TftF Discussion Thread #4

Shop talk for any of the RPGs currently running on the forum.

Moderators: Fritz Ashlyn, Heretic, mcred23, Cardi Doorl, Wedge14

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Re: TftF Discussion Thread #4

Post by mcred23 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Posts are up. If anything is wrong/forgotten/lacks hidden Satanic messages, let me know, blah blah blah.

I'll have an updated map done probably next weekend (Expect them Sunday night, once I get bored of glorious preseason football 8)), along with some stuff related to the people who didn't respond to that PM I sent.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Fritz Ashlyn
Traitor Villain

Post by Fritz Ashlyn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:23 am

Another post up - sorry for the delay. I'm grinding my way back into healthy levels of leisure time. :P

Farewell to the good ship Rapa Nui; we hardly knew ye*.

* We did not know ye.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

blind_dead_mcjones
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:19 am

will have a post up in the next few days or so
Flag Fighter for life!

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:50 pm

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:will have a post up in the next few days or so
It's been a while... Not that I'm expecting a post since am too is very busy these days.

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:49 am

I'm going to try and post within the next week or two. I'm aiming for next weekend when I'll be house sitting, but it might be during the week, or the next weekend when they do go up. I'm holding off on updating the map until more people have posted so there is an actual reason to update it. :P

I've barely started working on the posts in my head, but there is a pretty good chance I might call some hits or bunny some characters in an effort to move things along in some places. I know it's the time of year when school and work starts getting busy for people (Which usually sucks) and football is back (Did you enjoy Peyton Manning tonight, Fritz? I know I did! :mrgreen:), but I don't want to keep waiting forever. :|

The Loser Villain
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Post by The Loser Villain » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:57 am

I'll have one up by Sunday.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick

blind_dead_mcjones

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Tangerine wrote: It's been a while... Not that I'm expecting a post since am too is very busy these days.
my bad, life got in the way, plus was waiting for inferno to reappear but that doesn't look like that is gonna happen

EDIT: done, and called a hit on the kalinin, btw could someone (either fritz or mcred preferably) please start posting for dolk and the rest of alpha team? i feel like i'm clutching at straws at the moment
Flag Fighter for life!

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:43 am

Yeah, I'll include something for them in my next posts if Fritz doesn't get to them before me (Please do so, Fritzy! 8)). I'll also do something with the Kalinin goons fighting with Wales to make that more interesting, cause I totally forgot he was that close to the ship/them. :oops:

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:58 am

I hope it's okay to play with a named NPC. and yes I usually broke the toys I used to play. Will edit if the owner of the toys still want em intact. :oops:

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Just an update, cause I thought I'd have the posts done by today, but I decided to rework them quite a bit with some stuff I was planning for my next series of posts to move things forward more substantially. I'm maybe halfway done with them at the moment, and barring more unexpected crap holding me up, they should be up around the weekend (If not Saturday, then next Monday or Tuesday due to football :mrgreen:). I'll also update the map and finally address the issue of the missing people and how to handle their characters and whatnot.

ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Post by ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Just tossed up a post. Elijah and Vlad are moving towards the Kalinin and Jacob's launched drunk and pissed off. And sadly he's got both in quantity.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion

The Green Flame
Creepy Bishonen

Post by The Green Flame » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:55 am

Doh, though I said I'd post and what not, I just can't get back into it so I'm gonna duck out. Might come back for Sentinel or something but otherwise, I'm out. Fun times though.

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Posts are up. Random note time.

First off, I'm going to treat the fight between the Trammel and Herakles teams as off screen for the time being since no characters controlled by other players are near them at the moment. I'll go back to them eventually. I also totally spaced on Delta team :oops:, but since they're in a similar situation, it's not an issue for any of you at the moment, and I'll get back to them in my next posts. I was waiting on Fritz to do more for the 4th and Team 1, but since he's absorbed in depression over the Texans losing, I'm not sure when he'll get to that. In any event, I was thinking about doing another AEUG post in the next week or two partly as a response to all the stuff I did in the last Titan post, so if I do, I'll work something out for those folks then (And I guess the Echo ships too, maybe...).

Second, let me once again stress that if I forgot any team or characters that any of you are fighting, please let me know. I didn't mean to forget about Team 3 attacking the Kalinin or the Buxoro dudes in my previous posts, and while in the case of those guys being attacked or killed it wasn't a big deal (It actually helped :P), I do like to try and respond to everyone and would have worked something up for you guys had someone said something here, via PM, Skype, carrier pigeon, or whatever :lol:. BTW, Tangerine, the Kalinin's missile launchers were destroyed long ago :P (Good God, this battle has been going for a year :shock:).

Third, the map will be updated later this week, I just don't want to subject myself to MS at the moment. :mrgreen: Also, the roster in the megathread I think is up-to-date as far as who is alive and who ain't, but if anyone spots anything wrong, let me know.

Now, related to that, here is the list of characters whose players either have told me they are leaving, never responded and are assumed to be gone, and are thus going to be NPCs.

AEUG
Kou Uraki (Inferno)
Kite Ishma (Kite_Ishma)
Derrick Sanders (Zeta Superior)

Titans
Alex Weber (The Green Flame)
Marco di Manco (Inferno)
Orsino Gerwulf (Inferno)
Criss Haze (Inferno)

Axis
Brutus "Anavel" Peoron (Inferno)
Jules Parenthal (Scorpius7692)
Astor Grange (Inferno)

Once again, if I forgot somebody, or put somewhere they who shouldn't be there, let me know. Since I'm assuming wonton is in North Korean prison with Cardi, I'm taking control of his characters for the time being. As for the rest, they'll be NPCs. If anyone wants to adopt them, for long term purposes or just to help ease my load (:mrgreen:), let me know in the next two weeks or so and I'll give you any relevant information. In case some of you forgot, years ago we had everyone let us know their plans for their characters so we could plan for this last battle/going forward into Sentinel. In some cases, I'll be doing my best to stick to those, but for people who said they left or whatever, that may not end up being the case.

Which leads me to this lil' notice: When I get to me next series of posts, I'm going to further accelerate some things, which will include some more fighting and some deaths. Those people I listed above may or may not be the first to go, and I'm not going to call hits and kill off characters of people who've been active in the last few months, but things may happen, so consider yourselves warned, I guess. But don't worry, those posts won't be for a few weeks (I'm thinking maybe the weekend of the 19th, or the following week, depending on how thinks shake out).

...I feel like there was other stuff I wanted to say, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment, so I'll let you digest all of that and the posts for now. 8)

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:34 am

mcred23 wrote:I didn't mean to forget about Team 3 attacking the Kalinin or the Buxoro dudes in my previous posts, and while in the case of those guys being attacked or killed it wasn't a big deal (It actually helped :P), I do like to try and respond to everyone and would have worked something up for you guys had someone said something here, via PM, Skype, carrier pigeon, or whatever :lol:. BTW, Tangerine, the Kalinin's missile launchers were destroyed long ago :P (Good God, this battle has been going for a year :shock:).
What? Who did that last year? Didn't they know I don't take my RP notes with me anymore after 2011. :oops:

No biggie. Although I don't know quite sure just how I can mend on how she missed an entirely destroyed section of the ship and still aimed at it. Oh well, I'll think of something.

mcred23 wrote:Now, related to that, here is the list of characters whose players either have told me they are leaving, never responded and are assumed to be gone, and are thus going to be NPCs.

AEUG
Kou Uraki (Inferno)
Kite Ishma (Kite_Ishma)
Derrick Sanders (Zeta Superior)

Titans
Alex Weber (The Green Flame)
Marco di Manco (Inferno)
Orsino Gerwulf (Inferno)
Criss Haze (Inferno)

Axis
Brutus "Anavel" Peoron (Inferno)
Jules Parenthal (Scorpius7692)
Astor Grange (Inferno)
Cough, cough... dead pilot roster.

blind_dead_mcjones

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:41 am

Tangerine wrote: What? Who did that last year? Didn't they know I don't take my RP notes with me anymore after 2011. :oops:

No biggie. Although I don't know quite sure just how I can mend on how she missed an entirely destroyed section of the ship and still aimed at it. Oh well, I'll think of something
blame it on minovsky particles or Cardi
Flag Fighter for life!

The Loser Villain

Post by The Loser Villain » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:55 pm

I should have a post up by Friday. Sorry for the time taken.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick

ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Post by ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:21 am

Working on a post for Robin and Jacob right now.

Also, a random question - has anyone ever thought of making a TV Tropes page for this RPG? For some reason, this seems ripe for troping.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:15 pm

ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty wrote:Also, a random question - has anyone ever thought of making a TV Tropes page for this RPG? For some reason, this seems ripe for troping.
No, mainly because I don't like that place. If I wanted to spend some time on another website doing stuff related to this RPG, I'd update it's wiki. :roll: :P

blind_dead_mcjones

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:30 am

is everyone here still alive? or have they all been taken in for questioning regarding cardi's disappearance?
Flag Fighter for life!

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:51 am

I'm still here, I dunno about the rest. Did someone wanted to make a post in the RPG before Lunar New Year?