Red Zaku's Art Gallery: Surprise, I'm not dead!

The place to share your artwork.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery: I'm at it again! Vote please!

Dark Duel wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:longer, sharper ones on the V01 seem more like something you'd see in the Cosmic Era.
That's because they are something we saw in the Cosmic Era.
Thought I aw those somewhere.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Not really, just disabling a mecha's legs or a person's for that matter isn't going to take out a unit. especially when firearms are involved since that crippled unit is still able to fire. in a world were beam weapons are not only widespread but essentially one shot kills the amount of armor you stack on your legs only adjusts how mobile you are. If you get out of a gravity well or airborne legs really don't mater all that much since you can still be pretty much fully mobile without them.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Red Zaku

The votes have been tallied and I give you the winner!

Winner

Winner Aile

Winner Sword

Winner Launcher
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery: Votes are in! :D

Yup, those shoulders were definitely the better choice.
crashlegacy14

the sword and launch look pretty nice. the Alie just looks like you plugged the default pack in and walked away, granted it looks good, not not a good as the other packs, mainly because it's just less interesting.

the launcher though I notice a bit of roughness to the right shoulder. The colors and lines on the launcher cannon itself (which I belive you just droped in right?) clash with the rest of the suit; it'd probably help tons to just dull down it's highlights. I think considering the ankle guards design and what not, the addon armor for the launcher pack should go further down covering most of the lower leg. and the leg missiles look really badly tacked on, perhaps place them further down the leg and integrate them into the add on armor. I'm digging that shield though. where's it from?

with the sword pack the only suggestion I'd make is to get rid of the highlights on the buckler piece. they stick out too much since there's no to little highlighting on the rest of the suit.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
zerg170

hey red could i get your ImageShack site link ?
Red Zaku

Ok, so last week a good friend of mine asked me to create the final upgrade for his Gundam SEED mecha for his re-write of the first show with Shinn Asuka as the character. As soon as he uploads it somewhere I promise. For now I've gotten permission to put the images I made for him online for all to see here in my gallery. The first paint scheme is Destiny Gundam colors and I'd like to give a massive thank you to Strike Zero who did the paint for this version. I made some minor t'weaks but he's responsible for most of the colors with this first one and so like I said, thanks a whole lot Strike.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5524/stage1h.jpg

The second one, is in Hyperion Gundam Unit -01 colors as when I got the request it was for a Hyperion style Gundam.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7812/stage2r.jpg
tehprognoob

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery: Some Work For a Friend

Seeing as these are frankens, i don't think that my point is very valid. However, it seems very odd. The different mechas can be told apart very easily. The base images looked like they were at different resolutions, creating the effect that they don't belong together. They are fairly good works, of course, better than mine, but I'd still point it out nonetheless.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

dirk222
Location: In my MS-06FZs Zaku II FZ custom killing Feddie losers.

Re:

[quote="Red Zaku"]http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... orsyn8.png
Gelgoog MK II

I love this Gelgoog.
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
Red Zaku

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery: Closing Time?

Well guys it's been as long time, it's hard to believe I've had this topic going for 5 years, but it's time for me to close up shop. It's been coming for awhile now, but I think it's finally time I got out of the Franken game. Sadly, I just don't really have the time for it anymore. It's been a long road, and I've been proud to share my designs with everyone here, and I'm thankful for everyone who's supported my Frankening habits so far. But fear not I won't be going away quietly, I fully intend to end on a bombshell, so on that note expect one more Franken coming in the near feature, which I hope everyone will enjoy. Until then I'd just like to end on, thanks for all the feedback.
Turinu

Wow, has it really been five years? *Looks at his own thread.* Time sure does fly by.

Hope to see you coming back in the far future when you have more time on your hands, and maybe delving into more art than just frankens. Adieu till then!
Red Zaku

Welp, it's officially here, the last Franken. But before that, I figure I'd give you a bit of back-story as to why I got into doing this. A long time ago there used to RP groups on AOL, technically there still is, and I used to rp Gundam Wing way back in 2000. Anyway, I was looking for pictures of a Gundam to use, cause everyone had to have one right? Well, back when Gundam.com was still up I found one in the form a White Gundam Epyon, someone posted in their model gallery. From then on I was kinda obsessed with creating my own mecha. At first it was just writing made up specs, but then I learned to use Paintshop Pro, and I got really go at making my own using Mark Simmons designs as a base. From there, it was a gradual progress to Photoshop, but I still used Mark's stuff. It wasn't until I joined MAHQ's forums way back in 2005 that I saw what others could do with the normal lineart that I tried my hand with the Okawara and Katoki stuff. It's witht his story in mind that I hope you guys will understand why I chose this to be my last Franken, and though it's not white, it does still hold a special place in my heart, my favorite mecha from the show that got me into Gundam in the first place.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3479 ... ilsj2g.jpg

Now, that that's done I just want to thank everyone who's ever posted on this topic for all the encouragement you guys have given me, and everyone who helped me out towards the end of my frankening, especially Strike Zero, his work to color my designs was greatly appreciated. Also to anyone worried they'll never see me again, I don't plan on leaving the boards, I'll still be around, I fully intend to continue my contributions to MAHQ for as long as I can, so no one get too gushy on me. So in conclusion, I just want to say thanks to everyone, one last time. Thank you.

Your pal Red Zaku
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery Closed: Enjoy my Last Submission!

...I don't know why but I honestly expected this one. I must give you kudos; that Gundam was the one that really got me into the fandom, despite its late entry into the series. And even though it was destined to be the villain, the sheer epic that is its name and design couldn't make me turn a blind eye.
tehprognoob

GG
will see you sometime later (?) on this board.
the art was great; you got talent.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Josh

Looks freaking amazing, wonderful way to end things. Good luck with things dude.
Red Zaku

Well, since I don't trust Imageshack to host all my old art, it's deleted or lost some images before.

http://redzaku.deviantart.com/gallery/

I finally uploaded all my stuff to deviant art so you can see everything I've done there.
Antares

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery Closed: Minor Status Update

Great to see your stuff found a home in DA, Red Zaku, all the best and thanks for the requests fulfilled over the years!
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Red Zaku

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery: Ok, this really is my LAST ONE..

Red Zaku

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery: RedZaku needs YOU!

Ok, guys so here's the story, some A-hole is going to report my frankens to the Deviant Art Mods because apparently Frankens are against DA's rules, so anyone have a better place to host art?
crashlegacy14

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery: RedZaku needs YOU!

...wait what? I've never heard that. where's this flapping his jaw at?
Crash's Mecha Based RPG