04-01-15: The Fifteen Faces of MAHQ

News and updates from MAHQ.
Chris
Bald Wizard

04-01-15: The Fifteen Faces of MAHQ

Post by Chris » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Chris wrote:Yes, it's that time of year again: April 1. On this particular day, it means that MAHQ is officially 15 years old. I've stopped mentioning in these annual updates how the site's continued longevity surprises me, but it's worth making note of this time. Fifteen years is a very long time, and mecha fandom has changed so much as great sites have come and gone. It hasn't been easy to keep this site running for all these years, but ultimately, it's been worthwhile. What started as just one small fan site grew to include an IRC channel, Mecha Talk, three podcasts and a Facebook group. So, as always, I'd like to thank the visitors and contributors who make MAHQ possible. Special recognition goes out to MAHQ's frequent mecha contributors, including Kuruni, balofo, Strike Zero, bilbros, Henning and E08.

It's also customary to have a special update to mark the occasion, and this year is no different. So here's what's new:

-Peter has reviews for episodes 11-12 of Fafner Exodus.
-Arshad returns to the Brave world with reviews for episodes 1-5 of Legendary Brave Da-Garn.
-Brian pops in with reviews for episodes 1-6 of FLCL, which covers the entirety of that series.

I don't have any announcements to make at this time regarding other new sections, but you can expect to hear some later in the year.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

Destiny_Gundam
Traitor Villain

Re: 04-01-15: The Fifteen Faces of MAHQ

Post by Destiny_Gundam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:21 pm

And to think, I've been reviewing for this site for 10 years now. Where does the time go?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."

Strike Zero
Busty Fanservice Captain

Post by Strike Zero » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Hopefully the site has another fifteen years in store for all of us. Heck, let's hope it keeps going until Chris is a crusty old man. The mecha world wouldn't be the same without him. :)
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.

Kuruni
Der Bigen Slicen

Post by Kuruni » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:39 am

Conglatulation!
My girlfriend was a loli.