Seraphic's Section - digital art livestreams

The place to share your artwork.
Osaka

Re: Seraphic's Section - You call that a knife? 4.7.12

Thought you might like this: http://imgur.com/a/qvRba

Also um... I always thought it'd be cool if the disc units on Wing's shoulders were defensors.

Fit another pair to each leg either side of each calf (making 8 total if you include the legs and the shoulders) and then have the featherlets on the wings be funnels.

I think that's be elegant.

Oh and swap the side-skirts for a set of the foldable backpack wings in their compact configuration and have them outstretch in use.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: Seraphic's Section - You call that a knife? 4.7.12

Hi, Osaka. Thank you for that link. It was very thoughtful. I hadn't seen some of those Epyon and Tallgeese variants before. By the way, are you subscribed to HaganeF on dA? He's the one who did the Tallgeese picture with the beam saber. His work is pretty awesome.

That does sound pretty neat for a Wing variant, but I've always been iffy about the feathers being funnels. You know, they come off, and suddenly your wings are plucked, and how do you fly right? They need those feathers there for thrust vectoring and such.

Anyway, continuing my theme of oversized cutlery:

Lion's Mane

lineart

Alternate weapon for Leos which has longer reach and doesn't consume energy for a beam blade. Haven't seen a yellow Leo before, lolol. =o

edit: Also, page 10! wcch!! =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Re: Seraphic's Section - You call that a knife? 7.20.12

The trick with feather funnels to to make them small enough and in a low enough number that the funnels make up only a small portion of the "feathers" on the wings. I guess it be beter to call them Feather bits in that regard.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Seraphic

Re: Seraphic's Section - No swords? What....? 8.26.12

Colored some old lineart and a new drawing, too.

Aoki 01: black shirt
lineart

So this drawing is fairly old. 3 years? I was trying to get proportions better, but the way I made her clothes fit just makes everything look kinda blah. Her hair is a bit flat. The colors didn't necessarily make the picture look better. =/

Aoki 02: scarf and leather
lineart

I would like for her to be comfy, but form-fitting pants just look better. I just enjoy how dark the outfit is. I think I screwed up the face, and her ears are a bit big. I could never figure out why her hair looked detached from the rest of her, but then I realized it was because she's got no sideburns.

Aoki 03: little black outfit
lineart
closeup

So this is the new one. Ugh, how do I explain this. So sometimes I will breeze through a fashion magazine for reference or inspiration, and this one particular image struck me. It was more than 3 years ago, but the outfit and the posture was just so striking, so I wanted to try out how it would look on Aoki-kun. Looks good, I suppose, and I like the presentation of the image, but I'm not particularly proud of this image for some reason. I think it's because it's not really in her personality, as she would probably be too shy to go out dressed like this. I like the expression, though, so I provided a closeup of that.

Just so you know, I had lost the reference image, so I just drew it all from memory, with some references for the posture (Mahou Tsukai Kurohime). Yes, the cloth and folds look terrible, but that wasn't what I was practicing. There is a WIP image I scanned, to see her posture without her clothes obscuring her, but you can pretty much see the stance anyway, so I don't think it's necessary to post.

Yeah, the last image is pretty bold, but don't get any wrong ideas.

Thanks for having a look. Some thoughts would be appreciated. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Strike Zero

Re: Seraphic's Section - No swords? What....? 8.26.12

Whoa. Nice. Like, really nice. Like, those first two are great, but the third one is something else entirely. 0_0

At this moment that pose, that expression and that outfit are causing a series of certain thoughts to run through my head, but I'll spare you of any elaboration because this board is supposed to be worksafe and I'd rather avoid freaking you out if I could. :P
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Seraphic

Re: Seraphic's Section - new lineart 2.18.13

Thanks, Strike. =) Sorry about not being around to reply.

Okay, so here is some new lineart. It may look familiar to some of my old followers:

Astral Gundam

no shield binders

So if you look at the dates, I worked on this over a period of about 5 months. Don't look at me like I'm stupid, but I think I must have put in over 60 hours of labor into this lineart. I was being really careful at first, but then the drawing just got progressively worse and I didn't care as much. I'll post the WIP in the General thread in a little while.

And I haven't cleaned up the lineart at all, so don't yell at me.

I'll start working on the coloring now.

Thanks for having a look. =o
-Antares

Seraphic

Re: Seraphic's Section - Astral Gundam 2.19.13

Photobucket won't let us just link the plain image, so I guess I won't be using it anymore.

Astral Gundam

no shield binders

I've got a sudden need to draw several more MS, but I need to take a break from it for a while. Let me know what you think. No, I don't think I want to change the paint scheme on it.
-Antares

Seraphic

Re: Seraphic's Section - Full Armor Leo

-Antares

Seraphic

Re: Seraphic's Section - new stuff 6.10.13

Victoria Schneider - lineart

Her hair is a dark gray due to a mutation that occurs in some children born in Martian space. What exactly about the environment it is that causes the mutation is unknown. The mutation is said to be benign, having no advantageous or disadvantageous qualities.

Victoria is a mobile suit pilot for the Mars Space Republic. Her brother is Sage Schneider, a famous hero who lead part of the Martian Revolution. She has an unfriendly demeanor and a cold disposition to most people. Her metallic hair and behavior earned her the nickname "The Iron Maiden".

Needlesword

Just some unrelated old lineart I felt like coloring.
-Antares

Scorpio[pt]

wow nice work on Victoria
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Seraphic

-Antares

Seraphic

Re: Seraphic's Section - d'oh jesus....

-Antares

Seraphic

Re: Seraphic's Section - d'oh jesus....

Has it been two years?

https://youtu.be/im9BpRe39yE

Did a livestream while working on redoing the Wing Gundam HY
-Antares

Seraphic

Re: Seraphic's Section - digital art livestreams

Made a video to help new artists improve their mecha drawings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuvqcwYqVtA
-Antares

Seraphic

Made a video to help new artists improve their mecha drawings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuvqcwYqVtA
-Antares

Seraphic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_tTSqVWHrE

Session 03 for the Wing Gundam HYC
-Antares