Episode 20 - The Gate of Zedan

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
wonton bob

Re: Episode 20 - The Gate of Zedan

- Hamburg Team -
- Ens. Bernard Korbel -

Bernard cringed at Adam's lack of control during his landing and scans the area for any rogue Titans before trying to contact Lt. Emington, but to his dismay it appears that in the mechanic's haste to repair Al's suit communications was left off the list.

Using the Nemo's hand he motions at Emington's suit pointing to the Hamburg's deck. A few moments later Bernard gently lands on the catapult deck and maneuvers the Nemo over to the lift.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
ScornMandark

Dervish
- Hangar -

Rem barked a short laugh at her comment about the Nemo Cannons. "Never would've crossed my mind, Ensign." He could feel the edges of hysterical laughter trying to burst forth, but with a herculean force of will pushed it back down. He really needed to get some sleep, and soon.

He looked at the chaos the hangar had turned into. "How much longer before you're back in that mess?" He gestured over the catwalk just as the small alarm buzzed. Rem assumed it was part of operational norm, like an all clear or somesuch and didn't notice it. In fact, it was markedly similar to the shift change buzz at the AE factory.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Attomoku

Kirov, Bridge

Lt. Te’Litha

Nick was about to ask Stukov when and where he saw the Griffon team but Trent interrupted.
“Jesus,”
Nick followed the Captains gaze back outside and realizing the shear magnitude of what was in front of him, was shocked into temporarily forgetting his question while Trent conversed with Kellman, who also didn’t fill Te’litha with the greatest confidence.
He heard the door open but didn’t turn, the fact that he didn’t hear anyone immediately, told him almost exactly who it was. When he spoke it confirmed his identity and Nick’s resolve not to look at his mug least he punch it.
“Ah, Lt. Te’Litha! I heard you were here. I’ve been meaning to have another discussion with you,”
The snake inside wanted very bad now to shoot him for being such an insolent and nosey prick but was persuaded by his pink haired apparition to stop short and give him the finger instead. He was still determined not to look him so he couldn’t tell if he noticed or not, if he did he made no sign of it as he addressed Trent. Tiraq’s presence made him feel sick but Nick still listened in on the verbal game of battleship. Privately, he thought to himself that Trent ought to come to his senses and take up the offer that he made him awhile back. If he just gave the word, Nick would throw Wolf and Tiraq out the airlock with a smile, but he hadn't yet so Nick was stuck trying to come up with ways to make their deaths look like accidents and left wondering if Trent liked playing these little mind games.
His train of thought was derailed by news of Ritter’s return and met with a highly unenthusiastic “Ah F**k,” while Trent issued orders. His revulsion that Wolf was still alive was met with actual nausea, an understandable but usual reaction to the news which made Nick think that something else may be wrong. He grabbed his nerve numb-ers and choked back a few, they helped a bit and the nausea faded as he too put his helmet on.

Outside Pilots Lounge

Ltjg. Kelborn

As Grace came close to the lounge she spied Jason, he looked white as a sheet and his breathing sounded labored as she approached. An image of her former CO aboard the San-Diego as he started to recover came unbidden to her mind and she resolved to help whoever he was. She floated over to him, ready to help if he collapsed.
“Hey, You don’t look so good. What are you doing out here?”

Buxoro, Hanger

Ens. August

"August, just let the medics do their job will ya?"

“Hey, if I go, I go” he muttered back morbidly and pinched his nose to stem the blood. It certainly felt like his headache might do him in, but Tim had a point. The sooner he got done playing 20 questions, the sooner he got something for his head.
“Now follow my finger” the first medic asked in a professional tone as Tyler begrudgingly complied.

Lt. Robin

Elijah listened to Aaron babble a bit while the medics continued August’s checkup, He figured it was his way of dealing with the stress.
"So, ah hear anything new about the operation while you were reporting to Winter?"
He pursed his lips into a thin frown
“Nothing new operations-wise but, while out in the fray I caught a faint transmission through the M-interference, it was from our mad former CO.” He paused unsure if he should continue, he took DeRossi’s loss hard, but the kid had a right to know.
“It was a loss burst, I think M-Hover is dead.”
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Lans

- Hamburg Team –

- Randy

Adam’s landing was pretty spectacular looked from above the deck. ‘Almost like a lucky strike adds’, Randy thought. The other Nemo attracted his gaze by waving its hand, signaling about getting down to the ship. Following Bernard, Randy landed his suit on the Hamburg’s deck. With low-low speed & angle, and matched speed he was able to land vertically and walked his way toward the end of the deck. There he turned his suit around to the ship’s front section and kneeled down next to the hangar door.

Following the cooling down procedure he popped up the hatch for quick communication with the crew, while still eying the horizon in his screen.

“Sir, you realize we cannot…”

Randy cut short the question and gave his reply, “still got half the load. No need to refuel and reload for now, “ besides it’s better to have one ready outside in case something gone bad, he thought. With that he waited calmly for the finale of today's battle.
hellbore

- Hamburg Team -

- Adam -

Adam righted his prone Nemo as the other two pilots landed near the hanger. Carefully, he positioned his Nemo correctly and entered the hanger, this time without incident. Setting it into the closest frame, he popped out of the cockpit and stared up into sapce through the open hanger door. If this works, he thought to himself, it'll be the beginning of the end for the Titans.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Xvlai

- Gate of Zedan, P field, near the Kirov
- Beta Team –

Sven had fallen in behind Wolf’s Marasai as they had sped back towards Taskforce Echo. He had remained silent the entire flight back thinking about the events that had unfolded in the battle. His performance in the battle bugged him, it annoyed him so much he wasn’t even grateful that he had lived through the battle, with numerous opportunities to defeat individual AEUG pilots he had failed at each chance. More so he had been unable to support Wolf in his attempt to destroy the supposed traitor, and that bugged him much more than anything. He knew little more than the man’s name of Fritz Ashlyn, and while he wanted nothing more to question Wolf about the man, he knew better. After all if it really was his business Wolf would let him know when it was pertinent, and if that time never arrived then so be it. Clearing some windows that had opened up on his HUD, Sven gave an invisible shrug to no one in particular, because after all Sven didn’t need to know a man’s story to kill him.

As they neared the Kirov, Wolf’s message cut clearly through the minovsky particles due to their relative distance. “Sven, You’ve got a clear shot to land. Go ahead and set down before me.” Sven glided past Wolf without a word of affirmation. Bringing his Marasai in on a gentle slope he touched down on the Kirov without much incident. He immediately moved his Marasai to its berth being mindful of the engineers who swarmed around the hanger. Coming to a stop he got his first chance to gaze around the hanger. From the looks of it Wolf and he were some of the last pilots to arrive, and furthermore it looked like the Kirov’s pilot contingent had not taken too many losses. His gaze stopped on the tiger stripped mobile suit, it seemed that mad fool Nick had survived the battle, it seemed divine providence was not on their side today. He remembered his encounter with the man to this day, and he knew a threat when he saw one.

Popping open his Marasai hatch Sven glided out into the hanger, Nick would have his time, just like this Fritz Ashlyn. Landing on the catwalk he shuffled his way over to Wolf’s berth and waited for him to land. As he did he passed by their former third pilots berth, he suppressed the urge to shudder as he remembered Constantine’s fate.
wonton bob

- Kirov -
- Ltjg.Kyle Roberts -

Once the doors to the bridge opened Kyle stood at attention and gave a quick salute. To his astonishment he did not expect to find a large crowd of officers gathered around Cmdr. Trent. Dread immediately filled in the gaps when he also noticed the colossal rock known as "Axis" looming closer as the countdown neared zero. He had yet to say a word but any mundane question now seemed ridiculous to ask. Instead Kyle just stood there watching all the commotion happen around him as their largest base of operations was about to be annihilated.

- Kirov -
- Ltjg. Jason Drossel -

Jason leaned against the wall to take a breather when he heard a woman's voice call out to him.

“Hey, You don’t look so good. What are you doing out here?” Ltjg. Kelborn asked.

In a brief moment of befuddlement he looked up and through a vision of haze saw Ens. Fullerton in Grace's place. As she approached he gave an uncharacteristic smile at now his guardian angel. "Where have you been?" Jason asked through his beaming smile but as she got closer Sam's image had transposed back into Ltjg. Kelborn. Still holding on to the wall Jason was disappointed for a micro-second until he got a good look at Grace and tries to cover-up his lack of lucidity. "Well, medical was quiet as a morge and I don't want to be in that situation quite yet and as crazy as it sounds the food in here is a step up from the canned protein in sickbay. Now, I happened to have reservations if you care to join me." Jason joked as he tried to straighten up. "I'm Ltjg. Jason Drossel. Nice to meet you."
Sume Gai

-Balrampur Team-
-Rick Archer-

Rick didn't bother calling out to their missing team leader. Dead or alive, it didn't matter; things would be sorted out once the battle was done and Rick had no duty in that. It seemed in the confusion of their missing team leader neither of the other two were moving to land so Rick himself opted to make the first approach. The team's standing orders were to RTB anyway.

"Archer, coming in..." With that Rick began to decelerate and make final adjustments, these were procedures Rick had performed dozens of times in the past. The only difference was that this was a live combat zone. In the end though that difference proved inconsequential, Rick's landing was completely uneventful and he climbed out after parking the Nemo in it's berth.

-Bindra Team-
-Kenneth Graden-

Brouillee had landed without incident and Daeig was on his fnal approach. Daneig looke wobbly but as long as he payed attention he should make it.

"now, Korbel and Tuzenbach. Be careful with the damaged leg."

Graden had most of his attention on the pilots in front of him though he remained vigilant making sure that no one snuck up on the group.

-Shellia Northran-

Inside the Bindra Shellia held onto a railing at the side of the Hanger, where the maintenance crew was likely to be safest should someone batch their landing. She breathed a sigh as the first Gaza returned without notable damage. Shellia hoped the others were as lucky but at the same time dreaded that they were not.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gate of Zedan, P Field -

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

Space and the view of P Field rotated in the bridge windows at what seemed like a glacial pace to Trent while he waited for the confirmation that the taskforce was reoriented and ready to begin its retreat. There was a lull in the bridge’s ambient noise as crewmen nervously secured their normal suit helmets and otherwise got ready for the trek out of the combat zone, and Trent tensed up in his command chair. Now Abbey could conceivably have a nice shot at Echo’s ribs until the fleet got out of the field and put some distance between them. “Luckily,” Trent thought sarcastically, “In a couple of minutes we’ll have the biggest hunk of cover we’ll ever need,”. Kyle Roberts entered the bridge but remained silent, and Tariq turned to look him over.

“Ltjg. Roberts,” Tariq said, breaking the momentary silence, “Congratulations on a successful sortie. I’m interested in perhaps having a discussion with you later as well,”. This time there was no false esteem to his routine. Trent cleared his throat and spoke up, “Lieutenant, are you finished here? Please leave the bridge if you have no further business,”. The captain figured he could get away with that one because of battle conditions. Of course he hadn’t asked any of the ‘idle’ pilots to leave, but he was hoping Sayed wouldn’t call him on it. Tariq’s upper lip quivered as if he were contemplating a sneer, but he nodded crisply and turned for the door. “I’ll see you later, lieutenant,” he asserted coldly in Nick’s direction as he passed through the exit.

With what sounded like a chuckle (“No, couldn’t be…”) Chief Kellman announced, “We’re on our escape course, sir. Standing by for orders,”. Without hesitation, Trent nodded, “Begin full retreat. I want us as far away as possible - there’s likely to be a lot of debris after the collision,”. Mortimer gladly complied with the orders and the Kirov began to slowly accelerate on a course perpendicular to and slightly away from the AEUG 4th Squadron, and the Salamis Kais immediately began to burn propellant to stay in a loose staggered formation. Gojiro rattled off another bit of radio traffic coming from the escaping ships and then confirmed Wolf Ritter’s successful landing. Trent’s grip on his seat’s armrests relaxed slightly now that they were officially on the move. He looked to the starboard side of the bridge windows. Axis no longer appeared to be moments away from smashing straight through the bow of the ship, but the view was no less harrowing now that it was centered in the windows.

“Ah, sir…” Fyodor said, raising his hand tentatively to get the captain’s attention, “Dorsal observation teams are reporting enemy thruster flares and beam fire coming from above the fleet… The Herakles and Ipswich are both alerting us to at least one enemy contact directly above us headed for the middle of our formation!”. “What? Only one?!” Trent blurted, his mind immediately assuming the worst - Zeta Gundam. “Yes, sir. Uh… Kalinin and Ipswich teams are attempting to intercept. There are reports of casualties off the Kalinin’s starboard bow,” Fyodor gulped. “Authorize support fire, now! Shoot it down before it can make a run on us!” Trent bellowed, leaning forward in his chair. “Captain! If you will allow it, I will return to the battlefield and engage this unit,” Stukov spoke up first among the pilots present. Trent could practically hear him straining to stay put.

“The three of you return to standby and wait for launch orders,” the captain said, nodding gravely to Stukov. If they had to deal with a monster that could tear the entire fleet apart, Stukov was one of the first men he wanted rushing out to meet it head on. He had to use whatever he had to give Echo the best chance of escape. Stukov was bounded for the door as soon as Trent began his answer. The captain gestured with a sweep of his hand and ordered, “Keep us moving. We can’t stop now for anything,”. The display hanging above his head changed again. Axis ticked one spot closer to the Gate of Zedan - the edges of the two digital representations were almost touching now - and the countdown ran under six minutes.

- Near the Ipswich -

“Marasai, this is the Ipswich - please identify yourself.”

“I don’ like this place, Ispitch. This ain’t no good place. I wanna get outa here.”

“We’ve got confirmation on your IFF reading, Ens. Miller. You’re cleared for emergency landing if you can’t make it to the Kirov.”

Patrick Miller blinked slowly. It took him until that moment to realize the blinky blue ship he had found wasn’t the Kirov, and now he was confused again. The Ispitch was tinyer but he was pretty sure he could fit Mary into it, but he was pretty sure the Kirov was where he was supposed to go. But it was far away and he had to go to the bathroom real bad. He should have listened when Jason told him to go again before they were called up.

Patrick’s brain kicked into maximum overdrive as he decided whether to land on the Ispitch or the Kirov.

After deeply pondering it for what seemed like an eternity, he decided he didn’t have to go back to the Kirov yet. “I don’t need no fancy foods like beans with ketchup,” he said to the Ipswich comm operator as he moved Mary closer to the front part of the space ship.

- Ipswich Team -

Harrington was about to scold one of his wingmen for staying too close when the first of Pan’s shots streaked in at him, and he cursed as he put his suit into a late evasive roll to the right. The first beam missed by meters, but the second clipped his Hizack’s arms and weapon causing it to blow up in his hands. With the limbs mangled, it spun away with thin wisps of propellant and smoke leaking from the torso. “Sir?!” Trevino yelled, hesitating and breaking the line formation as he moved in the direction of his CO’s damaged mobile suit. Luckily, Ens. Bostwick continued to pay attention and he scored a hit with his machine gun that took out one of Heyden’s beam pistols.

“Stay on him, you moron!” Harrington admonished Trevino, his Hizack flailing in place due to damaged AMBAC systems, “If he gets through and fires on the fleet it’ll be your ass!”. Ens. Baden rushed forward, ignoring the second pair of shots as he tried to help Bostwick force Pan into a crossfire. Trevino stuttered apologies to Lt. Harrington and abruptly turned around, trying to keep himself between Pan and Echo.

- Kalinin Team -

Alpha broke into a low growl through gritted teeth as he pushed his Marasai to catch up to Pan, and he arrived in the area just after Lt. Harrington spun away in a smoking wreck. “Box him in!” he yelled, trying to organize the leaderless team that was in front of Heyden. His HUD pinged and showed him a rear view image of Janice Runnels attempting to catch up in her Hizack. That meant Kuwani was either dead or back on the ship. “Keep him occupied,” he ordered, plunging into a dive. Surely with four units attacking him from different directions Alpha would be able to hit him from below with a reasonable expectation of success. He’s seen this type of scenario plenty of times over the years. “You’re mine,” he grunted, firing three shots from his beam rifle at Pan’s Rick Dias from below.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outside the Gate of Zedan’s P Field -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

“Yes, of course. We’re still synchronized with the operational time - we’ll be ready at 3 minutes. Thank you,” Abbey responded to the fuzzy image displayed on the bridge’s largest screen. The red headed teen on the other end of the connection nodded, “Yes, sir. This is just a confirmation request from Capt. Bright,”. Abbey folded his hands in his lap, “Right. Tell him we’re ready and waiting, Keithron,”. The Argama operator nodded again and then the connection returned to static as he moved on to the next ship. Abbey’s hands returned to his command chair’s armrests and he exhaled deeply. They were so close. Bright was getting ready to give the final set of orders for all AEUG vessels in the area, and then it would be done… “And we’ll have won. No, succeeded,” Abbey thought. “We haven’t won until the Titans are gone and the Federation is reformed,”.

“Sir?” Wade asked. The captain shook his head, “Nothing, Wade. Just thinking out loud,”. He took another deep breath and closed his eyes for a few seconds. A faint buzzing sound he couldn’t place irritated him and drew his attention, and when he opened his eyes he noticed Jane dealing with an internal alarm. It took him a second to figure out the flashing light and buzzer’s placement on her panels. “Jane,” he spoke up after she was done relaying orders, “Was that a security alarm?”. They had already confirmed Pan leaving, so what could it be? Jane looked shocked as she turned around from her station, and she went pale as she described what had just been reported from the hangar. “Captain… Lt. Barrique is dead,” she said, blinking back tears, “They found him in Team 1’s ready room - someone shot him,”. Abbey reeled back in his seat. Who would…

“Oh, no…” he muttered.

- Hangar -

When the team assigned to Team 3 moved up to take care of Jacob’s suit, he yelled for fuel as soon as he left the Rick Dias’ hatch. “Yeah, we can do that,” one of them said as he started taking a damage assessment, “But you’re stuck here on standby until further notice. Cap doesn’t want anyone heading back out until the last barrage is done, so take it easy, kid,”. The mechanics on the fuel team began working on his binders and propellant system, and one of them floated to the hatch. “Sir, if I were you I’d steer clear of the ready rooms for now. I heard security has the hall locked down and they don‘t want anyone down there. If you want something to drink or eat I can bring it up to you,” he offered, shrugging at all the hubbub in the hallway.

Over where Rem and Sophie had been shuffled to again, Rem laughed, just a little too much, "Never would've crossed my mind, Ensign,“. Sophie could tell how badly the lack of sleep was getting to him. “How much longer before you're back in that mess?" he asked as they both were temporarily distracted by the security alarm buzzer. Sophie moved her arm, forcing herself to not wince at the stiff soreness that still throbbed in her shoulder, and answered, “Well if you ask me I can get back into the swing of things within a week. But it’s up to the doc, and he seems to think my arm is busted up worse than I do,”. She considered taking her arm out of the soft sling, but decided to leave it there. It would be stupid to make it worse trying to look tough.

At Ready Room 1, there were now two armed guards outside the door. Inside, a pair of medics and more guards were finishing up with the scene of the crime. “This place is going to be a Goddamn mess when the gravity is turned back on,” one of the medics said as they secured Barrique in a body bag. “You’re telling me. That’s why I’m not going to be in here when it is,” the head security guard said, making a face, “You guys can clear out now. We’re getting security footage from the hallway,”. One of the others snorted, “I can tell you who did it,”. The team leader nodded and waved his men out of the room. “Yeah, yeah. This isn’t exactly a mystery for the ages, but we’ve got to confirm it,”. He stopped when they were outside and kept the hall clear while the medics carried the body away. He turned to the men outside the door and ordered, “Nobody goes in until I get back here. Got it?”. After he followed the medics up the hallway, one of the guards locked the ready room door and they returned to their posts.

- Sick Bay -

Dr. Lekarz came to a stop against one of the sick bay walls to take a quick breather. The only real work they had done was stabilizing Ian Greydon, but it had sapped his energy quickly dealing with such a devastating wound. Ian was secured to one of the beds, mercifully under the effects of some of the strongest painkillers the doctor had on hand. There was no way they could save the leg; it had been practically shredded below the knee where the major amputation was. The good news was that they had stopped the bleeding, and the doctor was confident they could save the joint. One of the nurses floated over and handed Lekarz a container of water, which he gladly accepted. “Just make sure we’re ready for more patients. This battle isn’t over.”

- Near the Dervish -

- Team 1 -

“Michiko, did you say something?“ Fritz asked, “Are you okay?”. He tried to get his monitors to cooperate enough to bring up a video connection. The two Rick Diases moved closer to the Dervish, and Michiko slowed down to avoid crashing them both into one of the catapult decks. “Michi… we’re safe now. Say something,” Fritz pleaded. He was starting to get more worried. It wasn’t like her to keep everything bottled up like this. Something was wrong. “Fritz…” she said, finally appearing in his HUD. She had removed her helmet, and the collar of her normal suit was open. Michiko blinked the blur of tears from her eyes and worked up her resolve again. It wouldn’t be like the last time. She opened her mouth to speak again, and hadn’t gotten out a syllable before Jane’s voice was piped into both mobile suits.

“Michiko? Fritz? I’m so glad to see you two made it!” she said, sounding like she had been crying herself. Michi shut her eyes and closed the video connection to Fritz’ suit. “Fritz,” Jane continued, keeping him from saying anything to Michiko, “Pan… Pan killed Lt. Barrique, and now he’s gone,”. Fritz sat bolt upright in his seat. “WHAT? What are you talking about?” he demanded. Jane hesitated and then explained, “Ltjg. Heyden returned to the ship and had the hangar crew resupply his Rick Dias… and while he was aboard he apparently got into another fight with Richard in your locker room and… he shot him with his own gun ,”. Fritz was totally at a loss. It was one thing for Pan to make the decision that had cost Jim his life, but to go and do this…

Jane cut communication after clearing their landing. “Michiko?”. He could hear her sniffling again. “Fritz, what’s happening…” Michiko whimpered, “Everything is so awful… Everyone is dying…”. They touched down on the deck of the Dervish roughly, and the skin talk was nearly broken. Fritz realized she had allowed the Rick Dias to land itself while holding onto his suit. “I… I don’t want to--” Michiko whispered, and Fritz hushed her quietly. The mechanics began to guide (and drag) their suits into the hangar as he promised, “We’re safe now. We’re back on the ship. I’ll take you to the ready room s--”. “No!” she yelped, “Not that place!”. Fritz cursed silently - the ready room was where Barrique had been murdered. Not the best place to have her calm down.

He took a look around the hangar as they were brought in, and noticed all of Team 2 had already returned. “We can go to Team 3’s room,” he said, trying to keep her calm. They were separated again as the mechanics struggled to put the suits into separate berths, but as soon as his Rick Dias stopped moving he sprang from the cockpit and headed straight for Michiko’s suit. A mechanic was helping her out when he approached, and when she was free of the cockpit she burst into tears and pulled herself close to Fritz. “It’s all right now. Let’s go…” he consoled, leading her towards Team 3’s ready room.

- P Field -

- Team 3 -

Celeste slowed and came to a stop as she watched Jacob leave the field and head for the Dervish. Something in P Field still called for her attention. She changed direction, flying through debris and past security asteroids and dummies until she came across a clear spot where a nearly intact Rick Dias drifted peacefully. Celeste shifted the escape pod in her suit’s grip so that she had a manipulator free, and took hold of Clute’s Rick Dias by the arm. “We’re going back…” she murmured, accelerating again in the direction of the 4th. If she brought him back everything would be fine. They could fix it…
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Leaving Gate of Zedan Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"Aye aye captain!" Raquel responded enthusiastically as she deftly worked to have the Bindra glide back and away from the AEUG and the Gate of Zedan entirely while keeping it oriented nicely in the middle of their forward view. Even though he barely had experience commanding a ship during a battle, Capt. Wald could tell the AEUG were winding up for a knockout blow. Smaller thruster flares were beginning to thin out in front of the arrayed ships, and most of the overall mega particle fire had slowed to sporadic bursts. “Their guns are tracking to new targets. The light show will start up again soon,” he muttered his own assessment out loud. The fact that that was plainly evident to everyone else didn’t cross his mind. Mark that one down as another Pizal Wald tactical victory. “Ha ha!” Pizal chuckled, putting his hands on his hips.

"I wonder if we'll be credited for a video that will become part of the historical records for the next few eons… Bet the others will be jealous they weren't here to witness this!" Chief Reyes mused, encouraging the captain. Wald smiled as visions of citations and decorations danced in his head. “We’re likely the last Axis vessel this close to the fighting,” he said with the right amount of self importance. After all, this was an autonomous unit under his direct command. “Captain, Petty Officer Danieg is on approach to land,” Vada reported, but the captain waved him off in annoyance.

- Hangar -

“No, slow it down… slow it down, kid. Up. Up! Now give it a little acceleration… Okay, left… left… Left! I said LEFT! Don’t slow down…!”

**CRASSSSHHH**

The crewman trying to guide Lasis Danieg into the hangar winced and covered his head instinctively as the cadet’s Gaza-C lurched into the deck in a rough crash landing. It sprawled out, sending equipment and personnel flying out of the way. When the operator raised his head to look, Lasis’ machine twitched as if it were trying to transform but because of several broken joints and other damage it only flopped in place and sparked wildly before shutting down. Alarms began to sound as smoke rose up from several damaged parts, and fire and damage crews sprang into action to make sure it was secure. “I told him over and over to work on his landings…” he clucked, shaking his head at the cadet’s error, “Shellia and the boys are going to be ticked,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

wonton bob

- Axis -
- Bindra Team -

The order of landing seemed pretty silly to Matthew but he figured it had its purpose as do all things. Even the Titans were created to serve some function, as twisted as it was.

"now, Korbel and Tuzenbach. Be careful with the damaged leg." Graden instructed.

"Aye, Aye Lieutenant Commander." Matthew replied as he became more deep in thought following Ens. Danieg. Still, he speculated on the idea of a police force like the Titans and where down the line they lost control of it; namely the Federation, if it ever had control in the first place. It bothered him to think that a large force like the Federation could so easily be sidelined by corruption.

Bringing the suit closer to its destination he didn't notice the commotion or mess that Danieg's caused. Matthew finally derived that now was an opportune time to strike and lay claim to the Earth. He also finished up his brainstorming and aimed his attention back at piloting just in time to correct his Gaza-C from drifting into a section of wall, knocking over a large metal chest full of mechanical tools with his foot.

"Who left that in the way?"
The Loser Villain

- Bindra Team -

"now, Korbel and Tuzenbach. Be careful with the damaged leg."

Nikolai watched as one by one his teammates landed on the Bindra, some causing a bit of a mess from what he could tell from the radio chatter. He'd have to extra careful with his landing since he had lost a leg.

Since the Gaza-C was already in bad shape and he figured transforming it couldn't do that much more damage and allow him to use the front of the MA mode to prop the Gaza-C on so it wouldn't tip over.

"This is Ensign Tuzenbach, coming in for landing. My MS is damaged so I'm going to come in slow."

With that he transformed the Gaza-C and began his approach, using reducing speed as he got closer and finally moving with just inertia felt the leg begin to scrape the deck and finally he dipped the front of the MA mode to the deck and it slowed the Gaza-C down, but as it stopped it still tipped over, causing mechanics to scurry away from the area.

"Uh, sorry," he said as the operator came on screen fuming mad.

They'd have to do some serious work to fix up the hanger after he scraped across it.

-----------------------

- Balrampur Team -

Rick Archer had landed just as Terrace arrived near the Balrampur.

"Manosk here, am I cleared to land?" His voice was sullen and no where near as excited as when he had shot down the Marasai earlier.

"Clear to land Ensign, are you injured?" the operator responded with regard to his tone of voice.

"No, I'm fine. Coming in for landing."

The Nemo Cannon glided in and landed without indecent. Terrace waited patiently as the Mobile Suit was lowered down to the hangar.

'Hopefully all these deaths will make a difference,' he thought as he waited.

-----------------------

- Buxoro, Hanger -

Ens. Melton

“Hey, if I go, I go.”

Tim couldn't believe his ears as Tyler blurted out his statement.

"Are you nuts? Seriously, cause I wouldn't want to be done in by something total preventable." He shook his head in disbelief as he watched Tyler finally cooperate with the medic, "Some people."

Lt. J.G. Faraday

Elijah seemed to be able to read Aaron's body language well because he had been feeling stressed from the operation, and as far as he was concerned they wouldn't be safe until they were clear of Axis and Zedan.

“Nothing new operations-wise but, while out in the fray I caught a faint transmission through the M-interference, it was from our mad former CO.”

As Elijah paused he could almost expect what he was about to say,

“It was a loss burst, I think M-Hover is dead.”

Aaron cleared his throat, while M-Hover had been his first CO in Echo, he wasn't very fond of the man. Granted it was bad a fellow pilot had died, but...

“I Guess he wasn't a Newtype after all. Still, didn't expect him to go so soon after being transferred. Sucks eh?”
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
King Monkey

"That's fine," Jacob replied to the technician who approached him. He was speaking about not going to the ready rooms. He had no plans to go to the ready room, in any case. He wasn't going to leave his Suit. Not now, not until he'd killed some Titans.

There would be no way for the technician to know which bit of information he was referencing, though and he had no intention of clarifying it. He wasn't going to be kept here. Not once his suit was refueled.

"No. I don't need anything," he said to the offer of food or drink. "Except for more fuel."
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
ScornMandark

Dervish
- Hangar -

Rem shook his head. "I busted my arm once, cutting a pilot out of a test rig. Nasty business, that one. Docs had me in a cast for 3 months. 3 months! Ugh, talk about a drag on soldering..." He briefly thought back to it.

GM Test Rig 0334B was returning from a test flight, everything mostly on schedule. Few electronic glitches, a couple hydraulic failures in some of the adjustable ailerons, but since they were in vacuum, nothing devastating. Just as the suit was coming in, however, there was a massive current spike through the control system. Everything went dead, including communications. The cockpit hatch got smashed closed when the GM hit the deck, hard. Rem dove in with all the other crew there, cutting and bending the wreckage to get to the pilot.

The crane finally grabbed the suit and turned it enough to gain better access to the hatch. Unfortunately, Rem was balanced precariously on the inner edge of the access frame. The low gravity on the moon kept him from being seriously hurt from the 30' fall, but he did still manage to snap his arm. Turns out the pilot was fine, just singed a bit on the gloves.

He sighed, absently rubbing his left forearm. They said there wouldn't be any lasting scars or anything, but he still sometimes felt like there was a bump or something right where it broke.

"Maybe we can get you in the simulator first, that should be low-G-impact on the arm."
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Wedge14

Heyden, frowned as he noticed a Marasai from before finally catching up to him. Without hesitation he continued to push forwards. If he stayed still he'd be soon in the middle of a trap. Quickly picking his target, he set his eyes on a Hizack that stood out to him.

It's movements were slower then the others, a bit delayed and most importantly it was armed with the standard machine gun. "Sorry pal!" He said his frown turning into a sadistic grin. Snapping to the left at break-neck speed he quickly closed the distance bits of machine gun fire pinging off his pink war horse. The pink machine was starting to show wear from the fire, the machine gun hits though not fatal were causing stress in the armour. The machine's structural integrity was being put to the test.

Trevino's Hizack pelted Pan's Rick Dias with fire, but it wasn't enough Pan slipped right by him. Putting the whole Ipswitch team and Bate behind him. Barely paying any attention to the slew of damage readouts that were cramming his HUD his eyes drew a glance to the three other mobile suits that had just joined the fray.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
wonton bob

- Kirov -
- Ltjg.Kyle Roberts -

“Congratulations on a successful sortie. I’m interested in perhaps having a discussion with you later as well,” Tariq announced.

Kyle snapped out of his stupor and nodded at Tariq but before he could reply Trent's bark had ushered Tariq out the door. Kyle kept observing the bridge crew relaying orders and managing the ship. He had no idea the workload these guys had on a bigger ship. Suddenly Fyodor reported activity from the from the Kalinin and Ipswich teams. And with that the captain ordered all pilots in the room to go on stand by. He knew his Barzam had sustained too much damage to have been repaired by now. Who am I to argue. Guess I'll have to commandeer Ens. Shiranui's Barzam for now. Kyle thought as he bolted out of the bridge and onto a gripper.

Once arriving at the hanger, Kyle points to the functioning Barzam. "Refueled?" Kyle asks as he pulls his helmet back down over him. Getting a positive response from the mechanic, he enters the cockpit and switches on a few controls. As he takes a seat, Kyle hits the comm. "Ltjg. Roberts on standby. Awaiting orders."
Attomoku

Kirov, Bridge

Lt. Te’Litha

Tiraq’s geniality toward Roberts made him take a sidelong glance at the Junior Grade Lieutenant.
Nick wondered if Kyle had something on him or if Sayed was just trying to mess with his head. Kyle went on his blacklist anyways simply because Tiraq liked him for whatever reason, and he made a mental note to follow up on it, discreetly.
“I’ll see you later, lieutenant,”
“How about dinner at my place?” Nick quipped back, getting the last shot as the doors slid closed, his voice full of mocking.
The news from the lookouts about the lone suit made Te’Litha’s ears perk-up like a dog to his masters voice. His thoughts also immediately turning to the Mark-two or Zeta.
“The three of you return to standby and wait for..”
Nick was gone by that point, bolting from the bridge and not waiting for the rest of the order. He laughed like a manic most the way down and made it back to the hanger in record time with Stukov.
“Sir!,” a mechanic hailed Nick as he approached ‘it’s been refueled and we restocked the Vulcan’s but we haven’t completed replacing the shield.” Nick had noticed the lack of the top half shield on the right shoulder.
“Don’t want it, now move” he brusquely brushed off the mechanic and threw himself into his tiger-striped machine. Booting it up and moving it to the catapult, he launched without orders, Fyodor hearing something like “fuck the rules” as he careened into space and boosting full tilt towards the lightshow above him, both sabers already in hand.

Outside Pilots Lounge

Ltjg. Kelborn

"Where have you been?"
His question caught Grace off guard, but the grin really disarmed her. “uh..” she was unsure what to say. He then obviously must have realized he had said something odd because he tried to cover it up,
“Well, medical was quiet as a morgue and I don't want to be in that situation quite yet and as crazy as it sounds the food in here is a step up from the canned protein in sickbay. Now, I happened to have reservations if you care to join me. I'm Ltjg. Jason Drossel. Nice to meet you."
“Im Ltjg. Kelborn. Nice to meet you too.” She looked him over and his lapse had her worried so she opted to stay and observe “I’ll take you up on that reservation, if only to keep an eye on you until the med staff come looking for you.” She moved with Jason into the lounge and sat down. She had recovered from being disarmed by his smile by then and smiled back in similar manner, “So tell me, did you think I was someone else for a second? A lover perhaps?” she needled, finding this bruised and battered guy somehow likeable.

Buxoro, Bridge

Ltcmdr. Winter

“You heard them, Full retreat!” Winter barked at his helmsmen, “Engines to 100, stay on the current heading”
“Aye Sir!” he acknowledged
The ship shuddered as it accelerated, and smoothly ran parallel to the Kirov in the inky black.
“Captain,” Catherine the radio op piped up, “We may have a problem! The Kalinin and Ipswich report a lone suit, and the Kirov and our own lookouts confirm”
“Weapons control!” Winter barked again “Find the bastard, fire our main guns and take care to avoid our own units! Helm, do not stop for anything, prepare to divert power, I want running at 130% when the time comes and I give the say-so!, kill eviro in the meantime if you have to.”
To either side, the twin barreled guns angled and lances of light shot towards the pink pinprick in the dark.

Hanger

Lt. Robin

“I Guess he wasn't a Newtype after all. Still, didn't expect him to go so soon after being transferred. Sucks eh?”

He may have been a comrade but Elijah laughed grimly all the same. “Yeah, you’re right, I guess he wasn’t one.” He then sighed, “The dumb bastard went out too far, and would have been cut off if we hadn’t found them,” Elijah complained bitterly. “I’m just glad that we held off that second team so his subordinates could get out. No move a commander makes for pride or glory should ever be the reason for the death of his subordinates.” He looked over Aaron and stared at him in complete seriousness, “If I ever make such a move that might get any of you killed unnecessarily, then you are to tell me so and displace my command.”

Ens. August

"Are you nuts? Seriously, cause I wouldn't want to be done in by something total preventable. Some people."
For the rest of the exam Tyler remained silent. The second medic tells him that they want to keep him under observation for 24 hours which he relents to in exchange for some aspirin and a dark and quiet room. Before Tyler follows him out of the hanger, he turns to his squad-mate, “The reaper can’t be bargained with Tim, that’s just how it is. You can’t choose when but you can how you’ve lived up to that point.” And with his head now a dull throb he leaves for sickbay.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Ziryab

-Aixs-
-Bindra-
-Bridge-

"I say we should be the ones to give the Federation gov'ment a direct recording of this and not the AEUG."

"Definite checkmate," Raquel commented as the AEUG began closing in further upon the Gate of Zedan and the Titan forces like a school of organized piranha. "I will be amazed if the Titans can actually put up further resistance after this." She believed there was no likely possibility of even a small fraction of the organization's members at this battlefield would likely survive. Maybe lest than five percent she assumed.

"Oh my," Raquel said in a hushed, almost reverential tone as the collision was within a minute of happening. Her eyes widened. Glued across the bridge's bow. She felt even the beat or her heart and pulse of her body grow silent.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Sume Gai

-Bindra-
-Shellia Northran-

Shellia Winced as Daneig landed. 'i hope he's alright' Worried more about the pilot than the Gaza for a moment. However lost in her worry she didn't notice when Korbel overturned a chest of tools and sent a Spanner Flying in her direction.

"Watch out!"

Another mechanic cried out as he pushed the younger one out of the way. The Spanner impacted the wall and floated away harmlessly.

"those Idiots need to watch what the hell they are doing..."

the other mechanic's Aside passed though Skintalk without him intending it to. Shellia nodded in agreement as both turned to watch Nickolai's bizarre and silly-looking landing; both of them winched as he came to a stop, and promptly fell over.

-Kenneth Graden-

"Damn fools..."

Graden clasped his hand to his face in exasperation as not one but two of his team utterly failed at landing.

"...They'll be doing extra training when we get the chance." Turning to the last Gaza still in space with him Graden nearly snarled at Nacthjeager and he gave an order.

"Nachtjeager, Land and do it right."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern