Episode 21 - No Rest for the Wicked [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Xvlai

Re: Episode 21 - No Rest for the Wicked [TE]

- The Kirov, Hangar –
- Beta Team –

Sven dutifully followed Wolf off the catwalk as they continued their discussion. It didn’t surprise him that the other families had already been mobilized. Sven’s father had hinted at that when he himself had received orders to transfer to Taskforce Echo. Although he had been one of the first, it only seemed right that given time the rest would answer the call. Even if they weren’t mobilizing and were in fact using this opportunity to distance themselves from the Ritter family Sven was unconcerned. When the destiny comes, the traitors will be punished. Even his father would be doing his part for when it all arrived, most of the supporters would be going space side, yet his sister and father would remain on Earth to do their part.

Looking over the hangar for the first time Sven noticed the commotion it was in. A number of the mobile suit berths were empty and it looked as if most of the Taskforces Mobile Suites had sustained damage in some way. Looking around it was apparent to Sven, that he and Wolf were quite alone floating through the busy hangar. While a number of pilots were on the catwalks, and support personnel crawled over the hangar, the noise generated would make sure no one would hear what was said as they floated through the hangar, even then Sven lowered his voice so just Wolf could hear. In his Marasai he had promised he wouldn’t ask but given Wolfs exchange with Stutkov in the safe room Sven had decided some things needed to be asked. “Sir, I don’t quite know who this Fritz fellow is, or how he fits into this all, but I am certain you can handle with him in the end.” Glancing across the busy hangar again Sven let his drop to nothing more than a whisper. “What about the men onboard the Kirov, we both know a number seek your death and downfall, sooner or later they will make their move. Shouldn’t we put an end to them before they can?”
Fritz Ashlyn

- L2 Space -

- The Kirov -
- Hangar -

Wolf and Sven were soon at the captured Rick Dias' head height, and Ritter caught the edge of the suit's shoulder armor with his foot to change direction and push himself towards the cockpit. He scoffed in annoyance when he saw the wrecked cockpit was empty. Sven looked around at the activity elsewhere in the hangar and lowered his voice to say, "Sir, I don’t quite know who this Fritz fellow is, or how he fits into this all, but I am certain you can handle with him in the end,”. Wolf's neutral look of mild annoyance turned harsher as he clenched his jaw at that name. They got closer to the cockpit and Wolf moved in to get a look at the inside for himself. Haksson lowered his voice again until he was nearly whispering, “What about the men onboard the Kirov, we both know a number seek your death and downfall, sooner or later they will make their move. Shouldn’t we put an end to them before they can?".

Wolf reached out and touched one of the loose bits of Pan's blood that was still wandering inside the cockpit, and as it splashed across his glove's fingertip he muttered, "The only one we need to keep an eye on is Nick-". He watched with a strange interest as he rubbed the blood between his thumb and forefingers, "-Though I think Lt. Sayed may take care of that problem for us,". "Looks like he's probably dead..." Wolf muttered under his breath, sounding disappointed at the lack of a confrontation with the pink man that had been such a problem during the battle. He looked back at Sven as he lowered his hand and rested against the stuck-open hatch, and he added, "But I want you to keep a closer eye on Te'Litha. If we get a chance in the next few days, I might try to remove him before we reach Gryps,". He folded his arms and shook his head, "If we have to wait, I'll move against him when we have more trustworthy manpower around,".

His vision dropped, and he closed his eyes for a moment, "I intend to do more than avenge my father's death and fulfill the Destiny, Sven. Once things are in their just and natural order I will have my Alexi back,". His eyes narrowed as he opened them again, and he promised, "Bask Om and whoever has so much as harmed a hair on her head will pay a thousand times over for their crimes,".

- The Brig -

The corporal continued to laugh as the private holding Pan jerked the battered and delirious prisoner's head back so that Cara could get at a nice mass of his sizeable pompadour. "Gonna take a while with those things," the private chuckled as Cara reached out and grabbed a chunk of hair. CPL Sonman's laughter abruptly stopped, and it took a moment for the other guard to realize it. He glanced over to see Sonman standing at attention, and looked up to find Lt. Tariq Sayed giving them all a decidedly sour look. "Sir!" the guard said, releasing his grip on Pan. Heyden's head suddenly lolled back without his support, and luckily for him Cara's first snip barely took off 1/8 of an inch of the top hairs on his head. "What are you doing to my prisoner?" Sayed asked, the sharp questioned aimed generally at everyone in the room.

He looked down at Nick, who was still in the throes of agony as his latest episode was beginning to grip his body, with a plain look of disdain and nudged him with the toe of his boot. "Begging your pardon, sir, but Ens. Shiranui --" one of the guards began, but Tariq held up a hand and he fell silent. Tariq's frown caused his mouth to turn into a thin line as he said coldly, "PVT Gossett, if you and CPL Sonman are finished striking the prisoner about the head and face...". The two guards mumbled affirmatives, and the lieutenant continued, "PVT Gossett, please assist the ensign in helping our friend Lt. Te'litha to sick bay,". He looked to Cara and made a sweeping hand gesture from her towards Nick and waited a moment before he looked to the corporal. "CPL Sonman, if you would be so kind, please move the prisoner into the questioning room and attempt to rouse him. I'd like to ask him some things before he's beaten braindead,".

- Bridge -

"Captain," Gojiro spoke up, raising his hand hesitantly to get Trent's attention, "We're being hailed on an encrypted channel... It's got to be part of the fleet at this range, but they haven't identified themselves as part of the main fleet,". Capt. Trent's brows furrowed at the news. They were straggling distantly behind a large group of Titans ships that included the Dogosse Gier, but the way Gojiro put it... "Is it just a standard hail?" Trent asked, leaning forward in his seat. An idea was starting to creep into his head of what it could be, but he didn't have much to go on. The comm operator turned to look at the captain and shook his head, "Sir, it's directed at the Kirov but they ask for you by name,". A few of the other crew looked to each other and curious murmurs began to pop up at the other stations. Trent rose from his seat and moved forward to order quietly, "Establish a connection and maintain the encryption. We should have the right codes,".

Gojiro blinked and turned back to his computer to double check the information, "Sir, this isn't a standard Titans communications encryption. I don't think we have the codes needed to--". The captain moved closer and said more quietly, "If this is who I think it is, we have the codes. They should have been added at Ayers City. Try it,". A sense of distant foreboding washed over Trent as he glanced around the bridge. That feeling was foolish and he knew it, but he couldn't help it. Gojiro reeled back slightly in surprise as the connection was made, and he nodded, "Sir, it went through. We're on an encrypted channel...". Trent moved back, away from the comm station so he was in a proper spot in front of the bridge's main screen as it blinked away from static.

"Andrewson,". Trent felt his gut tighten up when Capt. Black Friday's smiling face appeared on the overhead monitor. Perhaps that feeling wasn't so foolish. Black's smile had a normal warm and genuine appearance, but there was something subtly off about the expression that made Trent apprehensive every time he saw it. The face formed a smile but it seemed there was nothing friendly behind it... "As you can see, I'm contacting you from the Jupitris. I beg your pardon if I'm being a bother - do you have a few moments?" Friday continued, his voice somehow both obsequious and slyly assertive. Trent shivered and swallowed hard as he prepared to answer.

"No, captain, I can speak with you for a while," he answered, forcing the words out. He could see several of the bridge crew exchanging glances in his peripheral vision. He had deliberately delayed contact with the Dogosse Gier, and now the Jupitris was calling on him and he had dutifully answered... "Excellent," Black smirked, interrupting his thoughts. He leaned slightly closer to the camera, causing Trent to reflexively lean away. "Perhaps we should continue our conversation from the computer in your quarters,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Attomoku

Buxoro, Safe Room

Lt. Robin

" Think its safe to get out of here?"

“I think so, the lights came back on and all. I have some things that need doing but if you want, we can grab something to eat later.” Elijah started toward the direction of sickbay to double-check on Tyler. “We can talk about this more if you want to then,” he called over his shoulder

Kirov, The Realm of Dream

Lt. Te’litha

Nick dreamed of Bella. He went to hold her but she seemed to vanish every time he got close enough. She seamlessly transformed into Celine now on the current attempt but he could touch her. That wasn’t good enough, he shook her and screamed at her to go back to being Bella until her neck snapped and the face was Bella’s lifeless one. In horror and sorrow, he held the broken body close to him but his own body seemed to be made of fire and her flesh burned and sloughed. He tried to kiss her lifeless lips yet his own tasted of acid and poison and her beauty melted from her face. He didn’t know how long he held her but when the smell of burning flesh and blood became overwhelming, he dropped the body and swore bloody vengeance.
”But, upon who?” the body asked, it had knit itself back together into a female version of himself but used Bella’s voice. “On me?” it asked and the female Nick was now had on an old Zeon uniform and they both were standing on a colony that was riding down toward the Midwest. “Or me?” asked Celeste’s voice from behind. He turned and also riding the cylinder down was Celeste in a pilot suit. “What about me?” the same voice from behind him, Bella’s sweet singsong voice. He turned back and found Bella again but now she was wearing a Titans officer uniform. She pressed a remote and the colony underfoot now shot a massive blue tinged laser blast and in the distance Nick saw it hit a colony. He was standing inside the dying cylinder now watching Wolf and Alexandra die of asphyxiation in the same clothes that he and Bella had worn that fateful November day in 0083. Alexandra screamed something at him desperately, but he could not hear. However, he heard Wolf clear as day, “How ‘bout it Te’litha” he growled. “Shut up!” spat back Nick, he was back on the exterior of the falling colony again; He knew where it would hit. The ‘accused’ were all clamoring to be heard, Tiraq was there now and so was that new AEUG prisoner and a few new others. “Shut up! Shut Up! Shut UP! SHUT UP! I WILL BURN YOU ALL! YOU WILL ALL PAY!” He made himself heard over the din and they all fell silent save for one in the crowd who he hadn’t seen. “Even me?” asked the real Bella in a sad, hurt voice. She clutched the musical locket that she had given him a lifetime ago like a lifeline. “No, I would never..” Nick tried to explain and tried to reach out for her but then the colony impacted the earth and sent a wave of fire and pain over him and scoured ‘the accused’ of their flesh. As he slipped back into the darkness he reached out for her but only found the locket. She had already gone.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Xvlai

- The Kirov -
- Hangar -

Sven listened to Wolf speak, he remained silent glimpsing the Rick Dias's cockpit over the shoulder of Wolf. As he finished Sven took a deep breath in, the task put on him was not that difficult not important, yet he felt proud in knowing he had been selected for the duty, even if he was the only other member of the destiny onboard the ship currently. "It will be as you command, I will watch over him closer now." Glancing about the outside of the Rick Dias Sven openly mused in a hushed voice, "I don't think the pilot of this suit died, there would have been much more blood." Taking a slight inward breath knowing where he was going he continued, "I will also be ready to put an end to Te'litha, I don't trust Lt. Sayed, to much of the man and his reasons are an enigma."

Shifting himself to the other side of the cockpit Sven continued speaking in a more subdued voice, his eyes looked for a moment through the Rick Dias as if he was remember some past experience or lesson, "As your father said, and your father's father said when the destiny comes, the traitors and enemies will meet there end. As I live I will make sure your enemys meet their end, and your loved ones are returned to you." Turning Sven glanced across the hangar to make sure no one was listening in again then he turned his head back to Wolf.
Fritz Ashlyn

- L2 Space -

- The Kirov -
- Hangar -

"It will be as you command, I will watch over him closer now," Sven responded, and Wolf nodded slightly. Haksson looked the cockpit over for himself and suggested as far as Wolf's observation, "I don't think the pilot of this suit died, there would have been much more blood,". Wolf wasn't sure he was convinced either way; the machine was a total wreck. Sven paused for a slight moment before adding, "I will also be ready to put an end to Te'litha, I don't trust Lt. Sayed, to much of the man and his reasons are an enigma,". His voice grew quieter as he continued, "As your father said, and your father's father said when the destiny comes, the traitors and enemies will meet there end. As I live I will make sure your enemys meet their end, and your loved ones are returned to you,". Wolf unfolded his arms and set a hand on Haksson's shoulder. "Thank you, Sven. What I need is more men like you who understand the truth,".

He pulled his hand back, returning to his normally aloof demeanor, and after looking at the ruined seat and monitors again he moved past Sven onto the suit's shoulder. "I might go to sick bay in a while to see if that pilot is dead. Don't worry about him, he's not a threat any more even if he managed to survive that," he said, gesturing back into the cockpit. He stopped himself against the catwalk railing and looked back over his shoulder to suggest, "Get some rest. There's a lot to do and I feel that there's little time left in this war,".

- The Brig -

Lt. Sayed watched impassively as Cara at first acted like she was going to cut Pan's hair anyway, then slowly put her scissors away and complied with his request like a pouting child. "You're the same as the rest of them," she muttered in Tariq's direction as she took a rough hold of Nick's arm and helped Gossett drag him upright. The intelligence officer seemed to ignore the comment, mentally filing it away as he watched them awkwardly carry Te'Litha out the door. While those two were removing Nick, CPL Sonman was tentatively struggling to get Pan into the interrogation room on his own. Luckily for him, Heyden was still fairly out of it momentarily from the blow to the back of the head and he got him secured and ready for questioning after a couple minutes' work. With the brig closed (and now quiet and scissor-free), Tariq nodded to the guard after Pan was secured in restraints, "Thank you, corporal. Please stand guard until PVT Gossett is back while I begin preliminary questioning,".

