Macross One-shots

Your own tale of two mecha.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Macross One-shots

Just some one-shots I scribbled down, inspired by the upcoming game Macross 30.

"I'm trying to remember, whose bright idea was it to fly down into a mysterious tunnel, big enough to have a dogfight in, to find some lost songstresses? 'Cause there's no way this could go wrong."
Isamu Alva Dyson grinned a lopsided grin as deftly maneuvered his beloved YF-19 down the aforementioned tunnel alongside Hikaru Ichijo in his recently souped-up VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, Basara Nekki in his VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, Shin Kudo in an upgraded VF-0A Phoenix, Alto Saotome in his VF-25 Tornado Messiah and Leon Sakaki in his YF-25 Super Prophecy.
"Can it, would you Dyson?" said an annoyed Hikaru over the radio, "We didn't ask you to come."
Isamu was about to fire back a retort when Basara broke in.
"Can you hear that? Someone's singing!"
"I don't hear anything," said Isamu, trying to pick out any songs in the background hiss of the open radio channel.
"Crank the gain up and listen closely" replied Basara, but he needn't have bothered as the music was becoming louder every second. A cold feeling of worry began to grow in Isamu's gut as familiar lyrics became discernable.
"Red and roses... lips and breath..."
"Aw hell, heads up guys, we're about to have company," he said.
"12 o' clock low!" cried Leon, banking his YF-25 to the right as a torrent of gunfire seemed to burst out of the darkness beyond their navigation lights. What looked like a red streak arced up from the darkness, firing as it came, causing the pilots to scatter in all directions.
"What the hell was that?!" snarled Shin, "A Ghost drone?"
"Worse," replied Isamu grimly, eyes narrowing as a ghostly imaged flashed across his monitor, "It's Sharon Apple."
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion