "Mr. Haksson, you may indeed be quite useful to me after all," Tariq nodded, motioning for Sven to follow as he headed for the closest exit. Now all he had to do was force those idiots to let him into the brig so he could get to his papers.

- Hallway -

Conversation with 'York' proved to be a one-way affair, so Saad stowed his weapon and left the brig to change his uniform and find Rhys. Because the crew quarters for marines, guards and the like were close to the brig security station, he had a clean jacket and was headed back within 5 minutes. The whole time, he tried to erase the image of Cara's face from his mind. If her skin were darker, she would have looked a lot like his sister... He shuddered and forced himself to stop thinking of her. It wouldn't help. He had to busy himself with something else. As close as he was to Delta's ready room again, he decided to stay in an adjoining hallway to see if someone would raise an alarm. He could find Rhys later; he didn't think he could bear being around the corporal at the moment.

- Outside Beta Team Ready Room -

Daren watched Wolf coast away on a grip until Ritter turned the far corner headed for his quarters. Wolf had instructed him to compile a list of people that arrived on the shuttle that he didn't know that he found sucpicious. That wouldn't be too difficult. They were all certainly suspicious in one way or another, but there were only a few he didn't recognize. Daren set off with his small bundle of belongings to find his own room. Like many people on the Kirov, he was there to serve a purpose other than that of the Titans - he knew that there were critical, dangerous things going on aboard the ship. He had a part to play, but he would have to be patient.

- Bridge -

Trent grimly stared out at the rest of the fleet from under the brim of his hat. Of the dozens and dozens of ships heading to Gryps, which were a part of Scirocco's plan? Which of them would suddenly become enemies when violence broke out? And it would, because there was no way Paptimus would take control of the Titans while Jamitov and Bask were still relevant, and that meant there would be infighting. He lowered his vision to his hands folded in his lap. The Titans were on the verge of being less organized than the AEUG. And he had made Echo part of it. He closed his eyes, telling himself again that it was the best option for the men and women he commanded. Before he was approached by Capt. Friday somehow he already knew the Titans were losing.

He crossed his arms and looked back to the bridge windows. It felt like all he did since making the deal was angst about their situation. He took a breath and tried to clear his thoughts. Things only seemed to be dangerously grinding along because he was stuck waiting. Once he could do his job as captain of the Kirov in combat again, he knew he'd feel like he was being useful. Internal politics and the nasty parts like backstabbing and wet work wasn't his forte.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Big Zabowski

-Kirov Hallways-
-Hepburn-

Jack was humming a little tune to himself, quietly, yet loud enough for those to notice the slight country twang in the tune. Gripping one of the grippers in the hall, he deftly switched grippers as he took a turn toward the brig, just on a sort of impromptu tour around the ship. From his point of view, he'd prefer to use this downtime to get to know the Kirov better; being a different block Alexandria than the Latium as far as he was told.

As he slowly drifted down the hall on the gripper, he noticed a young guard who looked a bit like one of the men he had been briefed upon by Friday. He was said to be an ally, but the body language he was seeing made him look less reliable than he had been told. Either way there was no way that was going to be good should the cowpies hit the spreader on board.

"Hey.. you doin' alright, boay?"

Jack's glide broke to a crawl on the gripper before touching down on the hallway floor, releasing the handle to go on it's way.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wedge14

Kirov, Mess Hall

Leandro ran his finger across the bridge of his nose and ushered a heavy sigh. He enjoyed the food they served on the kirov.Sure the food wasn't exactly home cooking, but something about the process of eating made him feel relaxed and humane. Leandro hadn't seen much of Stukov since the last battle. As peculiar as that was, he was relieved. It was nice to get some time to gather his thoughts.

