Code Geass RP Check

Advertise your website, blog or whatever.

Moderators: mcred23, Cardi Doorl

Strike Albion
Lackey GM Pilot

Code Geass RP Check

Post by Strike Albion » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:23 am

Hey all,

Some of you know me as Strike/Albion/Suzaku and I'm sure I'll RP'ed with quite a handful of members here on one board on another of the past few years. I have to say I'm quite disheartened that RP boards have fallen silent over these past years, I only know one or two active ones off the top of my head. I suppose real life gets in the way a lot nowadays.

That said, I do yearn to redo my own RP board which would revolve around the Code Geass universe; this incorporates both Lelouch of the Rebellion seasons, Oz of the Reflection and Akito the Exiled. As well other little bits such as Lost Colors. Potentially it could go anywhere.

I have quite a few ideas in my head about potential ideas - set between R1-R2, Post-R2, AU ect - and over the past few years I've amassed a fair bit of Code Geass-related mechanic lineart to see a board through the canon and custom KMF/KGF/other mechanics that it would need and could be requested of. However, I don't really want to go and start everything off if it'd be wasted time and effort and quite honestly if I got enough interest I'd quite like to get an idea what sort of story and where in the timeline everyone would be interested in doing.

So if there's any interested parties, do let me know either here or via PM.

Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero

Re: Code Geass RP Check

Post by Dark Duel » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'd definitely be interested myself. Y'know it's funny, over the weekend I'd briefly given some thought to dusting off an old Code Geass AU-ish story idea I'd had from years ago that I never did anything with.
Either way, count me in!
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Strike Albion
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by Strike Albion » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Glad to hear it Dark Duel, feel free to contact me via PM or my added MSN (actually Skype haha) address. I'd love the chance to RP CG-verse with you again.

Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero

Post by Dark Duel » Thu May 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Looking forward to it as well.
Shame it seems that I'm the only one though :(
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Nihachi
Mecha Flunky

Post by Nihachi » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:33 am

Sounds like fun!

Haruma
AEUG Slapping Boy

Post by Haruma » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:39 pm

You know you always got me! Tis Shinning BTW!

Strike Albion
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by Strike Albion » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Glad to see you both too, sorry for the late reply. I'll contact you both soon via PM.

Haruma
AEUG Slapping Boy

Post by Haruma » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:32 pm

You still doin this?

Nihachi
Mecha Flunky

Post by Nihachi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:06 pm

I'll admit that I've drifted out too. But yeah, still interested.

Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero

Post by Dark Duel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:35 pm

Theoretically, if this is still gonna happen, I'd still be interested as well.
// GUNPLA THREAD //

Strike Albion
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by Strike Albion » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Still very much happening, just trying to find the time to get it setup and what not.

Strike Albion
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by Strike Albion » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:01 pm

I know I shouldn't double post but I wanted to get every interested person's attention the fastest way; could you all state which of the options interests you the most: Alternate R1, Alternate R2 (following a mostly canon R1) or a Post-R2 story. I'll post expanded ideas tomorrow.

Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero

Post by Dark Duel » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:04 am

Well, of the RPs I have done in the past, the best experience I had was an Alt-R1 story, and I have ideas for such a setting, so I would definitely be more interested in this.
An Alt-R2 I could probably get interested it, but post-R2 is not something I'd be all that interested in personally.
Bottom line: Put me down as most interested in an Alt-R1.
// GUNPLA THREAD //

Strike Albion
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by Strike Albion » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Understood. The Alt-R2 I had in mind would involve the Britannian-European War tbh, shifting away from Japan - but with European-Elevens/Japanese around - for a while. I was thinking a similar focus akin to 08th MS Team for both sides really, to help for a smaller member base, with, in regards to KMF, more focus on variation of canon units as opposed to advancing tech to R2's canon standards; of course the tech level would start at 7th Gen. It's just a thought at the moment.

Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero

Post by Dark Duel » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:37 am

In an Alt-R2 setting, I would personally much rather start off at around fifth-gen equivalent at the most, and bring in the seventh-gen later on.

The rationale there is that even at the start of R2, the main Britannian production model is the fifth-generation Gloucester, with the Sutherland still featuring as well - and we don't see seventh-gens outside of one-off and limited-production prototypes until later on with the introduction of the Ward.
So I would say maybe ONE seventh-gen or equivalent for faction leaders, with the rest in 5th-gen KMFs would keep things more interesting. Because if you start with the seventh, everyone and their dog is gonna want some kind of souped-up KoR-level custom unit, and that (A) is unreasonable given what you've said about the setting, and (B) makes things boring IMO.

That said, as I already mentioned I personally would prefer starting fresh with an Alt-R1; my thinking was to keep the basic setting and certain elements of the very early narrative from canon. From there, we do our own thing. That would give us, IMO, a lot more freedom to do our own thing without worrying about keeping to the standard, both tech- and narrative-wise, set by the original series.
// GUNPLA THREAD //

Strike Albion
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by Strike Albion » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

When I meant starting at 7th Generation I just meant the 7th Generation would have debuted already with the Lancelot and some of the KoR units just off-screen and what not; the majority of player units would be 5th Generation + 5th-Gen-Variants with a Leader using a pre-production type 7th Gen. I wouldn't start everyone off in a 7th Gen. I'd really like to focus on creating variants like Akito and Oz tried to do in some regards.