Episode 22 - Conspire [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
wonton bob

Re: Episode 22 - Conspire [TE]

- The Kirov -
- Hallway -

"Do me a favor," he said, slightly disappointed that he hadn't learned much, "If you see one of the brig guards try to find me and tell me what they were doing. In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for Ens. Shiranui,".

"Uh yeah, I'll do that." Kyle turns away deciding not to delve deepr into matters concerning Tariq, even if Ens. Shiranui is involved. Being near the man makes Kyle uneasy and right now it's time to focus. Choosing to retreat back to his quarters, he's had enough running around for today. He'll get some sleep and let someone else find the elusive ensign.

- The Kirov -
- Hangar -

After coming down the ramp with his duffle slung over his shoulder, Grant takes a look around the now busy hanger. With a grunt he lumbers over to a mobile suit. Looking up he sees the techs coming in and out of the cockpit, he's heard that Echo has been through several battles so he shouldn't worry about rookies in his squad. Hoping to get settled in quickly and assigned a suit himself so he can personally look it over. Not that he mistrust the mechanics but its become habit to visually inspect his own suit. "Now, if only things would get started around here." he mutters to himself.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Delta Team Ready Room -

SGT Bahjat entered the Delta pilots' locker and rec area with a look of confident purpose. He waited for the door to slide shut behind him and then headed straight for the row of lockers that held the team's normal suits and extra personal items, looking up at the name plates until he found K. ROBERTS. After letting go of the duffel bag he had brought along after making a short stop at the brig, he used an outstreched hand to bring himself to a stop and input a simple security override code to force the electronic lock open. As the bag floated off into the room behind him, the metal locker's door swung open revealing Kyle's normal suit and a few unimportant other personal effects. Working quickly, Saad grabbed the bottom of the suit and pulled open the ankle holster, removing the pistol inside and shoving it into the empty shoulder holster concealed under his jacket.

Feeling sweat starting to break on his brow, he took a moment to look down and check the time. He still had a few minutes before Rhys was supposed to come along with Nick. Saad took a deep breath and reassured himself he was doing everything for his sister. And despite how he felt about Black Friday, he had to reassure himself that the other men he was forced to work with were also in similar situations. It was the only way he could convince himself to do the things he was ordered to do. Making sure everything was relatively back in its place, he shut Kyle's locker and moved back to the center of the room to wait. Once Rhys showed up he'd have to head back out again.

- Hallway -

Not far from Delta's team room, Cara continued to lackadaisically allow herself to be pulled along by the lift grip. Maybe another long shower and a different uniform would help her force herself back into a normal routine. The last time she ate in the mess hall, she had skipped her meds again and she could tell it was starting to have a negative effect. Her stomach developed a dull ache and she began to feel like her vision was jumping when she tried to concentrate. She felt a little foolish looking back on her outburst after the battle, but she still wasn't sure she wanted to go back on the medication, even if the alternative was stomach cramps and a slipping mental state. She sighed and decided she'd get the container of pills from her locker after her shower and then try to make up her mind.

- Hallway, Near Hangar -

Rhys began to fidget as he led Nick through the ship. He had a dirty look ready for every crew member they came across, and he started to get impatient as they waited on a lift. "So what's your deal?" he asked Te'Litha gruffly, glancing over at the pilot. He'd asked questions to every fellow Friday toady he'd become aware of despite being warned quite clearly not to, and had yet to get a friendly response or a clear answer. He didn't notice Jackson Hepburn following them down the hall as he went down a mental checklist.

In an adjacent hall, Tariq Sayed was heading in the opposite direction towards the hangar. He had finally heard about the ship that had landed, and intended to see what and who was coming aboard before it could be concealed from him. Depending on who was among the conveniently timed replacements and what was going on elsewhere, he figured he might have enough to move against several individuals if he could get Wolf Ritter's cooperation. That shouldn't be too difficult - dangle the prospect of avenging his father in front of him and he'd leap at the chance. With Ritter in his back pocket (not to mention the clout of his family), he'd be able to make any accusation he wanted with a bit of evidence.

- Hangar -

"That should be all of the drop-offs, sir. Pickups should be coming along shortly," a burly officer with thick eyebrows reported to Capt. Friday, who was still patiently waiting onboard the transport. Black laced his fingers together calmly and ordered, "Go clear the new crew while we have a few minutes. This is taking too long,". The JG nodded, knowing better than to question Friday's request. He found the appropriate clipboard and attached papers and headed down the ramp to find the area where the new pilots and security crew were clustered. Capt. Friday's brow furrowed - they had been aboard the Kirov much longer than he desired. If it took too much longer, that pest Lt. Sayed would doubtlessly show himself and make trouble.

"Attention, ladies and gentlemen," the officer called out as he made his way over to the new pilots, "I'm Ltjg. Gray, and I've been given the authority to clear you for duty aboard the Kirov so you can be released and we can get done here,". He looked down at his clipboard, skimmed the first page and then flipped to the next and cleared his throat. "All pilots, your transfer orders are hereby confirmed - all duty roster changes will be made by the command staff of this ship, so don't ask me what you're supposed to be doing. All other crew, your transfer orders are hereby confirmed - the same goes for the lot of you," he droned, skipping over blocks of text on the official papers. He trailed off and then located the next bit he was looking for, "All security personnel, marines and military police, your transfer orders are hereby confirmed. Per your orders, you are now authorized to act in a manner necessary to carry out your duties as etc., etc.,".

He flipped over the last few pages, ignoring the redundant and boring parts of the process. Tucking the clipboard under his arm, he looked up at the newly cleared guards and MPs that numbered roughly a dozen and said, "I think you gentlemen have work to do. Get to it,". "Sir!" the highest ranked among them responded in the affirmative, and they had soon scattered, headed for their new posts within the ship. With that part of his job done, Gray turned to the pilots and shrugged, "You're now crew of the Kirov. I can't keep you here,". He stuck around outside the small supply ship until the first of the injured security team floated into view, and then headed back aboard. "Sir, the transfers are headed in. We should be able to leave in 2 minutes," he said, and Friday responded with a curt nod.

Once all the guards and security team members injured during the previous days' excapades with the prisoner were crammed aboard the ship, its pilots began the startup process. Fourteen men who had previously been confined to sick bay were now secured inside the ship from the Jupitris, which closed it's hatch and contacted the bridge for permission to leave. From a low catwalk near his mobile suit, Wolf Ritter looked on with a hint of a snarl on his lips. The Titans had collapsed into such a farce so quickly it would have been amusing if it wasn't so infuriating. He was trapped watching from the inside with his father's murderer as the whole mess burned down around them. The one thing that comforted him was the knowledge that he had a way out in the form of the Destiny. Now he was beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be better to take Sven and the few loyal supporters left and abandon the Titans. Unfortunately that didn't seem to be a real option - there wasn't an easy way for him to go back to the EFSF for the time being.

"Wolf, sir!" an exited young man said, calling for his attention further down the catwalk. He didn't recognize the dark-skinned petty officer approaching him, but that didn't mean anything. Plenty of hangers-on and enemies knew his family and could recognize him. The young pilot approached and bowed his head slightly, "I'm Daren Nwosu, sir,". Wolf's eyebrow raised and he grunted, "I don't recognize you... Nwosu as in Abayomi Nwosu?". He knew supporters were supposed to be coming to space to assist him, but the Nwosu family from Nigeria had at best a third-tier political connection to the Ritters and it surprised him that Daren was one of the few that had made it. Daren's face brightened and he nodded happily, "Yes, sir. I am his eldest son, here to answer the call,".

- Bridge -

Trent turned slightly in his seat when the bridge door slid open, half expecting it to be Lt. Sayed there to pester him again. He breathed a small sigh of relief when he saw it was only Sven Haksson. Ritter underling or not, he wasn't as immediately dangerous as Tariq could be. But the captain wasn't expecting the questions the pilot had for him. “Sir, I was just down in the Medical Bay, one of the Nurses said an Captain visiting one of the Crewmen had forgotten this there...” Sven said, producing a Titans service pistol. Trent's jaw set at Haksson's explanation, but he didn't react much outwardly. Was Friday that stupid? There was no way he'd leave a gun onboard the Kirov, not after... Sven continued, “The Security detachment had no records of a visiting Captain so I thought I would mark this disturbance directly with you,”.

"I see..." Trent said, trying to buy himself a little time to figure out how to handle this situation. Trent rose from his command chair and landed facing Sven. He loosened the collar of his uniform and willed himself to appear unconcerned as he shrugged, "There were some crew transferred between ships while we were leaving the area around the Gate of Zedan... damage control teams and the like. I'm sure the nurse mistakenly identified the officer's rank tab - he was probably just one of our ensigns there to complete personnel reports,". He crossed his arms and kept his hands clenched to keep them from shaking. "If you'd like I'll look into it. There's got to be camera records. Until then I can hold onto the weapon if you'd like?".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Attomoku

Kirov, Hallway

Lt. Te'litha

“So what's your deal?”

Nick thought on this a bit and waited until they were alone on the lift before replying, but noticed Hepburn coming down the hall as the lift shut. “Well, once upon a time,” he started, “I vaporized a very powerful person because I hated his ideology and wanted to hurt his son in the worst way possible.” He then reconsidered and his snake added “(Allegedly.)” for him before Nick continued, “I guess Friday found out about it somehow and offered to sweep it all under the rug if I killed the son because now the son is just as powerful and as ideologically moronic as his father was, if not even more-so. I was gonna kill the bastard anyhow, but…” he shrugged as if to say ‘what do you do’.
He stepped off the lift but before they could go he held up his hand to give the signal to stop. “Hang on” he intoned, “I think we might be being followed.”

Pilots Lounge

Ltjg. Kelborn

“Last time I was on Earth..it's wasn't a large town where I'm from but the people...I grew up where people knew everyone and we looked out for each other. I had a home next to an orchard where I would go and just sit and watch the sunset...They hate us you know, chased from my own hometown. So I can't go back you see, but I made a promise to protect the Earth from spacenoids and it's the only thing I know how to do.
Hmm..I can actually see you being a very good teacher with a room full of kids, a ton of kids. I really hope you end up there when this is all over."

“Thank you,” Grace was a little moved by his sympathetic story and wanted to try to help him through this rough patch as he helped her when she had hers. It was the least she could do in return, antisocial tendencies or not. “And hey, don’t get yourself down over your hometown, at least we up here understand what it is to care for the Earth and not take that sunset for granted.” Grace tried to cheer him up with a little pep talk, “No reason why you can’t move elsewhere and start afresh either. At least you still have some fond memories there, not all of us do. Besides, the sunset is still beautiful no matter where you go.”

Buxoro, Bridge

Ltcmdr. Winter

“Where was that shuttle that just visited, dispatched from?”
“The Jupitris sir.”
“Hmm..” Edwin intoned, “What was it carrying?”
“A few personnel including a new pilot”
‘Why on earth would we need a new pilot without a MS for him?,’ the Captain wondered. This probably meant that he would get a new MS, but he hadn’t gotten any information or inkling about it. The fact that something had been set in motion concerning his ship without his knowledge bothered him like an itch. “Have Lt. Robin bring him and report to me after they meet, I want to sort some things out”

Pilots Lounge

Ens. August & Lt. Robin

Elijah had heard of and seen some messed up stuff in his life but this took the cake. He opened his mouth, but was cut off by Tyler.
“Look, it’s very much in the past for me, the person who it matters the most to. So I don’t want any of you to be worried, I was just trying to give you all a better idea of where I’m coming from instead of looking at me like I might explode like a fire cracker whenever I do or say something that might seem..off, because I know it looks that way sometimes; like earlier. I’m fine and you all shouldn’t have to worry.”
When he finished after a few seconds thought Elijah finally said, “Huh, I guess the truth can’t compare with fiction,” and laughed, “I thought you might have been one of those experimental brain washing victims you’ll occasionally hear rumors about at places like Augusta labs, and that’s where I thought that your last name came from, as a codename or ‘cause you couldn’t remember it!”
“Ha, I never thought of that, but I can see how you could!” and Tyler joined in laughing.
“But no, no you can look my folks up in the directory!” Most of the tension evaporated as they laughed and things seemed to flow again.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Thechoort

Buxoro, hallway

Having taken in his fill of the mobile suits in the hanger, Hughes decided it was time to make his way to the pilot's lounge. It'd be good to see what kind of food the Buxoro had in it's stocks, also what the pilots he'd be serving with were like. He feared he'd not be up to snuff compared to the other veteran pilots. He wasn't even offically assignd to a mobile suit yet, and it seemed the ship had a shortage of mobile suits to begin with. Odd.

Hughes was trained to operate Hizacks, but he'd never piloted one into battle, and back at the acadamy the only practice MS were either One Year War relics (great to pilot from a historical stand point, living history and all that, but not to great for modern combat training) or programs in a simulator. He'd scored well however, as Hughes had been telling himself ever since he first found out he was going to be assigned to an active combat unit, and even the best One Year War aces had to fall back on thier training when they were assigned their first GMs. Pilots are built through training and following orders faithfully, he repeated to himself, everything else follows second.
The Big Zabowski

-Kirov-
-Personnel lift-

The door hissed closed as JP shoved his hand into his jacket and felt around for the hard copy papers he was tasked with delivering to Te'litha. With a gruff furrowed brow and set jaw, he fingered the papers as he floated back slightly toward the rear of the lift.

"Friday.."

The Lift came to a halt only a minute after it had departed behind Te'litha.. Opening to reveal the burly form of Jackson Hepburn. The pilot still had his hand reached into his officer's jacket, fumbling with something. He slowly withdrew his hand after having grasped something under the garment..

"Lt. Te'litha, 'm I right?"

The pilot's mason/dixon twang was evident right off the bat.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
The Loser Villain

- Buxoro, Pilots Lounge -

Aaron and Tim

Seemingly caught up in the moment Tim managed to chuckle along with them and Aaron also laughed.

"Wow, I never did think of that," Aaron said, "guess I haven't heard enough of the rumors for it to have influenced my thought process."

He actually didn't know much at all about what Elijah had brought up, only that there seemed to be a few pilots among the Titans ranks that aren't exactly who they used to be. Unsure of how they recruited the poor guys for such an experiment he made it a point to steer clear of anything to do with it.

A few of the guys at Gryps used to talk about it around the hospital he was in. He'd just listen, never participate. One day the guy who seemed to know the most was gone and no explanation was given. Even the nurses hadn't the foggiest idea. Aaron thought it was a better idea not to bring any of it up and remain in the dark, rather then get disappeared.

"So, uh Lt." he then broke in, "I hate to break the moment, but what are we going to do about our supply issue?”
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Pilots Lounge -

“No reason why you can’t move elsewhere and start afresh either. At least you still have some fond memories there, not all of us do. Besides, the sunset is still beautiful no matter where you go.”

Grace missed the point, no matter but it sadden Jason a bit. He never was one to beat around the bush but ever since that last battle he's been despondent. Although the brief moments he spoke with Grace had been bright spots of serenity during these hard times.

"Yes, a sunset would be nice to see again but when I left Earth I left no one behind. So there's no one waiting for me there. Instead it would only be a reminder of what I've lost. If I did resettle it would only be a matter of time before I'd have to relocate because of another war by these malcontents." Jason plants his hands on the table forcibly lifting himself. If he could he would have stayed and talked to Grace till the war ended but there were other matters he had to finish.

"I can't go...I have people here that I won't leave behind. Even If I did go back I would also have to tell Miller's parents in person that his son died. God knows Lt. Te’Litha won't lift a finger...Patrick Miller was in my squad..and a friend..he died during the last battle." Jason wipes at his eyes. "I need to go and gather his personal belongings before a replacement pilot tosses his stuff out." With a weak smile he takes a look at Grace while he excuses himself.
Attomoku

Kirov, Hallway

Lt. Te'litha

"Lt. Te'litha, 'm I right?"
Nick was not small but he felt like it when he saw the man who stepped out of the lift and asked for him by name. What concerned him the most though was the hand in his jacket around shoulder-holster level.
"Um... yes?" he was really hoping that Saad was on the ball with that SMG because if this guy was on Wolf's payrole he was still too weak and still in pain from the flare up to make a run for it or put up a fight.

Pilots Lounge

Ltjg. Kelborn

"I need to go and gather his personal belongings before a replacement pilot tosses his stuff out."
"Wait, do you want any help?" Grace stood up too. She felt like she had hurt him, she wasn't sure how, but she didn't want to part on such a downturn note. It felt like Jason was one of the few people she had made friends with in a long time and she wanted to keep her relations with him pleasant.

Buxoro, Pilots Lounge

Lt. Robin & Ens. August

"So, uh Lt. I hate to break the moment, but what are we going to do about our supply issue?”
Elijah came back to the pressing subject with a sigh, "Frankly, I have no idea. Unless the upper echelons start handing out Mobile-Armors to aces and commanders I doubt we'll get anything. I informed the Captain about our concerns and the new type of Nemo but he has other concerns, I can talk to him again but with the loss of Zedan.. I think the best we can hope for now is some form of external sub-generator so we can use 2 beam weapons."
"Perhaps we could build one ourselves?" Tyler suggested.
"Maybe.. Scout out what kind of parts we got and see if its feasible."
"Sure, I need to check how works is progressing on the leg anyhow."
The Intercom went off and Elijah got up to answer, Tyler hung around the door on his way out to listen.
"Lt. Robin speaking"
"Lt. this is Winter, listen we just got an unscheduled shuttle and it came with a new pilot but no MS to go with him. Do you know anything about this? Did one of my pilots die and I was not informed?"
Elijah unintentionally looked at Tyler at the door, "Hey, if I died again its news to me." and waved him off to tell his CO that he too knew nothing about this new development.
Suppressing a grin Elijah replied to the Captain "No Sir, this is highly unexpected."
Well find him and bring him up, Don't ask me why but I have a bad feeling and I want to know what is going on." Winter growled and ended the call.
Tyler slipped away at this point and Elijah turned back to Tim and Aaron, "Well that was odd." Tyler then poked his head back in, motioned them to come outside and said "Boss I think I found your man." The Lt. grabbed his cane and proceeded out the doors towards the hanger, with Tyler in tow, were he saw Hughes down the hallway and called out "Hello" to the unfamiliar man
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
The Big Zabowski

-Kirov-
-Hallways-

"Ell-Tee, I have some orders for you. Straight from someone I believe you're already acquainted with. Saad, if you'd be so kind as to escort our friend to our final destination we can get down to business."

With that comment JP produced a piece of stationary, official captains stationary to be exact. The signature would stand out to Te'litha like Japanese in an English text book.

"We must pick up the pace now, Sir. You know as well as I do that this is a very time sensitive matter.. not to mention the longer we linger we more danger we put ourselves in of..drawing unnecessary attention.."

JP then patted Saad on the shoulder as he pulled himself toward the Delta team pilot's briefing room/lounge. If the Latium was anything like the Kirov, they'd be able to skate under that twat Sayed's nose quite quickly if they didn't doddle.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Thechoort

Buxoro, Hallway

Hughes stopped and upon seeing a superior, the first he'd seen since he arrived, straightend his posture and threw a salute to the Lieutent with the cane. "Sir, Engsign Hughes Perin reporting for duty sir."

Breathing a sigh of relief, Hughes wondered how he could bring up the subject of his mobile suit assignment. "Sir, not to sound out of line, but may I ask what the status of my mobile suit is? My transfer orders were...well unclear as to the subject. I was just in the hanger and I couldn't seem to tell which one was mine, sir."
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class, Kirov
- Bridge –

Nodding his head slowly Sven handed the pistol to the Captain, “Yes sir.” Throwing up a salute Sven turned about and headed out the bridge, just as he left he slightly turned back and spoke clearly, “It is possible the Nurse must have been mistaken sir, given the large number of security personnel in medical, show must have been overworked.” Leaving the way he came Sven marched down the corridor, passing some crew members as he came. Turning a corner Sven exhaled for the first time since entering the bridge.