Leandro lifted his tray off the table and quickly shoved it into a container to be washed and reused by someone else. He yawned lazilly and wiped his hands off on his pants of all things. It's a shame there wasn't any dessert, must of been some kind of cost cutting tactic employed by Jamitov himself. Leandro calculated by cutting dessert from each tray would easily be enough money for the titans to buy a fair number of spare parts. He wondered if the other pilots knew this, and if they had a choice would they choose dessert over spare life support systems?
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Attomoku

Kirov, Sickbay

Lt. Te'litha

Nick was seeing things that he shouldn’t when they gave him the injection, Cara was next to his phantasm, her face unruined and whole. The medication took hold shortly, he knew better than to fight it as it knocked him out and he fell asleep.. When he came to in the realm of dream, his head was in Bella’s lap looking up at the sky in the Midwestern United States at her parent’s farm. He felt more lucid when asleep than in reality now, which was really saying something. At least his apparitions could actually speak here instead of giving off waves of emotions and intent as pieces of his fractured morals and psyche.
Bella smiled above him, it was really her. He reached up to touch her but his right hand and arm burned hot as it got closer and he gave a yelp and pulled back. She looked so sad, and whispered for him to let it all go. He told her that he was scared to, because he would never see her again where he was going. She gave a motherly smile and was about to say something when Cara called from the porch offering lemonade. Bella said they would talk about that later as they got up and made their way across the dreamscape to the wide, screened porch and each took a glass. Nick asked Cara if what he was seeing in the real world was her, if she was still alive and her getting shot in the face was just a hallucination of some sort?
“No, I’m quite dead”
“Then wh-?” Nick stopped short as comprehension dawned
“You’ve answered your own question haven’t you?” Cara took a drink then prompted him along, “Your mind is coming apart as the drug’s side effects cause your mind to splinter and personify. They literally block nerve activity, so it isn’t far-fetched, plus you majorly overdosed on those things which can’t help.
“Why you though? I hardly knew you, am I haunted by women who I’ve watched die?”
“Who knows?”
“Where am I now?”
“Couldn’t say.” Bella interjected quietly
For once Nick took this at face value and slowly drank his lemonade with the girls. They said little else but Nick noticed that the closer to the bottom of the glass the more it tasted like his pills. When there was a single swallow left he asked his last question.
“I don’t have long, do I?”
“No” Bella answered saddened again
Nick swilled the last gulp at the bottom of the glass.
“Luv’ ya babe”
“Luv’ you too”
With a sad grin Nick drank the last of his lemonade which tasted like pure pills and it all went black.

When he woke back up, his pink and black haired phantoms were with him. He strangely felt better than he had for a while and even a bit at peace with himself despite what transpired with Cara. Still, as his memory of the dream began to fade he knew one thing at a minimum; He had very little time left.
Calling for anyone, he asked two fairly simple questions “How long was I out, and is there anything I should know about?”

Mess Hall

Ltjg. Kelborn

After her encounter with Dolk and now having a few questions, Grace decided to see what others had heard, she spotted Leandro in the mess hall and floated over.
“Hey Leandro, Do you know something about any of the new transfers because I just meet this Lieutenant who had only his half of paperwork for my quarters yet Alpha didn’t incur a single combat casualty at Zedan.

Buxoro, Bridge Elevator

Lt. Robin

“They do have an odd color for mass production MS,” said Elijah offhandedly as they got on the elevator to the bridge. “They say tough guys wear pink, but I think that they’re all whipped by that leader of theirs,” and gave a devilish grin to his subordinates but kept in the back of his head that it takes a hellava woman to get men, soldiers no less, to fight in a pink war-engine. That alone should merit one’s respect.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Thechoort

Buxoro, bridge elevator

Ensign Hughes Perin

"Pink MS eh? I guess with colors like that, the Zeon must think they have something to prove." Axis was nothing if not ambitious, thought Hughes, and their leader was bold enough to attack Zedens. It must take quite the leader to orginize a force like Axis and pull something like that off.

Trying to divert his thoughts away from Axis,

"So what's Captain Winter like? I'm sorry to say in the rush of the transfer, I wasn't told to much about him."
Sume Gai

-Kirov-
-hanger-
-Parks Applegate-

As Tariq left alongside Sven. Parks turned on his heel to look for the girl who'd been there earlier. Only to find her already gone, Disappointment flashed across his face for a moment. 'all that effort and nothing to show for it.' Parks twisted his head around and glanced in the other direction. 'I guess -that- guy is my target. 48 hours, huh?'

Putting on an expression of happy idiocy Parks kicked off in porsuit of Tariq Sayed.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern