Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 12/14/11 - New Battle Frame

Ehh, they should, but I was too lazy to make sheaths for them and it'd hide the glamor that is the blades. I guess you should think of them more like trophies rather than weapons; taken from enemies that have fallen to him, :P.
tehprognoob

Make a glass case for it?
Or else, well, mildew 0_0
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Turinu

Super-advanced storage warehouse; comes equipped with mecha-sized dehumidifier!

Another WIP shot. Also currently working on making the Hildebrandt's orange parts give off an orange glow, like they're supposed to do.
Geoxile

Hey, can you post wires for your models?
Sume Gai

if you'd like some weapon Ideas Shori I can certainly provide a few. Though before making any specific requests I wonder how game are you to do GN Weapons (with condesor blades more specifically?)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Turinu

Geoxile wrote:Hey, can you post wires for your models?
By wires, do you mean something like this?
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/ ... brandt.png
Sume Gai wrote:if you'd like some weapon Ideas Shori I can certainly provide a few. Though before making any specific requests I wonder how game are you to do GN Weapons (with condesor blades more specifically?)
Well Frame Crash doesn't have beam weapons (Currently anyways; it's not gundam anyways, so GN Weapons are out of the question). I mean, if you want me to design you, for yourself, a GN Weapon or two that's fine.

But weapons like what the Gundam Exia had (Sword x Shield x Gun Combo, etc) are perfectly fine. In fact, Frame Crash has had Sword x Shield and Shield x Gun Weapon combos in the past.

Pretty much so long as it isn't a weapon that uses particles, any idea is good. When Frame Crash advances a bit further down the line (Like maybe a few months after actually getting off the ground) Then I'd start planning for beam weapons.
Sume Gai

It has no functional reason to use particles actively mainly they are bladed weapons with beam guns added in. Here's the best description I've got.
The most noticeable change however was the new GN Gunblade Fangs. Composed of three sections, that were themselves fangs, these large weapons could be used either in hand or sent flying on their own. Like the 00 these weapons had an adjustable handle, though with a simpler single pivot point, so that they could be wielded as long rifles or as medium length swords with condenser blade edges.

The smallest sections, the Edge Pistol Fangs were small pistols with short bayonets slung under the muzzle Usually kept in hand for self defense these fangs had good mobility and could function as blade or gun but poor operational time limited them.

the Largest parts, the Barrel Fangs, had the entirety of the upper condenser blade attached to most of the central barrel. Having the longest operation time these Fangs usually functioned as guns due to the fact that the blades did not extend far to either side. In hand these weapons are held like tonfas by handles that fold out near the front. They are awkward offensive weapons but excellent defensive ones.

The last sections, the Bayonet Fangs have long blades that compose the majority of the gunblade's lower section. They cannot function as guns but are incredibly potent stabbing and slicing weapons. In hand they function as short but deadly swords.
would you be interested?
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Geoxile

Yeah. That's exactly what I mean. Though maybe it'd be best if you could just show the wires overlaid on the finished model. It looks like a jumbled mess in that wireframe only mode
Turinu

So something more like this, then? Sorry for all the clutter around it; I use those as articulation points for moving parts.

Also, I'm eventually gonna be putting an order in for a nice 150dpi 42x36 wallscroll (6300x5400p image), and here's the pose I want to put the Hildebrandt in for it; think the pose is any good anyone?
tehprognoob

More dramatic overemphasis, maybe?

Geoxile

Shori wrote:So something more like this, then? Sorry for all the clutter around it; I use those as articulation points for moving parts.

Also, I'm eventually gonna be putting an order in for a nice 150dpi 42x36 wallscroll (6300x5400p image), and here's the pose I want to put the Hildebrandt in for it; think the pose is any good anyone?
I think you might need more clutter because I see a lot of n-gons. What program are you using to make this? Sketchup? Autocad 123D?
Turinu

I'm using Sketchup. Brain can't wrap around other 3D programs.
Turinu

So I've pretty much gotten used to this rendering program; really like the way the lighting came out.

Still a Work-in-Progress for the most part; gotta add a bit more detail to the streets, finish the roof of the building, and make a car or two to park next to the sidewalk. Also a door for the warehouse.
Heretic

What are you rendering with?
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Turinu

VRay for Sketchup. Easiest one I've worked with, having tried Maxwell and one other whose name I have forgotten.
tehprognoob

Inb4 boob missiles again...

Turinu

7. NG-N301B Speis (3D)
Speis Frame Original Colors

It's a Ninja! Finished the Speis Frame. Light yet durable, but lacking in the weapons department. I know Ninjas have all sorts of tools of trade, but this'll probably refrain from them for now.
tehprognoob

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 1/22/12 - Nin nin! A Ninja!

Mecha tits
lol

Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 1/22/12 - Nin nin! A Ninja!

I have a completed Frame, I've just been too lazy getting around to making its design sheet and uploading it. In the mean time I'm making a new ship (dubbed the Aquamarine 2012 Project), where I'm going inside out with the design; making the interiors first, then working around that for the ship.

Here's the currently empty bridge, with all the lighting active.

Yes, it has wood floors. They look nice for a futuristic space ship. P: