Gundam Seed: Destiny (Altered)

Your own tale of two mecha.
Dark Duel

Re: Gundam Seed: Destiny (Altered)

Chapter 23 is up.
This is the first of two chapters that act as set up for the next story arc, beginning with Chapter 25 and followed by Operation: Ragnarok(The attack on Heaven's Base) in Chapter 26.

Enjoy.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

No new chapter yet, but I've been working on bringing my wiki up to date, with new profiles up for the most major Alliance cast:
Lukas O'Donnell, who takes on the role that in the series was filled by Neo Roanoke.
Stella, my personal favorite and the most central of the Alliance cast to the second half of the story, and Auel, whose role is basically unchanged from canon.
Sven Cal Bayan, Mudie Holcroft, and Natarle Badgiruel, who've played relatively minor roles so far, but who will be appearing again in a more significant way in the near future.
Also added an article for the Alliance attack submarine, which will be a critical part of the attack strategy of Operation Ragnarok.

Still remaining to be done are articles for the major Orb/Clyne Faction characters, which I will attempt to complete over the next few weeks. A new chapter should be up by the end of the month.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

Cool, looking forward to the next chapter.
Dark Duel

Character profiles are now up for all characters. Additionally, new mech profiles are up for the YMF-3000 DOM Trooper and ZGMF-YX29R Knight Saviour Gundam, both of which are scheduled to make their first appearance in the next chapter along with the ZGMF-X42R Destiny Gundam. Said chapter equates roughly to Ep35, and should be up this weekend.

Amion

I liked the green DOM Troopers, not much to say on their weapons, as expected.

Oh but how I love the Knight Savior. So it has a helmet/cowl thing that those Zaft arial units have? (Don't remember their names). Very awesome idea, I never would have thought to do that.

As I've said before, that version of the Destiny is awesome, simply excellent. I do have one gripe though: the front skirt armor looks better for the Destiny to me, just a personal opinion, I remember you said you didn't care for it or somesuch. The blue coloring and weapons from the Impulse Destiny make up for this, mostly. Still, it jumps out at kinda...plain. Or perhaps you were going for sleek?

Ahem, I have a minor request of you. Would you give me a rough technobabble of how the lightwave thrusters work? I'll be frank I know very little about science, especially fictional stuff. I've been struggling to come up with how to explain the Vagan suit's magical, unexplained light producing thrusters. Perhaps an explanation on lightwave tech would give me some inspiration?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Dark Duel

1. I was going for something that was sleek and whose design hearkened back to the design of the waist armor on the Impulse, so that's what I went with on the Destiny's waist.

2. The DOM Troopers, as before, are inspired primarily by the MS-09 Dom, though the idea to give them a polearm (the Falx long beam axe carried over from the ZAKU) came from the Dreissen, and I changed the Screaming Nimbus into an actual beam cannon (I made it a weapon sufficiently powerful to damage a mobile suit, like the Pezun Dwadge's cannon, as opposed to the Dom's useless SBG.

3. As for the WoL, I don't really have much in the way of technobabble for you, though I suppose I could poke around and try to figure something out.
Anyway, I did a mecha profile for one new mobile suit, the CAT1-XG Hyperion-G

Aaand,

PHASE 24: A NEW SWORD
Chapter's up.

Amion

I'll be checking up on the episode as soon as I can.

Ok, that's fine about Lightwaves. I guess I panic too much when writing my fanfic because I just don't plain read any si-fi at all, so I don't much of a library for technobabble.

The only thing I have to complain about is that I did like Infinite Justice, it's leg blades were cool.*Slaps head while writing* Oh but wait! Shinn has them now. 8) Nevermind.
Dark Duel

Well, if you read the profile of the Destiny Gundam, you will now note that there is some technobabble I added to explain - at least for my universe - how the VL works. The Knight Saviour's has also been similarly updated. I didn't come up with this, but I asked for help here and in a couple of other places.

Anyway. Another month, another chapter.
In Phase 25: Reunion, the Minerva is ordered to participate in an attack on Heaven's Base, together with a massive fleet of Alliance ships. And on the eve of battle, two are reunited, to be parted nevermore.

This one chapter, which brings us to approximately episode 38, is basically - other than the No-Holds-Barred-Beatdown a couple of chapters ago - what I have been building towards since Chapter 15. This one chapter contains the single biggest reason why I embarked on this project almost seven years ago, and why I finally started writing it last year.
That having been said, please read it, and by all means review.

Amion

Saw the spoilers, Stella is radiant in that Zaft uniform. I'll read it after I slog through some chapters of my own I'm trying to edit. don't give up! Now that you've reached the 'biggest reason' it may get more difficult to be motivated from now on, at least per my personal experience, and that would be a shame.
Dark Duel

It certainly would, but fear not!
For PHASE 26 IS HERE!!!!

This takes us through Operation Ragnarok, the attack on and capture of Heaven's Base, which is a lot like what happens in the series, but also a lot different.
Of note:
- Combat début of the ZGMF-YX29R Knight Saviour Gundam and ZGMF-X42R Destiny Gundam (revealed last chapter)
- First simultaneous combat deployment of both Impulse Gundam Units 1 and 2, with new pilots.
- Only one Destroy; Though I do have a couple of Zamza-Zahs and Gells-Ghes show up, as well as the new mass-produced Euclid.

Enjoy!

yazi88

Good stuff, finally the combat debut of the Destiny, although Saviour I don't really care for but still.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Dark Duel

Glad to hear that.
Oh, on another note I got bored and put this together last night

Darkerangel

Dark Duel wrote:Glad to hear that.
Oh, on another note I got bored and put this together last night

Ooo Duel, how you do that wikia thingy? I wanna try.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Dark Duel

The wiki? I started the site, and I slowly, over a couple of months, put together and uploaded each individual page, one by one. Probably 15-20 hours' worth of work has gone into it so far.
The Tropes page took me about 3 hours.

On another note, New Chapter.
Haven't updated twice in the same month in a while, but here it is. This is mostly a set up chapter, transitioning from the Heaven's Base battle to the next major event, which as in the series is the Battle of Orb - again, some elements will be preserved from the series, and a fair few will be changed quite significantly, for obvious reasons.
This chapter also begins to set up certain events that will lead on to the final arc.
Anyway, here it is.

Sorry if the title sucks, by the way. I couldn't think of anything better.

Dark Duel

Another month, another chapter.
This brings us to Operation Fury, the attack on Orb - which will actually take place next chapter, but this chapter essentially leads up to it, and is an addition that I wanted to make mainly because when the idea occurred to me, it seemed so totally in-character for Athrun, and with some help from a friend (you know who you are), it happened.

Hope y'all enjoy this.

Dark Duel

No new chapter yet, but been doing some catch-up/prep work on the wiki.
Put up a new page for the Euclid, the Akatsuki, which will be appearing next chapter, and a new mobile armor that won't be appearing until a few chapters later, but here it is, anyway.

Dark Duel

Well, this is the quickest update to this story in a long time, but here is CHAPTER 29, which brings us to the conclusion of Operation Fury.

Arbiter GUNDAM

So you went and crippled Kira, eh? I assume no Strike Freedom for him?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

No. I have reused one or two minor aesthetic elements of the Strike Freedom on the Destiny(Originally, the entire torso was reused, but I eliminated that idea for logistical reasons) and, if you look very closely, the Knight Saviour. And I plan to reuse some other bits and pieces for one last new machine during the final space arc of the series.
But no Strike Freedom for Kira, just like no Infinite Justice for Athrun.

Dark Duel

CHAPTER 30 POSTED
This brings us right up to the point of episodes 43-44 or so. We're getting close to the end here, folks!
Also, we see the return of a familiar face, with a new machine to boot.
See the wiki for more details. After you read the chapter, of course.