TftF Discussion Thread #4

Shop talk for any of the RPGs currently running on the forum.

Moderators: Fritz Ashlyn, Heretic, mcred23, Cardi Doorl, Wedge14

blind_dead_mcjones
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Re: TftF Discussion Thread #4

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:45 am

Tangerine wrote:I'm still here, although I hardly remember what everyone is posting about in the RP after all these months :lol:
true that, thankfully we have the luxury of reading over them again without having to sort through 10 plus pages of posts due to the recent lack of activity, six in one and half a dozen in the other as the saying goes 8)
Flag Fighter for life!

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:43 am

Just as an update/explanation, I talked to Fritz a couple of weeks back and he was buried at the time in the kind of work you'd expect him to be dealing with in his last semester of law school, work that he was getting on short notice. That's what has kept him busy the last number of weeks.

Myself? Well, as some of you may know, I really, really, really, really, don't like posting as characters I don't regularly control, since I never really feel comfortable as them or that I'm handling the characters right. And that feeling goes triple for some of the more important Titan characters (Trent, Wolf, Nick, etc) for a bunch of reasons, which is why I've almost never posted as them before (If I ever did, I don't remember it). That's why I haven't posted as any of them yet, I've been hoping Fritz would be able to get back and take care of them, thus moving things along one bit at a time. However, since he's obviously still busy and I ain't got a clue when he'll be able to post, I guess I'll finally have to post as those characters to nudge things in the right direction.

Said post(s) probably won't come for a week or two, but do keep an eye out for them. I'm hoping that doing so will at least make it so as few characters as possible are still stuck waiting for a Trinary & Co. character to act, so y'all can maybe post in the near future (Whatever the fudge that means 8)).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:40 am

Red, incoming...

I mean, ORegan is posting in TFTF sign up thread.

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:54 am

I know. The man-whose-next-Hitler-status-I-revoked-some-years-ago and I have exchanged a few PM's, and will probably do so again over the profile tomorrow. :wink:

Kite_Ishma
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by Kite_Ishma » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 pm

okay okay i'm back. Difficult to say this but I lost my love for gundam as a whole. Just wasn't my thing anyway. Still isn't buuuut I miss you guys soooooo I have a lot of catching up to do.

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Quick reply, but I'm not dead, although I've felt close to that at points. Work-related crap kept me busy for a couple of weeks (A bunch of people were sick, so I was working almost every day), and then I spent the last month really messed up with the flu (Which I got from work :roll:), in no condition (Or mind-set, really) to post at all. However, I'm over that, and I took off half of this coming week for the NFL Draft, so that'll give me some time to finish those posts I mentioned seemingly forever ago. So, if those aren't up by this time next week, someone just start spamming me with e-mails or PMs or whatever. 8)

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 pm

I'll do the PM spam.

Emails... Wontonbob or Oreagan should do the trick I guess :oops:

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:16 am

I thought you'd all like to know that Fritz isnt dead either. I'll just quote part of what he said to me:
Mr. Ashlyn wrote:This last year of law school has been brutal. I can tell why some people can't take the stress and everything that comes with it. I had to back away from almost everything online to buckle down and take care of business, and in doing so I got further behind on posting here and staying in touch with you - and then that compounded because I felt bad about being so far behind and staying out of the loop, so when I had tiny windows to possibly do something here I didn't, so I felt worse, so I focused more on school, etc.
Thankfully, he graduates in May, which should take the pressure off him rather quickly and hopefully he'll be able to rejoin us soon (Not that he's missed too much :roll:).

Also, my posts will be up by tomorrow evening (Like, 6-ish EST, if not earlier). If anyone has characters that are still stuck or whatever after that for whatever reason (Something I missed, someone else not being here, crab people, the KGB, etc), let me know (Preferably via PM, or Skype) and I'll get back to you as quick as I can.

Finally, if anyone is interested in taking on some characters (Mainly dear departed Cardi and Wedge's, among others), PM me. It'll ease up my load and maybe get our speed back up to glacial. :P

EDIT: First two posts are up. I'll be putting up two more later today or tomorrow covering the NPC side of the Titans and the AEUG, cause I don't think anyone was waiting on actions from them (The NPC Titans is just me at the moment and most of the AEUG can act already, I think). But like I said before, if I'm wrong or missed something or whatever, let me know and I should be able to get back to you (If not fix it or post or whatever) pretty quickly.

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 am

Whoa, we actually progressing forward. This is still faster than global warming. :lol:

I assume nobody wait for my post, so I'll take my time... I doubt red will be eager to post anything big soon anyway :D

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:20 pm

Yeah, I'm not gonna rush things just yet. :P

Which, on a related note, I'll probably hold my next pair of posts off until the weekend. Some stuff came up that prevented me from posting them yet, and I figure why not spread them out for the hell of it. 8)

Ziryab
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Post by Ziryab » Fri May 03, 2013 10:44 pm

*yawns out of Rip Van Winkle mode*

That was a good nap! =p Here's hoping Fritz will still be in one piece when his semester ends.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003

Inferno
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by Inferno » Sun May 12, 2013 12:17 am

Is it still alive? After all these months? then I am out of my coma and ready to...

...wait is there actually anything I have to respond to?

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Sun May 12, 2013 6:56 pm

If you're waiting on someone I'm responsible for (Which is all the Trinary-related characters at this point), just let me know and I'll cook something up.

EDIT: I'll try and have the Titan NPC and AEUG stuff will be up as soon as I can. I hit a snag with the Titan ones (Keeping track of everything) and had to send a few PM's to address some minor issues, but once that's taken care of they'll be up. And related to that, when those posts are done, I'll be updating the map.

In the meantime, amuse yourselves with this blast from TftF's past!

Inferno
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by Inferno » Mon May 13, 2013 12:37 am

Brutus's team is attacking the Val Verde team (which Kou is backing up). The Herakles team (which I will most likely be in complete control of by this point) is attacking the Victoria team. I believe it was last agreed that the Herakles team would obliterate them, break the AEUG lines and Paris and Al would move to stop them along with some other backup.
SpoilerShow
Orsino is to kill Al and then have a great slugfest with Paris.

The Green Flame
Creepy Bishonen

Post by The Green Flame » Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 am

*shakes fist*I'm not dead!

Inferno
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by Inferno » Mon May 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Every time...

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 am

Hi, guys. Guess what, Red is actually really making the map. at least that's the PM I received from him. to support him please direct your mental encouragement toward Red's username & avatar. Internet cookies is also accepted. 8)

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Posts are up?! :shock:

Some related stuff:

First, here is the map. If it sucks, well... I suck at both art and MSPaint (As some of you may remember from some awful/hilarious things in older TftF discussions and Fritz's buried art thread. Click that at your own risk, BTW :mrgreen:), but it should give ya an idea on where people are moving and whatnot, and I plan to try and keep it updated.

Second, we did this in the previous battle thread (For Wolf and Fritz fighting, I think) but I'll explain it again anyway. I'm basically going to treat some of the fighting as happening 'off-screen', so to speak. Specifically, at this point, the fighting between the Luzon and Irish teams. I'll probably post as them again during my next round of posts (More on that in a moment), but there isn't much of a need for me to spell out everything that's going on there when it's just NPCs and not really related to anything else (...Yet 8)).

Third, I don't know when those posts I mentioned will be done. There is about a fifty-fifty chance that I'll be able to cook up something next weekend but I've got a lot going on (Work, my birthday, Memorial Day stuff, going away for a few days), so if they aren't done next weekend, don't expect them until the weekend after at the earliest.

Fourth, and finally, my usual stupid comments on letting me know if I missed, forgot, or totally fudged something in my posts blah blah blah. Same goes for the map too, I guess. :wink:

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Thu May 23, 2013 3:23 am

It's actually better than I thought....

Just a question, where's Dolk on the map? and how could Team 1 still lingering near the ship. They launched before Team 3. or is it the other way around? That happened some few years ago I can't remember. :oops:

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Dolk is one of the three Alpha Team dots, and Team 1 is actually returning to the Dervish to refuel and rearm and so on.