- Captain's Quarters -

"Good," Friday said, nodding as Trent patched the communication into his personal monitor and sat down. The captain from the Jupitris waited until Trent was settled in, steepling his fingers as he rested his arms on the desk in front of him. After a pause that stretched until it was nearly awkward, Black nodded again slightly and began to speak, "Well, Andrewson. We're approaching a time that is very important. Profoundly important,". He leaned back slightly and let his hands rest face down on the desk as he continued, "I don't need to remind you of the terms you agreed to at Ayers City,". Trent raised a hand and corrected, "Tentatively agreed to, captain,". Black shrugged, "If you like,". He leaned closer to the camera and remarked, "Regardless of the semantics, Andrewson, you've done business with me - with Paptimus Scirocco - on several occasions. Hypothetically speaking, you've already violated standing orders,". Trent could do nothing but frown at that assertion; it was technically right, which was all the Titans would care about.

Friday leaned back and shook his head, making a motion with his hand as if he was brushing that part of the conversation away, "That doesn't matter to me. And it shouldn't to you either; you're taking positive steps on behalf of your command for the right reasons, and I think we understand each other,". Being told he was doing the right thing was something Trent wanted to hear, but having it come from Black Friday didn't mean much. And on that note he was almost certain they didn't understand each other. "In any case, Andrewson, let's get down to business. If you have any questions, please ask," Friday said, flashing the kind of polite smile that said 'don't ask questions'. Black reached into his desk's top drawer and produced a sheaf of papers and a pen. He flipped open the top folder and looked it over a moment as he clicked the pen. "I don't have a copy of Taskforce Echo's post-battle report, so I gather that you haven't contacted the Dogosse Gier," he said, waiting until Trent nodded to affirm his assumption, "Good,".

Friday turned a page and continued, "You are to continue on your current course, but do not report your current condition to anyone but me unless you are contacted directly,". Trent bristled at the change of tone - he was being issued orders. Friday tilted his head slightly and instructed, "You don't answer to Bask Om any more, Andrewson, you answer to me. I will be your taskforce's liaison officer until there is further restructuring of the entire organization,". That all but sealed the deal, Trent thought. He was being instructed to ignore orders from the proper command structure and he wasn't objecting. Not only that, but 'restructuring of the entire organization' strongly implied Capt. Friday was referring to the violent mutiny Trent knew had to be coming. "Now then," Black said, flipping to another folder, "You are to compile a full damage estimate and complete a request for resupply as normal; however, from this point forward all requests are to be sent to the Jupitris first. I will respond with an amended request that will then be sent to fleet command,".

Friday wrote something down on the paper he was scanning and then looked back up at Trent. "Are we clear so far, Andrewson?" he asked, his spurious charm still hard at work. The Kirov's captain nodded. What good would it do to object at this point? Friday was going to conduct this 'internal defection' on his own terms, and Trent knew Scirocco was his only choice if he wanted to remain a Titan while fixing the problems Bask and Jamitov had exacerbated. "Good," Black said, looking back down at his papers. "Tell me," he said, readying his pen to write, "How is Lt. Sayed's investigation progressing?". Trent shifted in his seat, not sure how to answer the question. "Well..." Trent said, gathering his thoughts as he realized he had developed a slight headache, "Tariq seems to be operating on mere suspicion at the moment. Other than speaking with you I can't say that anything I've done has been concrete evidence of insubordination of any sort,". Black looked up and chided, "Not you, Andrewson. His investigation of Lt. Te'Litha,".

Trent blinked and his expression darkened. "Captain," he couldn't bring himself to call Black Friday 'sir', not yet, "What does Nick Te'Litha have to do with this, specifically?". Black's mouth turned into a lopsided frown at the question, "Lt. Te'Litha might just be a very valuable man. He's being investigated under suspicion of involvement in Commodore Ritter's death,". Trent shook his head, not quite sure what Friday meant. Then it dawned on him slowly, and his expression changed to disbelief. "The Ritters?" he asked, incredulous. Friday nodded gravely, "The Ritters. Their influence could prove... troublesome to Paptimus, especially given their extensive connections among powerful earthnoid families and government officials,". Trent scoffed, "I don't believe it. You're using me - us - to get at the Ritters?". Friday shook his head, "No, no, no, Andrewson, you misunderstand me. My primary goal is assuring the assistance of Taskforce Echo. Keeping tabs on Wolf Ritter is merely a facet of that - I have reason to believe he might use his family's influence to back Bask and Jamitov,".

Trent didn't know if he believed Friday or not. Scirocco would need ships and mobile suits... but was Wolf Ritter that dangerous? "So then," Black steered the conversation back on course, "What of Tariq Sayed's witch hunt?". If he was asking about Tariq's investigation, then that meant he knew about Nick and Wolf's animosity towards one another, which meant he likely knew definitively whether or not Te'Litha was responsible for the commodore's death. How he knew, Trent didn't know. "I would say Lt. Sayed has been distracted. Between his not-so-subtle observation of myself, and now that he'll be dealing with the prisoner we took at--" Trent began to explain, but Black looked up from his writing and interrupted him. "Prisoner? Who?" he asked, pulling up a different paper. Trent shifted uncomfortably in his seat again and answered, "We managed to secure a Rick Dias at the Gate of Zedan with the help of those experimental units from Taskforce Juliet. I don't have a name yet, captain, but I will provide you with information when it's available,". Friday nodded, "So it was Dolk's work... As soon as you have a name give it to me. And don't tell anyone about that prisoner that doesn't already know,". He scribbled something down for a few moments, leaving Trent to puzzle over the conversation some more. "Please continue," Black said, nodding without looking up from his writing.

"That's really all I can say with any certainty. Lt. Sayed is not very open with me about his personal work, especially considering his current suspicions," Trent said, gesturing with his palms face up. Friday wrote a bit more, changing pages a handful of times before he clicked the pen again and looked back up at Trent. "I will be authorizing multiple transfer orders in addition to any replacement crew you request. These men are to be assisted through any means available to you that do not jeopardize your current 'neutrality'. I also want you to isolate anyone that has come into contact with that prisoner. More orders will be delivered to you by the 21st; report any changes in the situation directly to me immediately," he dictated, straightening up in his chair as he brought the conversation to a close. He seemed to wait a moment, and Trent squirmed at the sudden feeling he got. "Yes, sir," he said, the word leaving a bitter taste as it passed his lips.

"Andrewson," Friday said, his oily faux-friendly tone returning, "I'm glad you're open to cooperation. Taskforce Echo will officially replace Taskforce Juliet once your new orders arrive,". So Juliet was in Scirocco's pocket. That meant Echo was it's replacement. "You're all but part of the Jupitris Fleet now, captain. I look forward to our future endeavors,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Loser Villain

Buxoro

“I think so, the lights came back on and all. I have some things that need doing but if you want, we can grab something to eat later. We can talk about this more if you want to then.”

"Yeah," Aaron replied in a low tone, "I'll see you then."

He then set off for the ready room so he could stow his normal suit. Much to his surprise he found Tim curled into a ball floating around. At fist he wasn't sure how to react to it, but he decided to change first.

Putting the helmet on the top shelf of his locker he then began to unzip the front of his normal suit.

"Who's there?" Tim said meekly to his left.

"It's Aaron."

"Ah, sorry sir, thought it might have been August or a tech.

"Nope, just me," he continued to remove the normal suit and hung it in the locker. "What's wrong Ensign?"

"Oh, nothing, thought we were going to die."

"So you curled into a ball, rather then get to a safe room?"

He stretched out and faced Aaron, his face was red. "I... panicked sir, I didn't know what to do."

He finished pulling on his uniform pants and buttoned them. Turning to Tim he placed a hand on his shoulder. "Tim, being afraid in a situation like that... I don't blame you. But, you can't loose it like that. Now, out there, you've been doing great. Guess it has to do with control, you control the Mobile Suit, but we can't control the ship when skyscraper sized rocks are flying at it. You just need to let the crew do their job and get to safety.” He then sat on a bench and started to pull on his boots.

“I... know, its just I'm...” Tim stammered.

“We're all afraid to die Tim.” Aaron stood back up and put his arms through the sleeves of his jacket, “And if there's anybody who says otherwise, well they're lying or they're crazy.”

Tim wanted to tell him about Tyler, tell him that he didn't seem to have a care, but he just nodded in response instead.

“Take a spell Tim, I'll come wake you up if anything important happens.”

“Yeah,” he moved for the door and it opened automatically. Before going through he turned to Aaron, “Thanks sir.”

“No problem,” he thought about how much Elijah had helped him after Warren had been killed. Was this what being a good superior officer was about?

Tim left and Aaron was left standing alone for a few moments before he decided to head back to his own quarters and take freshen up.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick