Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Dark Duel

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

Pretty much a mix of Lancelot's and the original Vincent prototype. One forearm has a shield, the other arm has a version of the Elbow Slam of Death (forget the technical name for it) that the Vincent had.

Anywhooo...
Back to Gundam, with RX-0 Banshee recolor - Unicorn Mode. DEAD LINK REMOVED - SEE NEW LINK ON P.12
A color study for my MG Banshee, which I have now built with that exact color scheme. Sort of - it's not actually complete yet. Will let y'all see it once it is.
Anyway, I was going for something evocative of the RW-01 R-Gun from SRW, but with less white and more dark blue. Went through probably seven or eight iterations before settling on this one.

Plan on doing Destroy mode lineart as well eventually; just haven't got 'round to it yet.

EDIT: Destroy Mode is now done.
DEAD LINK REMOVED - SEE NEW LINK ON P.12

Thoughts?
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

Because the GM III wasn't awesome enough already
Blue paint scheme, I doubled up the chest sensors, and gave it enlarged boosters on the back of the legs.
DEAD LINK REMOVED - SEE NEW LINK ON P.11
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

Me likey. If I ever need a grunt for myself at that tech level, this might be it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Thank you.
Also, GM III in Titans colors
Still has the doubled-up chest sensors, but not the enlarged boosters. Might do that variant later.

Dark Duel

MS-06 Zaku II recolor
The bitty thumbnail on the left is apparently early concept art for the Zaku II that I tripped across in another thread.
So I took that slick-looking new lineart of Char's Zaku II from the upcoming The Origin OVA and gave it a paint scheme derived from that concept art. Just for kicks, really.

Scorpio[pt]

looks good
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Dark Duel

Thank you.
Here's something else
The Lightning Gundam from the upcoming GBF sequel.
The left pic is the original colors, tweaked a bit for higher contrast.
The one on the right is it recolored in Titans colors.

Dark Duel

And, back to the Universal Century, with the XM-07 Vigna Ghina in Black Vanguard Colors.
And here it is again in Dark Tiger Squadron Colors.

Dark Duel

Still Universal Century - sort of - but moving a little farther back in time with the RX-79[G]Ez-SR2 Gundam Ground Type Intruder Custom
Basically took the Ez-SR Intruder from GBF Try and modified it slightly so its head more closely resembles that of the Ez-8 using a couple of bits from the Ez-SR Eliminator, then gave it a new color scheme based on a slight modification of the original Ez-8's. With, of course, the obligatory "8-1" chest markings :P

THIS is the original color scheme I did it in, which keeps the Ez-SR's gray rather than the Ez-8's tan, and lacks the 8th MST markings.

Dark Duel

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5604/155 ... c4ebd7.jpg
A recolor of the GM Powered Cardigan, in the original's orange colors.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5604/155 ... c4ebd7.jpg
A recolor of the GM Powered Cardigan, in the original's orange colors.
Much better. I really like the Cardigan, but the yellow I'm not a fan of.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amion

Yeah, that orange Cardigan is awesome, Duel. The orange does give it that industrial vibe I love so much. Funny, I just realized that with a sniper on the team, Yuuma probably likes having his allies in bright colors, to ensure he catches them peripherally when about to snipe.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Dark Duel

Maybe
Anyhoo, found new, more detailed and higher-quality lineart of the Gundam MkIII in conjunction with the upcoming 1/100-scale kit, which I fixed up a little bit.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3932/154 ... 5cc085.jpg

I decided I don't like the purple, so I did two recolors using the general colors of its direct predecessor, the MkII
AEUG colors: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3942/154 ... 4e00b4.jpg
Titans colors: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3945/150 ... 132ea9.jpg

Dark Duel

Phantom Gundam recolor
Decided to swap the Phantom Gundam's eye-stabbingly bad (IMO) green color scheme for a darker, more muted paint scheme evocative of the Crossbone X2
Mega Shiki recolor
In the original's gaudy-yet-awesome gold/black

Dark Duel

Hi-Nu Gundam Vrabe recolor
Color scheme is based on the GPB colors Hi-Nu Gundam.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

zerg170

hey dark duel some of your picks are down like the custom Minerva-class and Girty Lue and others. thought I'd let you know.
Dark Duel

Thanks for the head's up. Most, if not all of my custom C.E. stuff was created for my GSD rewrite, so it can also all be viewed at http://gsdestinyaltered.wikia.com

Dark Duel

On another note, I went back and re-tweaked slightly my Ez-SR Custom. All I did really was give it a shield.
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2946/152 ... b09ca3.jpg

Dark Duel

I revisited the Knightmare Frame "Arondight" design recently, and decided to give it a different head design, which is more inspired by that of the Z-01b Lancelot Club, with a few elements taken from the base Lancelot.
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8597/155 ... c4642b.jpg

Thoughts?

Turinu

Aside from that one piece behind the horn that looks like it shouldn't be there (Like the horn was copy/pasted over it), it looks pretty good.