Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Dark Duel

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

Also found this, which I actually did a few months back but never got around to posting.
Slightly customized and recolored Duel Gundam - as usual, Titans/AEUG colors
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

And speaking of the Titans, here's a little something I whipped up a while back that I just decided to take the time to color:
Alexandria-class (refit) heavy cruiser Iskandriya
Pretty straightforward; It's an Alexandria-class ship, with a rear-facing secondary hangar deck, and a sizable increase in firepower. I cobbled it together from various AoZ ship linearts.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

Aaand now, we have a customized Blu Duel Gundam, which is probably the version I'll end up using, IF I use it, for GSDA.
And here's a slightly different version.

Dark Duel

ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam - Silhouette Packs (ver.GSDA)
Okay, so I had some time while some parts I painted for a Gunpla project were drying, so I went ahead and colored the Silhouette Packs from the version of the Impulse that appears in my rewrite.

Dark Duel

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7433/1178 ... fa16_o.jpg
Not much to say - again, boredom strikes, this time in the form of a Zaku II mod. Nothing too special, just a Zaku II F2 customized with Zaku FS-style head vulcans.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Duel

Still love this thing
Cobbled that together from pics in the MG manuals in about 15 minutes.

Dark Duel

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3810/1233 ... c7bbda.jpg
Color study for a custom Wing Fenice mod I want to do. This is just a color scheme attempt, without the mods I want to do. Thoughts?

Oh, and on another note, digging through my old pics archive on my PC, I found this rather crappy set of Code Geass recolors I did years and years ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/ ... 17d955.jpg

Which inspired me to use more recently-released and higher-quality art to come up with this version of a white equivalent to the Guren MkII (Since I like the color scheme, but hate the stag beetle horn and goofy-looking arm of the Byakuen). No name for this yet:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3694/1201 ... 739fb3.jpg

And this complete set of images for a Grail-inspired Lancelot/Vincent variant(a little bit of both), which I christened Arondight:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7362/1223 ... bc3b5d.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3721/1223 ... 92d30f.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2868/1223 ... f4f87f.jpg

Whether I end up doing anything with these designs will...well, will depend on other factors.

Dark Duel

Anyone remember in Origin vol5 when they tacked the GunCannon's head onto a Zaku II body and stuck Kai in that after one of the GunCannons got trashed? That thing Kai called the "Cannon Zaku"?
yeah...

I also went back and tweaked that custom Titans version of Mudie I did a while back; specifically the normal suit - basically, just modding it so that she's wearing the helmet.
Thoughts?

Dark Duel

Okay, in connection with my recently updating my fic, two new pics:
Athrun Zala, white uniform. He now has his own command - two Nazca-class and a Laurasia-class.
And new art for Meer, too. Yes, it is in fact a modified, sexier version of the outfit Lacus(who IS dead, in this version) wore in the final arc of the series. I did that deliberately, mostly for sheer irony.
Read the chapter and you'll figure out why :P

Dark Duel

A simple part swap on the Build Gundam MkII.
I think it looks pretty amazing, myself.
Thoughts?

EDIT: And here's a recolor of the same

Scorpio[pt]

looks fucking awesome
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Dark Duel

Thank you.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Duel

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7140/1323 ... fa55_c.jpg
Left: Exia Dork Matter, as it appears in GBF.
Right: Exia Dark Matter, fixed

Dark Duel

Speaking of the Dork Matter, you know that briefly-seen Complete Form of the PPGN-01 Gundam Amazing Exia - BEFORE Makeover of Evil?
Yo. 'sup?
Last edited by Dark Duel on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Duel

To go with the above:
Yuuki Tatsuya, Gundam Meister

Wingnut

I think the thread for posting lineart that can be colored is either MIA or buried in some hole that I can't find right now, so I'll just leave this here as I'm sure you can make use of it.

There's even stuff from Build Fighters including the Fenice upgrade that you can color to match the one of regular Fenice if you so choose, and a few characters included among the various series.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Well, thank you.
Still on the subject of "Gundam Meister Tatsuya/Meijin", I did a version with the Meijin Kawaguchi shades.
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/136 ... 822972.jpg

Dark Duel

And STILL on the same subject. Remember the Amazing Exia?
Well, what do you think an upgraded version of that might look like?
Here's my take on it
Colored. Inspired by, fittingly, 00 QAN[T]'s colors, but more from the original concept version than the final.

Scorpio[pt]

looks nice on the design side , but it doesn't like like its an upgrade
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
zerg170

what weapons does the Arondight have ?