Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - Greeat Spaace Raace! Reques

Ehhh... I'd really prefer the person requesting to at least sketch out their own original idea, or thoroughly detail it through text (Though I prefer sketches). A bit greedy I might be to ask people of that, but that's just the way I am :(. If you design your own original navy-like ship, I'll gladly make one for you. It doesn't have to be perfect either; I can try and make it from the most horrible of sketches to the most detailed, though I can't guarantee perfectly accurate results. XD

But yeah. I just don't feel right taking a design someone pulled out from somewhere on the internet and design it. I'd rather the person requesting ask me to make a ship they designed personally.

------------

Aside from that, here's a quickie I did over the past few nights after stopping work on the Colony Cruiser for a bit. I call her the Hachidori, or Hummingbird! 'Cause it looks like one.

- Hachidori Fighter Mode
- Hachidori Storage Mode

This small craft was designed by the head engineer and co-pilot of the Verdure Class Ship Aquamarine. It's a small one-man fighter that compacts itself into an even smaller form for storage in one of the Aquamarine's four small cargo holds. It's much smaller than most space and atmospheric fighter craft used in modern times. While it's very fast and maneuverable, it lacks strong physical armor. As such it makes use of a powerful shield array to defend against attacks. This shield array can also be used as a weapon, by focusing the energy at the nose of the ship, folding the wings and accelerating to pierce through ship hulls. Its armaments consist of a pair of Particle Guns (The cool kind that curve out while firing), a pair of multi-purpose launchers on its underside and of course its hull-piercing nose.
Antares

Hi Shori, sorry for being so quiet for so long again. Several times I told myself that I should say at least something but then the Internets stole my attention elsewhere... :cry:

But anyhoo, pretty sweet colony structure. The image is pretty cool, and like you said it's only lacking the ship-like qualities of armor/guns bolted on. That looks like an actual mobile base with quite nice conditions for the troops. You're a humanitarian; I thought any old squalored old colony would've done. :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Turinu

I'll probably get back to working on the outer colony walls within the week. Any particular suggestions on how you want it to be set up?
Antares

Well nothing specific in way of parts, but it can and should look like it's been haphazardly bolted on. Like a patchwork of armor and weapons slapped on as an afterthought. Probably most of it on the hull, less so on the mirrors, obviously. If you can add a bit of a glow in the rear where they have constructed thrusters to move their new mobile base around, even if just slowly.
Turinu

FOR MARS! o/

Aside from that, practicing with ship designs to improve my skeels to tackle some of the more difficult requests handed to me earlier. Finished these all pretty much in well under a day (Time-wise, anyways. At least three days total).

Ships are for a now dead Gundam RPG and are for the Mars faction I used to be a part of. Might be making a comeback on the new Alone in the Wind Gundam RPG. Never know.

Gaur Class Cargo and Supply Ship

Class: Gaur
Name: ACS-422 Gaur
Ships of the line: ACS-422 Gaur
Unit type: Cargo and Supply Ship
Manufacturer: Charger Shipyards
Operator: Mars
First deployment: January UC 0090
Dimensions: overall length 162 meters; overall height 58 meters; overall width 131 meters
Wingspan: N/A
Weight: 28,900 tons
Max weight capacity: unknown
Propulsion: 8x Medium impulse thrusters; Minovsky craft system
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown
Fixed armaments: N/A
Mobile weapons: unknown
Mobile suit capacity: many
Launch catapults: 2x linear catapults

Technical and Historical Notes:

Built by Charger Shipyards originating in the Side 1 Colony Cluster, the Gaur Class Cargo Ship is a Martian-exclusive vessel designed to ferry supplies between the martian settlements and the colonies supplying them. The Gaur Class actually set a record for travel time between Mars and the Earth-bound colonies at a few weeks rather than a few months; this is thanks to its use of a powerful assortment of impulse thrusters that would later be implemented in other martian craft made by Arcwalde Technologies. It has a large amount of space for storing small to large cargo, even going so far as to act as mobile suit carriers for martian fleets before they began to effective produce their own warships. A minovsky craft system built into the bottom of the hull allows it to operate in atmosphere as well, though it is incapable of performing atmospheric entry without the aid of a drop ship. Its simple, reliable build has seen its widespread use across the martian sphere as both a military and civilian cargo transport vessel. It has completely phased out the use of the Columbus Class in the martian sphere.

Chrystyl Class Patrol Cruiser

Class: Chrystyl
Name: MBC-GY2 (MBC-GM1) Chrystyl
Ships of the line: MBC-GY3 Chrystyl, MBC-GM1 Red Flagger
Unit type: Patrol Cruiser
Manufacturer: Martian Military Directorate, Arcwalde Technologies
First deployment: January UC 0095
Dimensions: overall length 223 meters; overall height 58 meters; overall width 239 meters
Wingspan: 49 meters
Weight: 18,500 tons (19,000 tons Red Flagger Only)
Propulsion: 2x Heavy impulse thrusters, 2x Medium impulse thrusters; atmospheric pulse system
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown
Fixed armaments: 1x Charged Heavy Particle Launcher (Red Flagger Only)
Mobile weapons: 6x M5 OSIRIS Phalanx; 6x M6 OSIRIS Grana; 3x M12 MaSAU, 3x M15 MaEAS
Mobile suit capacity: 6

Rolled out as part of Project Swordbreaker, the Chrystyl Class was the first mass production ship produced by Mars. It was a very frugal ship; very light weight and low output, but fast. It lacked weapons and was primarily designed to act as a scout ship, but was eventually pushed over into a patrol role on the planet's surface. Only the Red Flagger model equipped any weapons; the pentagon-like nose, which was originally a large munitions storage for mobile suits on the ship, was converted into a compartmentalized charge heavy particle launcher for space use, increasing its weight along with giving it a powerful weapon in case of emergencies. Despite the addition, both ships are identical to each other, as the cannon moves down into the compartment to appear just like a normal Chrystyl Class when not in use. It can carry a compliment of six mobile suits that launch off of a pair of linear cataupults built into the arms of the ship. It also makes use of a mass production version of the Olympus' atmospheric pulse system; a variation of the minovski craft system, to hover at high speeds across the planet's surface. They are slowly being phased out of production by the Elysium and Tharsis Class Cruisers.

Olympus Class Battle Cruiser Anariel Milise

Class: Olympus
Name: MBC-GY3 Anariel Milise
Ships of the line: MBC-GY3 Anariel Milise
Unit type: Experimental Battle Cruiser
First deployment: January UC 0096
Dimensions: overall length 352 meters; overall height 86 meters; overall width 225 meters
Weight: 72,500 tons
Propulsion: 7 x Gravitic pulse thruster; atmospheric pulse system
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Gravitic warp system (4x Gravitic rays); Advanced AI "Nepthys"
Fixed armaments: 6x 2-barrel heavy particle accelerator gun; 2x Gravitic Wave Launcher; 4x large missile launcher; 15x "Phalanx" AMMS machine gun; 6x micro missile pod launchers
Mobile weapons: 1x M2 OSIRIS Ixion, 1x M3 OSIRIS Sekhmet, 6x M5 OSIRIS Phalanx, 6x M6 OSIRIS Grana; 1x M7 Aethyr, 1x M7-GTD Gravitic Booster; 1x M10 Aethyr Mk. II, 1x M11 Telfyr Mk. II, 8x M12 MaSAU, 4x M15 MaEAS, 2x SCARAB Fighter
Mobile suit capacity: 16

Rolled out in January of UC 0096, the Olympus Class was a brain child of Arcwalde Technologies; originally an Earth-based development firm, that moved to Mars in order to get out from under Anaheim's shadow. Part of Project Swordbreaker, it was one of several original ship and mobile suit designs proposed to the Mars Militia in a plan to produce their own mobile suits and ships with monetary aid from both Neo Zeon and other seedy funds procured through unknown means by Arcwalde through the Side 1 Colony Cluster. It is the first ship to feature a Gravitic Pulse propulsion system; a propulsion system that used the forces of gravity clashing with extreme pressure and energy to create a powerful rocket system. It is also the first ship produced by Arcwalde Technologies to successfully make use of its theoretical Gravitic Warp technology; essentially a travel system developed by the company to shorten travel time between Earth and Mars, in order to make rapid transit of materials between Neo Zeon and Mars faster.

While the ship would not see active combat during the war, it would perform several test runs in order to work out the kinks in its construction. It was also host to over a dozen First Generation Prototype mobile suits produced by Mars and acted as the main base for the testing of the M7 Aethyr; a next generation Martian mobile suit designed for testing compact gravitic warping technology (Which ended in failure). As of yet the ship has yet to participate in any large conflict; however through various live combat exercises and test runs most of its weapons and construction have been thoroughly tested and approved by the Directorate, leading to the production of the Elysium and Tharsis Class Battle Cruisers. Currently, it acts as a flag ship of sorts for a group of elite pilots that continues to put to use various prototype technologies rolled out by Arcwalde Technologies for the betterment of the Martian people.

Elysium Class Battle Cruiser

Class: Elysium
Name: MBC-GM7 Elysium
Ships of the line: MBC-GM7 Elysium, MBC-GM7 Grangard, MBC-GM7 Azlore
Unit type: Battle Cruiser
First deployment: January UC 01xx
Dimensions: overall length 322 meters; overall height 84 meters; overall width 161 meters
Weight: 53,100 tons
Propulsion: 2x Heavy impulse thrusters, 4x Medium impulse thrusters; atmospheric pulse system
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Gravitic warp system (4x Gravitic rays); Advanced AI "Nepthys"
Fixed armaments: 6x 2-barrel heavy particle accelerator gun; 2x heavy particle condensed laser cannon; 10x "Phalanx" AMMS machine gun; 4x micro missile pod launchers
Mobile weapons: 5x M12 MaSAU, 5x M15 MaEAS; 10x M20 MaGAU (MaGAU Mobility Type, MaGAU Earth Type, MaGAU HME-Type); 10x M21 MaAIU; 3x M22 Aethyr E2, 3x M23 Telfyr E2, 4x M28 OSIRIS Phalanx 2
Mobile suit capacity: 10
Launch catapults: 1x mass electromagnetic catapult; 2x linear catapult

A second generation martian battle cruiser built from data obatained from the Anariel Milise's combat exercises. The Elysium would go on to be Mars' mainstay battle cruiser alongside the Thrasis for several generations. Its sleek build and strong frame, along with a decent compliment of armaments and great acceleration attribute to create a powerful mass production battle cruiser. One of the more interesting weapons put to use is the Heavy Particle COndensed Laser Cannon; more true to the original heavy particle carving machines used to create artificial waterways on the Martian surface, it's a constant beam of high heat and junk particles that "cuts" rather than "melts". Its mass electromagnetic catapult can also be used as a weapon, launching metal junk at high velocity into enemy ships when not being used to launch mobile suits. Because it can perform unassisted atmospheric entry on top of operating in atmosphere, the Elysium becomes the preferred ship of use for most Martian fleets. It sees use all the way through to the second generation of mobile suits, though by the time of the Fourth Generation most Elysium Class ships are no longer in production.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 4/2/11 The Martians, they c

Random Work-in-Progress for a friend's Roleplay Forum.

Powered Suit.

The other requests are loitering around my computer, protesting my laziness in getting to them. But don't worry! They'll get done eventually, hopefully sometime before June. >_>
Turinu

More progress! Well, more like a complete restart.

Scrapped the older one and began a new one. This one has come much farther and I like it much more than the other.

Niwa City Anti-Meta-Human Powered Suit (AMPS) WIP

Nearing completion on this one faster than I expected. Gotta think of a nice head to put on it (Or it could go without one; either works).
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

I think it looks cool without the head 8)
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Turinu

Aye, I might leave that as the standard option; headless, though with the leader units it'll probably have a head for more advanced communications n' such.

Robo-fu Pose!
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 5/10/11 - Character Art!

Something new today. It's been ages since I last posted mouse drawn art. I think the last time was an incomplete pair of women I scrapped for I don't remember what. Before that was... I forget.

First character drawn out for the Great Space Race; the co-pilot of the Verdure Class Ship Aquamarine. And before anyone asks yeah I'm slowly working on those requests for ships. I might have all the time in the world starting next week to get to them because my internet is getting cut probably, lol.

1. Character: Lilia Code (3D)
Lilia Code Casual/Combat Outfit
Last edited by Turinu on Tue May 10, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 5/10/11 - Character Art!

I like her. She looks like she don't take no guff from nobody!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 5/14/11 - Antares' Colony!

Here's Antares' colony.

2. Antares Mobile Colony (3D)
Antares Colony w/ Background

Any changes feel free to request, Antares! Also if you want the actual sketchup file to go for the full 360 view of the model just ask and I'll upload and PM it to you!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Very cool, I like your choice to leave it as an open type colony.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Antares

That is hardcore! With it's setting and layout it is more than good, it's great.
One, small, tiny additional request: can you make it's fresh colors a little softer? It is, after all, a refitted colony, so it should look maybe a little older (a few smudges on the coloring might do the trick, plus knocking a few mirror-panes black). So a small change in coloring, if you could? I'll also happily take any sketches, while naturally crediting the full artistic rights to you.
Turinu

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Currently I'm without internet access (Using wifi from library right now) so it may be awhile before I can get around to putting the completed version up. But I'll get around to tossing in some dings n' scratches and removing a few panels. I'm not too used to using textures but I'll try (And if all else fails I'll just manually put in such scars, lol.
Turinu

Here's the model I'm currently working on when not lazying around watching anime without anything to do with no internet access:

Daeg Hagal Original Work in Progress

Suffice to say it's turning out really nice. Will probably come out better than the Reyrand!
Antares

Cheers, Shori, no rush. :)

On the new work in progress, adding the guy there for a sense of scale was a good idea. Looking forward to see the Daeg Hagal grow.
Turinu

More Work in Progress of the Daeg Hagal. The guy used for scale mysteriously disappeared and I don't remember deleting him. Maybe he went into the cockpit, D:

EDIT: Update! Finished the head and added its backpack with beam sabers.

Really like how the head came out. Exactly how I envisioned it with the franken. Yes it's not supposed to have eyes (The large leo-like camera on its forehead -is- its eye). It's not until the Daeg Hagal 2 is made that it takes on the dual eye cameras. :o
Turinu

Wow, decent chunk of time between these two progress updates and not much done. D:

Fifth Progress Update for the Daeg Hagal. Started on the legs for the most part and they're turning out pretty good so far.

And here's its Multi-form Beam Rifle, which I've given four different forms so far (Though only three are shown).

These are the Standard Beam Rifle Mode, Semi-Automatic Pistol Mode, and Double-barrel Machine Gun Mode. The rifle can switch between the beam rifle and pistol whenever (essentially switching from medium range to short range), whereas the Double-barrel Machine Gun Mode is a barrel extension that prevents mode change unless purged; usually placed on the weapon before launch, though it can be manually placed on the weapon in battle if need be.

The mode not shown is going to be its long-range weapon variant, allowing the weapon to cover a variety of ranges. Its Beam Rifle Mode is Medium Range, Pistol Mode is Short Range, and Machine Gun is Short-mid.