Gundam AGE Savior's Destination

Your own tale of two mecha.
Amion

Gundam AGE Savior's Destination

Here's the prologue and Chapter One

I wish I'd gone back and edited the prologue before posting here, considering it's sub par, but it'll have to do I guess...
Last edited by Amion on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Amion

Re: AGE Prologue

Ah, it feels kinda good to double post. Here it is, Chapter One The Savior, Gundam
Spoiler
Disclaimer: I don’t own Gundam. Bandai does. But I would love to.

Chapter One The Savior, Gundam

Flit Asuno awoke to his alarm’s irritating beeping. Wearily he rose from bed and silenced the thing. Morning on colony Nora was starting out beautifully, but the chirping birds and refreshing light of the artificial sun didn’t faze the teenager as he dressed.
The morning news came on his computer’s screen as it did every morning, the brunet news anchor bubbly and excited as ever, despite the foul report.
Flit bit into a pastry as he watched the screen switch from the studio to the picture of a transport vessel.
“-all hands died during the attack,” the anchor said, “authorities verify the UE were responsible for the strike on the Uzalt trade route. Despite the unpredictability of UE strikes, Earth Federation officials at FTC highly suggest all spacecraft, particularly civilian transports, cancel all voyages to the Minsry and Uzalt region until next week.”
“Federation military forces state they do have warships patrolling the area to search for signs of UE activity.. Reports indicate high unrest at the military’s lack of ability to stop the UE. Techno Solon, the owners of the transport, expressed their grief for the loss in a press conference this morning, and charges the military to step-up their patrols on all routes.”
“In other news Techno Solon stock has doubled last week ever since-
-Flit Asuno, you’re going to be late for school!” screamed a female voice outside Flit’s small apartment. Flit threw on his favorite yellow jacket and rushed to the door, which opened to reveal his glaring blond friend, Emily Amonde.
A vindictive finger stabbed at his chest. “Don’t tell me you’re wearing that jacket again. Don’t you have anything better to wear?”
“No, yellow jackets are all I have,” Flit said, swallowing the last of his pastry.
“You’re eyes are red,” Emily said, her voice softening, “Were you up late working on your inventions again?”
“Flit was making Haro a pink mini-haro,” a green ball said in a cute, computerized voice. Haro rolled over beside Emily, eyes flashing. “Pedo-alert is rising.”
“Shut up!” Emily and Flit kicked the green orb across the hallway.
“AHHHhhh, Haro. Haro. Harrro.” Haro screamed, as it flew down the hall.
“Today’s test day for the Gundam,” Flit said, continuing the conversation. “I have to work out the last bugs for the OS.”
“Well, what about your schoolwork? It’s PSAT day at school. You need to study, or at least help me study. I’m not a genius like you, Flit.”
“Well you can just copy my answers like you always do,” Flit said, grinning as he rushed past.
“Arrg, I DON’T cheat,” she screamed back, running after him.
“Yes you do, Emily, yes you do,” Haro taunted bouncing just out of Emily and Flit’s kicking range. “Haro.”
Flit outran Emily easily, like he did every week as she chased him from his apartment. They were in the Military base, Aliston, where Flit’s apartment was, and ran by the gigantic HQ tower built into one of the spokes connecting the colony walls to the long tubular core at its center.
An attractive man wearing a pair of running pants and a sleeveless top waved as they ran passed. “Hey Flit, Emily. You’ll be late again if you don’t hurry.”
“Thank you, Largan,” Flit called back.
“I-I think he’s a nice guy,” Emily said, panting up beside him with effort, “But why does he wear those stupid combat glasses all the time. It’s weird! How does he see?”
Flit turned to reply, but stopped when he saw a military car by the HQ’s front steps. He waved to the two people stepping off.
“Mr. Bruzar, Lieutenant Alloy,” called Flit, skidding to a stop. Emily halted behind him just in time to prevent a collision.
“I just completed the finishing touches on the Gundam’s OS,” Flit said, fists clinched enthusiastically.
“Good. Good,” Bruzar said, clapping his hands with a proud smile.
The old man stood tall even after sixty-eight years of military service. His wizened face, with its white beard and grey-white hair reminded Flit of pictures of his grandfather in the mansion at Orvan. Flit always thought he was like a father figure, and Flit owed him his life, and the project to create the Gundam, all to him.
“Commander,” Lieutenant Milias Alloy said, “Flit has to get to school, the principle has already complained we detain him. Besides, we have a schedule to keep.” She turned to Emily with a smile. “Take care of him now. Go on you two.”
“Right,” Flit and Emily said, running on ahead with a wave goodbye.
Bruzar and Milias turned to go, but stopped as a green sphere bounced up in front of them. “Pant. Haro is dizzy from rolling.”
“Hello, Haro,” Milias said with a sigh. “I thought we told Flit to destroy this thing.”
“Ms. Alloy,” Haro said cutely yet angrily, flapping its pair of ears furiously. “Are magnets attracted to you?”
“No. Why pray tell?”
“Because they’re the only things that would be attracted to you,” Haro snapped, rolling away expertly from Milias’ kick. “Haro will follow Flit now,” Haro said, rolling by.
“Goodbye Haro,” Bruzar said. “Take good care of Flit.”
“Haro. Haro. I will obey, my master,” Haro said, hopping down the steps.
Meanwhile, Flit and Emily rounded a building, nearly getting flattened as a yellow robot on treads rushed by. The pilot’s eyes went wide and put on the brakes just in time to save their lives.
A huge white hand attached to the machine’s right side came down with a crash that shook the pavement. Flit and Emily opened their eyes and sighed with relief.
“This is why the bus isn’t allowed on the base,” Flit said. “Too many over-aged pilots in worker suits speeding around corners.”
“Who’s over-aged?” snapped the pilot, poking a plump face framed with a grey beard out the window of the worker suit. The man fiddled with his red, large square glasses. “Why, if it isn’t Emily and Flit. What have I told you two about running, it’s dangerous.”
“We’ll be late if we don’t Grandpa,” Emily complained.
“Vargas,” screamed Flit in sudden rage, noticing the white arm on the machine. “What are you doing with the Gundam’s arm?”
“I’m testing it,” grinned the old man with a smile. The arm rose and went into a bicep pose. “It works like a charm. The mobility was far superior to my first predictions.”
Everyone stopped to watch as a green blur sped past with a scream of joy.
Flit shrugged at Haro and turned to regard Vargas. “Don’t even touch the Gundam unless you ask me first,” Flit said, pumping his fist in the air. “I mean it Vargas. It’s irresponsible.”
“Enough,” Emily said. “Grandpa, can you give us a lift? We need to catch up to Haro before he cannonballs through someone.”
“Sure thing,” Vargas said. The white arm suddenly detached from the machine, slamming to the ground and nearly throwing Emily and Flit off their feet. The rear door of the worker suit opened up with a hiss. “Come on aboard.”
“Vargas!” shouted Flit.
“What? The arm’s armor can easily withstand a few feet of impact. They tested it just today in the labs. Strongest alloy we’ve produced yet. That AGE device your mom gave you was full of great Mobile Suit Smith secrets.”
Flit and Emily clambered into the back seat of the cockpit. “You know, talking about advanced technology with a civilian like Emily breaks security regulation Number 12,” Flit said to Vargas, ignoring the girl’s angry stare.
“She’s my granddaughter,” Vargas snapped. “You know they gave her mild security clearance. Besides, the Gundam is Asuno family property, not the military’s. So secrecy is secondary.”
“It’s my property,” Flit grumbled with a scowl, looking away. “There is no Asuno family.”
The rest of the drive went by in silence.
Nora Public Education Academy

“Today, we will be discussing the wonderful world of Algorithms,” the professor said with joy no one in the class felt. “But first,” the professor frowned at Flit Asuno as he worked feverishly at his desk, sketching out something incredibly complex on a piece of notebook paper.
Emily reached over and tapped Flit on the shoulder, but saw he was totally immersed in the sketch of what she assumed was the Gundam and its mechanical viscera.
“Flit, please leave your…research…for later,” The professor said. “You are disturbing the class. And I find it hard to believe you have already surpassed collage level mathematics. This class will benefit you in at least some small way I think. If you keep skipping class and refuse to pay attention when you come, then your grades will fall.”
Flit glanced up. “Not only have I a mastery of simple formulae like the algorithms you created, but I put astrophysics and engineering calculations to use daily. Along with MS engineering, which is beyond any of the aforementioned in terms of complex mathematical equations. Would you like to see the Gundam schematic I’m working on?”
“And on that note,” the professor drawled, “let us move on.”
As the teenagers began going over their work, the teacher sat down and motioned Haro over.
“Do you have, um, that picture I wanted, Haro?”
“Haro, yes. Emily lets me follow her everywhere. E-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e,” the robot stuttered adorably.
“Haro, I need you,” Emily snapped. The robot hopped off the desk and rolled over to Emily.
“Begin,” said the spectacled teacher.
Everyone looked down at the test in front of them and dutifully began writing. Haro sat on the teacher’s desk, safely away from Emily, who usually used Haro’s inboard computer for research and as a calculator.
Why do they even allow that cross-wired thing in the school, Emily asked herself. Haro is useful, but ever since Flit tried to upgrade his personality he’s been nothing but trouble.
“Professor,” Haro said, eyes flashing slowly. “I have downloaded the latest episode of that show you wanted. I had to bypass the channel feed blocker Bruzar installed to prevent Channel 69 from coming in, but the show was taped and is ready for viewing.”
“Good,” the professor said. She swiveled in her chair to face Haro as the green ball’s mouth opened up to reveal a small computer screen and keyboard.
I should’ve figured it would be something like that, Emily swore, putting her hand to her forehead.
Colony Nora, Aliston Base Control Center.
“I recognize his genius,” Milias insisted, straightening the collar to her uniform. “But shouldn’t he commit his full time to working on the AGE-1?”
“Now, now, Milias” Bruzar said, moving over to his second-in-command, Grodek Ainoa, who stood by the main console, the blue screen reflecting up against his dark combat glasses. “Grodek, what do we have to entertain us today? Any new asteroids to blast away from the colony?”
“No Sir. But do not assume you will not be busy. I am beginning a diagnostics check on all computer systems, have scheduled an evacuation drill for the base, and all procedure documents for the docking of the new warship need your approval.”
Bruzar frowned and started scanning the terminal, pressing a few icons to bring up the digital documents, “Nice to know you keep me working,” he said, using his finger to write out his name in flowing letters. “Signed. There. Now Captain Fonroid can dock. That new warship, Diva was it?”
“Yes sir,” Milias said. “I hear Fonroid is a tactical genius.”
“Is that right?” Muttered Bruzar absently, tapping away at the terminal.
Grodek frowned over at Milais. “But not a particularly scrupulous man when it comes to civilian safety. He is a man who thinks in broad terms,” Grodek elaborated, seeing Milais’ furrowed brow.
“I wouldn’t put stock in rumors, Commander,” Milais chided cautiously. “Fonroid is a representative of the Command Headquarters and part of the special forces. We must show respect.”
“She’s got a point, Grodek,” Adams Tinel said from his console. “Fonroid is a respected member, and the only man who has successfully driven off the UE during an attack.”
“The transport ship was ruined,” Grodek replied without apparent emotion. “His victory was piecemeal considering his mission was to defend the passengers. But I’ll handle him with respect, I know my place, Ensign Adams.”
Adams nodded. “I apologize.”
“No need,” Grodek said. “Your caution was duly needed. I don’t want to get Bruzar in trouble.”
“Oh, I could spit Command HQ in the face and they couldn’t hurt me. My roots here are too deep, and I have Flit’s new toy to work with.”
“Diva is docking,” the communications officer reported.
“Captain Fonroid is requesting permission to speak with you, Commander Bruzar.”
“Good,” Bruzar said, stroking his beard, “But him onscreen.”
A monitor rose from the space in front of the central terminal and snapped on an image of the Diva’s bridge, with a dark skinned man wearing the yellow uniform of the special forces, sitting impressively in the captain’s chair.
“Base Commander Bruzar,” Fonroid said in a deep voice. “Pleased to finally see your wise old face.”
“Same to you,” Bruzar said cheerily. “Although you have more wrinkles than wisdom.”
“Hm. The AGE project is coming along smoothly I assume, Base Commander? If so, please send over the AGE device immediately. Command HQ wants it tested in their own labs before mass production and we are on a tight schedule.”
“Yes.” Bruzar looked over at Grodek, pushing silver-grey locks of hair away from his eye. “Grodek?”
“I already issued the AGE to you, Captain,” Grodek said, looking up from the monitor. It should be waiting for you there.”
“Fonroid glanced down at something on his chair’s console. “The egg-shaped capsule?”
“Yes, that’s it. We apologize, but the designer insisted the machine look exactly like the plans found in the data holder.”
“I’ll be looking forward to seeing this prodigy of the Asuno line later,” Fonroid said, dipping his hat in a slight salute. “I will arrive at the base shortly. I hope the Gundam is ready for testing.”
“It is ready to perform the movement tests as soon as you arrive,” Bruzar attested.
“It had better be. A lot is riding on this, my reputation include. Command doesn’t normally fund fourteen yearolds to construct advanced weapons costing millions of credits. Diva out.”
The screen went dark, and retracted into the panel, which slid shut noiselessly.
“And now we show him the Gundam and somehow explain that this marvel of technology doesn’t violate global laws banning weapons research. And if we do, why he can’t take it away, because Flit Asuno legally owns it.” Bruzar said, rubbing his temples.
“Here’s some aspirin, I thought you might need it,” Grodek said, handing it to Bruzar.
“It’s half empty,” Bruzar replied, confused.
“I took some already,” Grodek confessed. “This is going to be a long day.”
Flit sighed and put down his pencil, he felt something strange. The feeling started as he watched the morning newscast. The UE always seemed to make sure that there were no survivors to their attacks. This was the norm; at least it had been for some time. Because of that, news anchors could move on from serious topics like UE terror strikes to the rising and falling of the stock market.
Stock market. Some time.
Flit suddenly started writing furiously. To hell with the crazy tests asking him ambiguous moral questions, something in his mind began to gather all the bits of newscasts he watched over the years. All the reports and knowledge his religious study of the UE could provide. As he did, a cold sweat began to form.
Flit was not exaggerating when he said that higher math was a trivial matter for him. He had grown up beating the equations to construct the Gundam into his head, while patient engineers like Vargas tutored him as they slowly built the AGE-1 prototype from a dream to reality.
As he worked though, he began to realize there was a pattern to it all.
The UE weren’t making indiscriminant attacks. Flit now realized he had stumbled upon the reason on when and how they magically avoided all the heavy Federation patrols guarding the colonies and trade routes with unbelievable dumb luck.
They weren’t. The UE were using a highly complex equation that formulated a very accurate prediction, much like how mathematicians calculated stock changes, of where and how the Federation moved their patrols. Which tiny spot would be left unguarded in relation to the orbiting colonies and floating space debris. How the Federation would react when a ship was destroyed or a colony blasted from the heavens.
Which colonies would most likely not be suspected as targets.
With this, we can catch them. The bell rang; time for the next class, but Flit wasn’t interested in school anymore.
Flit took the thing and read over it absently. I got a 58 in reading, 20 in math, 30 in, oh right, the answer to where the UE will move next, He laid the paper aside and began the finishing touches on the calculations. As he did, a growing fear was gathering in the pit of his stomach. The next attack would be Nora.
“Flit, please, your test scores are dropping.” the teacher said.
“I’m a genius and I don’t care what that stupid piece of paper says.”
“Stop scribbling. What’s that there anyway, some new design? Is it an upgrade for Haro’s new widescreen function?” She asked excitedly.
“No.” Flit began stashing his schoolbooks away in his backpack. Bruzar had to see this. Grodek would agree with him, he was good with strategy, so was Adams.
“A mass production for Haro? You know I would love to buy one. All the teachers would. The school even asked to purchase the design. You should think more about your financial future, Flit. You can’t keep living off of Mr. Bruzar’s goodwill forever you know. And your fortune won’t last with it all invested in your Mobile Suit’s development.”
“I’m sorry I have to get to base, it’s urgent.”
“Whoa there,” she grabbed him by the shoulder. “What’s wrong? Are you worried about the attack on the Techno Solon craft?”
“Yes. We may have them at our doorstep without us even suspecting. Oh, and the warship was supposed to dock today.”
“Oh come on,” someone in the class groaned. “Here he goes again, paranoid as usual.”
“Remember when he ran screaming like a baby when the asteroid struck the colony,” someone snickered.
“Yeah, he started wailing about Colony Buster missiles. Idiot, that only happens to colonies without military personnel. Poor traumatized victim.”
“Flit, you are a bit paranoid,” Dique, Flit’s chubby friend, said, putting a hand out to calm him down. “Just breathe.”
“No,” Flit yelled. “I figured it all out. I have to go. I’ll be back later.”
Flit took his pack and charged out of the room, the other kids laughing and joking. Concerned, Emily jumped up and ran after him.
My classmates at Orvan can’t laugh even if they wanted to. If the UE get here unchecked, these won’t be laughing ever again either.
Flit ran as fast as he could, headless of Haro and Emily calling after him. He took the tram running along the balcony overlooking the giant glass wall panels that glowed with artificial clouds and false sunlight. At night, they would close the hologram to reveal the stars beyond.
As he sat impatiently on the tram, he didn’t notice the girl sitting in the chair two rows ahead of him.
The girl didn’t notice him either, she just stared out at the false sky, shivering. Something’s coming for us. Yurin L'Ciel hugged herself as she felt the evil beyond the deceptively benevolent sky.
The sun shown upon the colony Nora, it’s three solar panels idly turning, absorbing the sun to power the colony. Suddenly, three shapes with wings like dragons soured out of the ball of fire and roared toward Nora.
Amion

Aaaaaaaand Chapter Two is now linked *Munches on a chocolate bar for emphasis*
Last edited by Amion on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MechLife

I like this! Is your other fic still up? Even if it is abandoned I will read it lol
Amion

So posting links to a blog isn't going to work. Great. So I'll just start posting links to Fanfiction.net here instead. how droll... :roll:

And apologies to Arbiter, who's probably going to pull his hair out and scream when he sees this fanfiction polluting the section. :)

And now, onto Chapter Three

Feedback would be great, especially some constructive criticism if anyone would like to dish it out.
Amion

Re: Gundam AGE Savior's Destination

I now resurrect this thread under a new name with new content....Bwaaaaa.

Behold, the thread's bumped!

Chapter Four
Amion

Amion

Amion

And last but certainly not least....chapter Seven through....Thirteen. Gee, I should have done this earlier...

Chapter Seven,Chapter Eight,Chapter Nine,Chapter Ten,Chapter Eleven,Chapter Twelve,Chapter Thirteen
Amion

Chapter Fourteen

And this concludes the assault on Ambat. Man, this chapter was the hardest to write for some reason.
Last edited by Amion on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amion

Aaaaaand here we are, finally past Ambat and beginning the long leg of original content until Asemu's arc. Chapter Fifteen is up.

Soooo, anyone interested in giving any comments? Anyone?
Amion

Chapter Sixteen is up......................?

*Stomps on top of a cricket with my foot* Alright guys, it's ok, you can come out and make a comment. I don't bite. It's no use hiding, I know you're out there, I can see the traffic counts.
Amion

And a link to my deviantart account displaying my mediocre designs for this fanfic, technical stats for the MS is pending. I've got this in the multimedia section, but I haven't updated it.

Gundam AGE mecha
Amion

Amion

Chapter 18 is up.
Amion

Dramatis Personae Gasp, that link was a monster for some reason. Disregard that.

Fear no more about keeping track of my OC's, everyone's there, at least everyone I didn't off.
Amion

Chapter 19 is up.

And so begins the Mars arc.
Amion

Amion

Chapter 21 is up.
Amion

Chapter 22

My, I didn't edit this chapter like I wanted to.