TftF Discussion Thread #4

Shop talk for any of the RPGs currently running on the forum.

Moderators: Fritz Ashlyn, Heretic, mcred23, Cardi Doorl, Wedge14

wonton bob
HiMAT Spammer

Re: TftF Discussion Thread #4

Post by wonton bob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:27 pm

Cardi ?! were you the one arrested in North Korea? Honestly, it's been a little over two years so I'm gonna haffta start calling hits!
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:03 am

I'm gonna call hits on your... face? Butt? Mother? Pick whichever offends you the least.

Now all we need to do is coax Fritz from the Skype nether region, and summon Wedge from the depths of Canada and we'll have a full fledged reunion tour (That will end in a crime spree/mass suicide).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

wonton bob
HiMAT Spammer

Post by wonton bob » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:58 pm

Not the face!! How's high school Red? Still having problems growing pubes? So you gonna do a recap/ending to TftF?
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great

Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:41 am

Crosswire40 wrote:I'm still around! Though I'm not sure I'm the one you're looking for.
Hi, youngblood! :) A new face is good, too.
Nu-Lib wrote:Still here, still waiting patiently.
Sorry, man :( I'm glad you're still here, though.
wonton bob wrote:Cardi ?! were you the one arrested in North Korea? Honestly, it's been a little over two years so I'm gonna haffta start calling hits!
You can call hits after 48 hours, so waiting 20,000 hours certainly allows for hit-calling. Glad that the Trinary's fifth man is here though :3

But yeah, I'm still living in Korea for the time being. Have been for the last 2 and a half years. Come visit sometime :D
mcred23 wrote:Now all we need to do is coax Fritz from the Skype nether region, and summon Wedge from the depths of Canada and we'll have a full fledged reunion tour (That will end in a crime spree/mass suicide).
Hasn't Wedge permanently retired from message board RPGs?

In any case, I mostly want to apologize to everyone. I won't bore everyone with the details of my personal life that caused me to disappear for a couple years, and I know my disappearance isn't the sole reason for this RPG grinding to a halt, but it sure as hell didn't help. I'm especially sorry to Red, who ended up shouldering all the responsibility that I abruptly dumped on him. And really to everyone who'd been with us for the long haul, since I disappeared right as we entered the final battle of this years-long project.

Just as much, I want to thank everybody who stuck it through during the lean times. Nothing against anyone who left in the intervening years, though; they owed us nothing.

I saw Red's big effortpost upthread and his partial reveal of our Sentinel plans. I'm surprised he had the restraint not to reveal the other stuff we had in store haha 8)

But more than anything else, I feel like I owe it to help this story come to an actual conclusion rather than trailing off into a wet fart. The Trinary, and everyone who took part in the story, put so much effort into it over a decade. I spent years staying up late, squeezing time between work and classes to work on posts, draft and revise plans for the story and my individual characters, coordinate late-night planning sessions with the rest of the Trinary... And I'm far from the only one to put that kind of effort into this, all for no reward beside the satisfaction of seeing this cooperative storytelling project unfold.

TftF is the culmination of MBRPG experience going back to the early Old Boards (or longer), and such a successful departure from what the usual fare of MBRPGs were at the time that I can't stand to let it trail off unfinished.

That may be hypocritical of me to say right after returning from an unannounced multi-year absence that contributed to hobbling this RPG at the 11th hour, and I know I dropped the ball in that respect, but it's the truth. Looks like you guys have already discussed some way of concluding the RPG over the past year, be it a one-shot summary or some kind of trimmed-down version of the original Trinary plans. I'd certainly like to be part of whatever form that takes.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:43 am

Cardi Doorl wrote:That may be hypocritical of me to say right after returning from an unannounced multi-year absence that contributed to hobbling this RPG at the 11th hour, and I know I dropped the ball in that respect, but it's the truth. Looks like you guys have already discussed some way of concluding the RPG over the past year, be it a one-shot summary or some kind of trimmed-down version of the original Trinary plans. I'd certainly like to be part of whatever form that takes.
Well, as soon as I'm not sick and done slogging through a fifteen page paper on the Lusitania (Meaning, some time in the next week or two), we should probably get to going on that. :wink:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

ChaoticSheep1
AEUG Slapping Boy

Post by ChaoticSheep1 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:03 pm

I wouldn't mind helping that either. I'd hate to see that unfinished. I really want to learn what happens next to Peyden my favourite character.

Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:50 am

mcred23 wrote:
Cardi Doorl wrote:That may be hypocritical of me to say right after returning from an unannounced multi-year absence that contributed to hobbling this RPG at the 11th hour, and I know I dropped the ball in that respect, but it's the truth. Looks like you guys have already discussed some way of concluding the RPG over the past year, be it a one-shot summary or some kind of trimmed-down version of the original Trinary plans. I'd certainly like to be part of whatever form that takes.
Well, as soon as I'm not sick and done slogging through a fifteen page paper on the Lusitania (Meaning, some time in the next week or two), we should probably get to going on that. :wink:
You know where to hit me up when you're ready :mrgreen:
ChaoticSheep1 wrote:I wouldn't mind helping that either. I'd hate to see that unfinished. I really want to learn what happens next to Peyden my favourite character.
Peyden? Is that Pan Heyden or was a new character introduced during my absence? Or am I completely forgetting someone?
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!

ChaoticSheep1
AEUG Slapping Boy

Post by ChaoticSheep1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:26 pm

I call him Peyden for short. But yes him.