Seraphic's Section - digital art livestreams

The place to share your artwork.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: Seraphic's Section - 10,000 Views?! 5.6.09

crashlegacy14 wrote:the fold on her right shoulder is actually depremental, as it makes the arm look incorrectly jointed to her body, the neck seems a bit off and the arms, particullary her right upper arm seems just a tad short. you probably should have used a reference for that arm as the elbow region looks a big odd. her neck, and I noticed this in the previosu drawing, looks off, I think you're adding the detail lines of the neck a bit off base, they ussualy eextend from the dip where the two collar bones meet so the lines shouk coverge a bit higher up on the character's body. obviosuly you need work on your cloth folds, particuaraly where many bunch together (armpit)

Random Tutorial links
General Tutorials
http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/howtodraw ... orial.html
http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/index.htm

Hair Tutorials
http://sai-manga-tuts.deviantart.com/ar ... -1-7979106
http://crysa.deviantart.com/art/Drawing ... s-34535785
Four pages, wcch! =o

Crash doesn't pull any punches. =p You have a good eye for spotting trouble. I'll try to fix these things and rescan it, but that might be a few days from now. I haven't looked through all of them, but thank you very much for those links. I'm sure everyone can make good use of them now that they're in circulation here. I've never even heard of the 'dot method'. Looks interesting. But if you knew I was in trouble, why didn't you find these earlier? Hahaha. =p

Thanks again for your help, Crash. =)

As for this other topic of discussion, I think you guys are underestimating my thought process a little. These designs are for a 40+ chapter story I'm writing. (Currently only finished 4. +,+; See link in sig.) When I'm drawing them, I definitely do put a lot of thought into their respective pilots. And not only that, but the exact choreography each mobile suit will have in their respective fight scenes is a direct inspiration for their design. But still, this is only something I know. It explains why I'm so excited when I finish a design, but most viewers only think "Meh." I'm guessing this is the same thing that happens for a lot of the frankeners here, too. I should probably pause from drawing for a bit and start working on this story more, huh?

Edit: Oh, I forgot that I always need to add something interesting with each post. Uh...let's try a blooper from one of my favorite movies....
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

or give us a bit more to go on with each mecha.

and yeah I tend to be random like that when it comes to remebering to do things like post links or such.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Seraphic

Hello, gentlemen. Reviving my thread from page 3. So, another year, another birthday post. I'm low on time and wakefulness today, so I'll just make it short.

Contemplation of the Exile

Setsuko and Young Marusawa
Setsuko and Young Marusawa 2
Srs bidness

These are some quick and dirty sketches for The Three Swords, Book 3: The Wind. (Link to Lost Citadel to read it in my sig.) "Contemplation" is a preview of chapter 2, and the fellow's name is Kaze. Setsuko and Master Marusawa are his adoptive parents, but these drawings are from before they were married. Marusawa uses shortswords/kodachi, and that's a naginata in Setsuko's hands, of course.

I've been working on a few big mecha projects (being a series of several pictures) but I don't want to post them until I finish the entire set. Looks pretty damn good though. I'm rather happy with them. Anyway, I'll be working as hard as I can before the summer ends.

By the way, never use PS Elements for any of your things. It's crap. I just replaced it with CS4.... >_>;

Review and comment as you please, good sirs, and make good use of the rest of summer. I'll be going through with my usual comments for everyone soon.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Geoxile

The exile's right hand looks out of proportion, it's pretty long, you should shorten in a little to try and get better proportions.
crashlegacy14

his hand's out of propotion? I didn't notice and still can't tell. given that all the chacter are drabed in out fits I don't normally use I can't really make any comments on them. how ever universally the characters hair look rather stiff.

I'm waiting with baited breath for those mecha images you're promising.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

Good evening, gentlemen. I think that hand should be fine. If you use your own body as measurement, your palm is about half the length of your forearm or less. His sleeves kinda throw off exactly where you might think everything is. >_> And sorry for all the issues in the pictures, Crash. These are the first attempts I've made at drawing these characters. It might be a year or more before everything's all smoothed out. =/ I have a crapload of supplementary material and discussion for that set of pictures, but it'll have to wait.

Anyway, I don't normally do this (and I'm kinda annoyed that I'm spoiling the surprise) but I need some help with something. You see, I normally don't think in color (just black and white lineart, haha) so I'm extremely indecisive when it comes to color schemes. I've made some test color schemes for one of the two mecha projects I was talking about earlier, and I need some input. I will show you 10 variants that I made just now, and say which one you like, or say if you have another suggestion you think could be useful. Keep in mind, I have not yet added shading or effects.

Celestial Gundam, default, (champion white)
Alternate 1
Alternate 2
Alternate 3
Alternate 4
Alternate 4.1
Alternate 4.2
Alternate 5
Alternate 6
Alternate 7

I know he looks mean, like all of my other MS do, but the pilot's supposed to be a pretty nice guy. He actually earns the nickname "Saint Saber" on the battlefield, and this MS is called Celestial Gundam. I know some of the darker ones can be really nice, but they're not thematically correct. (Holy shit, #3 is so cool....) I'm voting for either the standard (my favorite sort of color scheme that fits on any MS) or Alternate 6. Of course, none of these are final.

Thanks again for any suggestions. =o
-Antares

Geoxile

Yea but the angle's pretty steep, it looks like the arms are pretty much the exact same length.
crashlegacy14

I vote for alt 6 with the dark blue accents switched whith the standard's yellow accents. ever thought of having the enegery saber color match thrust and camera color? you know since the unit isn't likely using procured weaponry.

and I must say while I do like the design, and am enejoying the detail you put into it, I'm not really digging the saber weapon. on a drawing note, I think the limbs on the left of the MS are longer then the right ones.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
ShadowCell

Yeah, I think the Gundam's right leg and right arm need to be longer.

Anyways, the color scheme I suppose depends on how you want the pilot to be portrayed. If he's a nice guy who wants to be seen as a nice guy, go with the first color scheme; if he's a nice guy who wants people to crap themselves in terror at the mere sight of his shadow, then go with one of the darker color schemes; if he's a show-off, go for something attention-catching like the red color schemes.
ScornMandark

I personally like Alt 4.1 a lot. The purple against the red is almost a subtle accenting, but gives it a nice...I don't know, depth isn't the right word but something really appealing. #6 is a very nice "good-guy" scheme, but I really like 4.1 for the distinctive character of the colors.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Amadi Akintunde

Alt 4.1 and 4.2 are basically 'hey I'm over here' color schemes against any backdrop. To be honest, I think that his color scheme should depend on where he is stationed. But if I would have to choose one, it'd be a cross between Alternate 2 and Alternate 3.

But I must say, I DO love it's design. The 4 bladed beam saber ruins it for me, though. D:

Where's the rifles and whatnot?
ScornMandark

One good turn deserves at least a mediocre response :)

a wallpaper in thanks

Do you use many references when you draw? Or is it mostly from your head?
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Seraphic

ZOMG, MS ARE REAL!!

Hey, I remember that one! It's the one that was SO blue that my eyes exploded. =p

Saved. Thank you, Scorn. =)

As for references, I draw without them unless there's a special case where I need it. For instance, when I was doing that Epyon Custom, and I hadn't memorized the Epyon at all, so I peeked at Simmons lineart. (I had actually finished that one without any references, but went back and fixed it up because I decided it wasn't accurate enough.) I can draw all the Wing Gundams from memory though. And all of my originals are done without references. The Celestial Gundam is based on the Astray Red Frame, but since I didn't use it as a reference and only drew from memory, they look different enough from each other.

Everyone else's questions will be answered when I post the completed project. What you see here is just the lineart for Celestial Gundam. And as required of all my non-productive posts....

Thiiings of Interest!!
Xiao Xiao 5

An oldie, but a goodie.
-Antares

Seraphic

Quatre's True Nature

lol, sorry. I couldn't resist. This is what happens when I lose sleep/get bored. >_>;
-Antares

young_oldtype

Hmm, strong language. Not appropriate for children. :P
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
Wingnut

The video also seems to be slightly ahead of the audio there as well. At least on Youtube anyway. I don't know if it was fine before then of course.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Seraphic

Wingnut wrote:The video also seems to be slightly ahead of the audio there as well. At least on Youtube anyway. I don't know if it was fine before then of course.
Huh...it was like that when I was editing the video anyway. Maybe I extracted from a bad source? I'm glad to see that you were completely unamused by my childish antics, Wingnut. =)
-Antares

crashlegacy14

lol, wheres the inserted line from?

and your next thing should be a "Wingnut is not amused" image or something for the sake of lols. ...eh..yeah I'll be going back to bed.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Strike105

I believe that line came from the second episode of Black Lagoon, if I'm not mistaken.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

I really liked your Celestial Gundam... So I really wanted to try drawing it too(I'd say drew it in my style)

Here it is : http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... img007.png

I sorta had a feeling it drew from the Astray Gundam, and that made it easier for me to draw, because I used to draw the Astray a lot for my friends who loved the Manga. ^^

Hope you don't mind.. :oops:
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.