The Captain had kept his cool remarkably well, Sven had no proof he was a conspirator in this mess, yet the man clearly knew something. Shaking his head as he loosened his holster, Sven mused on the possibilities of the Captain being in on the conspiracy. He would never have guessed if it hadn’t been for the man loosening his uniform, it clearly had been a ploy to gain time. Furthermore having been school in the game of conspiracies from his father Sven knew from experience when caught in a lie humans often tried to busy themselves with their hands. The Captain seemed to know enough to keep his hands somewhere where they wouldn’t give him away idly. Still, it wasn’t proof enough he was in on it, he had just been lying, but about what?

Moving towards the locker room, Sven went off to look for Wolf, he didn’t have enough information to draw any conclusions yet. But it was time he made some sort of report of his findings to Wolf.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Hallway -

Rhys gave a neutral grunt to Nick's explanation while they were still in the lift. He was a little surprised he had gotten an honest answer; if Nick had asked him first he would have probably told him to go screw himself. He hated Friday's guts, and would have killed him outright if he got a chance if the captain hadn't literally opened his cell door and given him a chance. Being a flunky was a small price to pay to have his past and problems swept under the rug. When Nick said he thought they were being followed, Rhys' expression hardened. When they floated out onto the new floor, they turned to face the lift doors and Rhys subtly shifted his weapon so that he could raise it quickly in case something unfortunate was about to happen. When the man mountain that was Jackson Hepburn emerged from the lift, Rhys rolled his eyes and let his shoulders slump. He recognized him from the few photos of friendlies he had been shown before he was brought aboard by Capt. Friday.

Rhys did manage a smirk when he noticed the way Te'Litha stiffened up when Hepburn reached into his jacket. Schadenfreude and appreciating the panic of others was something he almost considered a hobby, but this example didn't last long. "Ell-Tee, I have some orders for you. Straight from someone I believe you're already acquainted with. Saad, if you'd be so kind as to escort our friend to our final destination we can get down to business..." Jackson said, pulling out one of Friday's damned letters, "We must pick up the pace now, Sir. You know as well as I do that this is a very time sensitive matter... not to mention the longer we linger we more danger we put ourselves in of... drawing unnecessary attention...".

"It's Rhys," CPL Azarola irritatedly corrected the large officer through gritted teeth. He pulled away from Hepburn's friendly gesture and set off after him down the hallway. "Hey..." he hissed as he pushed off the wall to catch up to Jackson, "Hey! Where the hell are you going, you lummox? You're not in on this one,". He jerkily pointed back down the hallway with his thumb, "Why don't you eat that letter after Te'Litha reads it and move into your quarters. Don't give that clod Lt. Sayed an excuse to bother you right off the bat by traipsing around up here with us,". He looked back at Nick and made a sweeping gesture impatiently urging him to come along. "Come on, then. We're going to be late if you don't read that damn letter," he said, glancing at his watch.

Cara came to a lazy stop outside her team's room and let out a heavy sigh. It seemed like everything was reduced to sets of false choices for her lately. Whether she went back on her medication or not she couldn't ignore the idea that the same end awaited her. The AEUG wouldn't stop attacking the Titans anytime soon, and after the carnage at the Gate of Zedan she knew the same sad end likely awaited every person in Taskforce Echo. They were all headed down the same path; she was starting to feel like the small things along the way had begun to lose meaning. she shook her head as the door slid open and she glided into the ready room with her eyes fixed on the deck.

"...the hell?"

Her vision snapped up at the sound of a man's voice, and she stumbled to a stop. Saad Bahjat stared at her with a look of wide-eyed surprise and sudden panic. Before she could speak or move back towards the door behind her, Saad fumbled for and raised his submachine gun. "DON'T MOVE," he commanded, causing her to start at the sharpness of his voice. She meekly put her hands up as she tried to push past her initial confusion and shock at having a gun trained on her to figure out what was going on. "W-What--" she stammered, but Saad jostled the gun threateningly at her to cut her off. "Shut up and get in here," he demanded, pointing at the far wall. Not knowing what she had done or what was going on, she headed for the wall. Her hands were starting to tremble as she moved away from the door. "I don't understand..." she said delicately, trying to avoid upsetting Saad further.

SGT Bahjat quickly moved to the door and made sure it was shut and locked and then spun back in her direction, making her wince as the gun's barrel pointed at her again. "You've got some baaad luck," Saad muttered, shaking his head. He reached up and wiped sweat from his forehead onto his free arm's sleeve. "Face the wall and don't move. I'm sorry but I can't let you leave..."

- Hangar -

Tariq entered the hangar not 30 seconds after the small craft from the Jupitris left for its next destination. By then the old security guard team had been spirited away and the new pilots and personnel were mostly headed for different parts of the ship. Sayed cursed softly and jerked the sunglasses away from his eyes as he scanned the area for people he didn't recognize. "You," he called out, pointing in the general direction of Ens. Elliott and Ltjg. Grant, "Wait a moment,". He worked his way across the hangar floor and stopped near the pilots that were still milling around. "Hey!" he called out as Dolk continued to head for a hallway. Lt. Dolk responded to the call by casually holding up a middle finger over his shoulder without turning around or stopping as he disappeared around the corner. "Damn it!" Tariq spat, putting his sunglasses back on as he turned back to Elliott and Grant. He pointed at Kate and asked, "Who else was on the ship you arrived on? Did they take anyone with them?".

- Bridge -

“Yes sir,” Sven nodded, handing over the pistol. Trent returned his salute and watched as he turned for the door. “It is possible the Nurse must have been mistaken sir, given the large number of security personnel in medical, show must have been overworked,” Sven commented as he left, not sounding entirely convinced. Just as Sven let out the breath he had contained on the bridge, Capt. Trent looked down at the gun in his hand and shook his head. A sick feeling washed over him as he tried to fathom how Friday could do something as monumentally stupid as leaving evidence laying around in places he had no business going to on his visit. Trent closed his eyes and took a deep breath. At least he had the gun. It wouldn't be hard to 'lose' it if he had to. In the meantime he would need to contact Friday and ask him why he was going out of his way to make things harder for him on his own ship. Trent slipped the pistol into his coat pocket and buttoned it closed. Maybe Black Friday wasn't quite as clever as he thought he was.

- Near Alpha Ready Room -

"I'm sorry sir, but I don't know. We received your message and my father had me transferred to space in time to reach the fleet here," Daren said, shaking his head at Wolf's question. Ritter and Nwosu slowed to a stop outside the ready room and Wolf frowned, "You're the first to get here... and so far the only one I know of that got the message and managed the trip to space. Something seriously wrong is going on,". The pair was about to enter the ready room when Sven approached fresh from his business at the bridge. "Sven," Wolf said with a nod. He crossed his arms and nodded in Daren's direction, "This is Daren Nwosu, one of my supporters' sons... Daren, this is Sven Haksson. He's practically my right hand at the moment due to our situation,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Big Zabowski

-Kirov Hallway-

Jack set his jaw. He pulled his signature Churchill from his jacket and chomped down on it and as 'Rhys' moved on, ushering Te'litha along. Muffled by the cigar in his mouth, Jack's disapproval about the junior officer's antics lit the former Latium pilot's anger off..

"Lummox?"

With a stern glare he gripped hard on Rhys' shoulder and arm-barred him into the wall.. hard. He hissed into Rhys ear.. small chunks of the tobacco leaves placing their mark on his cheek.

"Talk about drawing attention.. Do that again kid and I'll dump your ass out an airlock. Friday may be in charge, but there's still this concept called Military Rank. I suggest you read up on it if you want to keep up appearances."

He released Rhys moments later and seemingly returned to his former somewhat jovial demeanor.

"Ok, so I'll see you at the next pilot's meeting Lieutenant. Looking forward to it, sir."

He kicked off in the opposing direction shooting a thumbs up toward the pair before disappearing around a corner. Shoving his hand back into his jacket in an unconscious manner, he flicked the safety back on to his sidearm..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
hellbore

- Kirov, Hanger -

Kate turned as the red faced, sunglassed officer called to her than confronted her with lots of questions with not much space for answers. Not ruffled in the slightest by the Lieutenants demeanour, Elliott saluted smartly, and replied "Sir, along with a few other pilots extra crew were provided as a transfer and injured personnel were taken aboard. I'm sorry sir, but I couldn't tell you anything more exact." She had noticed some high ranked officers on the launch, but as they neither had come or gone, she wrote them off as unimportant.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Sume Gai

-Kirov, Hanger-

Parks Had remained in the hanger considering where to start looking for his target. He didn't even know what this Said or whoever looked like. His thoughts were interrupted as a harsh voice came from nearby. He looked up in time to see the dark skinned girl that had arrived with him responding to a Lieutenant in Sunglasses.

'maybe this guy could tell me what I need to know' and if not it was an opportunity to begin 'messing with' the serious Female pilot. Parks pushed off the deck toward the pair.

"Why so curious; Mr. Lieutenant?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Hangar -

"You,"

Grant's attention was drawn to Sayed's howl and away from the grease monkeys busily repairing a Marasai. He never liked nor fully trusts officers, something he picked up during his years as a grunt.
Allister hopped over and landed in front of Sayed cutting off any response, keeping Parks and Ens. Elliott behind him in a protective manner. Allister had been staring at Kate while on the shuttle, it surprised him that there could be tiny Titans around. she'd be around her age by now he wondered. He didn't know the girl but if it's one thing he disliked it was bullies.
Grant's right hand gripped his duffel's sling tightly causing his bones to make a popping sound. His left hand was balled up in a fist inside the jacket pocket waiting to be called out; the jacket bore a taskforce Juliet patch on the chest. Being in combat and finally picked up by the Jupitris and transported to here fatigue was setting in and since he hasn't rested and washed from the last battle, Grant was none too happy about this man's tone.. He looked down at Sayed, studying the thin man for any weaknesses. He came here to fight, not answer questions. Nothing on this weasel's uniform revealed that he was a pilot so Grant could care less who he was.

"Yeah. What's it to ya?"

- The Kirov -
- Pilots Lounge -

Jason had stopped in place after hearing Grace's offer and turned around almost emitting relief in form of a smile. It was good to hear and even uplifting to know that she would be around him, even if it was for alittle while longer. "I can always use the company." he said with a friendly smile. "I wasn't sure if I could have done this all by myself...I mean...well, I'm not touching his toenail collection now that you're helping. Yep, he sure was an odd one."
Attomoku

Kirov, Hallway

Lt. Te'litha

Nick read the letter quickly while Rhys and Hepburn had it out. He still had the lighter from when he gave 'Alice' a cigarette so he brought it out and burned the letter as Hepburn spun around the corner.
"You know, I think I like him." he commented to his escort offhandedly with a hint of what passed for admiration as he dropped the last bit of burning paper. "Well, we best be off" and he started for the ready room again.

Pilots Lounge

Ltjg. Kelborn

"I can always use the company. I wasn't sure if I could have done this all by myself...I mean...well, I'm not touching his toenail collection now that you're helping. Yep, he sure was an odd one."
Grace laughed, "You can't be serious. Can you?" She asked a bit apprehensively as she exited the lounge.

Buxoro, Hallway

Lt. Robin & Ens. August

"Sir, not to sound out of line, but may I ask what the status of my mobile suit is? My transfer orders were...well unclear as to the subject. I was just in the hanger and I couldn't seem to tell which one was mine, sir."
Elijah threw Tyler a dubiously amused sort of look and he just shrugged back in response.
"Well Ensign I think that makes two of us but I'm sure the Captain will help us sort this out. I'm Lt. Elijah Robin and this zombie here is Ens. Tyler August. At 'zombie' Tyler gave small kick to his cane and Elijah smacked him in the shins with it.
"Charmed," Tyler said winching and nodded at Hughes. He then took off down the hall back towards the hanger. "I'll get back to you L-T."
"Right," Elijah replied before returning his attention to Hughes, "The Captain is waiting for us," Elijah motioned in the opposite direction, "Please follow me, and feel free to ask questions."
Thechoort

Buxoro, Hallway

Following Lt. Elijah, Hughes was none less nervous. Focusing back on what the matter at hand, namely the course of the war which, all things considered, felt like something he needed to ask someone participating in it.
"Sir, forgive my ignorance, but was this ship at The Gate of Zedens? I heard the fighting there was...rough. Command has been less then forthcoming with details, about the Zeon and whatnot, and all i've been able to figure out has been from rumors but still, were things difficult as i've been hearing, sir?"
Xvlai

- Kirov, near Alpha Ready Room –
- Beta Team –

Rounding the corner Sven never broke stride as he noticed Wolf and some unknown Titans pilot standing outside the ready room. Giving the dark-skinned pilot a look over Sven slowed as Wolf spoke, "Sven," Wolf said with a nod. He crossed his arms and nodded in Daren's direction, "This is Daren Nwosu, one of my supporters' sons... Daren, this is Sven Haksson. He's practically my right hand at the moment due to our situation,". Coming to a full stop Sven extended his hand to the new pilot, giving him a firm hand shake he gestured with his free hand to the ready room.

As the pilots filed in Sven glanced down the corridor to make sure no one was watching. Spinning he headed into the ready room as the corridor was empty. Looking up at the two men Sven gave a harder look at Daren, what he was about to say could be for only trusted ears and while Wolf knew the man his loyalty was still unproven in Sven’s eyes. Moving to stand in front of his locker, so his back was to the other men, Sven began to idly organize his belongings as he spoke. “Daren, it’s good to have another supporter here, things have spiraled out of control, but that is to be expected near the culmination of the Destiny.” Flipping through his manual he slouched slightly, “You will have to forgive me if you do not understand what I talk about next, but I am sure we will bring you up to speed.” Turning while he still held his manual he looked directly at Wolf, “Nick is planning something sir, he was most likely visited by a high ranking officer from another vessel”, licking his lips Sven’s eyes shifted between the two before resting on Wolf’s again, “I also have reason to believe the Captain of our own vessel is in on the plot sir, although I don’t quite have evidence of it yet.”
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Hallway -

Rhys endured Hepburn's rough admonishment with a clenched jaw and an icy glare. The huge officer released his grip and moved back in the direction of the lift leaving the corporal loosening his collar and brushing spittle from his face. "I'll be sure to remember to salute after I f**king kill you, sir," he grumbled in a barely audible tone as he waited for Nick to catch up. Jackson could throw his weight around all he wanted, but it didn't intimidate Rhys - the only man that could really do anything to him until their work was done was Capt. Friday. Rhys adjusted the strap of his SMG as Nick caught up after destroying the letter. "You know, I think I like him," Nick commented with a bit of a smirk, "Well, we best be off,". Rhys snorted, "He's an asshole," as they made the last turn into the hall where Delta's ready room was located.

Saad nervously swept the barrel of his gun over to the door as it slid open. "Jesus!" Rhys grunted, holding up a hand as if a bright light was hitting him in the eyes. "What the hell is..." he began, trailing off when he realized Cara was up against the far wall. His confusion changed abruptly to a devilish smile when he realized how easy things had been made for them, and he quickly closed and re-locked the door once Nick came inside the room. "She came in when I was getting ready," Saad explained gesturing at Cara with a nod of the head, "I've got everything else here,". The large duffel coasted past him as if to illustrate his point. "Please," Cara sniffled tearfully, "What did I--". "Quiet!" Rhys barked, almost sounding as if he were enjoying himself. Cara winced and lowered her head as she pressed her self back close to the wall.

Rhys reached out and plucked the duffel from the air. "We must do this quickly," Saad said, sounding as if his voice was about to crack as he turned to Nick and reached into his jacket. CPL Azarola unzipped the duffel and rooted through it, pulling out and discarding Pan Heyden's tattered and blackened normal suit and busted helmet as he continued to look for a specific item. Saad let his SMG drop and hang from it's strap as he reached into his jacket and unbuttoned his shoulder holster to pull out the pistol he had taken from Kyle's locker. "Yeah, it's here. We're ready," Rhys said, letting the duffel go again. Saad sighed and then asked, "Lt. Te'Litha, please come here. Ens. Shiranui, step away from the wall and turn around,".

SGT Bahjat dolefully pulled the pistol from his jacket and turned it around in his hand so that he held it with the grip facing outward. "Lieutenant, you must do it," he said, reaching out to hand Nick the pistol. Rhys cackled under his breath and said, "Gotta do her in the face. We need her messed up,". Saad squeezed his eyes shut and sighed at Rhys' comment. "I'm sorry, sir, but he's right. It must be the face," he instructed in an almost apologetic tone. "N-NO!" Cara protested, raising her voice as she spun around. She didn't dare make a break for the door immediately because all three men were still blocking her path. "SHUT UP," Rhys bellowed as he unfurled the black body bag he had been rummaging for. "Please, Nick, please! You don't have to do this," Cara begged, her eyes filling with tears. She still had no idea what she had done or what they wanted.

"You have to do it now," Saad demanded, his voice haggard and his hand trembling.

- Hangar -

Tariq noted how calm the female pilot seemed to be when confronted about the strange launch that had dropped her off. He began a new mental checklist on top of all the other things taking up his time - now he'd have to figure out who was on that ship and what they knew. "Sir, along with a few other pilots extra crew were provided as a transfer and injured personnel were taken aboard. I'm sorry sir, but I couldn't tell you anything more exact," she answered with a salute, not at all flustered. He wasn't sure yet if her demeanor made her suspicious or not. "Why so curious; Mr. Lieutenant?" Parks interjected, gliding over to whiteknight for Kate. "Yeah. What's it to ya?" Grant demanded, inserting himself between Tariq and Kate. Sayed's lip curled at Grant's insolent display, but he moved backwards to put a little more space between them.

He noted the Juliet patch on the new pilot's jacket, similar to the one he had spotted on Dolk's bag as the other man left the hangar. Tariq certainly had a detective's eye, which suited his job, but his methods and attitude had always clashed with the men he was supposed to work among. He knew Juliet was supposedly one of Scirocco's pet fleets. That meant these pilots would have to be watched closely for the duration of their stay. "Aren't you two chivalrous," he spat, eyeing Parks and Grant. "If any of you are one of that Scirocco sycophant Capt. Friday's lackeys... I'm watching you. Don't bother unpacking your things - your quarters here are only temporary until I can have you removed," he warned, pulling his sunglasses off and folding them.

- Outside the Pilots' Lounge -

After finding a confusing situation in the pilots' quarters, Dolk made his way to the lounge and was lucky enough to nearly run into Grace as she left the room. "Kelborn," he said, pulling his sunglasses down to look over the top of them at the nameplate on Grace's chest. His eyes stayed there long after it would have taken anyone to read her last name. "My docs say I'm supposed to get your quarters," he said, his voice surprisingly soft-spoken as he held up a half-crumpled paper. "Or we can share it," he offered with a grin, ignoring Jason entirely. "I'm Lt. Dolk. Call me Schuyler. You got a first name, JG?"

- Beta Team Ready Room -

Daren nodded eagerly as he shook hands with Sven, happy to meet the other man helping Wolf aboard the Kirov. Wolf and Daren followed Sven into the room, and Ritter noted how agitated Haksson seemed to be as he headed for his locker. “Daren, it’s good to have another supporter here, things have spiraled out of control, but that is to be expected near the culmination of the Destiny,” Sven said, absentmindedly flipping through one of the manuals from his belongings. “You will have to forgive me if you do not understand what I talk about next, but I am sure we will bring you up to speed,” he explained as he turned to look at Wolf, “Nick is planning something sir, he was most likely visited by a high ranking officer from another vessel,". Sven’s eyes shifted between the two before resting on Wolf’s again, “I also have reason to believe the Captain of our own vessel is in on the plot sir, although I don’t quite have evidence of it yet,".

"Damn," Wolf cursed, his hands clenching into fists. If Trent really were involved, it could make things infuriatingly difficult. Did the captain really have anything to do with his father's death? Was that why it had seemed so difficult to get him to help pressure Tariq into investigating Nick faster? "There were several pilots I did not know on the ship that brought me here, sirs. Several that were brought aboard among the replacements like me that came from outside the main fleet," Daren offered, looking concerned. Wolf nodded and growled, "I saw them scurry out of that ship you came from. You'll have to tell us which ones were suspicious so I can find out where they were transferred from,". He shook his head and said, "Until then, Sven, good work. I'll think of a way to test the captain. When you head out again see if you can help Tariq finish his damned information gathering so he can have Nick arrested for murdering my father,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots