Illsteir's SketchUp Works

The place to share your artwork.
T.V.

Well, giving credit when there's credit due is sometimes 'forgotten' sadly, but that's just how it goes when people want to seem better than they are.
There's no infringment-free method other than not making your works freely available, so you just have to deal with it as annoying as that may be.

Anyway, congrats on winning the 1st place and I hope the CAD training was a success.
Turinu

Well, you could always go behind his back and report him directly to Deviant Art, and get him banned. Just show him your work and his work side-by-side. It doesn't really matter if he's giving you credit, as it's obviously he's used several other works off of 3D Warehouse as well.

I mean, he's specifically stating that he made it himself, but we can see and tell that's not true. One of Deviant Art's mods should be able to tell as well, and set him in his place no matter how much bickering this kid does. The kid's giving credit, but not where that credit is due. He needs to burn for causing such sacrilege against Illsteir!
Troopermanaic

illsteir im not here to give anybody a heart attack being the outcome is this but when I see something that is stolen I have a tendency to alert the person who made it and that not only you though lately there has been a wave of people taking your models lately. Sorry that this happened but I believe that he is just trying to gain rep from your model and thats wrong especially the fact that you are the one who made it. I wanna say to start making a little custom touches to your models but that can probably easily removed in sketchup.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Well, illsteir, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what that guy means since his English isn't so good. It looks like he kinda did a half-assed job of putting your name as credit, but still claims the model as his. But the telltale sign is that he hid all of your comments. Honest people shouldn't have anything to hide, even if it does make them look bad. If he didn't openly defend himself in a public manner, then you know what that means.

I think it's best if you don't act out of anger. You'll pretty much regret it as soon as you do. It's best to handle things in a calm and graceful manner. You don't want to come across as some angry fool to those people, right? I think Shori's suggestion will actually work the best. Let dA handle it. That way you won't have to dirty your own hands.

I think it's very admirable of you to share your models on warehouse. You're willing to help others learn, even if it means you're making yourself vulnerable. I think it takes a good person to be willing to give and sacrifice a bit of himself for the better good. That's exactly why you need to be given credit. But if people decide to be dirty and cheat off of you, it's likely best to just not think about it too much. At least you know that you're skilled enough to be envied.

Otherwise, if you find the amount of injustice here too great, I recommend that you wait and bide your time. =)
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
ydawg314

Yikes.... Reminds me that I have to be careful about what I do with my game....
Wave

Wow, your 3-D models are amazing @__@

They look like they could be used for a Gundam-Cel Shade game :D awesome!

And yeah... art thieves suck :( I hope they get what's coming to them.
------------------------------------------------------
Art stuffs: suzuran.deviantart.com
illsteir

And i quote a famous alien being: VICTOREEEEEE!!!
This is an automated message concerning a deviation which you previously reported, entitled RX78 Gundam 3D. A member of staff has reviewed your report and the deviation has been removed.

Additionally, the following comment was provided:

Closed after deviation deletion.

Thank you for your report.

-- deviantART Staff
Turinu

Y'know, he has another one in his gallery that is "RX78 in the Sunset" or something like that. XD
illsteir

Oh, BRB reporting XD
illsteir

Resumed WIP: Plan 1051 Belial
Front
Back
Well It's actually a new model. The old one had a lot of issues so I just started from scratch again.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Good work, illsteir! The geometry on this one is very beautiful. ^_^ If this were me, I would just call this the finished product, haha.

EDIT: Oh snaps, I leveled up. Too bad I hate politics....
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Turinu

So many people will be happy to see you've started up on the Belial again, including me. :D
Troopermanaic

man so many good things going on at once, good to see you back illsteir felt kinda lonely around here without ya
illsteir

Thanks for the nice feedback guys :D
@Shori: You gotta thank Emily Rose for that :lol:
A little update
Front
Back
illsteir

Attached the Rear wing binders, changed the color scheme similar to lineart from the scan:
Front
Back
OddlucK

Looking good, man! :D
Sume Gai

this is looking really nice (like everything you do) I like how it feels very Insect like. Particularly the wings/binders on the back and it's Skinny frame.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
illsteir

Re: Illsteir's SketchUp Works(Latest Addition: RX-78-2 Gundam)

Update time
Most of you might have heard about the news of a possible Hollywood adaptation of FMP starring Zac Effron. What your reaction to it?
I believe this is AL's:
I'll never let that f** pilot me! Neeeevaaaah!!! Oh can someone pull the trigger? I can't reach it. Thanks!
illsteir

Daeg Hagal II Test render using HyperShot
Oh wow, this new rendering software that Trooper recommended to me is f*ing beast! You can make turntable renders with this too!
BTW, how can you paste an image over a background using Alpha?
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7134 ... lalpha.jpg
Turinu

Uaaahhh... Rendered Daeg Hagal II is one sexy beast! :D

Also, sorry for not commenting on the Belial earlier. It's turning out really intimidating. I'm so far from reaching that level of detail and precision in my works. D: